• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Procrastination questionnaire

kittenke

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
1/3
Actually, [MENTION=34313]RadicalDoubt[/MENTION], since it's your questionnaire, maybe it would be interesting for you to look at this one too - I'm sure OP would like more opinions and I'd also be interested in your analysis if you are up for it at all :)

RadicalDoubt

Alongside Questionable Clarity
MBTI Type
TiSi
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
*Just marking this thread so I don't forget to come back to it

kittenke

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
1/3
[MENTION=6554]/DG/[/MENTION] I wanted to add: do you relate to inferior Fe?

Snickie

also not a cat
MBTI Type
InTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp
I don't have much of an answer for you since my Chromebook is about to die and I was too busy filling out the questionnaire for myself to analyse yours, but as I went through I noticed how many answers of mine were so very similar to yours. A handful of key differences but I don't think they'd make a difference in typing.

So now I guess I'm bookmarking this so that I'll maybe go back and reread it to answer your question.

/DG/

silentigata ano (profile)
@/DG/ Can you say why you think you are J? Seeing that you aren't really very organised or disciplined or anything...
I suppose it's more temperament-wise. I am a cautious person in that I need to know what I am getting into before I do it. I don't have that laid-back, chill attitude that P descriptions seem to have. While being under pressure motivates me to do work, I do not enjoy it at find it stressful. To put it simply, I prefer to look before I leap. Perhaps some of this could be introversion, but I don't think all of it is.

I do feel also lacking in organising due to issues with low energy, is that the same for you?

No. I have low energy, but it doesn't relate to organization for me

I'm pretty stuck on the J/P issue for myself actually so I'm extra curious about this (I do have a thread on that specifically here in the what's my type section). Or how does it devolve for you when you do get organised? Tbh as a kid I was pretty organised without being forced to!, then something happened over time. When I was still fine with organisation, I would do things like keep my collections organised, make the bed without being asked, keep order on my desk, in the desk drawers, in the cupboard for my clothes, and for my books etc. I'd keep organised records for everything really. I was just calm and content enough to do all that, idk. Now I'm more like, whatever I do focus on, I try to keep those things organised but I get to slip here and there, then I try to catch up with myself and so on. And other things I just know I don't have the energy for so I just try to not focus on the disorganisation of those things... And then your procrastination issues are familiar too lol, except I can't have the mind for running around with random things unrelated to what I'm supposed to be dealing with. I'm not able to have too varied interests like that.

I was never naturally organized as a child. And perhaps I am wrong on this, but I really think that the tendency for organization stems more from learned as opposed to innate behavior. My parents never made us clean up after ourselves, so my brothers and I grew up as slobs. One of us seems to be neat now, but the rest of us aren't. I think it's simply because we weren't forced to do so as children that we don't do it now.

Remember that organization and lack thereof isn't the only facet of J/P.

Sounds more like something happened in your life that made you change for some reason. I don't know what it is, but maybe if you figure it out, it might help you to return to a more organized state.

I do think you are an I, S and T type. You really don't seem F to me, if that helps. You are just really detached and not focused on people.

Hah, well, granted you are only seeing me in this one thread and not interacting in other forms. I do tend to speak a bit more formally on the forums in general.

Your S is clear from how you want to focus on tangible physical things, even if you are also supposedly clumsy somewhat. Do you just mean you feel clumsy initially until you get familiar with the thing? Introversion is glaringly obvious ofc. I'm less clear on your J/P but the same for myself.

No, I am always clumsy. The stereotype that S types can't be clumsy is stupid imo.

I'd like to also ask, how did you solve your anger issues?

My anger issues were related to specific, negative things that were happening in my life. They stopped and, really, time is the ultimate healer of wounds.

@/DG/ I wanted to add: do you relate to inferior Fe?

Sorry, I don't really know what that looks like.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Questionnaire:

(1) Describe what "procrastination" means to you: Doing something instead of what you should be doing.

(2) Define "productivity": Effectively and efficiently doing the things you should be doing.

(3) Do you agree with the definition you gave? Y/N I don't know why I'd give you a definition if I didn't agree with it.

(4) What should you be doing right now? Watching "It's a Wonderful Life" with my family.

(5) Why are you procrastinating? I started taking this quiz during the scene where George Bailey has a meltdown in front of his family. I hate that scene.

(6) Can't you come up with a better way to procrastinate than this? Y/N, and describe or explain your answer: Filling out questionnaires makes me feel productive, and if I can't be productive, then I might as well feel productive.

(7) Would you like to complete an exit survey? Y/N, and explain your answer: Give me a survey and I'll fill it out. I love surveys.

(leaves the thread with enormous ESTJ flourishes)

kittenke

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
1/3
I don't have much of an answer for you since my Chromebook is about to die and I was too busy filling out the questionnaire for myself to analyse yours, but as I went through I noticed how many answers of mine were so very similar to yours. A handful of key differences but I don't think they'd make a difference in typing.

So now I guess I'm bookmarking this so that I'll maybe go back and reread it to answer your question.

I didn't find your questionnaire, just an old thread. Are you still into having others give you input on your type in that one?

kittenke

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
1/3
I suppose it's more temperament-wise. I am a cautious person in that I need to know what I am getting into before I do it. I don't have that laid-back, chill attitude that P descriptions seem to have. While being under pressure motivates me to do work, I do not enjoy it at find it stressful. To put it simply, I prefer to look before I leap. Perhaps some of this could be introversion, but I don't think all of it is.

Why do you want to look before leaping, what's the purpose with it, and what do you look at?

And, can I ask, what do you find stressful with pressure? That the end result might not be good enough, or that it simply feels like an uncomfortable state, etc?

No. I have low energy, but it doesn't relate to organization for me

I was never naturally organized as a child. And perhaps I am wrong on this, but I really think that the tendency for organization stems more from learned as opposed to innate behavior. My parents never made us clean up after ourselves, so my brothers and I grew up as slobs. One of us seems to be neat now, but the rest of us aren't. I think it's simply because we weren't forced to do so as children that we don't do it now.

Remember that organization and lack thereof isn't the only facet of J/P.

Ah ok, I see. Do you have a resource that lists all facets of J/P?

I dunno about others with organisation, I'm sure upbringing does play a role in many cases, personally I was not taught it though as a kid, it came naturally to me. And for me organisation includes way more than just cleaning up after myself btw. So for example I was never told to organise my collections or the things in my desk drawers but I did it anyway and it always just felt like a natural need.

Sounds more like something happened in your life that made you change for some reason. I don't know what it is, but maybe if you figure it out, it might help you to return to a more organized state.

Yeah...

Hah, well, granted you are only seeing me in this one thread and not interacting in other forms. I do tend to speak a bit more formally on the forums in general.

It's not just the formal style, like I said, you have really low focus on people, but I guess Fi-dom can really seem like they are low in Fe with that, if you were to be a Fi-dom by any chance.

No, I am always clumsy. The stereotype that S types can't be clumsy is stupid imo.

For sure I agree, if someone e.g. has an illness that makes them have motor coordination problems, that wouldn't be type related either. Just as an example, not saying you have that lol

/DG/

silentigata ano (profile)
Why do you want to look before leaping, what's the purpose with it, and what do you look at?

I don't know, why not? It's less anxiety-inducing to know what you're getting into.

And, can I ask, what do you find stressful with pressure? That the end result might not be good enough, or that it simply feels like an uncomfortable state, etc?

The latter. But it is a good motivator to action. I rarely do things ahead of time.

Ah ok, I see. Do you have a resource that lists all facets of J/P?

No, sorry. I've been a member here for many years and it's just something I've picked up. I will say this sort of thing is more from reading both temperament and type descriptions rather than a dichotomy or cognitive function chart.

I dunno about others with organisation, I'm sure upbringing does play a role in many cases, personally I was not taught it though as a kid, it came naturally to me. And for me organisation includes way more than just cleaning up after myself btw. So for example I was never told to organise my collections or the things in my desk drawers but I did it anyway and it always just felt like a natural need.

This concept is very strange to me. Are you sure? Many parents make their children to chores that involve light cleaning and such. Perhaps you learned this way, even if they didn't have to force you to comply.

For sure I agree, if someone e.g. has an illness that makes them have motor coordination problems, that wouldn't be type related either. Just as an example, not saying you have that lol

I get what you mean, but it's a rather poor example, imo. It doesn't have to be anything pathological. It's silly to think that just because I prefer sensing that it means I am acutely aware of literally everything around me. I'm not Sherlock Holmes or Spiderman.

kittenke

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
1/3
I don't know, why not? It's less anxiety-inducing to know what you're getting into.

Ah ok I see. Yeah I think a lot of people would say what you said here. My coping mechanism is different: focus on the concrete action itself. So there is no space for other stuff in my mind. Or when it's not time yet to take any action, just distract myself with other stuff.

The latter.

OK I see

But it is a good motivator to action. I rarely do things ahead of time.

Yeah same for me lol, just like the bad P stereotypes.

No, sorry. I've been a member here for many years and it's just something I've picked up. I will say this sort of thing is more from reading both temperament and type descriptions rather than a dichotomy or cognitive function chart.

Alright, thanks either way!

This concept is very strange to me. Are you sure? Many parents make their children to chores that involve light cleaning and such. Perhaps you learned this way, even if they didn't have to force you to comply.

What I meant was that cleaning tasks have nothing to do with organising my desk drawers or my quite big collections or other stuff and tasks that I did a lot of organising for. No one else ever in my family did that sort of thing. So yeah I did not learn it from my parents or my siblings either. Just a natural need for me.

And right, if you are asking, I wasn't made to do chores much either.

I get what you mean, but it's a rather poor example, imo. It doesn't have to be anything pathological. It's silly to think that just because I prefer sensing that it means I am acutely aware of literally everything around me. I'm not Sherlock Holmes or Spiderman.

It was an extreme example but I never implied this stuff has to be pathological. I implied the opposite, actually.

kittenke

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
1/3
Thank you for this list. How do you think you fall then?

Np! To answer your question, I actually posted about it here (post #86). I guess it overall comes out to a slight J leaning. How about you?