• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

My type?

Airius

MBTI Type
INTJ
Tests display what you tell them, so I wouldn't consider any results that you get to be concrete. Additionally, I think it's more likely for someone to receive the same results after time and time again because they become conditioned to respond in a certain way.

That's why I think the biggest part of finding your MBTI type is left to self-reflection. INTJ or not, don't fall back on percentages.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
That's not logical.
Ergo, you can't be an NT.

j/k - Looks pretty conclusive to me.
INTJs are a variable bunch, IME.

Now, get out there and develop some social skills already!

You want to tell me that it is logical to find some personalty classification on the internet for wich you have never even heard of and no one else around you did and test give you extreme results all the time.
Sorry but scepticism is logical in this case.

Tests display what you tell them, so I wouldn't consider any results that you get to be concrete. Additionally, I think it's more likely for someone to receive the same results after time and time again because they become conditioned to respond in a certain way.

That's why I think the biggest part of finding your MBTI type is left to self-reflection. INTJ or not, don't fall back on percentages.

This is why I have asked for second opinion.
But this extreme results sound more or less like me in real life.

Will dare to say that the job of this thread is done.

But I will answear questions in case that there are any.

Night

Boring old fossil
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5/8
Antisocial - do you have any thoughts on my earlier post?

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
Antisocial - do you have any thoughts on my earlier post?

What type I want to be?

To tell you the truth I don't believe in types but I think that there are tendencys and I think that my tendencys can place me in INTJ category.
The descriptions and tests simply fit so well.
I don't doubt my type simply bacause I know how my life looks like.

I can't see the point in chosing types because you can't choose them.

What is my gig?

I just wanted to see if others will see me as an INTJ and it looks that some people do some people don't.

But in the end the entire thing turned into some kind of a trolling. Especialy if INTJmom is not joking. I was thinking that she was joking because once she said that her young days were just like hers.
From all people on this forum you are the most likely to know that I have the tendency to ask question even if I know the answer.

Why?

Because I want to be sure.
The past (last 20 years) has proven that I am naturaly unknowing about my social position in some cases. So I create this kind of games to find out. Since many people usually say what they think if it isn't too bad or awkvard. But it looks that this does not work in Internet forums too well.
Sometimes I play games just to look more playful since natural me is usually scary to other people and sometimes I just want to see what the other person is thinking.

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Especialy if INTJmom is not joking. I was thinking that she was joking because once she said that her young days were just like hers.
I was not joking, as I already told you. When I said I was exactly like you when I was young, most of what you had said about yourself had to do with being alone, isolated, and friendless. Besides, I didn't know you then. I was taking for granted that you were an INTJ because that's what you say you are. Not only that, but you seem like you're trying to behave like an INTJ. You are letting the type define you, instead of just being yourself.

I might be wrong, but for myself, I will never again accept your claim to be an INTJ. You do not see below the surface of anything. You only pretend to.

For one thing, if you were an N, you would realize that you cannot accept, at face value, the results of any free online tests.

I have been studying MBTT for 18 years. Taking a few tests does not teach you anything. You need to study the books.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
I was not joking, as I already told you. When I said I was exactly like you when I was young, most of what you had said about yourself had to do with being alone, isolated, and friendless. Besides, I didn't know you then. I was taking for granted that you were an INTJ because that's what you say you are. Not only that, but you seem like you're trying to behave like an INTJ. You are letting the type define you, instead of just being yourself.

I might be wrong, but for myself, I will never again accept your claim to be an INTJ. You do not see below the surface of anything. You only pretend to.

For one thing, if you were an N, you would realize that you cannot accept, at face value, the results of any free online tests.

I have been studying MBTT for 18 years. Taking a few tests does not teach you anything. You need to study the books.

If you read my last post you will see that type is not something that I think as something that is solid and I have never claimed that I know much about MBTI.

As for the percentages they are wrong for sure since there is mostly just option A and B so you ahve to choose that is more correct about you what means that you always prefer one letter over the other and you will end up with what I have.
In the case that I accept online tests so much this thread would never even existed. It is just that from what I know I don't see how I can be anything else.

In the case that I knew that you are serious I would have acted differently.

The part where you say that you are type 4 and that you are easily excited because of it looks like pure sarcasm. When cascademn warned you that your logic has a hole in it, you have said that you are just trying to do your best.
I have said "give me a good reason" and you have turned that into a concrete reason. You have started to post in this thread like a person who lost it and it has a nervous brakedown.Instead you could have created one bigger and more stable argument/post .Since you are a person that is not freaking out usually I have just made a logical conclusion.

You have said that in that thread there can be no last post and look how it ended just moment latter.
Hights move is totally logial since he won, he made a good joke and he prevented a compulsive posting.(what is good if you ask me)
Even if that did not happen there is not reason to think that this forum will last forever. I can bet in my house that it will not exist some 270 million years from now.
You have said that no one makes opinion based on one post but you use the fact that I have said that I dont understand the point of the thread.
Right now you are saying that I take type as something too concrete and you were accusing me that I have humor just like your ISTJ mother.

Sorry,your posts looked like a joke to me.(and they still do)

Of course there is always a option that you are playing much deeper game then it looks like.

What books would you recommend in the case that I manage to find some of them? (where I live no one knows about MBTI.)

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
INTJ and more I wont say, cause I fear to be analyzed by you :)

Mondo

Welcome to Sunnyside
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
From just reading Antisocial one's last post on this thread, I think INTJ.

Also, I think only an INTP or INTJ would call themselves "Antisocial one".

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
From just reading Antisocial one's last post on this thread, I think INTJ.

Also, I think only an INTP or INTJ would call themselves "Antisocial one".

It would be too judging for an INTP I guess. They nevertheless try to keep their options open and not ask the world for guidance and then tell the world who they really are, like INTJ would :D

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
I bet, if I were a girl he would flood my profile now :D

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
I like you, read a few of your posts so far and they were great. Havent seen a logical flaw in it and you do present new ideas and view on things. What you want more ?

Noone cares what your type is and that I mean in general for all people. When it comes to me my type is astronaut with a high inclination for rocket launchers :D

Totally indifferent, as long as you are ok and you are. Everyone who tells you otherwise projects his own problems, when you ask too long. That happend to you, as it happend to millions of our species before.

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Why N?

Because am unskilled, I have never done anything really practical.
All S types begin unskilled.
Compared to who are you unskilled?
What can you do with your hands?
Some N types are extremely skilled.
For instance, I am very good with hammer and nails, and screwdrivers.
Just because I CAN build something doesn't mean I am an S.
As a matter of fact I had barely any S 15 years ago.

Here is a mistake I see a lot on this forum: people come here and say, this is how I behave... what is my type?
That is the wrong approach.
The second dichotomy in MBTT of iNtuition vs Sensing has to do with the way a person takes in information, not how they put it out.

The difficulty there of course is that we can't see how another person takes in information so we have to ask them questions and rely on them to tell us the honest truth about the way they take in information. There are some stereotypes that describe S or N behavior, but as Jung said, and as I remind everyone in my signature,
"Every individual is an exception to the rule." which of course means that no one person is going to fit the stereotype.

The reason I said we have to trust people to tell us the honest truth is because some S types come here thinking they are an N, and when we ask them questions, they try to fabricate N type answers. Well, we're only human, and this is only an online forum, not brain surgery, so accepting what you say about yourself is the first most obvious choice.

Even my practical school projects were completely done by my parents.(with my supervision)
They didn't do you any favors in the long run, did they?

I am a future scientist, I think about time, space and things like that every day. I live in my head. I love strategy games.
Those things do not belong alone to the N types.
My husband is an ISTP and is excellent at strategy games.

If you have more questions feel free to ask that is the point of this thread.

okie dokie

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
I would bet a Hershey bar that you are mistaken.

I have posted that post because I have wanted to show that I am aware of the trick that even size of post can mean something.

I am not saying that I am not S simply because I want to be N.
It is just that S does not describe me.
I know that S and N are how person gets information.
(that much I do know about MBTI)

For example you have no idea through how much frustration my father went with me and he is S for sure.

Many times he said to me "fuckn theoretician" and hold grudges because of my behaviour.

When I was a kid he bought me a package with tools for 10 year olds and with some materials so that I can starts to practice my hands.
Today some 15 years after the package is still waiting for to be used.
I have never trained any kind of sports.
You say that this does not matter so I will believe you.

But what I am tring to say is that this could be because I am too focused on my mind to care about something so physical.

I have spent one entire year of my life on reading couple of dozens of books about the universe, time , determinism and stuff like that. I have stoped simply because library had nothing more to offer.
For the entire year(when I ended highschool) I did not talk to people and there were even days when I didn't say a word.(that much I have enjoyed that books)

Right now the main goal in my life is trying to gain Ph. D in hard science and I am creating models about what will happen to civilization in 21. century. Where I live it is much harder to get that degree then in the us.
I spend hours every day staring at the white walls of my room thinking about what can be.

You have said that your husband is good in strategy games. Can I ask what that means if you know. Skilled player of strategy games is actually very subjective phrase.
Person that plays alot of them does not have to be a good player.

I am sorry but I simply don't see how I can be S.
Does this really sound S to you ? (I am not saying that it does not)

As for the practical school projects I have not regreted that they did them for me.

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
I have posted that post because I have wanted to show that I am aware of the trick that even size of post can mean something.

I am not saying that I am not S simply because I want to be N.
It is just that S does not describe me.
I know that S and N are how person gets information.
(that much I do know about MBTI)

For example you have no idea through how much frustration my father went with me and he is S for sure.

Many times he said to me "*** theoretician" and hold grudges because of my behaviour.

When I was a kid he bought me a package with tools for 10 year olds and with some materials so that I can starts to practice my hands.
Today some 15 years after the package is still waiting for to be used.
You say that this does not matter so I will believe you.

But what I am tring to say is that this could be because I am too focused on my mind to care about something so physical.

I have spent one entire year of my life on reading couple of dozens of books about the universe, time , determinism and stuff like that. I have stoped simply because library had nothing more to offer.
For the entire year(when I ended highschool) I did not talk to people and there were even days when I didn't say a word.(that much I have enjoyed that books)

Right now the main goal in my life is trying to gain Ph. D in hard science and I am creating models about what will happen to civilization in 21. century. Where I live it is much harder to get that degree then in the us.
I spend hours every day staring at the white walls of my room thinking about what can be.

You have said that your husband is good in strategy games. Can I ask what that means if you know. Skilled player of strategy games is actually very subjective phrase.
Person that plays alot of them does not have to be a good player.

I am sorry but I simply don't see how I can be S.
Does this really sound S to you ? (I am not saying that it does not)

As for the practical school projects I have not regreted that they did them for me.
Skilled at strategy means good at strategy without any practice.

Based on what your father said, I agree you are probably an N.
He probably said it because you were too theoretical for him to understand.
I was wrong.
I apologize.
Though perhaps if you like heads games, so much you might look into whether you are an INTP.
INTPs can also be prolific writers, as evidenced by BlueWing.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
Skilled at strategy means good at strategy without any practice.

Based on what your father said, I agree you are probably an N.
He probably said it because you were too theoretical for him to understand.
I was wrong.
I apologize.
Though perhaps if you like heads games, so much you might look into whether you are an INTP.
INTPs can also be prolific writers, as evidenced by BlueWing.

There is no reason to apologize because if everyone just said
" Yes, you are INTJ " this thread would not have any real meaning.

My father said that for sure because I am too teoretical for him and we have this conflict since my birth.

Well If you want to prove that I am not INTJ, INTP is much better bet then ISTJ because INTP is my secound choice if I take a look at my tendncys and interests.
Plus my Ti and Ne are developed, not as Ni and Te but their influence can be felt.
But the biggest problem with the idea that I am INTP is that my room is not a mess and I don't like mess or last minute decision unless there is a deeper reason for them exists. But probably not all INTPs like mess.

Also people I would type as INTPs and ENTPs accuse me that I plan a way too much and that I should be much more easygoing with people.
This thread is my evidence.