• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

INFP or INTP?

DungeonessSpit

I'm having a hard time figuring out the difference between Fi-Te and Ti-Fe. 17-year-old male if it means anything.
I'd say I experience incredibly intense emotions that I'm always very aware of. If I've started to develop feelings for a girl, I know it immediately. However (maybe it's just because I'm teenager), I very rarely actually have the courage to act on my emotions. I also have very little control over them.
I tend to be overly optimistic even though I have no reason to be and I'm hardly capable of worrying about the future (I wish I could). I'm very disorganized and I struggle to maintain a normal routine. I find heavily routined lifestyles depressing. The only things I keep organized are things I care about; like my baseball cards, my books, and my albums. If my interest in said subject fades (which happens often), I'll no longer put any effort into organizing said thing. I'm also a terrible slob.
I don't know what it means, but sometimes I wish I could "prove" my emotional depth to people. Sound weird but sometimes I'll listen to emotional music and pretend that it was me who made it. I'm incredibly private about my emotions though. In art class we had to make a painting that in some way expressed how we felt and I couldn't do it. It's something I'd've done alone but since I had to share it with the class, I just skipped art class until that was over.
The thing I value most is emotions; if one day I suddenly didn't "feel" as much, well, it couldn't make me *that* sad, I'd prefer to experience the full range of emotions.
I find sadness beautiful. Lets me know I'm alive and reminds me that I had to've been really happy at one point. I tend to embrace my emotions. I don't really regret things, I just take everything as a positive learning experience.
I tend to be overly forgiving and merciful. There's no doubt that the adults in my life have treated me very poorly but I hold no hard feelings towards them. There's kids at school who severally bullied me and made my life hell but I still wouldn't anything bad to happen to them.
The thing I hate most is insincerity. I hate forced emotional scenes in movies. When I was a kid I refused to lie or exaggerate stories but it's something I began to do as a teenager and it's what I hate most about myself. I hate when people tell stories that are obviously bullshit but I'm usually not going to call them out on it.
Sometimes I'll get a sentimental attachment to objects. One time a girl who had a crush on me handed me a Lego dude and I've kept it ever since.
When I was a kid I really cared about rules but I began to value them less and less.
I have a hard time with empathy. I need to have experienced said thing myself before I can empathize with a person. For example, one time at lunch in eighth grade I made a joke about a kid at our table and everyone laughed but I noticed that he looked hurt; and while I didn't say anything, I wanted to. I'm much better at connecting to individuals than to a group. For example, when I hear about school shootings I feel nothing, but if I hear one person's story then I feel moved.
The most important thing in art for me is its emotional resonance. However, I'll often look at art more "objectively" than I'd like to and I'm always able to separate what is "quality" from what "I like." For example, I *like* Spider-Man 3, but I sure as hell notice its problems and know that it isn't a very good movie. If I love a movie, I usually wouldn't say "I love that movie," I'd say "that movie's great." Same goes for if I hate a movie.
When I'm mad at someone, I'd never tell them "I hate you" as it would seem childish. I'd just say "fuck you." However, I'd be much more hurt if someone told me they hated me than if they told me to fuck off.
When I first hit puberty (at around the age of eleven) I'd often have emotional outbursts. I'd break shit in my room and (in private) I'd often burst out crying over the littlest things.
Some things like songs, sound effects from games I played as a kid, the smell of pumpkin pie, and those GTA V sunsets can suddenly make me feel intensely nostalgic.
I often watch specific scenes in movies just because I know they make me cry.
I still love movies that are made for kids. Up's one of my favorite movies of all time.
I have a hard time maintaining small-talk conversations. I don't really see the point in it and I really only like to talk about things I'm interested in; and I hardly even like to talk then as I'm very private about my interests.
I often point out the illogicalness of people's decisions.
I'm terrible at putting my feelings into words even though I know exactly what I'm feeling.
All of my morals are based on my own values.
I over analyze everything and often get stuck in the past.
I get annoyed when people phrase things incorrectly and tend to correct them.
Nothing annoys me more than when I see people who don't think for themselves.
If I have a problem, I hate it when people offer me logical solutions; If I'm mad I wanna be mad.
I often get annoyed by poor manners.
For some reason I'll sometimes get hurt when someone doesn't like a work of art that means a lot to me.
I'm unlikely to be oblivious about the way other people are feeling.
I'm easily offended.
Despite the fact that I don't have enough credits to get my diploma and at this point I should just move on to a community college, I'm (retardedly) still going to the same high school in the hopes (of a 0.1% chance) that a girl will like me again. Love is probably the thing I think about most.

Hermit of the Forest

Greetings humans • Hunting
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
You sound like an INFP to me.

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
I'm gonna say INFP, Enneagram 4, and maybe self-preservation primary because I see the classic stuffing and hiding of emotions and envy, along with a streak of optimism/tenacity.

You seem really interesting, a good catch for some lucky girl someday.

Luminous

༻✧✧༺
MBTI Type
Iᑎᖴᑭ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'd guess INFP too. And enneagram 4w5, sx/sp or sp/sx.