User Tag List

123 Last

Results 1 to 10 of 32

Thread: My type?

  1. #1
    Fe this! Z Buck McFate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Posts
    4,335

    Default My type?

    I've not started one of these threads in all the time I've been here, but I am curious about whether anyone ever disagrees with my type (INFJ, 5w4 - possibly 5w6, sx/sp).

    So I'm starting this thread. And putting a link in my signature.
    Reality is a collective hunch. -Lily Tomlin

    INFJ 5w4 sx/sp Johari / Nohari -or- disagree with my type?

  2. #2
    Always Intentional
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    6,084

    Default

    I do not disagree with INFJ 5w4 or sx/sp

    I may disagree with your tritype though. I think you decided on 549...when I lean 548 (actually I'm convinced but this is merely my *brilliant* opinion). I know The Scholar has a reputation of being a bit punchy...but this is moreso when 4 or 8 is leading. When 5 is in charge...now The Scholar is recognizable as...well, like the common understanding of a scholar.

    This is a super rare tritype....which does house some INFJs...like I'm thinking of Trent Reznor. But we're mostly dealing here with NTJs...like Nietzsche. The Contemplative...459...that's more INTP <-And more than any other tritype...these guys feel...well pretty damn uncomfortable with any form of conflict/confrontation. More than any other tritype they report feeling compelled to keep their mouths shut (bite their tongues) and conform and that's about the last thing I see in you.


    whoops @Z Buck McFate
    Likes senza tema liked this post

  3. #3
    nunc rosa cras fex senza tema's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    2,414

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Starry View Post
    I do not disagree with INFJ 5w4 or sx/sp

    I may disagree with your tritype though. I think you decided on 549...when I lean 548 (actually I'm convinced but this is merely my *brilliant* opinion). I know The Scholar has a reputation of being a bit punchy...but this is moreso when 4 or 8 is leading. When 5 is in charge...now The Scholar is recognizable as...well, like the common understanding of a scholar.

    This is a super rare tritype....which does house some INFJs...like I'm thinking of Trent Reznor. But we're mostly dealing here with NTJs...like Nietzsche. The Contemplative...459...that's more INTP <-And more than any other tritype...these guys feel...well pretty damn uncomfortable with any form of conflict/confrontation. More than any other tritype they report feeling compelled to keep their mouths shut (bite their tongues) and conform and that's about the last thing I see in you.


    whoops @Z Buck McFate
    Why 8 and not 1?
    "Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect"
    - 1 Peter 3:15
    Likes Starry liked this post

  4. #4
    Always Intentional
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    6,084

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by senza tema View Post
    Why 8 and not 1?
    Juice was a NFJ Scholar with 8 in charge (I saw your posts in the MIA...by far one of the greatest losses TypoC has experienced).


    Z Buck is vocal and won’t hesitate to confront...but she’s entirely open. She doesn’t hold fast to a set of preconceived notions of right and wrong or certain hoops that need to be jumped or rituals that should be preformed. 8 is very misunderstood in this way. 8s are super open...I think it’s just their force that often gives them the appearance that they are not.
    Likes Peter Deadpan liked this post

  5. #5
    nunc rosa cras fex senza tema's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    2,414

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Starry View Post
    Juice was a NFJ Scholar with 8 in charge (I saw your posts in the MIA...by far one of the greatest losses TypoC has experienced).


    Z Buck is vocal and won’t hesitate to confront...but she’s entirely open. She doesn’t hold fast to a set of preconceived notions of right and wrong or certain hoops that need to be jumped or rituals that should be preformed. 8 is very misunderstood in this way. 8s are super open...I think it’s just their force that often gives them the appearance that they are not.
    Oh that's super true. Thanks.
    "Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect"
    - 1 Peter 3:15

  6. #6
    Fe this! Z Buck McFate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Posts
    4,335

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Starry View Post
    I do not disagree with INFJ 5w4 or sx/sp

    I may disagree with your tritype though. I think you decided on 549...when I lean 548 (actually I'm convinced but this is merely my *brilliant* opinion). I know The Scholar has a reputation of being a bit punchy...but this is moreso when 4 or 8 is leading. When 5 is in charge...now The Scholar is recognizable as...well, like the common understanding of a scholar.

    This is a super rare tritype....which does house some INFJs...like I'm thinking of Trent Reznor. But we're mostly dealing here with NTJs...like Nietzsche. The Contemplative...459...that's more INTP <-And more than any other tritype...these guys feel...well pretty damn uncomfortable with any form of conflict/confrontation. More than any other tritype they report feeling compelled to keep their mouths shut (bite their tongues) and conform and that's about the last thing I see in you.


    whoops @Z Buck McFate
    Thanks! I doubted anyone would bite. I seem to fit so squarely into all the boxes that it's weird.

    I don't really have a tri-type that I identify with (and I guess I'm still on the fence about tri-type being a bona fide thing). I asked a while ago in my blog for opinions because I have such a difficult time choosing one of the anger boxes to fit into - I was curious to find out how it looked from the outside. 9s infuriate me too much to be one. (Peacemakers? more like peace-needers. peace-neeeeeee-e-eeders. My frustration with it is because I have three e9s in my family.) And while I don't relate to e8 descriptions, I really don't see e1 as a better fit either. I think I was mostly e9 (of the anger types) when I was younger, but somewhere in my mid-thirties a whole lot of piss & vinegar kicked in.

    That's actually one of the reasons I doubt tri-type. I can consistently see e5's influence going back as far as I can remember - but e8ish qualities only kicked in later on. Has Fauvre (it's her system) ever said anything about tri-type changing during the course of one's life? (I don't actually give her a whole lot of credit in general, tbh. She's written/said things that seem contradictory to me).

    I have said in the past that I just can't see INFJs being e8 or even having it in their tri-type. I've reversed that opinion on tri-type (in large part because I don't buy the validity of tri-types), and I had more or less resolved that *if* tri-type is legit then I'm probably an e8. (Regardless of how much I feel an aversion to any type description that includes "rare").

    So thanks. Interesting.
    Reality is a collective hunch. -Lily Tomlin

    INFJ 5w4 sx/sp Johari / Nohari -or- disagree with my type?

  7. #7
    Always Intentional
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    6,084

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Z Buck McFate View Post
    Thanks! I doubted anyone would bite. I seem to fit so squarely into all the boxes that it's weird.

    I don't really have a tri-type that I identify with (and I guess I'm still on the fence about tri-type being a bona fide thing). I asked a while ago in my blog for opinions because I have such a difficult time choosing one of the anger boxes to fit into - I was curious to find out how it looked from the outside. 9s infuriate me too much to be one. (Peacemakers? more like peace-needers. peace-neeeeeee-e-eeders. My frustration with it is because I have three e9s in my family.) And while I don't relate to e8 descriptions, I really don't see e1 as a better fit either. I think I was mostly e9 (of the anger types) when I was younger, but somewhere in my mid-thirties a whole lot of piss & vinegar kicked in.

    That's actually one of the reasons I doubt tri-type. I can consistently see e5's influence going back as far as I can remember - but e8ish qualities only kicked in later on. Has Fauvre (it's her system) ever said anything about tri-type changing during the course of one's life? (I don't actually give her a whole lot of credit in general, tbh. She's written/said things that seem contradictory to me).

    I have said in the past that I just can't see INFJs being e8 or even having it in their tri-type. I've reversed that opinion on tri-type (in large part because I don't buy the validity of tri-types), and I had more or less resolved that *if* tri-type is legit then I'm probably an e8. (Regardless of how much I feel an aversion to any type description that includes "rare").

    So thanks. Interesting.


    *lights up a pipe*






    Fauvre hasn't said anything about tritype changing but...




    I should quickly say that while Fauvre created tritype... fixes have been around since...I believe ancient times. IOW...there has always been or there has been for quite some time an understanding that we have a core type and 2 fixes. So for us we are a core Head type...and have a Heart fix and Gut fix. All that Fauvre's did was through her/their observation and research...was to conclude that these 3 together actually constitute a type. Basically...I'm a Messenger and subsequently share defining characteristics with all Messengers regardless of core vs fix vs instinct. And then she named them...actually I'm a Messenger because that's the name Fauvre's gave me. <-But without her I could still claim to be influenced by 4 and 8...and I very much am.

    These things don't change. I would say you were an 8 fix for as long as you were a 5 core. But these things can lay dormant. For example, wings don't have much of an influence until late teens - early adulthood. But they can also be denied for various reasons. Young, female NF Idealist?...no. Hell, even young male Idealists... 8 doesn't fit into any of it. For a good number of the more charming among us...8 is what happens when the Ideal has shattered.

    Likewise, with 8 being your point of intergration you may have been more likely to deny it as well (imo...I see nothing 9ish or 1ish in you)

  8. #8
    Fe this! Z Buck McFate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Posts
    4,335

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Starry View Post

    I should quickly say that while Fauvre created tritype... fixes have been around since...I believe ancient times. IOW...there has always been or there has been for quite some time an understanding that we have a core type and 2 fixes. So for us we are a core Head type...and have a Heart fix and Gut fix. All that Fauvre's did was through her/their observation and research...was to conclude that these 3 together actually constitute a type. Basically...I'm a Messenger and subsequently share defining characteristics with all Messengers regardless of core vs fix vs instinct. And then she named them...actually I'm a Messenger because that's the name Fauvre's gave me. <-But without her I could still claim to be influenced by 4 and 8...and I very much am.
    This is interesting, I'll have to pay attention for more about this next time I'm in an Enneagram stuff reading kind of mood.

    These things don't change. I would say you were an 8 fix for as long as you were a 5 core. But these things can lay dormant. For example, wings don't have much of an influence until late teens - early adulthood. But they can also be denied for various reasons. Young, female NF Idealist?...no. Hell, even young male Idealists... 8 doesn't fit into any of it. For a good number of the more charming among us...8 is what happens when the Ideal has shattered.

    Likewise, with 8 being your point of intergration you may have been more likely to deny it as well (imo...I see nothing 9ish or 1ish in you)
    But aren't all the Enneagram types dormant in us (I mean, besides the ones we directly perceive, which obvs aren't dormant)? Supposedly, if we look hard enough, we'll find all of them. It seems to me like the ones that don't fit us don't fit us because they are the dormant ones.

    My issue with e8 is that - for as long as I can remember - I can't think of anything that disgusts me about human behavior more than 'unhealthy' e8 stuff. It's always felt totally menacing and foreign to me. Both e8 and e3 are systematically the lowest ranked enneatypes when I take a test. I can't relate to either of them.

    I think the helplessness of e5 is probably why I struggle to see any of the anger types in me. Anger used to get immediately internalized into a sort of "kill me now" residue that would fog up the glasses with which I perceived the world. It came to a head in my late 30s, which I imagine is the whole 'integration' process, but I'm pretty sure e9 - prior to age 35 - would have been a slam dunk.

    When I take Fauvre's test (with the pictures), I end up with 541. And a couple people in my blog (when I'd asked) suggested 541. Which surprised me, for some reason. 548 makes the most sense to me currently, but the anger thing is a real blind spot for me.
    Reality is a collective hunch. -Lily Tomlin

    INFJ 5w4 sx/sp Johari / Nohari -or- disagree with my type?

  9. #9
    Always Intentional
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    6,084

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Z Buck McFate View Post
    This is interesting, I'll have to pay attention for more about this next time I'm in an Enneagram stuff reading kind of mood.



    But aren't all the Enneagram types dormant in us (I mean, besides the ones we directly perceive, which obvs aren't dormant)? Supposedly, if we look hard enough, we'll find all of them. It seems to me like the ones that don't fit us don't fit us because they are the dormant ones.

    Um I just googled ‘dormant’ to double check my understanding of it haha! *smashes intellectual smoking pipe on the ground*

    If what you say above is how some theorists present the enneagram that is not the understanding I’ve come away with. Now, dormant...probably not the best word selection ever in the history of word selection...but I was trying to convey an image of something that’s always been with you...something that has influenced your character...your choices...it has an impact on your particular brand of 5...how 5 expresses through you...why you’ve made use of these coping strategies and not those...but that still sits in a bit of an inactive state because you don’t know how to wield it so you may ignore it...dislike it in others...admire it in others...wonder why it’s collecting dust in your room alongside a bunch of other junk you can’t seem to get rid of...idk.

    But it’s still guiding you.



    My issue with e8 is that - for as long as I can remember - I can't think of anything that disgusts me about human behavior more than 'unhealthy' e8 stuff. It's always felt totally menacing and foreign to me. Both e8 and e3 are systematically the lowest ranked enneatypes when I take a test. I can't relate to either of them.

    Yah...same with 5 and 1 for me (lowest scores)...which is not uncommon for stress and integration points...although 5 doesn't disgust me...more like "you've got to be fucking shitting me...you want me to sit with one thought for how long? Sorry pal...I've got a lot of ground to cover and time's ticking away" 1s make me clinically insane though... "I'm sorry was that not *good* enough for you? I'm a *bad* person because I missed hoop #251 on the obstacle course you just made me run for no logical reason?" (haha I like venting).

    I've always wanted to not-indepth-study people's experiences that have these interesting set-ups...like imo...your point of intergration is also a fix. Like how does that change things?



    I think the helplessness of e5 is probably why I struggle to see any of the anger types in me. Anger used to get immediately internalized into a sort of "kill me now" residue that would fog up the glasses with which I perceived the world. It came to a head in my late 30s, which I imagine is the whole 'integration' process, but I'm pretty sure e9 - prior to age 35 - would have been a slam dunk.

    When I take Fauvre's test (with the pictures), I end up with 541. And a couple people in my blog (when I'd asked) suggested 541. Which surprised me, for some reason. 548 makes the most sense to me currently, but the anger thing is a real blind spot for me.

    Yah that does seem like the gist of intergration... do this completely opposite thing from what you always do and experience *balance and inner peace* (I'm still seeking the intergration how to guide ).

    Anyway, maybe e9 when you were young but we may have a different understanding of e9. And yah...541. I'd like to take that test myself if you have a link...but I think you are just getting 1 because 8 will score low for you in spite of its influence (imo).

  10. #10
    nunc rosa cras fex senza tema's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    2,414

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Starry View Post
    Um I just googled ‘dormant’ to double check my understanding of it haha! *smashes intellectual smoking pipe on the ground*

    If what you say above is how some theorists present the enneagram that is not the understanding I’ve come away with. Now, dormant...probably not the best word selection ever in the history of word selection...but I was trying to convey an image of something that’s always been with you...something that has influenced your character...your choices...it has an impact on your particular brand of 5...how 5 expresses through you...why you’ve made use of these coping strategies and not those...but that still sits in a bit of an inactive state because you don’t know how to wield it so you may ignore it...dislike it in others...admire it in others...wonder why it’s collecting dust in your room alongside a bunch of other junk you can’t seem to get rid of...idk.

    But it’s still guiding you.






    Yah...same with 5 and 1 for me (lowest scores)...which is not uncommon...although 5 doesn't disgust me...more like "you've got to be fucking shitting me...you want me to sit with one thought for how long? Sorry pal...I've got a lot of ground to cover and time's ticking away" 1s make me clinically insane though... "I'm sorry was that not *good* enough for you? I'm a *bad* person because I missed hoop #251 on the obstacle course you just made me run for no logical reason?" (haha I like venting).

    I've always wanted to not-indepth-study people's experiences that have these interesting set-ups...like imo...your point of intergration is also a fix. Like how does that change things?






    Yah that does seem like the gist of intergration... do this completely opposite thing from what you always do and experience *balance and inner peace* (I'm still seeking the intergration how to guide ).

    Anyway, maybe e9 when you were young but we may have a different understanding of e9. And yah...541. I'd like to take that test myself if you have a link...but I think you are just getting 1 because 8 will score low for you in spite of its influence (imo).
    The tritype test is on this page. You have to pay $10 for it.
    "Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect"
    - 1 Peter 3:15
    Likes Starry liked this post

Similar Threads

  1. Maybe I'm wrong about my type?
    By alicia91 in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 158
    Last Post: 02-20-2008, 06:35 AM
  2. Do You Doubt My Type?
    By FFF in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 02-12-2008, 12:30 AM
  3. Theory About My Type
    By Ezra in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-16-2007, 09:45 PM
  4. What's my type,
    By Tigerlily in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-09-2007, 02:26 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO