• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

since we're all making type me threads

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
what in the samfuck are you talking about?

I'm glad to hear you say this.

I ally the powerful and trick the weak-willed into doing my bidding. If might makes right, I will be the mightiest.

The Cat

Just a Magic Cat who hangs out at the Crossroads.
Staff member
Yah...you don't just type someone ESFJ and expect not to get slapped with the "using type as a weapon" label - trust me (there was an old, beloved mod that messaged me "RIP Starry" right after I started that People's ENFP thread haha! Heaven forbid we discuss something so not-even-remotely-controversial as far as theory is concerned. Especially considering no one here is ESFJ ever...they are all doing real things in the real world. <-This is so sad to me...and idiotic...but whatever.)

Yah...I get a 278 vibe from Crystal big time. This would put her into the same category as Chanaynay...and I think they do have an easier time with making sense. They take into consideration more their audience while I'm just trying to hit most of the right keys and not rep people reps meant for others, etc. (just my opinion though and not meant to hurt anyone's feelings.)

I'm here, I'm ESFJ, and I sometimes do things away, but I'm also here too. I am everywhere...And Nowhere. :ninja:

Starry

I'm here, I'm ESFJ, and I sometimes do things away, but I'm also here too. I am everywhere...And Nowhere. :ninja:

haha! I did not know this Jack! I feel super excited and kinda giddy for some reason...

Being older...when I first learned about MBTI... the internet was nothing like it is today and if there was a site dedicated to typology I never knew of it. I learned from books and printed materials provided to me by instructors...and I distinctly remember a massive ESFJ section. Pages and pages due to there being a huge variation in expression... And so you can imagine my confusion...having arrived here several years later only to find the ESFJ description had been reduced to a few lines concerning how you guys like to bake cookies for the church bake sale. (It's so messed up...I'm still wtfing.)

It's interesting how some people define "mistypes" as folks that know they are one type...but are consciously pretending to be another. <-Cause I'm like "no way". Who the hell is going to read about the internet ESFJ and actually believe that's them? (Add the layer of e2 image on top of that? In their efforts to be appreciated and adored they are going to select "church lady"?).

Mistypes absolutely believe they are the type they've mistyped as. It makes perfect sense to me why there are only...well 1 ESFJ on the site (it's such a shame to because this is one of the most dynamic, powerful types...the sun rises and sets because of the SFJ I'm not shitting you). I know how far you had to go in your understanding to arrive at ESFJ.

Thank you for sharing this...I always knew I thought you were awesome haha!

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
haha! I did not know this Jack! I feel super excited and kinda giddy for some reason...

Being older...when I first learned about MBTI... the internet was nothing like it is today and if there was a site dedicated to typology I never knew of it. I learned from books and printed materials provided to me by instructors...and I distinctly remember a massive ESFJ section. Pages and pages due to there being a huge variation in expression... And so you can imagine my confusion...having arrived here several years later only to find the ESFJ description had been reduced to a few lines concerning how you guys like to bake cookies for the church bake sale. (It's so messed up...I'm still wtfing.)

It's interesting how some people define "mistypes" as folks that know they are one type...but are consciously pretending to be another. <-Cause I'm like "no way". Who the hell is going to read about the internet ESFJ and actually believe that's them? (Add the layer of e2 image on top of that? In their efforts to be appreciated and adored they are going to select "church lady"?).

Mistypes absolutely believe they are the type they've mistyped as. It makes perfect sense to me why there are only...well 1 ESFJ on the site (it's such a shame to because this is one of the most dynamic, powerful types...the sun rises and sets because of the SFJ I'm not shitting you). I know how far you had to go in your understanding to arrive at ESFJ.

Thank you for sharing this...I always knew I thought you were awesome haha!

You only survive by making sure you can trick others into helping you.

Starry

You only survive by making sure you can trick others into helping you.

21a65337c619531825f8ca3ee3dba08f.jpg

I love how one of the many things I was accused of was imagining *ENFP* was an "exclusive club". Oh it's exclusive alright.

Are you currently tricking others into helping you? There are folks that will help you without trick or treat for that matter. And some that will do it for a fee. <-I hope you are surrounding yourself with both.

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
21a65337c619531825f8ca3ee3dba08f.jpg

I love how one of the many things I was accused of was imagining *ENFP* was an "exclusive club". Oh it's exclusive alright.

Are you currently tricking others into helping you? There are folks that will help you without trick or treat for that matter. And some that will do it for a fee. <-I hope you are surrounding yourself with both.

None can match my skill at infiltration. Most people are idiots, and its simple to gather intel to destroy my enemies and the enemies of my superiors. Everybody has some sort of dirt on them, or some psychological weak point. It just takes a smiling face and a soft voice to draw it out sometimes.

To those I have not explicitly allied themselves with me through double binding contracts, all I can say is I’m slippery, so catch me if you can!

Frosty

Poking the poodle
Instinctual Variant
sp
None can match my skill at infiltration. Most people are idiots, and its simple to gather intel to destroy my enemies and the enemies of my superiors. Everybody has some sort of dirt on them, or some psychological weak point. It just takes a smiling face and a soft voice to draw it out sometimes.

To those I have not explicitly allied themselves with me through double binding contracts, all I can say is I’m slippery, so catch me if you can!

Im not scared of you.

I am concerned about you to some extent, and these posts like this... Im not sure what you are hoping to prove...

Yes life sucks. It sucks when things dont go exactly how we want them to. It sucks when we feel different- wrong, in some way. It sucks we cant fix everything.

But the answer isnt to give up on all goodness in the world. That is weak. That makes the world WORSE. And in my humble opinion, its cowardly. You dont just give up when things get hard.

In fact, NOT giving up- I think helps us feel better about ourselves. Helps us gain some self respect. In addition to helping the world be a TINY bit better- we improve our own lives too.

By trying. Really hard. All the time. You dont just get to give up on being a good person without having to realize- you are just running because you are scared. And there- is no prize- only disappointment- in being scared. Because its a weight that will hold over you- like a cancer- for a long time.

You are only hurting yourself.

So while Im a little disturbed by the messages you keep parroting...

But Im not scared of you. Because I know I have it in me- even if you DID do some random awful thing to me- to get through it. Im not defeated because things dont go my way, because bad things happen to me, ect. I dont WANT bad things to happen to me- I dont think anyone does.

But I can persevere and make the bad better. And I think... that might be something worth trying for you. Really looking at yourself and facing the things you dont like- instead of throwing in the towel when things get too hard.

Besides that- this thread isnt about you.

You have plenty of people trying to help you- still- in other threads. Please use those and let crystal have her thread. Listen. Try to really listen- and not to what is emotionally easiest. Get help. Dont lie to us. We want to help you but... its hard to help a person that cant be trusted to be honest.

Again. Only hurting yourself

Metis

Gross.

You have plenty of people trying to help you- still- in other threads. (...) We want to help you but... its hard to help a person that cant be trusted to be honest.

I'm done.

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
I'm thinking on a whim here, but to me, you seem to find comfort in stability. If I had to guess, I'd say you try to keep your life somewhat organized (like planning and maintaining order). You also seem rather self-sacrificing and managerial - you've done so much for your family, and I'm guessing you help raise the little ones and the household matters, and you are seeking a career with punitive responsibility.

For these reasons, I cannot rule out Pi > Pe, and Je > Ji, but that does not mean I am anywhere close to typing you.

How do you feel about unexpected surprises or a sudden change in plans?
How do you feel about managing other people and giving orders/guidance?

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
Also, I don't think you are repulsed by control, restriction, and commitment the way that NFPs are. Rather, I think you are repulsed by people who try to exert power over you because it's wrong and you also have a preference for viewing yourself in the right most often.

Starry

It’s difficult to gauge whether you have an awareness or not of how foolish something like this makes you seem. If being seen as powerful and clever is what you’re after...I’ve got to be honest with you by saying that this post is definitely a step in the wrong direction.

But whatever gets yah through the day right? If you have no awareness of the ways in which you are making yourself seem smaller, weaker...than by all means continue. I just wouldn’t feel right about not at least telling you that you’re embarrassing yourself in the off-chance you may be able to catch a glimpse of it. And from there enter into a double binding contract with a licensed psychotherapist.

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
It’s difficult to gauge whether you have an awareness or not of how foolish something like this makes you seem. If being seen as powerful and clever is what you’re after...I’ve got to be honest with you by saying that this post is definitely a step in the wrong direction.

But whatever gets yah through the day right? If you have no awareness of the ways in which you are making yourself seem smaller, weaker...than by all means continue. I just wouldn’t feel right about not at least telling you that you’re embarrassing yourself in the off-chance you may be able to catch a glimpse of it. And from there enter into a double binding contract with a licensed psychotherapist.

I’ve nothing to gain from you. I have my money, and I have the insight all motives and ethics and morality are wholly subjective. Unfortunately, I still have people more powerful and richer than me, and I’m working to change that. The person with the most power is the one who decides what’s good or bad for everybody else—everything else is just noise.

Starry

I’ve nothing to gain from you. I have my money, and I have the insight all motives and ethics and morality are wholly subjective. Unfortunately, I still have people more powerful and richer than me, and I’m working to change that. The person with the most power is the one who decides what’s good or bad for everybody else—everything else is just noise.

I agree with you - there's nothing to be gained from me There's clearly nothing to be gained by you from anyone on this site. We already know this as so many people have bent over backwards to try and help you to no avail. And so it is quite merciful really that you've revealed your true philosophy - thank you. Now members can make an informed choice when considering whether or not to ignore you. From here on out I personally choose "ignore".

But don't you think it's time to move along? Why on earth would anyone attempting to become the richest most powerful person on the planet waste their time at TypoC? Daylight's burning man...so you best be going. Take care.

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I agree with you - there's nothing to be gained from me There's clearly nothing to be gained by you from anyone on this site. We already know this as so many people have bent over backwards to try and help you to no avail. And so it is quite merciful really that you've revealed your true philosophy - thank you. Now members can make an informed choice when considering whether or not to ignore you. From here on out I personally choose "ignore".

But don't you think it's time to move along? Why on earth would anyone attempting to become the richest most powerful person on the planet waste their time at TypoC? Daylight's burning man...so you best be going. Take care.

I grow in power by the day. I have a small horde of devoted followers who treat my word as sacrosanct, and I have the charisma and guile to talk my way into anything I want. I will have it all!

Red Memories

Haunted Echoes
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Oh god...I wonder if I do that (what your bf did). What I can say is I've made a conscious effort not to sometimes...like if someone's negativity is flying too close to my own negativity I can get antsy but have forced myself not to do the fuckin Orphan Annie shit. I think it is very awful to try and put a limit on someone else's expression of feeling (especially when it is under a guise of "I'm helping you"...when in reality it's "I'm helping me".)

Anyway...when I read Crystal's fears...they are all concerns with being limited in some way. Like it's weird...my sister loves being limited...e1. She actually likes to deprive herself of stuff and I'm like wtmf? She fears an overabundance of goodness...and ups her ocd regimen in order to manage that whole thing.

I was surprised where Crystal said she didn't like domineering people and it caused me to keep in mind that these things are all relative. Because she seems to handle them quite well...and packs a powerful punch herself. <-I don't remember where I was going with that but I'm going to leave it in. I keep getting work interruptions. I think she may have meant "closeminded". People that will argue their points and never really listen to yours.

I love hearing what other see and think!

I wanted to note on this I feel that phrasing may be more fitting. I always equated that sort of person to be "domineering" as in they're trying to overdominate you by steamrolling your opinion and all and that shit don't fly with me. XD

Red Memories

Haunted Echoes
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Initially, I presumptously threw her into the people's ENFP bin (and typed her as a 2 because I felt the positive outlook that isn't 9 thing that tends to overwhelm and confuse me. And later changed to 1 because she didn't seem quite 2.) just because I am a jerk who likes telling people they are ESFJ due to the fact that I am fully aware basically no one wants to be one even though sometimes people act all PC about it.

In the end, I wasn't sure wether N or S for her (so I typed her ExFJ) because it was hard for me to tell wether or not she really experienced the detriment of N (therefore experienced everything) instead of just the "charming" parts the people's ENFP people like to exclusively play up. Which I guess is another point for 7 positive outlook things. After she fairly recently told me something though, I realized she does experience the detrimental parts of NF. Like being percieved as naive and unrealistic isn't something she seems to bask in the way people's ENFP does. Although she is really effusive which is primarily what tripped me up there even though that's not how it works. I mean, I'm Fe and I'm not effusive.

Also, I thought she was too comprehensible to be an Ne dom (although it's possible I'm just getting used to trying to understand where the hell N's are coming from and what they're talking about due to being here for 5 years). That said, her writing style, visual style, and the way she seems to make leaps in her reasoning/conclusions reminds me of Lord Lavender. Although they're super different in the minutae and he doesn't have the forceful e1 attributes she displays.

I think the amusing thing for this is to note when I started my MBTI journey, I actually typed as an ESFJ. I felt it was a compliment even. It's only been here I appear adverse to Fe typings, mainly because of some early things that came. I don't dislike people who actually give a logical validation to why they see Fe though. and I can say that often does trip me too. I think I can be very openly expressive yet very unexpressive and held back at the same time. That likely makes little to no sense. XD

Red Memories

Haunted Echoes
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'm thinking on a whim here, but to me, you seem to find comfort in stability. If I had to guess, I'd say you try to keep your life somewhat organized (like planning and maintaining order). You also seem rather self-sacrificing and managerial - you've done so much for your family, and I'm guessing you help raise the little ones and the household matters, and you are seeking a career with punitive responsibility.

For these reasons, I cannot rule out Pi > Pe, and Je > Ji, but that does not mean I am anywhere close to typing you.

How do you feel about unexpected surprises or a sudden change in plans?
How do you feel about managing other people and giving orders/guidance?

change of plans: depends. I usually am more annoyed than anything. which is stupid considering I don't do much but like. I don't mind within the plans doing something spontaneous and unexpected but if you're one of those people who makes plans and keeps postponing it like "tomorrow" and 3 tomorrows later we still didn't get to tomorrow I'm gonna be really pissed because I could've existed in some other form besides waiting for you to get your own shit together. cut point. XD

Orders thing: that kinda depends too. I get a lot of "okay, mom" commentaries when I advice people. I've also been told I am wise beyond my years by other. I usually am the type to feel shit isn't gonna get done right unless you do it yourself. At the same time I am sensitive to just ripping someone up because I know myself as very oversensitive and therefore I know how fragile criticisms can be to me, so I try to give them as gently, realistically, and objectively as possible. Unless you're just a piece of shit, then you don't really get much filter from me. but me pulling off the filter usually means you fucked up big time because normally I'm a lover with an underlying assertive nature that I am even in denial of.

XD

Lady Lazarus

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think the amusing thing for this is to note when I started my MBTI journey, I actually typed as an ESFJ. I felt it was a compliment even. It's only been here I appear adverse to Fe typings, mainly because of some early things that came. I don't dislike people who actually give a logical validation to why they see Fe though. and I can say that often does trip me too. I think I can be very openly expressive yet very unexpressive and held back at the same time. That likely makes little to no sense. XD

Yeah, I thought you were doing that thing the people's ENFP does where they're like "ESFJ's are awesome too bad I don't relate to them at all hahahah!". But you genuinely think ESFJ is a cool type. Which is new. Not even I think ISFJ is a cool type, I like being one because it kind of sucks and is lame. But you know, I'm one of the weird -9's. I don't want to see the positive so much as I want to push through the negative and experience it all in order to overcome. If the positive is there I will see it and accept it though, I'm not adverse to it or anything.

I wish people's ENFP would just admit they don't want to type as ESFJ because they adhere to linear, objective, and conventional conceptions of value and so obviously wouldn't want to be ESFJ's. Although my humanity does understand why all of that might be necessary to them.

No, it makes sense. I can kind of see it now that I know you better, there's a detached quality to your expressiveness. But not in the e2 way where they seem like they're just following a narrative in order to receive a certain reaction.