• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

*weee! Follows everyone off bridge!*

Frosty

Poking the poodle
Instinctual Variant
sp
Im a lemming! Since everyones doing it I just have to too right?

That new questionarre thing. I did it for pluvio so might as well make my own thread too since its all done and all

1) Context:
a) What is your age range and general location (Country so that cultural values can be taken into account)? Do you have any impairments that may affect the way that you answer this questionnaire? Any religious or political beliefs (or anything else along those lines) that also might have an effect?

Early 20’s. USA. Yes but Id rather not go into them right now- but since its you and you know me I dont think that is an issue. No strong religious or political beliefs. I have opinions, but nothing that would overly influence my answers I dont think.

b) Which types are you currently considering? Why are you considering them and why haven’t you decided on one?

Ill leave this up to you. I have never liked when people who want to be typed tell me their type- UNLESS there is obvious distortion in their answers to manipulative me into typing them a certain way. Then it just saves me the back and forth of determining their intentions. But Im not planning on fitting myself into a type with these answers- so my typing is up to what you interpret from what I provide for you.

There may be some type bias though just from how- well- the fact that I DO have some understanding of type. And Ive been here a while. It might be, to some extent, intertwined with my identity just because I have done lots of exploration.

2) What do you deem as your purpose in life?

To live as positively as possible. To have an overall positive impact and to limit negative impact. To help out where I can when it comes to people- whether that be through being able to relate to their struggles or making sure that I dont screw someone over because Im more concerned with my own best self interest. To do the right thing whenever I can, and to work really hard at figuring out what the right thing is when things are not easy or clear. To not be afraid to do what is difficult if it is also right.

Mostly though, I just want to be a good person. I want to live a good life. I do not aspire to greatness- just goodness- but sometimes I wonder if aspiring to goodness is somehow self serving? If I only do the right thing because it makes me feel good about myself- does my intention to make myself feel good about what I am doing negate the purity of my actions? It doesnt negate the effect generally- but I care as much about my own intentions as I do their effects generally- I feel that- if a person is genuinely well intentioned- and willing to constantly reevalute whether they are or are not- their moral compass is unlikely to lead them too far astray. If a person is only doing the right thing because it makes them feel good- then the second doing the wrong thing feels better- a person is likely to bend.

So um. Yeah. Next question because shit. This will be 100 pages if I dont cut myself off.

3) Of the seven deadly sins, which one(s) do you relate to the most and the least and why?

I would say lust because it would make me sound cool and hot and sexy and all that and that would make me laugh but..

Probably sloth. I am very introspective but also very unaware of the need to do certain things and sometimes have a hard time motivating myself to just push through. I try- but not always successfully.

4) Analyzing your relationships with others, briefly describe:
a) The type of people you are drawn to

Generally unusual people with offbeat senses of humor. People who are interesting and who seem to have strong opinions and values- but are also laid back and open minded enough where they dont feel the need to constnatly force their opinions on me. People who seem to know who they are- but dont feel the need to have to prove anything to anyone besides occasionally themselves.

But really, Ill be friends with anyone. I dont generally seek out friendships but if they develop naturally- Im willing and really excited to get to know just about anyone. Theres a limit on this- but I wont go into that. Usually it means as long as that person isnt constnatly rubbing against my values- things arent ok. Values- not beliefs- not opinions. Someone could have an awful opinion but if their intentions are still good and their character seems... decent... then we might disagree but Ill generally at the very least respect the opinion. But again, an intention thing.

Also

People “with issues” much of the time. Or people who... well... want to be listened to. Im generally pretty good at that irl- better there than on here for some reason.

b) The type of people who are drawn to you

people who want to be listened to. Also very emotional people. And people who for some reason think Im like deep or something

c) The type of people you are repulsed by

Kind of touched on in the above. People whose characters do not seem genuine. People who portray themselves as something different than they are- who are overly image based. People who are nice instead of kind and think that that is ok. People who set out to hurt others. People who dont care if they hurt others. People who dont accept responsibility. People who refuse to look at themselves.

5)What are the traits in others that you admire but you cannot emulate yourself? Elaborate.

Social boldness. This is something that is generally pretty on and off for me. If Im in a social mood Im very social. Kind of- sarcastic and stuff. Joking. If Im not then Im very quiet and its hard to get out of my shell.

Organization. I wish I could be. Would make time management probably a lot easier and would make life much smoother I would guess.

Confidence. Meh. Kind of. Im afraid of being too confident though. I would hate myself if I ever got to the point where I COULDNT occasionally hate myself.

6) Describe your relationship with the following:
a) Anger

Repressed. Occasionally comes out passive aggressively through eyes rolls and avoidance. But sometimes, if something angers or repulses me enough, it all comes out at once and I have a hard time not just- jumping in. I try not to say anything to anyone that I wouldnt want said to me- try to stay away from low blows- but Ive done it once or twice. But generally Im only angry when I feel something is very very wrong. It only happens rarely that I get to the point where... Im angry enough to voice it.

b) Shame

I am constantly ashamed of myself. That is along with other feelings to but I always have this sense of... kind of... damage... deep inside me. This feeling that “im wrong”. My existence is bad. Im a bad person. The world would be better off without me. I should try harder to be better. Im pretty hard on myself usually.

c) Fear
Im not a super fearful person. I have issues sometimes socially... but most everything else Ill just- buckle down and say- I can get past it. Or at least, thats my attitude right now.

I feel like there are two reactions to fear- letting it win. Backing down. And refusing to fight it. And fighting and fighting and fighting and picking yourself up when you are knocked down. You cant always win but as long as you keep trying you cant lose.

d) Love/passion

Hah. I have plenty of things I love and plenty of things I am passionate about. But I generally do not feel comfortable tlaking about them. Only if they are called from me do I let them anywhere but as close to me as possible.

e) Conflict

Fairly conflict avoidant unless I HAVE to say something. Then I will. But I hardly ever enjoy conflict and get exhausted from it pretty quickly.

7) What are some of the themes that have played a prominent role in your life (ie. A struggle you’ve been unable to conquer, ect)?

Mostly everything Ive already described is a theme in my life. Most revolve around self improvement and at the same time making sure my desire for self improvement comes from a good place. Understanding who I am is important to me- and I frequently have to reevaluate. Life is full of bumps, and they bruise, but mostly what I try to do is to rememebr that bruises heal and that sometimes you can even learn from them- why they happen and where they come from- so you can avoid them in the future.

8) Answer only one of the following:
a) [College aged and above] What is your area of work/study? Why did you choose this and would you change it? If so, what would be your ideal?

b)[Under college aged] What do you plan on studying/working as in the future? How did you go about deciding this? If this is not your ideal area of pursuit, what would be?

9) When meeting a new person, what do you tend to focus on?

10) How do you feel about humanity as a whole? What do you feel are some of the biggest problems the human race faces and why?

Most people try to be decent. Some people are afraid, when it comes down to it, of the consequences of being truly decent and run from it- that is a big problem. But I do feel most people want to try. Some just... care more about it than others.

11) What are some of your hobbies and interests?

13) How do you usually “hang out” with your friend(s)? When answering, think about what activities you tend to choose, whether you hang out with one person at once or many, whether or not you initiate the interaction.

14) What is more important, actions or words? Why?

15) Oh dear, you’ve been cursed by a witch! It’s ok though, you get a choice on which curse you will receive. Will you choose….
a) To never be able to experience the sensation of taste
b) To be immortal
c) To lose your memories
d) To be poor for the rest of your life
e) Or to never experience passion
Elaborate on why!

This would suck, but there is more to life than food and eating.

16) What do you hope to avoid being? If it helps, describe a person who embodies what you avoid/you as a villain, ect.

A bad person. A person who hurts others. A person who is selfish and morally weak.

17) How do you relate to obsession? Do you tend to "merge" with others or your interests? How do you feel about the idea of doing this?

Hah! This is a 9 question. Nope! Not making things that easy!

18) Organized or messy? Plans and blueprints or impulse and surprises? What are you preferences and tendencies?

Messy. Plans and impulses. Some things I plan, some things dont matter enough to plan for, and sometimes it is good to jump into an impulse- impulsivity is good for exploration.
19) How do you subjectively view comfort and how do you create comfort in your life and surroundings?

Being comfortable is being casual to me. I try to be fairly low maintenance. It makes it easier for me to focus on the things I care about if Im able to minimize the impact of things that get in the way of that.

Norrsken

self murderer
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
You're an ESTJ 8-core Sx/sx/sx everyone run for your lives! :backout:

Frosty

Poking the poodle
Instinctual Variant
sp
You're an ESTJ 8-core Sx/sx/sx everyone run for your lives! :backout:

You dont tell me who I am! Oh... oh.. wait. Thats... thats exactly what you are here for.

But Im an ESTJ—- I cant stand NOT being in control!

*grabs another of my typological stereotype flashcards and prepares for the next level*

Marry me, [MENTION=29687]Frosty[/MENTION].

I can take the bad with the good. :shrug:

Ok. Two questions- do you have money? Second question- would you be suspicious if I told you that all of my other former spouses have met with untimely accidents?

Frosty

Poking the poodle
Instinctual Variant
sp
So. I type as an infp but I sometimes wonder if isfj is possible. That or isfp or enfp

Frosty

Poking the poodle
Instinctual Variant
sp
Anyone? Or am I just too easy/not debatable enough?

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
The most FP lol. Probably Fi-dom. I don’t see ISFJ.

Strong 9w1 and second most strong tritype-4w3. Not sure about head fix. 7w6?

Frosty

Poking the poodle
Instinctual Variant
sp
The most FP lol. Probably Fi-dom. I don’t see ISFJ.

Strong 9w1 and second most strong tritype-4w3. Not sure about head fix. 7w6?

Thanks! If you have time... could you guess at my instinctual varient? I have the hardest time with that. Usually I type myself as So dom but lately I had someone tell me that I might be so last. That although I care about social atmosphere that if I HAVE to disrupt it to “protect” an idea or an individual I will. And that means- in short- I might NOT be as so first as everyone thinks? I dunno. I thought it was interesting and I dunno. Id like to hear opinions

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Thanks! If you have time... could you guess at my instinctual varient? I have the hardest time with that. Usually I type myself as So dom but lately I had someone tell me that I might be so last. That although I care about social atmosphere that if I HAVE to disrupt it to “protect” an idea or an individual I will. And that means- in short- I might NOT be as so first as everyone thinks? I dunno. I thought it was interesting and I dunno. Id like to hear opinions
I don’t know a lot about instinctual variants, but my first guess would have been so/sx.

Z Buck McFate

Pepperidge Farm remembers.
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
So. I type as an infp but I sometimes wonder if isfj is possible. That or isfp or enfp

I'm reticent to say something, but since you posted this much...

I actually have suspected ISFJ at times, because you get so worked up by unfair things happening in the space between people. You've gone on tangents before about how frustrating it is to be the only person who is saying something about a problem happening in the group (and I absolutely agree, it's beyond frustrating to see a problem and the hurt it's causing and to be the only one who comes forward to say anything) - being sensitive to that, imo, seems like an FJ thing to me. FPs typically demonstrate a kind of detachment to it - they might not approve of what's going on, but there's more "to each his own" than "someone is being treated unfairly, I MUST step in." It's almost like any disapproval on their part is something to investigate and refine (the act of investigating and refining the feeling itself, as it exists in their head - whilst exhibiting a certain detachment to whether the actual problem is being taken care of); whereas FJs want the actual situation to be attended to first, and then spend their down time (time in which there is no immediate external conflict) investigating and refining their feelings of disapproval (i.e. Could I have handled that differently? Was it fair to everyone? Etc).

I say all this with a grain of salt, and want to make clear that I 100% think you should identify as whatever type you relate to the most.

Frosty

Poking the poodle
Instinctual Variant
sp
I'm reticent to say something, but since you posted this much...

I actually have suspected ISFJ at times, because you get so worked up by unfair things happening in the space between people. You've gone on tangents before about how frustrating it is to be the only person who is saying something about a problem happening in the group (and I absolutely agree, it's beyond frustrating to see a problem and the hurt it's causing and to be the only one who comes forward to say anything) - being sensitive to that, imo, seems like an FJ thing to me. FPs typically demonstrate a kind of detachment to it - they might not approve of what's going on, but there's more "to each his own" than "someone is being treated unfairly, I MUST step in." It's almost like any disapproval on their part is something to investigate and refine (the act of investigating and refining the feeling itself, as it exists in their head - whilst exhibiting a certain detachment to whether the actual problem is being taken care of); whereas FJs want the actual situation to be attended to first, and then spend their down time (time in which there is no immediate external conflict) investigating and refining their feelings of disapproval (i.e. Could I have handled that differently? Was it fair to everyone? Etc).

I say all this with a grain of salt, and want to make clear that I 100% think you should identify as whatever type you relate to the most.

Well I DO relate to INFP more than I do ISFJ- but ISFJ is still up there. I do have some characteristics that Ive read about in ISFJ profiles... and I think that ISFJs can come off as... well... very similar externally to INFPs. Some of my mindsets- like being more into... what doesnt overwhelm my senses makes me at times think I COULD be ISFJ- but it could also just be tert si and 9 and sp... blindness.

Anyways. In no way am I offended by any typing as long as it is done... as long as intentions are good/the person isnt weaponising the type. So thank you. ISFJ is definitely not a type I reject as a possibility- it occasionally creeps into the back of my mind... so I really am considering it. Not in any half assed way either

Im on the road now so cant post too much but will be back later.

Anyone else think isfj? Infp? Or any other type?

Luminous

༻✧✧༺
MBTI Type
Iᑎᖴᑭ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't think standing up for what you believe in necessarily means you are ISFJ. It could be Fi.

I Tonya

Rythym of the night
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Hawt, only God knows your type.

Frosty

Poking the poodle
Instinctual Variant
sp
Nah, dont think im esfp. Not like me at all really unless im super drunk or high- the takw on stereotypical characteristics

But if you have a why ill listen

Lady Lazarus

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
From experience, ISFJ + e9 makes you freaked out when people question your INFP 4w5 typing. Even as a lone "I don't care what anyone thinks" social last sort or whatever you want to call it. I assume it would all have been even worse if I were a social dom. So, I am pretty sure you're Fi. And aux Ne exploratory, not aux Fe attached.

Though I think ISFP's possible, you're certainly more ISFP than I am at least. But you seem so scattered and Ne (like Jar Jar) that I find it hard to rank it before INFP in terms of possible things. ENFP I could see even more than ISFP in terms of functions at least though you don't seem extroverted behaviorally speaking.

Z Buck McFate

Pepperidge Farm remembers.
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't think standing up for what you believe in necessarily means you are ISFJ. It could be Fi.

Standing up for what you believe is one of those phrases that can mean wildly different things (there are many ways of "standing up for" a thing, and "what you believe" can apply to vast criteria of qualifications as well).

The very specific way I tried to describe is characteristic of FJs. Regardless of whether I've described it well enough. FJs are quicker to act on putting out actual fires in the space that exists between people. I'd be surprised if that much were really up for debate.

Frosty

Poking the poodle
Instinctual Variant
sp
Some of the “putting out fires” may be my upbringing- pretty much... if you DIDNT step in to put out fires someone would get burned. After a while... well. Its hard to see that happen to people you love- so you can get a little... triggered by it. Or I mean... I can.

Maybe I am an FJ. I dont knock the possibility. Sometimes I consider INFJ too- though its not something that comes to mind as quickly as the possibility for ISFJ does- just because... ISFJ is a pretty misunderstood type.

I do still think Im an Fi dom. I relate to that function the most- and also relate to Ne auxes... tendency to chase and chase its own tail constantly- both with day to day things and intellectually- but... ISFJ... Im not completely opposed to really thinking about it.

I Tonya

Rythym of the night
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Nah, dont think im esfp. Not like me at all really unless im super drunk or high- the takw on stereotypical characteristics

But if you have a why ill listen

I don't have a real answer at the moment other than u not liking ppl telling you about who you are. That "sassy" way of ESFPs, ainain't nobody telling 'em their path or self.

Frosty

Poking the poodle
Instinctual Variant
sp
Alright- for now- I really feel like my motivations are more Fi motivations. The action... is not really about the “people” but more about... the outrage. The idea that “this is wrong”. Maybe thats more w1 attached to a 9 wing- but... I dunno. While I relate stronger to INFP- ISFJ is a possibility I dont think Ill ever be able to entirely dismiss. ISFJ was... what my upbringing demanded that I be. And maybe I am that. I dont know. Nature vs nurture. But. Well. I dunno.

I dunno.

Luminous

༻✧✧༺
MBTI Type
Iᑎᖴᑭ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Standing up for what you believe is one of those phrases that can mean wildly different things (there are many ways of "standing up for" a thing, and "what you believe" can apply to vast criteria of qualifications as well).

The very specific way I tried to describe is characteristic of FJs. Regardless of whether I've described it well enough. FJs are quicker to act on putting out actual fires in the space that exists between people. I'd be surprised if that much were really up for debate.

I think it depends on whether one or more of the people involved are someone the INFP loves/values/cares strongly for or someone who is at a distinct disadvantage/an underdog (child, handicapped, animal, etc).