• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

I Filled Out the Survey That’s Been Floating Around if Anyone Wants to Guess

LucieCat

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Here we go! This survey was fun.

1) Context:
a) What is your age range and general location (Country so that cultural values can be taken into account)? Do you have any impairments that may affect the way that you answer this questionnaire? Any religious or political beliefs (or anything else along those lines) that also might have an effect?

I am 20 years old and from the Mid-Atlantic United States.

I have both ADHD/ADD and Generalized Anxiety Disorder. Years of therapy, medication, and growth have significantly lessened the impact of these on my life.

My religious beliefs are a non-literalist interpretation of Christianity. I am unaffiliated at the present time with any religious organizations and do not publicly practice my faith. This is mostly because I really found that I did not get much out of it and was tired of seeing hypocrisy.

I describe myself as an "independent moderate centrist." I am heavily biased against political parties in general, mostly because I have literally disliked them from childhood. I tend to be a skeptic of anyone in power. If we break down my actual beliefs, I am socially liberal but more on the economically conservative side. Defining me as a libertarian is a big of a stretch, but I have tested more into that category on political alignment tests (and barely I might add).

My primary worldview and belief system revolves respect and treating others the way you want to be treated. This is the underlying ideology in most of what i say and do. It was instilled in me from a young age, and the times I stray from it are the times I feel the worst. I also hate injustice and bullying. I tend to get more up in arms when those I care about are wronged than when I am wronged.

I can be admittedly cold sometimes as a self-defense mechanism. I often struggle with one to one interactions and I have to actively try to pick up on other people's emotions. I have been rather ruthless about cutting toxic family out. I'm generally kind and friendly, but that streak does exist. I've been accused of not having empathy. But I am almost positive that is not actually true.

I was also tested for and diagnosed with preliminary aspbergers back when that was still a diagnosis. I was never officially diagnosed because they couldn't decide whether I qualified or not. I refer to it as a "hung jury diagnosis" jokingly.

b) Which types are you currently considering? Why are you considering them and why haven't you decided on one?

For MBTI, I feel reasonably certain that I'm an ENFP. However, it is very possible that I could be an INFP. I think Ne is my dominant function since it's been a huge influence in my life since I can remember and it's very much my go-to first process. I live in a word of abstract ideas and possibilities and my mind is always moving extremely fast.

For Enneagram, I see myself as a 6w7. However, I have had plenty of doubts about this. Right now, I think my tritype is 6w7 9w1 4w5/4w3.

2) What do you deem as your purpose in life?

My purpose in life is to try to make the world a better place. I try to leave it vague to keep my possibilities and options open. I hate being constrained to a certain way. So, I live my life with the knowledge that I will allow myself to radically change directions if need be. Although, I don't see the need for that right now as I'm content.

3) Of the seven deadly sins, which one(s) do you relate to the most and the least and why?

Envy>Pride>Wrath=Sloth>Gluttony=Greed>Lust

1. Envy- This is a reoccurring theme in my life. I'm envious of others opportunities to do "exciting" and/or "important" things. I also envy the familial relationships of other people who have close bonds with a wider assortment of family than I do. I think this draws itself from the fact that I am considerably isolated from people related to me, with 2 major exceptions being my parents.
  2. Pride- I feel that I can be too prideful as indignant at times. So, I try very had to be humble.
  3. Wrath and sloth- these are equal in that I usually don't have problems with them, but I occasionally am extremely angry or lazy in outbursts
  4. Gluttony=Greed- Don't really identify with them. Although, if we take them metaphorically I could be gluttonous or greedy for new information and learning. But then again, I like to share knowledge so maybe not greedy.
  5. Lust- My experience as an asexual woman who demonstrates complete apathy towards sex and for a long time could only rationalize it in scientific terms has essentially made lust something I just do not relate to. I've done enough reading that I think I understand the concept, but this is not a base level experience of mine.

4) Analyzing your relationships with others, briefly describe:
a) The type of people you are drawn to

I'm drawn to people who are sincerely interested in getting to know me. I also am drawn towards people who are interested in similar things.

b) The type of people who are drawn to you

Feelers. I don't know why, but an overwhelming majority of the people I've let into my inner circle have been feelers. I think this is a more "drawn to me" sort of issue because I do not really have a preference—certainly not a conscious one at least.

I also tend to draw in people on the fringes that are seen as "eccentric" or "weird."

c) The type of people you are repulsed by

Bullies, people who justify cruelty and abuse, abusers, and people who refuse to at least listen to others' ideas.

5)What are the traits in others that you admire but you cannot emulate yourself? Elaborate.

Leadership. I always want to be more of a leader, but people typically don't want me to or leave any opportunities to take the reins. I'm not aggressive so I don't want to force my way to leadership.

6) Describe your relationship with the following:
a) Anger

I am typically not an angry person. I'm rather easy going and there isn't too much that actually angers me. I tend to have fairly thick skin and brush things off easier than most.

I often feel frustration though with myself and others. Annoyance too. It just depends.

What angers me is injustice—- whether real or perceived. People treating those I love cruelly is probably easiest way to truly anger me. When I get angry, it's like something snaps. I am never violent, but I scream and essentially attempt to tear the person down with words (my observations and cold, hard facts and logic about why they should not act a certain way) if I don't reign myself in. I usually immediately regret it unless I get righteously indignant.

I'm very upbeat and friendly, so the times when I snap actively worry and scare people since it's like a total 180.

If you get me at my angriest, I cry tears of pure rage. But only 2 people have ever successfully done that.

I usually feel like I lack the time and energy to truly be angry.

b) Shame

I am easily embarrassed, but I think that's different than outright shame.

I am the person I am and I'm not about to be ashamed of the person I fundamentally am. I'll feel guilty when I screw up, but I'm unashamed of my fundamental nature.

c) Fear

I fear losing the support and guidance of my loved ones. I also fear never amounting to anything for doing anything important with my life. As far as tangible things go, I fear bees and similar insects and falling (not heights, just the act of falling).

I also have major fear of missing out and it's easy for me to shovel too much on my plate. I've had to work on how to sort through everything that I think looks fun, interesting, and cool (which is a lot) to find what is most important to me and what would overwhelm me.

I can be a very outwardly nervous and anxious person. I'm constantly on the lookout for my safety and stability as well as that of those around me.

d) Love/passion

There are many different kinds of love, and all of them are valid and wonderful.

I enjoy being around people who clearly love what they are doing and/or are passionate about some sort of idea. The energy these people bring is amazing from my perspective.

I love to explore ideas and concepts. But I also love to cheer people up and brighten their day. My friends have referred to me as a "ray of sunshine". I have a lot more complexity than that, but this is essentially an extension of my passion for making the world a better place.

e) Conflict

I don't like conflict, and in most cases, I see it as unnecessary. However, I know it is inevitable and I take the mindset that I'll deal with it when it arises.

I also have pacifist leanings. I'm not a complete pacifist, but I don't see violence as justified in a majority of cases and see it as a last resort when it is.

When conflict arises, my gut self-defense motivation is to either change the topic completely or alter it in a way that I can gain the upper ground and mediate some type of common agreement. If this won't work, my brain tends to panic. And I physically display this as well.

7) What are some of the themes that have played a prominent role in your life (ie. A struggle you've been unable to conquer, ect)?

The rejection of my extended family, anxiety, lack of fitting in with my peers, having difficulties focusing on reality and not letting my mind drift as an escape route, learning to be more assertive, developing self-confidence (I have nearly crippling self-doubt), and coming to terms with things that I cannot change or make better directly.

8) Answer only one of the following:
a) [College aged and above] What is your area of work/study? Why did you choose this and would you change it? If so, what would be your ideal?

My area of study is history. If I have the chance to pursue history as a career, I hope to mainly study social disability history. I chose history on a whim because I'm good at it, it doesn't lock me into a specified career, and I just generally love stories. I also am passionate about the rights of the mentally and physically disadvantaged. I considered going into special education, but couldn't do it due to the system. It's hard to explain, but I just couldn't enter that kind of environment and devote the most attention and beat work to the students

9) When meeting a new person, what do you tend to focus on?

I tend to focus on their interests and abilities. I try to see what is different and unique about everyone. And I love finding what makes people tick. I try to find a positive quality, though I usually come away from first meetings with a neutral feeling towards the person.

I also love finding what makes people passionate. I love the excitement and passion that seems to light a person up when they talk about it. I've listened to people talk at length about this that didn't really interest me just because I loved how enthusiastic they were. It was almost contagious.

10) How do you feel about humanity as a whole? What do you feel are some of the biggest problems the human race faces and why?

I sometimes feel that I like the concept of humans more than actual humans. But overall, most people are okay. I tend to thank of people neutrally it slightly positively until they prove I should see them as otherwise. I think most people are just trying to go about their day like everyone else. In the end, I have neither the time nor he energy to be overtly negative towards humanity—it's just not the way I naturally am.

I think people are both bad and good inside. Sometimes though the bad nearly consumes the good.

The biggest problems in my opinion are lack of nuance, hatred, polarization, extreme factionalism, and a general contempt and disrespect for others.

11) What are some of your hobbies and interests?

Reading, writing, history, animals (especially cats), learning about different cultures, languages, important pressing issues, the background behind events, etc.

I have so many interests it's often overwhelming. There are very few things I am not genuinely intrigued by. I'll even enjoy sports if the atmosphere is energetic and the people around me are excited and passionate about it.

13) How do you usually "hang out" with your friend(s)? When answering, think about what activities you tend to choose, whether you hang out with one person at once or many, whether or not you initiate the interaction.

I tend to interact better in groups. It's just easier for me. Unless I know the person well, it's hard for me to know exactly what to say in a one to one context.

I do tend to initiate one on one contacts. Group planning is just so confusing.... sometimes people will initiate it with me though, which makes me happy.

I often meet up with friends for meals. It's just a nice occasion to talk to people.

I do not engage in risky behavior such as binge drinking (I actually don't drink at all) or doing any type or drug while hanging out with friends. It just doesn't interest me and I am not about to jeopardize my personal safety and sit idly by while others do the same. I can't control what people to around me, but I feel that I have the duty to let them know if a behavior has become unhealthy.

I love having deep conversations about the world, life, and ideas. But I'll talk about pretty much anything, even stuff I'm not too knowledgeable about. In these cases, I see it as an opportunity to learn more and I'll admit that I don't know too much.

Also, I'm not a night owl at all. I go to bed early and wake up early. I also dislike bars, but that's mostly because i despise the smell of beer.

14) What is more important, actions or words? Why?

Actions. People can lie and deceive with words or at the very least be insincere. I appreciate both, but I see actions as more concrete tangible proof. Plus, some people have trouble expressing how much they care through words, but their actions really show it.

15) Oh dear, you've been cursed by a witch! It's ok though, you get a choice on which curse you will receive. Will you choose….
a) To never be able to experience the sensation of taste
b) To be immortal
c) To lose your memories
d) To be poor for the rest of your life
e) Or to never experience passion
Elaborate on why!

I would pick a. It wouldn't be fun, but I think the others are much worse. This wouldn't be that bad of a curse, more of a minor nuisance if anything.

16) What do you hope to avoid being? If it helps, describe a person who embodies what you avoid/you as a villain, ect.

I do not want to be cruel or to hurt people. I am always very worried about this. And I tend to apologize so much that it makes the situation worse than it already had been.

17) How do you relate to obsession? Do you tend to "merge" with others or your interests? How do you feel about the idea of doing this?

The idea of merging just sort of seems dangerous to me. Maybe I understand it wrong, but I can see combining my energy with another as a prime opportunity for getting hurt.

I do connect with others though, but not really "merge." Doing so feels like I'm giving up my autonomy and independence.

I do have my fair share of obsessions though. I have had a lifelong love of stories. However, I tend to get stuck on watching the same shows and movies and reading the same books over and over again because I love them. It's like returning home when I can return to a beloved story. A friend the other day asked me if I wanted to find new stories. The answer is, absolutely yes, but I have an emotional attachment to certain ones. I suppose it's the same way as someone might treasure a beloved childhood toy (this is much of the reason why I still have and love my stuffed animals) or a family heirloom that belonged to a deceased relative.

My favorite kinds of stories are mystery. When I read a good mystery novel, my favorite thing to do is automatically reread it and connect all of the clues and hints the author left along the way. It's exhilarating to find these things such as phrases that take on a new light once you know the whole story.

I also am drawn to history as I see it as the story of the world.

18) Organized or messy? Plans and blueprints or impulse and surprises? What are you preferences and tendencies?

I'm a bit of both. My thought process is very free form and flowing, I bounce between concepts and ideas-often in a way that others find hard to comprehend. So, there is a disorganization to how I think. I also value freedom to change plans if need be and to discover new avenues.

However, I tend to be relatively neat and I have a need for some structure. I think this is due to my mom who is that way and has been a very influential figure in my life. So, while it's not my natural inclination, I often remained very planned and organized. I keep track of things in life by creating extensive to do lists for example.

Overall, I value flexibility.

19) How do you subjectively view comfort and how do you create comfort in your life and surroundings?

I associate comfort most with warm and soft things—blankets, pillows, stuffed animals, my bed.

However, things I find comforting include reading, my favorite fictional stories, my closest friends and parents, pets, and listening to raindrops on the food.

I think of comfort as things that are calming. Sleep falls under this category too.

Comfort also arrives in the form of positive feedback and reassurance and support. I also am comforted and feel better about myself after getting out in the world and going after ideas and concepts. So, it doesn't have to be alone time to be comforting (my rather solitary hobbies tend to make it so). I feel very comforted by the ability to be outwardly engaged in the world and contribute to it. And even when I'm alone, I often take this mindset and direction focus.