12311 Last

BeExcellent to EachOther Luminous's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    496 sx/sp

Default Shine a light on my type

1) Context:
    a) What is your age range and general location (Country so that cultural values can be taken into account)? Do you have any impairments that may affect the way that you answer this questionnaire? Any religious or political beliefs (or anything else along those lines) that also might have an effect?

30s, USA, anxiety / OCD

I'm an agnostic atheist.

b) Which types are you currently considering? Why are you considering them and why haven’t you decided on one?

INFP 947 sx/sp

I am unsure about my tritype because I think I could possibly have a 5, 6, or 7 in there. I can be obsessive in the quest for certain kinds of knowledge. I like to question, doubt, be wary. And I find myself, throughout my life, having the thought... Things will be better when ___ happens.

I suppose there could be a 2 instead of a 4, but I identity with some 4 characteristics like having been half in love with depression and not being willing to sacrifice what and who I am for love.

But if there are suggestions on MBTI, instinctual variants, Socionics,etc. I'd be happy to hear them!

2) What do you deem as your purpose in life?

My self-given purpose in life is to try to do no harm, and to make the lives of the people I care about better.

3) Of the seven deadly sins, which one(s) do you relate to the most and the least and why?

Most: Gluttony or Lust, I suppose, because I like pleasure and sometimes have very strong appetites. Possibly Sloth because I rarely get bored: I can be quite happy not doing very much.

Least: Pride because, though I like myself, I don't like to rub the ways I'm better or luckier than others in their faces. I don't feel I'm more deserving of basic things like love or happiness than others.

4) Analyzing your relationships with others, briefly describe:
    a) The type of people you are drawn to

Smart, witty, kind, sweet, thoughtful, interesting, well read, insightful, brave, honest, passionate, deep feeling, caring, patient, funny, insightful.

And looking back, I can see that I am drawn to people who may need help or who have experienced something unfair because the hurt and unfairness bother me and I want to fix them.

b) The type of people who are drawn to you

Heh. I don't know. Looking at my friend group, one of my close friends is a likely INFJ who is kind and sweet, thoughtful and smart. Largely it's people who are not superficial. And who are not stuck up, people who appreciate a goofy sense of humor.

c) The type of people you are repulsed by

Mean, rude, purposely hurtful, needlessly judgmental, unfeeling, unkind.

5)What are the traits in others that you admire but you cannot emulate yourself? Elaborate.

Making traction advancing their life plans. Not getting off track due to emotional/mental illness, not struggling for contentment in all important aspects of life.

6) Describe your relationship with the following:
    a) Anger

I mostly feel this when there is injustice, or when I have personally been insulted in some way. It usually either doesn't come out, or comes out as ranting at home (particularly if there is nothing I can do about whatever it is) or passive aggressiveness. I try to be better about the passive aggressive tendency, by trying to stay calm and communicate in a more healthy non accusatory way, such as when in a disagreement with someone close to me.

b) Shame

My shame revolves around my experiences of romantic love and sex. Also in not having the work I've put into getting better regarding anxiety/OCD recognized.

c) Fear

I am afraid of being unloved, alone, not in control of my own surroundings or life or mind or body -dementia/severe mental illness. I have had panic attacks /severe anxiety.

d) Love/passion

What I want more than anything.

e) Conflict

Generally I don't like it. If it's mature and constructive, good. If it's childish, with a lack of understanding, and purposely hurtful, no. I sometimes want to interject and stop conflict that I'm not part of if I can see that misunderstandings between the parties involved have somehow led to/furthered the conflict.

7) What are some of the themes that have played a prominent role in your life (ie. A struggle you’ve been unable to conquer, ect)?

Love/not feeling good enough/not feeling loved. Difficulty navigating around obstacles that have interrupted life plans.

8) Answer only one of the following:
    a) [College aged and above] What is your area of work/study? Why did you choose this and would you change it? If so, what would be your ideal?

I have a interdisciplinary degree with a focus on English, psychology, and math. I chose this because I wanted to stay at the college I had started attending, and planned on going to grad school. If I could change things, I would go to grad school for English or psychology.

9) When meeting a new person, what do you tend to focus on?

How pleasant they are, what their emotions are, and if I'm not just observing, reciprocating whatever kindness they put my way, being friendly. Make conversation based on what I know about them, shared interests, jokes.

10) How do you feel about humanity as a whole? What do you feel are some of the biggest problems the human race faces and why?

As a whole, meh. On an individual level, I love some of them. We're animals at a basic level. But we can try to be better in some ways. Not all of us do, though.

Biggest problems? Our pride, shortsightedness, and thirst for revenge.

11) What are some of your hobbies and interests?

Making things with yarn, photography, working out/dance, listening to music, personality theory (duh), reading about assorted interesting topics online and going down different internet rabbit holes.

13) How do you usually “hang out” with your friend(s)? When answering, think about what activities you tend to choose, whether you hang out with one person at once or many, whether or not you initiate the interaction.

Lately I haven't had much opportunity to hang out with friends in person. For several years after I moved away from many of them, we Skyped once a week for several hours, and it would generally be a group of 3-5 people, though sometimes 2 and sometimes 9. Before moving, it was a gathering once a week in person with those same people. Once a month we would have a themed pot luck, which was a blast, and sometimes do things like have an unwanted gift exchange or a party themed around a movie. I tended to be the organizer of the group. Without me, I think it would have fallen apart long before it did (which was due to other people moving, a needed change in location, and the death of one of my friends.)

14) What is more important, actions or words? Why?

Actions, because if there is a discrepancy, it's the actions that will reflect the truth.

15) Oh dear, you’ve been cursed by a witch! It’s ok though, you get a choice on which curse you will receive. Will you choose….
    a) To never be able to experience the sensation of taste
    b) To be immortal
    c) To lose your memories
    d) To be poor for the rest of your life
    e) Or to never experience passion
    Elaborate on why!

a. I wouldn't be happy about this, in fact I would hate it, but all the others are worse punishments.
    Living forever, having everyone I love die? Over and over and over and over? And the possibility of being in pain for eternity... NO!
    I wouldn't be myself without my memories.
    How poor are we talking? I'm experienced enough to know that I don't want to have food/shelter be on my mind 24/7.
    No passion? What would be the point of life?

16) What do you hope to avoid being? If it helps, describe a person who embodies what you avoid/you as a villain, ect.

Mean, vengeful, spiteful, hypocritical, dumb, unlovable, worthless, alone, unhappy, unfulfilled.

17) How do you relate to obsession? Do you tend to "merge" with others or your interests? How do you feel about the idea of doing this?

I tend to merge in a limerence sort of way, with romantic interests. I think I can sometimes merge with characters in fiction, or in artistic photography that I make. It's addicting, mesmerizing, wonderful, and horrible all at the same time.

But I also have OCD ... which is not wonderful at all. In any way.

18) Organized or messy? Plans and blueprints or impulse and surprises? What are you preferences and tendencies?

An organized mess. I know where things are, even if they don't look organized to the outsider. I don't have enough furniture for things to be neatly arranged. Yes, I plan on fixing that. When? I have no idea.

Plans, if it's something that stresses me out, plans are the way I can try to retain some control and lessen my anxiety.

If it's a small thing, like what's for dinner? Impulse and surprise are fine.

19) How do you subjectively view comfort and how do you create comfort in your life and surroundings?

Comfort is safety, security, freedom from harm, freedom from having control of the environment taken away. And at the same time, being able to feel so safe that I can relinquish control. Being able to trust someone's intentions. Being able to trust myself to handle whatever arises.

It's not having to worry about making the rent or paying other bills. It's having heat and air conditioning. It's having a comfortable bed to curl up in.
    ƒ O ᖇ G E ᗪ I ᑎ ƒ I ᖇ E ✰
    ∂ιѕgяα¢є∂ ¢σѕмσηαυт
    ⊱4✶S✶9✶X✶6⊰
    h n g g h t

Give me a fourth dot. The Tsarevich's Avatar
    MBTI
    NeTi
    Enneagram
    478 sx/sp
    Socionics
    :-( None

I only gave this a cursory glance. It sounds like your head-fix is the main question here--and I can't really ascertain that from a questionnaire.

Instead, let me tell you about my own head-fix.

When I first got into tritype, I assumed I would be 458, which were the only types I identified with based on Riso and Hudson's Wisdom. I read the 458 tritype description and was like, Nah. But 468 sounded a lot like me. So I typed that way.

Then these "(tri)types I could identify with" led to numerous people swearing that I must be a core 6, and because I was naïve, I actually did type that way for about 18 months, despite the fact that I couldn't identify with core 6 lol. So ultimately I stopped typing that way, but had so thoroughly brainwashed myself into being 6ish that I continued to assume it must be my head-fix.

The problem was that after intensive enneagram studies and several years of interpreting my every move according to the paradigm and revealing all these fresh new insights...I was having trouble seeing how 6 actually applied to me. I just wasn't uncovering any evidence of it. And I kept having a sneaking suspicion it was a 7.

I just didn't know what I was supposed to be looking for. Typically online commenters say stuff like "look at how you handle anxiety", which isn't necessarily all that helpful, or all that clear cut. Or else they'll make it about personality--6-fixers are anxious, 7-fixers are positive, and 5-fixers are introverted. And that can play a role, obviously, but more important are the mechanics as to how the fixes work.

Anyway, it got so frustrating that about a year ago, I paid for a session with Katherine Fauvre, and she actually thought I was 5-fixed. I asked her why she thought it couldn't be 7, and she said that the 7-fix is defined by one idea after the next. And I wasn't showing that during the interview lol.

But, later on, it became apparent that that's exactly what my brain does. I usually have to be pushed into it, and I either start getting a series of increasingly fantastic ideas about what I "could" do with my future, or else I just become frenetic in seeking one means of escape after the next. It's not necessarily in a cerebral Ne-way, but something that arises more deeply out of me.

To reiterate the head-fixes:
    - 5-fix retreats inward to gather more information
    - 6-fix checks in with others. This can be like asking someone, Hey do you think...? or simply something internal like, "What would dad say about this?"
    - 7-fix gets a series of ideas--positivity or escape (panic)

It won't necessarily happen at a base level, but when that center of intelligence is engaged, you'll see it arising naturally. You may need to wait for some crisis to really catch it in action.

Anyway, I hope that's helpful. I feel like I don't know you well enough to comment, and have no opinion on your head-fix yet. But that ultimately helped me figure out mine.
    *Need enneagram questionnaire?
    http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...ml#post2218641
    Likes Luminous, Stell liked this post

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sp

I guess giving up taste would fix the gluttony.

Anyway, I've never seen anything that made me doubt INFP. 947 *seems* the most likely to me. You don't strike me as being hyper withdrawn like 459.
    1w2-6w5-3w2 so/sp

"I took one those personality tests. It came back negative." - Dan Mintz
    Likes Luminous liked this post

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    496 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by The Tsarevich View Post
    But, later on, it became apparent that that's exactly what my brain does. I usually have to be pushed into it, and I either start getting a series of increasingly fantastic ideas about what I "could" do with my future, or else I just become frenetic in seeking one means of escape after the next. It's not necessarily in a cerebral Ne-way, but something that arises more deeply out of me.

To reiterate the head-fixes:
    - 5-fix retreats inward to gather more information
    - 6-fix checks in with others. This can be like asking someone, Hey do you think...? or simply something internal like, "What would dad say about this?"
    - 7-fix gets a series of ideas--positivity or escape (panic)

It won't necessarily happen at a base level, but when that center of intelligence is engaged, you'll see it arising naturally. You may need to wait for some crisis to really catch it in action.

Anyway, I hope that's helpful. I feel like I don't know you well enough to comment, and have no opinion on your head-fix yet. But that ultimately helped me figure out mine.
    Thanks. I think part of what is making it difficult is that anxiety/OCD comes out during a crisis. And I do a lot of research about things that make me anxious so I have a plan in case something goes awry. But I also ask for reassurance. And I think that everything will be fine, the trigger won't happen, or I'll get what I want in the future when such and such thing happens.

Quote Originally Posted by SD45T-2 View Post
    I guess giving up taste would fix the gluttony.

Anyway, I've never seen anything that made me doubt INFP. 947 *seems* the most likely to me. You don't strike me as being hyper withdrawn like 459.
    Thanks. Yes, I guess that would solve the gluttony problem.
    ∂ιѕgяα¢є∂ ¢σѕмσηαυт
    ⊱4✶S✶9✶X✶6⊰
    h n g g h t
    Likes The Tsarevich, SD45T-2 liked this post

*cracks knuckles*

Okay...let me see here...

haha...no I think you’ve nailed it Lum.

the only thing I’d consider is the possibility that you’re a social dom (I mentioned Peacebaby to you before...she typed as so/sx...and the two of you seem to have the same watchful eye...almost like you’re looking out over the people if that makes any sense to you whatsoever....and the two of you seem(ed) to become vocal in the same way over the same type of injustices or perceived injustices.)

You have a couple of things in your line-up that tend to mimic sexual dominance for the person when that’s actually not the case...namely 9s desire to merge and 4...just 4 in general.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    496 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Starry View Post
    *cracks knuckles*

Okay...let me see here...

haha...no I think you’ve nailed it Lum.

the only thing I’d consider is the possibility that you’re a social dom (I mentioned Peacebaby to you before...she typed as so/sx...and the two of you seem to have the same watchful eye...almost like you’re looking out over the people if that makes any sense to you whatsoever....and the two of you seem(ed) to become vocal in the same way over the same type of injustices or perceived injustices.)

You have a couple of things in your line-up that tend to mimic sexual dominance for the person when that’s actually not the case...namely 9s desire to merge and 4...just 4 in general.
    Cool, thanks, Starry! I'll think about/research that instinctual variant.
    ∂ιѕgяα¢є∂ ¢σѕмσηαυт
    ⊱4✶S✶9✶X✶6⊰
    h n g g h t
    Likes Starry liked this post

I think you've typed yourself accurately already.

Likes JAVO, Luminous liked this post

I would have thought INFJ (I have mentioned this before) because some things were stereotypically Fe, but you are obviously Fi + Pe.

I notice that Je would have 'pre-thought' out certain things, and ironically can seem to think more on the fly in a way, if they had prepared beforehand. But over time, they gather up things to form a 'standardized approach', which I do not / have not seen you have; you do things slower but at the same time, you maintain authenticity towards yourself, something you value anyway (and is why you even do things the way you do).

You repeatedly stall (lol im remembering mafia) to consider things, and your considerations / decisions are not Je, but Ji, very reflective, you reflect into yourself to decide what is the right thing to do.

I would lean to INFP rather than ISFP because I don't see that 'fixed focus' ISFP can sometimes have, rather you look like a radar constantly surveying things when it comes to looking towards the future. Contemplative, you consider possibilities that has never happened, something I see common with Ns in general.

INFP 9w1, 4w5, 7w8, more principled and structured than I have seen from most / stereotypical INFPs, sp/sx due to a focus on comfort/security first over sx connections.
    全世界共通の快楽

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    496 sx/sp

In considering the instinctual variants: (what applies to me is bolded)

From How The System Works — The Enneagram Institute

From Project Evolove - Myers Briggs dating

More to come...
    ∂ιѕgяα¢є∂ ¢σѕмσηαυт
    ⊱4✶S✶9✶X✶6⊰
    h n g g h t
    Likes Earl Grey liked this post