User Tag List

View Poll Results: What's my type UwU ?

Voters
5. You may not vote on this poll
  • ENFP

    1 20.00%
  • ISFJ

    0 0%
  • INTP

    3 60.00%
  • MBTI Not Listed

    1 20.00%
  • 369 tritype

    1 20.00%
  • 136 tritype

    2 40.00%
  • Tritype Not Listed

    0 0%
  • sp/so

    1 20.00%
  • sp/sx

    0 0%
  • IV not listed

    0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.
First 1234 Last

Results 21 to 30 of 35

Thread: Type The Blob!

  1. #21
    Eternally Burnt Out RadicalDoubt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    613 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne
    Posts
    778

    Default

    Thank you much for your responses btw. I'm sort of surprised surprised how quickly you centered in on the INTx types; The T/F axis has always been the hardest for me to decide on, but on this thread and my discussions with some others I've been getting similar responses. I should probably stop doubting myself at this point.
    Quote Originally Posted by kittenke View Post
    But maybe I'm wrong, how do you relate to Se inferior?
    I did type as INFJ for awhile, so I do relate to it to some degree (although I had concluded that my relation to it may be more just related to having low sensing). Generally, I have a pretty slow processing speed and don't really understand personally what it means to feel part of or at one with your environment. I'm fairly ascetic and find myself being able to oscillate the past and the future in terms of goals and recollection, but very rare in the present (and typically when I'm not in the past or future I'm just in the land of thoughts). I become inactive because I'm too busy thinking about moving forward and how I could act rather than actually acting at all. Also sometimes high Se is described as having a recognizable presence and I don't have that at all. While I'm weirdly memorable for some reason, I have no gravitas and am told my presence is "ghostly" because I just disapear in plain sight.... Idk if half of that actually has anything to do with low Se though.


    Seems really Ti-Ne, but maybe someone will come in and argue for Ni-Te, lol. I thought Ti about generalising concepts, and Ne about the different contexts.
    Your definition doesn't seem too off, although Ti tends to be pretty technical on it's own (especially when paired with semi-apparent Si). Since it doesn't rely necessarily on information right in front of your faces, it does seem to be more assumptive and somewhat general. The Ne sort of adds a more general flair to it since it is a pretty context oriented function.

    Yeah and now this kind of sounds Se inferior... but then you say you rely on your own judgment over the world, which would be Ti, not Ni.

    Out of curiosity, can you give me an example of where you used your own judgment about reality that was wrong and left you vulnerable to actual reality?
    Sure, I'll talk about some semi-lighter incidents.

    It happens a lot with people. As I've mentioned here, I struggle with people and relationships in general and, being that I have pretty bad social anxiety, especially in my younger days (or during pretty unhealthy periods of mine) I tried to mitigate this by studying people. Initially, it starts with me paying extra attention to people behaviorally and gauging their interaction patterns and such, but eventually leads to trying to generalize that behavior so I can predict and respond to it. It becomes really head based, because based on my generalizations (which aren't always trustworthy because they're my own generalizations based on small samples of information and psychology articles I've read and theorized about), I'll try to make systems outlining how people think/act based on how I think people think or should think. A lot of times, as long as I keep systems general it sort of works but realistically in many situations my logic just seems to be way off base because I refuse to use enough outside data (because I'm more conformable dealing with my own ideas and playing possibilities out in my head).

    I used to do this a lot in school too, but with non-human information my judgement tend to be more accurate. I go by the basis if I generalize a concept and find concepts similar to that, lots of times their behavior will align and I can use those connections to understand how different concepts work under different conditions. But again, it relies heavily on my own generalizations and self-expansion of concepts despite me typically doing quite a bit of research on topics, so it's occasionally way off from reality. Had an issue with that in economics, which unfortunately came up during a class debate. I knew and understood the theory, but had skewed that to extend to behaviors that didn't actually happen (also some of that was me misreading a concept, but I think the idea still stands).

    It's so silly because I refuse to trust myself in areas that I'm actually fairly competent in and then completely disregard my own biases with these sort of things. I've sort of forced myself to become more doubtful so I fall into these pitfalls less.
    - 6w5 3w4 1w9 - sp/so - INTP -
    “My deplorable mania for analysis exhausts me. I doubt everything, even my doubt.” Gustave Flaubert



  2. #22
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    MBTI
    SINE
    Posts
    300

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Legion View Post
    You're twisting language here. I wasn't talking about measuring probability the way a statistician would, I was speaking about someone making probabilistic statements in ordinary conversation, which as far as I am aware really is an Ni indicator. Note that it's just an indicator, it's not 100% or anything.
    Hmm...Maybe I am NOT INTP (Maybe ISTP)? I tend to do this often and also think about how the world will evolve in the future (For instance, how changing the rate of change in society (creativity) will inevitably depress birth rates (exception was the transportation boom facilitated by rapid development, but that's due to translating people to un-developed regions.....To develop a region, you need population boom( It's a requisite) Or how Millennial's replacing Baby-Boomers may facilitate structural change (jobs, exc). I don't often think about the past unless I am introspecting in regards to my identity (how the past shaped it). My research adviser said my approach is more intuitive since I tend to rely heavily on inferences opposed to gathering all the facts to back it up....Yet, he's mentioning that in regards to making predictions which is related to Ni (not always). I'm also very good at predicting what others are thinking/about to say during conversations. Perhaps, it's due to being able to read people (to an extent) and know somewhat where the conversation is flowing

  3. #23
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    1/3
    Posts
    147

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hurl3y4456 View Post
    Hmm...Maybe I am NOT INTP (Maybe ISTP)? I tend to do this often and also think about how the world will evolve in the future (For instance, how changing the rate of change in society (creativity) will inevitably depress birth rates (exception was the transportation boom facilitated by rapid development, but that's due to translating people to un-developed regions.....To develop a region, you need population boom( It's a requisite) Or how Millennial's replacing Baby-Boomers may facilitate structural change (jobs, exc). I don't often think about the past unless I am introspecting in regards to my identity (how the past shaped it). My research adviser said my approach is more intuitive since I tend to rely heavily on inferences opposed to gathering all the facts to back it up....Yet, he's mentioning that in regards to making predictions which is related to Ni (not always). I'm also very good at predicting what others are thinking/about to say during conversations. Perhaps, it's due to being able to read people (to an extent) and know somewhat where the conversation is flowing
    You sound like ISTP's Ni, IMO

  4. #24
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    1/3
    Posts
    147

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RooibosKrayfish View Post
    Thank you much for your responses btw. I'm sort of surprised surprised how quickly you centered in on the INTx types; The T/F axis has always been the hardest for me to decide on, but on this thread and my discussions with some others I've been getting similar responses. I should probably stop doubting myself at this point.
    No problem! Yeah I thought T for you because you sound really detached, not "feely" at all. What in particular made it hard for you to decide on T/F, if I can ask?


    I did type as INFJ for awhile, so I do relate to it to some degree (although I had concluded that my relation to it may be more just related to having low sensing). Generally, I have a pretty slow processing speed and don't really understand personally what it means to feel part of or at one with your environment. I'm fairly ascetic and find myself being able to oscillate the past and the future in terms of goals and recollection, but very rare in the present (and typically when I'm not in the past or future I'm just in the land of thoughts). I become inactive because I'm too busy thinking about moving forward and how I could act rather than actually acting at all. Also sometimes high Se is described as having a recognizable presence and I don't have that at all. While I'm weirdly memorable for some reason, I have no gravitas and am told my presence is "ghostly" because I just disapear in plain sight.... Idk if half of that actually has anything to do with low Se though.
    What I don't really get is how would INxP be any better at Se than INxJ, anyway.


    Your definition doesn't seem too off, although Ti tends to be pretty technical on it's own (especially when paired with semi-apparent Si). Since it doesn't rely necessarily on information right in front of your faces, it does seem to be more assumptive and somewhat general. The Ne sort of adds a more general flair to it since it is a pretty context oriented function.
    I'm not sure what your comment on Ti being technical on its own is referring to...?


    Sure, I'll talk about some semi-lighter incidents.

    It happens a lot with people. As I've mentioned here, I struggle with people and relationships in general and, being that I have pretty bad social anxiety, especially in my younger days (or during pretty unhealthy periods of mine) I tried to mitigate this by studying people. Initially, it starts with me paying extra attention to people behaviorally and gauging their interaction patterns and such, but eventually leads to trying to generalize that behavior so I can predict and respond to it. It becomes really head based, because based on my generalizations (which aren't always trustworthy because they're my own generalizations based on small samples of information and psychology articles I've read and theorized about), I'll try to make systems outlining how people think/act based on how I think people think or should think. A lot of times, as long as I keep systems general it sort of works but realistically in many situations my logic just seems to be way off base because I refuse to use enough outside data (because I'm more conformable dealing with my own ideas and playing possibilities out in my head).

    I used to do this a lot in school too, but with non-human information my judgement tend to be more accurate. I go by the basis if I generalize a concept and find concepts similar to that, lots of times their behavior will align and I can use those connections to understand how different concepts work under different conditions. But again, it relies heavily on my own generalizations and self-expansion of concepts despite me typically doing quite a bit of research on topics, so it's occasionally way off from reality. Had an issue with that in economics, which unfortunately came up during a class debate. I knew and understood the theory, but had skewed that to extend to behaviors that didn't actually happen (also some of that was me misreading a concept, but I think the idea still stands).

    It's so silly because I refuse to trust myself in areas that I'm actually fairly competent in and then completely disregard my own biases with these sort of things. I've sort of forced myself to become more doubtful so I fall into these pitfalls less.
    Hmmmmm ok I think all this sounds really Ti, lol. The logical systems ignoring facts.

    If your judgment is more accurate with non-human information, that would further confirm T type for you.
    Likes RadicalDoubt liked this post

  5. #25
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    MBTI
    SINE
    Posts
    300

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kittenke View Post
    You sound like ISTP's Ni, IMO
    What's odd is that I don't relate to Se much at all. I am very oblivious to my surroundings (consequence of being inside my head too often). I also tend to stay home very frequently and don't go out often at all, with exception to bars/concerts. I also have issues misplacing items such as keys very often, and I lack attention to detail (especially in regards to writing reports, ppt's and remembering names, dates, exc). As a Math major, I would come up with new theorems/equations that had no practicality at all. For instance, I came up with a formula to locate the infinite set of all non-prime numbers....Would an ISTP find enjoyment in such a problem? I also do not like performing the hands on activities for research, but I do so to obtain results to match my prior predictions. Also, I enjoy helping people (even if I don't know them too well), so perhaps I don't exhibit inferior Fe....For instance, I helped one of my friends get a position at my company. I knew exactly who I needed to contact (manager wise) to lead to the max probability that he would obtain the position. I also predicted someone's college major based on their behavior patterns....So, it seems as if I use Ni, but where the function lies within my stack is the question. My humor, however, tends to be Ne related (lots of word-play, PUNS, associations, exc). But, I conform to other's personalities meaning I may change my behavior depending on who I am with.

  6. #26
    alchemist Legion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Posts
    2,797

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hurl3y4456 View Post
    Hmm...Maybe I am NOT INTP (Maybe ISTP)? I tend to do this often and also think about how the world will evolve in the future (For instance, how changing the rate of change in society (creativity) will inevitably depress birth rates (exception was the transportation boom facilitated by rapid development, but that's due to translating people to un-developed regions.....To develop a region, you need population boom( It's a requisite) Or how Millennial's replacing Baby-Boomers may facilitate structural change (jobs, exc). I don't often think about the past unless I am introspecting in regards to my identity (how the past shaped it). My research adviser said my approach is more intuitive since I tend to rely heavily on inferences opposed to gathering all the facts to back it up....Yet, he's mentioning that in regards to making predictions which is related to Ni (not always). I'm also very good at predicting what others are thinking/about to say during conversations. Perhaps, it's due to being able to read people (to an extent) and know somewhat where the conversation is flowing
    I assumed you were an ENTP. INTP and ENTP are the classic mathematician types, and maths seems natural to you. Plus you seem to focus on the idea generation to a higher degree than the logic.

  7. #27
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    MBTI
    SINE
    Posts
    300

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Legion View Post
    I assumed you were an ENTP. INTP and ENTP are the classic mathematician types, and maths seems natural to you. Plus you seem to focus on the idea generation to a higher degree than the logic.
    Yeah, I do generate many ideas relating to my research and I was a very divergent thinker in the Mathematics department. My proofs initially started all over the place since I would think of many different routes to take.....My approach was very unconventional, and I enjoyed solving problems using new methods. I do tend to come up with new theories/explanations to explain a subject, which is built upon my repository of knowledge/associations, yet I'm not very good at remembering facts. One of my weaknesses is getting lost very often, even if I had been to a location multiple times. Also, people tend to think I am an ambivert, which can be typical for ENTP.

  8. #28
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    1/3
    Posts
    147

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hurl3y4456 View Post
    What's odd is that I don't relate to Se much at all. I am very oblivious to my surroundings (consequence of being inside my head too often). I also tend to stay home very frequently and don't go out often at all, with exception to bars/concerts. I also have issues misplacing items such as keys very often, and I lack attention to detail (especially in regards to writing reports, ppt's and remembering names, dates, exc). As a Math major, I would come up with new theorems/equations that had no practicality at all. For instance, I came up with a formula to locate the infinite set of all non-prime numbers....Would an ISTP find enjoyment in such a problem? I also do not like performing the hands on activities for research, but I do so to obtain results to match my prior predictions. Also, I enjoy helping people (even if I don't know them too well), so perhaps I don't exhibit inferior Fe....For instance, I helped one of my friends get a position at my company. I knew exactly who I needed to contact (manager wise) to lead to the max probability that he would obtain the position. I also predicted someone's college major based on their behavior patterns....So, it seems as if I use Ni, but where the function lies within my stack is the question. My humor, however, tends to be Ne related (lots of word-play, PUNS, associations, exc). But, I conform to other's personalities meaning I may change my behavior depending on who I am with.
    Quote Originally Posted by hurl3y4456 View Post
    Yeah, I do generate many ideas relating to my research and I was a very divergent thinker in the Mathematics department. My proofs initially started all over the place since I would think of many different routes to take.....My approach was very unconventional, and I enjoyed solving problems using new methods. I do tend to come up with new theories/explanations to explain a subject, which is built upon my repository of knowledge/associations, yet I'm not very good at remembering facts. One of my weaknesses is getting lost very often, even if I had been to a location multiple times. Also, people tend to think I am an ambivert, which can be typical for ENTP.
    Hmm okay it's just that I've read stuff on this forum and I've seen posts by some self-typed ISTP, Poki or whoever, and he seems to write speculative stuff too in a similarly P-ish disorganised way as you

    And I think I knew another ISTP who was like that too.

    I'm not sure exactly the difference between naturally Intuitive stuff and Sensors who like to dabble in Intuitive stuff too.

    Or how often you really lose details/facts compared to other Sensors, bc sometimes everyone can make mistakes.

    So just my input really.

  9. #29
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    MBTI
    SINE
    Posts
    300

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RooibosKrayfish

    It happens a lot with people. As I've mentioned here, I struggle with people and relationships in general and, being that I have pretty bad social anxiety, especially in my younger days (or during pretty unhealthy periods of mine) I tried to mitigate this by studying people. Initially, it starts with me paying extra attention to people behaviorally and gauging their interaction patterns and such, but eventually leads to trying to generalize that behavior so I can predict and respond to it. It becomes really head based, because based on my generalizations (which aren't always trustworthy because they're my own generalizations based on small samples of information and psychology articles I've read and theorized about), I'll try to make systems outlining how people think/act based on how I think people think or should think. A lot of times, as long as I keep systems general it sort of works but realistically in many situations my logic just seems to be way off base because I refuse to use enough outside data (because I'm more conformable dealing with my own ideas and playing possibilities out in my head).

    I used to do this a lot in school too, but with non-human information my judgement tend to be more accurate. I go by the basis if I generalize a concept and find concepts similar to that, lots of times their behavior will align and I can use those connections to understand how different concepts work under different conditions. But again, it relies heavily on my own generalizations and self-expansion of concepts despite me typically doing quite a bit of research on topics, so it's occasionally way off from reality. Had an issue with that in economics, which unfortunately came up during a class debate. I knew and understood the theory, but had skewed that to extend to behaviors that didn't actually happen (also some of that was me misreading a concept, but I think the idea still stands).

    It's so silly because I refuse to trust myself in areas that I'm actually fairly competent in and then completely disregard my own biases with these sort of things. I've sort of forced myself to become more doubtful so I fall into these pitfalls less.
    Creating generalizations that evolve according the different external situations pinpoints to Ne.....Coming up with a system based on these generalizations (pattern seeking) is Ti related. Also, relational issues can be related to inferior Fe in which you may fear rejection or believe you'd be unaccepted (Could cause social anxiety). Also, inferior Fe can manifest as avoiding relationships if someone becomes close to you (quite abruptly).
    Likes RadicalDoubt liked this post

  10. #30
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    MBTI
    SINE
    Posts
    300

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kittenke View Post
    Hmm okay it's just that I've read stuff on this forum and I've seen posts by some self-typed ISTP, Poki or whoever, and he seems to write speculative stuff too in a similarly P-ish disorganised way as you

    And I think I knew another ISTP who was like that too.

    I'm not sure exactly the difference between naturally Intuitive stuff and Sensors who like to dabble in Intuitive stuff too.

    Or how often you really lose details/facts compared to other Sensors, bc sometimes everyone canmake mistakes.

    So just my input really.
    Well, I appreciate your input...My Mom is an esfp (high se) and she is extremely attuned to her surroundings and picks up on minute details. She was very impatient when I showed her some Math Equation that I created, and would rather enjoy a movie. One of my friends (istp) is exceptional in regards to picking up on other's mannerisms, which is Se related. Higher Se users will seek novelty in the external environment (seek new foods, places, life's pleasures, exc) whereas higher Ne users will seek novelty in regards to imagined scenarios/theories. So, it should logically follow that an Se user would often explore the outer world or seek some form of sensory pleasure (movies, video games, exc). In this aspect, I don't relate to Se at all. But, you could also conjecture that an unhealthy ISTP might be reclusive and use their Se dis-proportionally....implying that Se may be repressed in this case.

    Speculating or generating a new theory to explain a phenomena without facts corresponds to lower Si usage since Si requires past association/facts/evidence to explain the current situation. Generating hypothetical's not tied to reality corresponds to Ne, due to an outward projection that transcends the senses. An Se user could elicit the same hypothetical, but they would be reliant on sensory stimulation to initiate, and the projection wouldn't go well beyond real space. There are a lot of misconceptions relating to intuition and sensing....We each use both skills, however, intuitive's spend more time within imaginary space (inferences not so dependent on real time). Also, inferior Si often manifests as a reluctance to utilize facts to back up a claim and instead relying on patterns to infer results. ISTP's utilize Se, so it will follow that their speculations will relate to a sensory experience coupled with Ni to project into the future.

Similar Threads

  1. Type the Star Trek Characters
    By Dark Razor in forum Popular Culture and Type
    Replies: 93
    Last Post: 05-29-2014, 11:02 AM
  2. Type the authors of these writings....
    By am_i_evil666 in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 06-23-2008, 11:46 AM
  3. Typing the US and England
    By Xander in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 05-29-2008, 07:45 AM
  4. Type the mouse
    By nightning in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 01-30-2008, 06:19 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO