• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

I don't care if you type me, I just wanted to answer this questionnaire too.

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
Why do you believe I lead with Fi?

My general method of typing is here.

Here are some of your quotes:

Yeah, I thought you were doing that thing the people's ENFP does where they're like "ESFJ's are awesome too bad I don't relate to them at all hahahah!". But you genuinely think ESFJ is a cool type. Which is new. Not even I think ISFJ is a cool type, I like being one because it kind of sucks and is lame. But you know, I'm one of the weird -9's. I don't want to see the positive so much as I want to push through the negative and experience it all in order to overcome. If the positive is there I will see it and accept it though, I'm not adverse to it or anything.

I wish people's ENFP would just admit they don't want to type as ESFJ because they adhere to linear, objective, and conventional conceptions of value and so obviously wouldn't want to be ESFJ's. Although my humanity does understand why all of that might be necessary to them.

No, it makes sense. I can kind of see it now that I know you better, there's a detached quality to your expressiveness. But not in the e2 way where they seem like they're just following a narrative in order to receive a certain reaction.

I wouldn't say I possess a natural (or otherwise) affinity for the type or that I do so because it is low on the totem pole. Rather, I identify as it and accept it as is. (Because it is what I am.) Hence, my mention of not making it out to be conventionally beautiful or anything. It's a handy summary within the framework of my journey, a symbol. Though one that could be replaced with anything so long as the important part, the meaning remained. But of itself, I regard it neutrally. My apologies if my description of what it personally means to me made it seem that way.

As for my functions, I do believe I lead with Si in that I immediately internalize information/stimuli though I don't think this was obvious to myself at first because of how archaically I organize these things and how overburdened with subjectivity the process is for me. It almost seems as if the stimuli is forgone completely because I create weird extremely subjective impressions of it in my mind. In other words, I am incredibly subjective and see only the shadows of the flames on the cave wall. I think Si as per the popular conception is imbued with a Te empiricist flavor, hence that entire thing I've noticed about ISJ's being percieved as needing details and pieces in order to construct the whole. The rationalist flavor of Ti provides more fluidity and room for heuristics. I percieve that I create modular structures that I can easily use to skip over the minutae when the impressions contain similar pieces. Which is to say, that the atomistic building of the whole is what I have mostly seen from Te aux and doms, not Si doms or auxes. The only time I see it from Fe-Ti is when they are a 6 and therefore have security attachments to knowledge so, naturally gravitate toward more limited epistemic relationships via empiricism in order to ensure and have a way to confirm. But I don't think I am a 6. Thus, I can see the manner in which I connect things, a manner arcane but not abstract. If I took proper time and effort, all of my impressions could be unpacked like Russian dolls, because the shadows belong to the flames and did not come from anywhere but the world of the concrete. Though they are not the object themselves like Se, that is clear. This metaphor, in its original context, makes Si out negatively but out of it's context as I am presented it now it just illustrates my conception of it lol.

My making decisions with Fe was admittedly more obvious when I was younger and my Ti bled into/balanced it less (I have gained the ability of critical thinking since I was a teenager). But when I was younger, I would always look outward for the "right" answer or action from the objective then pursue it agressively, unquestionably, and fall back upon it when came time to defend myself. I believed there was a correct reality and way to be. I was often typed as a cp6 because I would react so strongly to external forces/pressures. I was not one step removed from them the way Fi doms and auxes are. In reality I was reacting to the lack of congruence (and not from internal values of themselves), which freaked me out as both 9 and Fe need it. This can still be seen to some extent in how meddlesome I can be, even when I appear to be passive sometimes I am in reality too sensitive to congurence/incongruence with the external to be truly passive. Fi is commonly associated with that sort of thing because Fe is percieved as only taking place in congruence. But Fe is really both sides of the coin directly. Fi is only secondarily concerned with that dichotomy, it's not directly concerned with it. That is, what I experience is my values as external and interacting/clashing with the objective structure of value thus demanding a reaction from me. Either convince/force congruence or give in (which can either be rebellion or alignment in reaction to the external but it's not trying to get people to agree with me).

Ti is my relief function, the one I go toward in times of great pain and distress. During the darkest period of my life (20- 22), I seemed to be incredibly detached and obsessed with subsuming everything to my framework (someone even told me "not everything has to make sense") because I was in such a stygian state that I had to detach from the correct narrative I no longer fit into and found relief only in destablizing everything I took for certain once a la the objective structures of Fe. I also looked the least Fe during this time because value judgements were subourdianted completely and instead I only picked everything apart. It looked almost like a Si-Ti loop in that all was information gathering, dismantaling, and integration into my own understanding of things.

My inferior Ne has a very disintegration to 6 flavor in that I create these very paranoid narratives for people with many branching possibilities of duplicity and ulterior motivations that I believe whole heartedly enough to act on them. It's not dismillar to the classic "1,000 worst case scenerios" portrait painted of inferior Ne imo. When I am in this mode I am making up possibilities that may not exist and if one doesn't fit, I have more.

When I was more immature, yes. But picking fights and inflicting psychological abuse were all I had to work off in terms of real world models of relationships. The more idealistic conceptions that were probably (aside from the focus and intensity) why my BF's stayed with me came from within myself alone. Those were free of pathology.

However, as an adult, I definitely know much better than to apply what I saw in my parents' relationship to my own relationships. Mostly because I am aware that I will never allow myself to be abused or taken advantage of so there is no need to abuse others as a countermeasure. So, now it's a no.

Admittedly, I still have a very difficult time thinking of subjecting someone to any sort of relationship with me as anything but partially a curse of some kind for the other party.

Well, admittedly I kind of just throw INFJ out the window a little bit too eagerly in part because I made that thread on my other account trying to start an INFJ witch hunt for the lulz when I was 18 because I'm evil. But that's not really so heavy a weight on things because I don't care if people come after me for it or try to tell me I can't sit with them if I type INFJ.

In reality, I'm not entirely sure on S and N (I just said I was sure about my type so people wouldn't come in here trying to give me ISFP for the millionth time). I don't even have a very strong argument for one over the other, but I do think I'm more normal and in touch with reality than N's (I'm also largerly much better at conveying my thoughts through language, which a lot of N's actually seem to do quite poorly with). Especially NF's. Although I do think I'm way less so than most SJ's and much worse at life than they are tbh. But that could just be because I'm a 9. So, even though I hate INFJ 6's (I'm sorry eminem, also, I know hating a type doesn't have much to do with anything), I don't think INFJ is out of the question the way Fi types are for sure.

All I can really say for certain in terms of MBTI/JCF is that I was extremely Fe (I was solely guided by the external even though I was all weird and competitive about it) until I was 20 and then after that I seem to have developed some sort of introverted function that balanced things out a bit for me. Though I still have strong Fe. Which is why I am now so different from the "Why is everyone INFJ nowadays?" person. I've heard it's common for FJ's to develop in this way, to become more individualistic as they get older. By which logic, ExFJ would seem to be what I am. Although I clearly behave like an introvert, I could always be a extrovert with regards to the functions/incredibly messed up.

So yes, as you can see I know like 5 things total about MBTI after all this time. But at least I don't think F is feelings and T is logic.

If you don't mind, I'd love to hear your thoughts on the matter. Of course, you are under no obligation to give them to me if you don't want to. I did make this thread while I was in one of my "moods" afterall, haha.

From what I can see, you often start a post by making reference to your identity, or the genuineness of others (Fi), and it's in the third paragraph that comparisons to the past are made (Si).

Lady Lazarus

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

I'm just going to make this the thread where I answer questionnaire's when I'm bored. Like that one guy.

Lady Lazarus

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
1. How do you respond to clingy people?
Well, if I want to be clung to by them and quite cruelly if I do not. It angers me when people do not respect themselves.

2. If you could change the ocean to any color, what would that color be?
This is a boring answer but, blood red.

3. Would you consider living in the nude for a period of time (a month)?
Yeah, sounds fun aside from having nowhere to put my phone and having no way to hide my scars.

4. When you are romantically interested in an individual, how do you generally act (shy, outgoing, annoying, etc.)?
I swing capriciously between bold and aloof.

5. Have you ever gone skinny dipping? If so, how was the experience?
No. But I should, it sounds like it would feel nice if not done somewhere gross.

6. If you could frame the jockstrap of any sports figure and hang it in your den, whose would you choose?
Pfft, like I know anything about sports.

7. If you had to disguise yourself physically, how would you do it?
Painting myself orange, wearing a green wig, and singing "Oompa Loompa do-ba-dee-doo".

8. Name a city that best represents your personality.
Buford, Wyoming. Definitely not a city.

Lady Lazarus

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
1) What aspect of your personality made you unsure of your type?
I am not unsure about ISFJ, I am unsure about my wing though. I relate to both.

2) What do you yearn for in life? Why?
Apotheosis. My life feels like this cycle that isn't quite a cycle where I try to remake myself before getting intrrupted by myself trying to remake myself. There is no culmination. So I desire something sincere.

3) Think about a time where you felt like you were at your finest. Tell us what made you feel that way.
I think I was just entranced. I'm not one to pat myself on the back tbh. I feel happiest when I have overcome myself. I don't care what I am, I am just weirdly rebellious on a more inherent level.

4) What makes you feel inferior?
My emptiness and lack of personality or whatever. I feel underdeveloped compared to most and like it is difficult to develop because I can only find the motivation to be sincere with myself when I am valued by others. Specific others. Otherwise, I am just incredibly stubborn and relentless.

5) What tends to weigh on your decisions? (Do you think about people, pro-cons, how you feel about it, etc.)
I simply follow my instincts.

6) When working on a project what is normally your emphasis? Do you like to have control of the outcome?
Results are my emphasis and yes, I do. I am poor at following and tend to figure these sorts of things out via action.

7) Describe a time where you had a lot of fun. How is your memory of it?
I went somewhere with my friends. I'm not the sort of person who has a lot of friends or even consistently has any, so it felt weird but I liked it.

8) When you want to learn something new, what feels more natural for you?
Doing so alone.

9) How organized do you think of yourself as?
Meh.

10) How do you judge new ideas? You try to understand the principles behind it to see if they make sense or do you look for information that supports it?
I definitely gravitate more toward rationalism. I'm not very empirical, which can sometimes make me difficult to understand it seems.

11) You find harmony by making sure everyone is doing fine and belonging to a given group or by making sure that you follow what you believe and being yourself?
I care about making sure others are fine to some degree, but yes, it's largely the latter. I will not belong to a group that is full of shit.

12) Are you the kind that thinks before speaking or do you speak before thinking? Do you prefer one-on-one communication or group discussions?
I usually think before speaking and prefer one-on-one.

13) Do you jump into action right away or do you like to know where are you jumping before leaping? Does action speaks more than words?
Right away with regards to little things, but I research bigger decisions extensively. No. It's more complicated than that.

14) It's Saturday. You're at home, and your favorite show is about to start. Your friends call you for a night out. What will you do?
Go out.

15) How do you act when you're stressed out?
I act very irritable and angry. I tend to try to push people away when I am angry so I will not be able to take things out on them.

16) What makes you dislike the personalities of some people?
When they are INFJ 6.

17) Is there anything you really like talking about with other people?
I just like making jokes. Because it's my only social skill.

18) What kind of things do you pay the least attention to in your life?
Social status.

19) How do your friends perceive you? What is wrong about their perception? ? What would your friends never say about your personality?
Put together I think. I am not put together. I think they would say I'm mean yet nice at the same time.

20) You got a whole day to do whatever you like. What kind of activities do you feel like doing?
I would want to go on a short road trip alone.