• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Procrastination questionnaire

/DG/

silentigata ano (profile)
Hi. I am filling this out because I am procrastinating. Leave a comment or don't.

----

1) Context:
a) What is your age range and general location (Country so that cultural values can be taken into account)? Do you have any impairments that may affect the way that you answer this questionnaire? Any religious or political beliefs (or anything else along those lines) that also might have an effect?

Mid-20s, USA, some degree of social anxiety, no religious affiliation

b) Which types are you currently considering? Why are you considering them and why haven’t you decided on one?

ISJ types. I seem to fit the general temperament. Never seemed to have a strong T vs. F pull.

2) What do you deem as your purpose in life?

Life doesn't have a purpose. I have specific goals in life (relate to things like career, money, family, etc.). They are all selfish in nature, as I am only out to improve my own life and those that I care about. I have no interest in changing the world.

3) Of the seven deadly sins, which one(s) do you relate to the most and the least and why?

Most: Probably sloth. I'm very lazy and have a hard time starting things and staying focused. I'm sure gluttony would come in a close second.

Least: I mean, I have a degree of all of them. Maybe pride because I am not particularly confident in my abilities.

4) Analyzing your relationships with others, briefly describe:
a) The type of people you are drawn to

Extroverted types that are open to taking me in and making me feel at home. Whenever anyone initiates something with me, it is much appreciated. Extroverted types seem to be the most prone to doing this. I guess maybe more specifically EF types seem to do this.

b) The type of people who are drawn to you

None? I don't know. When irl do end up liking me, they tend to describe me as "kind" and/or "funny." It's always a huge compliment when someone says I'm funny. I love laughing and making other people laugh.

c) The type of people you are repulsed by

Assholes.

5)What are the traits in others that you admire but you cannot emulate yourself? Elaborate.

Um...literally everything? There are probably too many to list. Here are some big ones.

1. Discipline. So many of my classmates seem to be able to sit down and focus on things like studying or paper writing a lot easier than I do. Meanwhile, I'm over here suddenly interested in everything ever that relates to anything and everything unrelated at what I am supposed to be learning. Actually, it's interesting because in work environments, I tend to be very disciplined. But when I am "off the clock," (as in school), I'm not.

2. Confidence and social skills. I don't know that this really needs elaborating on. Social anxiety and blah blah blah.

6) Describe your relationship with the following:
a) Anger

Meh. Everyone gets angry now and then. I went through a period where I was angry all of the time, but it was mostly due to external circumstances.

b) Shame

My biggest shame is how I am socially way behind other people my age and keep getting further and further away every day. But I mean, beyond that, there's nothing much to report. I am much more prone to guilt than shame.

c) Fear

Fear is a big part of my life...social anxiety and whatnot.

d) Love/passion

I don't have many passions.

e) Conflict

I do not do well with conflict, as many here probably know already.

7) What are some of the themes that have played a prominent role in your life (ie. A struggle you’ve been unable to conquer, ect)?

The biggest one is social anxiety. I like people, but I have a huge tendency to go out of my way to avoid them. Now that I'm an "adult," the long term negative effects of my behavior have become glaringly obvious.

8) Answer only one of the following:
a) [College aged and above] What is your area of work/study? Why did you choose this and would you change it? If so, what would be your ideal?

I have always taken an interest in medical related things. But I have no interest in "helping people" or spending a million years in school.

Currently, I'm in grad school and working toward a career that will involve physical work with my hands and senses. I was drawn to it because instead of simply reading about a disease in textbooks, you get to see and feel the physical effects of it. It's one thing to read about cancer...it's another to hold it in your own two hands.

I don't know if it's ideal, but I'm hoping it will work out okay. I am rather clumsy and uncoordinated, so I am nervous about my ability to gain those physical skills.

9) When meeting a new person, what do you tend to focus on?

What they might be thinking about me/the way they perceive me.

10) How do you feel about humanity as a whole? What do you feel are some of the biggest problems the human race faces and why?

Humans are selfish creatures for the most part. That's fine, it's just how we are. I have a neutral stance on humanity. I don't claim to pretend to know how to solve life's problems.

11) What are some of your hobbies and interests?

I don't have many hobbies. I have things I'd like to do, but those cost money and time and I have none of those at the moment and won't for a long while. I mostly just dick around on Reddit and YouTube in my spare time.

13) How do you usually “hang out” with your friend(s)? When answering, think about what activities you tend to choose, whether you hang out with one person at once or many, whether or not you initiate the interaction.

I don't have friends. Interacting with people in non-structured, non-mandatory settings makes me uncomfortable unless it is family.

With my family, I like to go out and do things...going to the mall and out to eat and stuff is fun I guess. I'm not overly picky on what it is, but I like getting out of the house.

14) What is more important, actions or words? Why?

Depends on the context. But if someone acts like an asshole repeatedly, apologizes afterward, but then just does the same shit again, it's time to get away from that person.

15) Oh dear, you’ve been cursed by a witch! It’s ok though, you get a choice on which curse you will receive. Will you choose….
b) To be immortal
Elaborate on why!

I don't believe in an afterlife, so the concept of never existing again is incredibly depressing. I'm sure I'd regret this choice in 100 years, but whatever.

16) What do you hope to avoid being? If it helps, describe a person who embodies what you avoid/you as a villain, ect.

An asshole I guess? Also I don't want to be like my dad, who was terrible to some of the people I cared about most when I was young. Now he is a pathetic loser who lives alone and does nothing all day but work and sleep. I am unfortunately similar to him with that last sentence.

17) How do you relate to obsession? Do you tend to "merge" with others or your interests? How do you feel about the idea of doing this?

I am easily obsessed with new interests. I'm really into a particular TV series right now. When I become obsessed with something, I love to find communities online where I can discuss it with others (usually these are on Reddit). I don't talk to people irl about these types of things, as I tend not to know people who are interested in the things that I like, and I tend not to know what to say when put on the spot anyway.

18) Organized or messy? Plans and blueprints or impulse and surprises? What are you preferences and tendencies?

I an incredibly disorganized, messy slob. Sometimes I try to stay organized and neat, but it inevitably devolves after a short period of time. I'm a bit jealous of people who are able to be neat and organized. It's just not my natural tendency. I was one of those kids in elementary school who had a desk full of garbage.

Part of the above is likely to be a product of upbringing. My parents didn't make me regularly clean my room or anything...just when it got very out of control. Neither of my parents are particularly neat and my dad is a hoarder. I didn't grow up in a hoarding house though, as my mom kept my dad in check with his hoarding until they got divorced.

I do not think I am particularly impulsive, though. I like to know what I am getting into before I do it.

19) How do you subjectively view comfort and how do you create comfort in your life and surroundings?

This is too broad of a question for me to answer. I like to wear sweatpants and sweatshirts idk. Not sure how you are supposed to answer this question.

Metis

I thought it was a questionnaire on procrastination. I was going to take it.

Metis

I will devise a new questionnaire for your procrastinator's enjoyment, if you want.

/DG/

I will devise a new questionnaire for your procrastinator's enjoyment, if you want.

Don't do it for me specifically because it will cause me to procrastinate more.

Metis

Don't do it for me specifically because it will cause me to procrastinate more.

Questionnaire:

(1) Describe what "procrastination" means to you: ___________

(2) Define "productivity": ____________

(3) Do you agree with the definition you gave? Y/N___

(4) What should you be doing right now? ____________

(5) Why are you procrastinating? ____________

(6) Can't you come up with a better way to procrastinate than this? Y/N, and describe or explain your answer: ____________

(7) Would you like to complete an exit survey? Y/N, and explain your answer: ____________

Luminous

༻✧✧༺
MBTI Type
Iᑎᖴᑭ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Questionnaire:

(1) Describe what "procrastination" means to you: ___________

(2) Define "productivity": ____________

(3) Do you agree with the definition you gave? Y/N___

(4) What should you be doing right now? ____________

(5) Why are you procrastinating? ____________

(6) Can't you come up with a better way to procrastinate than this? Y/N, and describe or explain your answer: ____________

(7) Would you like to complete an exit survey? Y/N, and explain your answer: ____________

I'll answer this...

Some other time...

Adds it to bookmark folder that already has 42,365,402,658,587 bookmarks I will go back to "some other time"

Instinctual variant feels easiest... sp/sx I'd guess.

For enneagram... 2,3,4: 4
5,6,7: 5 or 6
8,9,1: I'd guess 9.

I'm thinking 9(5 or 6)4?

The social anxiety could obscure your type, I think, since without it, you might be out in the world more. As it is, the tendency to avoid and procrastinate ;) and not wanting to feel strongly seem to point to 9.

I feel meh about trying to guess MBTI other than IxxP.

/DG/

Instinctual variant feels easiest... sp/sx I'd guess.

For enneagram... 2,3,4: 4
5,6,7: 5 or 6
8,9,1: I'd guess 9.

I'm thinking 9(5 or 6)4?

As it is, the tendency to avoid and procrastinate ;) and not wanting to feel strongly seem to point to 9.

I feel meh about trying to guess MBTI other than IxxP.

Oh you actually answered it. Now I feel a bit bad about not answering yours! I'm crap at it and all I know is that you are a very obvious IF type, but I know you already knew that.

The social anxiety could obscure your type, I think, since without it, you might be out in the world more.

People like to think that way, but it's a part of me. I would think that it makes it part of my personality.

Luminous

༻✧✧༺
MBTI Type
Iᑎᖴᑭ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Oh you actually answered it. Now I feel a bit bad about not answering yours! I'm crap at it and all I know is that you are a very obvious IF type, but I know you already knew that.

People like to think that way, but it's a part of me. I would think that it makes it part of my personality.

No need to feel bad! :) I'm no expert myself.

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
I believe you're an ENFP. If you think you're ISJ I would suppose that you're just overusing/overidentify with your inferior function.

Your Fi is interesting because it doesn't seem overly emotional, but it does seem psychological/mentalistic in the sense of wanting to know, and having a good grasp of, why people do what they do.

/DG/

I believe you're an ENFP. If you think you're ISJ I would suppose that you're just overusing/overidentify with your inferior function.

Your Fi is interesting because it doesn't seem overly emotional, but it does seem psychological/mentalistic in the sense of wanting to know, and having a good grasp of, why people do what they do.

Sorry for the late response, but I just wanted to say that this is a rather interesting analysis. I don't think anyone has ever placed me as ENFP before. Thank you for the input.

kittenke

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
1/3
[MENTION=6554]/DG/[/MENTION] Can you say why you think you are J? Seeing that you aren't really very organised or disciplined or anything... I do feel also lacking in organising due to issues with low energy, is that the same for you? I'm pretty stuck on the J/P issue for myself actually so I'm extra curious about this (I do have a thread on that specifically here in the what's my type section). Or how does it devolve for you when you do get organised? Tbh as a kid I was pretty organised without being forced to!, then something happened over time. When I was still fine with organisation, I would do things like keep my collections organised, make the bed without being asked, keep order on my desk, in the desk drawers, in the cupboard for my clothes, and for my books etc. I'd keep organised records for everything really. I was just calm and content enough to do all that, idk. Now I'm more like, whatever I do focus on, I try to keep those things organised but I get to slip here and there, then I try to catch up with myself and so on. And other things I just know I don't have the energy for so I just try to not focus on the disorganisation of those things... And then your procrastination issues are familiar too lol, except I can't have the mind for running around with random things unrelated to what I'm supposed to be dealing with. I'm not able to have too varied interests like that.

I do think you are an I, S and T type. You really don't seem F to me, if that helps. You are just really detached and not focused on people. Your S is clear from how you want to focus on tangible physical things, even if you are also supposedly clumsy somewhat. Do you just mean you feel clumsy initially until you get familiar with the thing? Introversion is glaringly obvious ofc. I'm less clear on your J/P but the same for myself. :D

I'd like to also ask, how did you solve your anger issues?

ISTJ 6w5 sp/so.

Mind saying why ISTJ for OP? I.e. instead of ISTP for example.