• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

My type?

Z Buck McFate

Pepperidge Farm remembers.
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I've not started one of these threads in all the time I've been here, but I am curious about whether anyone ever disagrees with my type (INFJ, 5w4 - possibly 5w6, sx/sp).

So I'm starting this thread. And putting a link in my signature.

Starry

I do not disagree with INFJ 5w4 or sx/sp

I may disagree with your tritype though. I think you decided on 549...when I lean 548 (actually I'm convinced but this is merely my *brilliant* opinion). I know The Scholar has a reputation of being a bit punchy...but this is moreso when 4 or 8 is leading. When 5 is in charge...now The Scholar is recognizable as...well, like the common understanding of a scholar.

This is a super rare tritype....which does house some INFJs...like I'm thinking of Trent Reznor. But we're mostly dealing here with NTJs...like Nietzsche. The Contemplative...459...that's more INTP <-And more than any other tritype...these guys feel...well pretty damn uncomfortable with any form of conflict/confrontation. More than any other tritype they report feeling compelled to keep their mouths shut (bite their tongues) and conform and that's about the last thing I see in you.

whoops [MENTION=7842]Z Buck McFate[/MENTION]

senza tema

nunc rosa cras fex
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

I may disagree with your tritype though. I think you decided on 549...when I lean 548 (actually I'm convinced but this is merely my *brilliant* opinion). I know The Scholar has a reputation of being a bit punchy...but this is moreso when 4 or 8 is leading. When 5 is in charge...now The Scholar is recognizable as...well, like the common understanding of a scholar.

This is a super rare tritype....which does house some INFJs...like I'm thinking of Trent Reznor. But we're mostly dealing here with NTJs...like Nietzsche. The Contemplative...459...that's more INTP <-And more than any other tritype...these guys feel...well pretty damn uncomfortable with any form of conflict/confrontation. More than any other tritype they report feeling compelled to keep their mouths shut (bite their tongues) and conform and that's about the last thing I see in you.

Why 8 and not 1? :wizfreak:

Starry

Why 8 and not 1? :wizfreak:

Juice was a NFJ Scholar with 8 in charge (I saw your posts in the MIA...by far one of the greatest losses TypoC has experienced).

Z Buck is vocal and won’t hesitate to confront...but she’s entirely open. She doesn’t hold fast to a set of preconceived notions of right and wrong or certain hoops that need to be jumped or rituals that should be preformed. 8 is very misunderstood in this way. 8s are super open...I think it’s just their force that often gives them the appearance that they are not.

senza tema

nunc rosa cras fex
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Juice was a NFJ Scholar with 8 in charge (I saw your posts in the MIA...by far one of the greatest losses TypoC has experienced).

Z Buck is vocal and won’t hesitate to confront...but she’s entirely open. She doesn’t hold fast to a set of preconceived notions of right and wrong or certain hoops that need to be jumped or rituals that should be preformed. 8 is very misunderstood in this way. 8s are super open...I think it’s just their force that often gives them the appearance that they are not.

Oh that's super true. Thanks.

Z Buck McFate

Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Thanks! I doubted anyone would bite. I seem to fit so squarely into all the boxes that it's weird.

I don't really have a tri-type that I identify with (and I guess I'm still on the fence about tri-type being a bona fide thing). I asked a while ago in my blog for opinions because I have such a difficult time choosing one of the anger boxes to fit into - I was curious to find out how it looked from the outside. 9s infuriate me too much to be one. (Peacemakers? more like peace-needers. peace-neeeeeee-e-eeders. My frustration with it is because I have three e9s in my family.) And while I don't relate to e8 descriptions, I really don't see e1 as a better fit either. I think I was mostly e9 (of the anger types) when I was younger, but somewhere in my mid-thirties a whole lot of piss & vinegar kicked in.

That's actually one of the reasons I doubt tri-type. I can consistently see e5's influence going back as far as I can remember - but e8ish qualities only kicked in later on. Has Fauvre (it's her system) ever said anything about tri-type changing during the course of one's life? (I don't actually give her a whole lot of credit in general, tbh. She's written/said things that seem contradictory to me).

I have said in the past that I just can't see INFJs being e8 or even having it in their tri-type. I've reversed that opinion on tri-type (in large part because I don't buy the validity of tri-types), and I had more or less resolved that *if* tri-type is legit then I'm probably an e8. (Regardless of how much I feel an aversion to any type description that includes "rare").

So thanks. Interesting.

Starry

Thanks! I doubted anyone would bite. I seem to fit so squarely into all the boxes that it's weird.

I don't really have a tri-type that I identify with (and I guess I'm still on the fence about tri-type being a bona fide thing). I asked a while ago in my blog for opinions because I have such a difficult time choosing one of the anger boxes to fit into - I was curious to find out how it looked from the outside. 9s infuriate me too much to be one. (Peacemakers? more like peace-needers. peace-neeeeeee-e-eeders. My frustration with it is because I have three e9s in my family.) And while I don't relate to e8 descriptions, I really don't see e1 as a better fit either. I think I was mostly e9 (of the anger types) when I was younger, but somewhere in my mid-thirties a whole lot of piss & vinegar kicked in.

That's actually one of the reasons I doubt tri-type. I can consistently see e5's influence going back as far as I can remember - but e8ish qualities only kicked in later on. Has Fauvre (it's her system) ever said anything about tri-type changing during the course of one's life? (I don't actually give her a whole lot of credit in general, tbh. She's written/said things that seem contradictory to me).

I have said in the past that I just can't see INFJs being e8 or even having it in their tri-type. I've reversed that opinion on tri-type (in large part because I don't buy the validity of tri-types), and I had more or less resolved that *if* tri-type is legit then I'm probably an e8. (Regardless of how much I feel an aversion to any type description that includes "rare").

So thanks. Interesting.

*lights up a pipe*

sherlock-holmes-pipe.jpg

Fauvre hasn't said anything about tritype changing but...

I should quickly say that while Fauvre created tritype... fixes have been around since...I believe ancient times. IOW...there has always been or there has been for quite some time an understanding that we have a core type and 2 fixes. So for us we are a core Head type...and have a Heart fix and Gut fix. All that Fauvre's did was through her/their observation and research...was to conclude that these 3 together actually constitute a type. Basically...I'm a Messenger and subsequently share defining characteristics with all Messengers regardless of core vs fix vs instinct. And then she named them...actually I'm a Messenger because that's the name Fauvre's gave me. <-But without her I could still claim to be influenced by 4 and 8...and I very much am.

These things don't change. I would say you were an 8 fix for as long as you were a 5 core. But these things can lay dormant. For example, wings don't have much of an influence until late teens - early adulthood. But they can also be denied for various reasons. Young, female NF Idealist?...no. Hell, even young male Idealists... 8 doesn't fit into any of it. For a good number of the more charming among us...8 is what happens when the Ideal has shattered.

Likewise, with 8 being your point of intergration you may have been more likely to deny it as well (imo...I see nothing 9ish or 1ish in you)

Z Buck McFate

Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I should quickly say that while Fauvre created tritype... fixes have been around since...I believe ancient times. IOW...there has always been or there has been for quite some time an understanding that we have a core type and 2 fixes. So for us we are a core Head type...and have a Heart fix and Gut fix. All that Fauvre's did was through her/their observation and research...was to conclude that these 3 together actually constitute a type. Basically...I'm a Messenger and subsequently share defining characteristics with all Messengers regardless of core vs fix vs instinct. And then she named them...actually I'm a Messenger because that's the name Fauvre's gave me. <-But without her I could still claim to be influenced by 4 and 8...and I very much am.

This is interesting, I'll have to pay attention for more about this next time I'm in an Enneagram stuff reading kind of mood.

These things don't change. I would say you were an 8 fix for as long as you were a 5 core. But these things can lay dormant. For example, wings don't have much of an influence until late teens - early adulthood. But they can also be denied for various reasons. Young, female NF Idealist?...no. Hell, even young male Idealists... 8 doesn't fit into any of it. For a good number of the more charming among us...8 is what happens when the Ideal has shattered.

Likewise, with 8 being your point of intergration you may have been more likely to deny it as well (imo...I see nothing 9ish or 1ish in you)

But aren't all the Enneagram types dormant in us (I mean, besides the ones we directly perceive, which obvs aren't dormant)? Supposedly, if we look hard enough, we'll find all of them. It seems to me like the ones that don't fit us don't fit us because they are the dormant ones.

My issue with e8 is that - for as long as I can remember - I can't think of anything that disgusts me about human behavior more than 'unhealthy' e8 stuff. It's always felt totally menacing and foreign to me. Both e8 and e3 are systematically the lowest ranked enneatypes when I take a test. I can't relate to either of them.

I think the helplessness of e5 is probably why I struggle to see any of the anger types in me. Anger used to get immediately internalized into a sort of "kill me now" residue that would fog up the glasses with which I perceived the world. It came to a head in my late 30s, which I imagine is the whole 'integration' process, but I'm pretty sure e9 - prior to age 35 - would have been a slam dunk.

When I take Fauvre's test (with the pictures), I end up with 541. :shrug: And a couple people in my blog (when I'd asked) suggested 541. Which surprised me, for some reason. 548 makes the most sense to me currently, but the anger thing is a real blind spot for me.

Starry

This is interesting, I'll have to pay attention for more about this next time I'm in an Enneagram stuff reading kind of mood.

But aren't all the Enneagram types dormant in us (I mean, besides the ones we directly perceive, which obvs aren't dormant)? Supposedly, if we look hard enough, we'll find all of them. It seems to me like the ones that don't fit us don't fit us because they are the dormant ones.

Um I just googled ‘dormant’ to double check my understanding of it haha! *smashes intellectual smoking pipe on the ground* :dry:

If what you say above is how some theorists present the enneagram that is not the understanding I’ve come away with. Now, dormant...probably not the best word selection ever in the history of word selection...but I was trying to convey an image of something that’s always been with you...something that has influenced your character...your choices...it has an impact on your particular brand of 5...how 5 expresses through you...why you’ve made use of these coping strategies and not those...but that still sits in a bit of an inactive state because you don’t know how to wield it so you may ignore it...dislike it in others...admire it in others...wonder why it’s collecting dust in your room alongside a bunch of other junk you can’t seem to get rid of...idk.

But it’s still guiding you.

My issue with e8 is that - for as long as I can remember - I can't think of anything that disgusts me about human behavior more than 'unhealthy' e8 stuff. It's always felt totally menacing and foreign to me. Both e8 and e3 are systematically the lowest ranked enneatypes when I take a test. I can't relate to either of them.

Yah...same with 5 and 1 for me (lowest scores)...which is not uncommon for stress and integration points...although 5 doesn't disgust me...more like "you've got to be fucking shitting me...you want me to sit with one thought for how long? Sorry pal...I've got a lot of ground to cover and time's ticking away" 1s make me clinically insane though... "I'm sorry was that not *good* enough for you? I'm a *bad* person because I missed hoop #251 on the obstacle course you just made me run for no logical reason?" :mad: (haha I like venting).

I've always wanted to not-indepth-study people's experiences that have these interesting set-ups...like imo...your point of intergration is also a fix. Like how does that change things?

I think the helplessness of e5 is probably why I struggle to see any of the anger types in me. Anger used to get immediately internalized into a sort of "kill me now" residue that would fog up the glasses with which I perceived the world. It came to a head in my late 30s, which I imagine is the whole 'integration' process, but I'm pretty sure e9 - prior to age 35 - would have been a slam dunk.

When I take Fauvre's test (with the pictures), I end up with 541. :shrug: And a couple people in my blog (when I'd asked) suggested 541. Which surprised me, for some reason. 548 makes the most sense to me currently, but the anger thing is a real blind spot for me.

Yah that does seem like the gist of intergration... do this completely opposite thing from what you always do and experience *balance and inner peace* (I'm still seeking the intergration how to guide :wink:).

Anyway, maybe e9 when you were young but we may have a different understanding of e9. And yah...541. I'd like to take that test myself if you have a link...but I think you are just getting 1 because 8 will score low for you in spite of its influence (imo).

senza tema

nunc rosa cras fex
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Um I just googled ‘dormant’ to double check my understanding of it haha! *smashes intellectual smoking pipe on the ground* :dry:

If what you say above is how some theorists present the enneagram that is not the understanding I’ve come away with. Now, dormant...probably not the best word selection ever in the history of word selection...but I was trying to convey an image of something that’s always been with you...something that has influenced your character...your choices...it has an impact on your particular brand of 5...how 5 expresses through you...why you’ve made use of these coping strategies and not those...but that still sits in a bit of an inactive state because you don’t know how to wield it so you may ignore it...dislike it in others...admire it in others...wonder why it’s collecting dust in your room alongside a bunch of other junk you can’t seem to get rid of...idk.

But it’s still guiding you.

Yah...same with 5 and 1 for me (lowest scores)...which is not uncommon...although 5 doesn't disgust me...more like "you've got to be fucking shitting me...you want me to sit with one thought for how long? Sorry pal...I've got a lot of ground to cover and time's ticking away" 1s make me clinically insane though... "I'm sorry was that not *good* enough for you? I'm a *bad* person because I missed hoop #251 on the obstacle course you just made me run for no logical reason?" :mad: (haha I like venting).

I've always wanted to not-indepth-study people's experiences that have these interesting set-ups...like imo...your point of intergration is also a fix. Like how does that change things?

Yah that does seem like the gist of intergration... do this completely opposite thing from what you always do and experience *balance and inner peace* (I'm still seeking the intergration how to guide :wink:).

Anyway, maybe e9 when you were young but we may have a different understanding of e9. And yah...541. I'd like to take that test myself if you have a link...but I think you are just getting 1 because 8 will score low for you in spite of its influence (imo).

The tritype test is on this page. You have to pay $10 for it.

Dr Mobius

Biting Shards
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Yeah, that's the one. I didn't pay for it - I don't remember the circumstances, but for some reason it was temporarily no charge.

I think maybe keys where given out? I remember taking it; 358 if I recall.

Also congratulations on least expected user/thread combination.

Z Buck McFate

Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Also congratulations on least expected user/thread combination.

Thanks. I do what I can to keep things exciting for you people.

(I don't even especially care about type, I'm just curious to hear how I'm perceived).

Forever_Jung

MBTI Type
ESFJ
Sometimes you seem like a possible INTP to me, because of your sense of humour...but I think that's mostly 5 vibes. I have always liked your typing, and I don't have much to add in terms of the finer shadings of E-types, because I'm not someone who puts too much stock in tritypes.

I know that's not an earth-shattering contribution, but I thought I should at least weigh in. :shrug:

Dr Mobius

Biting Shards
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Thanks. I do what I can to keep things exciting for you people.

(I don't even especially care about type, I'm just curious to hear how I'm perceived).

After some consideration and your recent habit of producing inflammatory threads; I believe a strong case for ISTP 6w5 so/sx can be made.

Z Buck McFate

Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Sometimes you seem like a possible INTP to me, because of your sense of humour...but I think that's mostly 5 vibes. I have always liked your typing, and I don't have much to add in terms of the finer shadings of E-types, because I'm not someone who puts too much stock in tritypes.

I do tend to have a much better sense of humor (and take myself hella less seriously) in environments that have become familiar to me. In places I've worked, it took up to two years for people to realize I had any sense of humor at all (unless there's immediate rapport). I've envied the way NTPS can just show up and immediately dispatch the razzle dazzle.

Yeah though, no 'type' contest here. So dull.

After some consideration and your recent habit of producing inflammatory threads; I believe a strong case for ISTP 6w5 so/sx can be made.

I am an artist, so that does check out.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

I know that's not an earth-shattering contribution, but I thought I should at least weigh in. :shrug:

I agree, basically, though I've always seen her as an INFJ 5. I just think it's pretty common for e5 INFJ's especially to come across more like INTP in writing; Ti shows waaaay more in writing in an INFJ, whereas irl I bet the Fe would soften that a lot.

Z Buck McFate

Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Fauvre hasn't said anything about tritype changing but...

BREAKING: The Fauvres (or just one, whoever runs the Enneagram Explorations Fb page - David is the only one listed) posted this.

Enneagram Myths:
Many people are now learning about the Enneagram in online forums. I thought this list of myths that persist to be repeated in forums would be helpful.

1. Our type is determined by our childhood. False. All evidence suggests type is genetic and we are born our type.

2. Integration/Disintegration. False. This concept was proposed by Enneagram founder Claudio Naranjo and later he retracted it. We equally go to the high and low sides of the types on the lines from our primary type.

3. Some types are more difficult than others. False. All types in their own way when their core fears are triggered can be difficult to interact with for various reasons. No type is better or worse than any other type.

4. Some types are better suited to be with each other in a romantic relationship than other types. False. The biggest determinant of relationship compatibility in romance is one's instinct not one's type. Any two types can potentially have a happy relationship. That said it's unusual to find couples of the same type. It's most common with 9s.

5. The Enneagram types originated from ancient wisdom and came from Gurjieff or the Sufis. False. The concept of the types is modern and originated with Oscar Icahzo in the 1970s and was further developed by present day Enneagram teachers.

6. We can change our type. False. Our type like our sex (I've been corrected that gender is the wrong term here...lol) is fixed throughout our life time. We can dramatically change our emotional health in relationship to our type and how we express our type.

This isn't to say I don't have my doubts about some of these points above - but at least now there's clear evidence that at least one Fauvre believes type doesn't change.

(I'm kinda hard pressed to believe #1 in particular. I'd be interested to see this evidence.)

rav3n

If you consider behavioral DNA, gene expression requires environmental triggers. In other words, even if you're born with the genetics to be an XYZRD, without specific environmental influences, you won't necessarily be an XYZRD.

I agree that the lines of integration and disintegration are bullshit, since they're aspects of social engineering where people must be X to be good and if they go Y, they're bad. It's premised on the creator of the lines vision of who people must become, rather than any real psychological framework.