• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

INTJ or INFJ?

Gabby2

Enneagram
I would be grateful for anyone's input, thanks!! Some things about me....

. I'm great at reading people's emotions, body language, tone of voice, and motivations.

. I think emotions are beautiful.

. I'm more interested in universal insight and theories than other people's problems even though I do care about them.

. I would base a decision off of my feelings but I would be logical about it. (I feel like a logical feeler basically)

. Sometimes I avoid expressing my emotions as to not trouble those around me.

. I usually am only compassionate towards fictional characters (I know that's weird), my family, my friends, or people that I have established a genuine connection with.

. I don't like authority figures or people in general who blindly follow rules without knowing why the rules were put there in the first place.

. I value integrity, courage, honesty, and loyalty.

. I could lay in a field and stare up at the stars for hours and just think and not get bored.

.I think giving to charity such as cancer patients is stupid unless you're being determined to get to the heart of the issue. Ex: I find donating toys to kids with cancer stupid and rediculous because that's not going to help the fact that they have cancer. I would much rather donate to science labs that are searching for a cure for cancer so that children don't get cancer at all. That would make me happy.

. I find both human nature, emotions, and the universe extremely fascinating.

I am dearly sorry this post is so long! But I would so value anyone's input!!

RadicalDoubt

Alongside Questionable Clarity
MBTI Type
TiSi
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
This post is pretty vague, but I can say with confidence that you're likely F > T, at least dichtometry wise. If you're certain of Ni dom, I'd say INFJ. I'd also look into INFP if you believe that Fi is an option

. I'm great at reading people's emotions, body language, tone of voice, and motivations.
Traditionally a trait found in strong F types. Being able to read the emotional atmosphere and valuing those who do (which obviously a value of yours since you bothered to include this fact) is typically included in the definition of Fe and is commonly mentioned in F dichtometry.

. I think emotions are beautiful.
I guess it depends why, but going out of your way to mention this pushes heavily towards F

. I'm more interested in universal insight and theories than other people's problems even though I do care about them.
Probably introvert, likely pushes towards an intuitive type generally

. I would base a decision off of my feelings but I would be logical about it. (I feel like a logical feeler basically)
There are many F types who will consider themselves logical feelers but very few T types who will ever say this. Nonetheless, this is a pretty typical human trait.

. Sometimes I avoid expressing my emotions as to not trouble those around me.
Typical human trait. Depends on how often you do this and why, but this really doesn't point to much except maybe a more passive enneagram type/ higher agreeableness.

. I usually am only compassionate towards fictional characters (I know that's weird), my family, my friends, or people that I have established a genuine connection with.

. I don't like authority figures or people in general who blindly follow rules without knowing why the rules were put there in the first place.

. I value integrity, courage, honesty, and loyalty.
These are all general/common human traits and not type specific

. I could lay in a field and stare up at the stars for hours and just think and not get bored.
Pushes heavily towards an introverted type

.I think giving to charity such as cancer patients is stupid unless you're being determined to get to the heart of the issue. Ex: I find donating toys to kids with cancer stupid and rediculous because that's not going to help the fact that they have cancer. I would much rather donate to science labs that are searching for a cure for cancer so that children don't get cancer at all. That would make me happy.
Possibly points towards a dynamic type (IxxJ) because you're looking for the core rather than a way to displace the problem. If you're into enneagram, this probably points to some degree towards a 1 fix

. I find both human nature, emotions, and the universe extremely fascinating.
Yeah, F > T

I think the biggest indicator on this one is your post formatting. When people do "type me posts" like this, they list off personality traits they feel are important in figuring out who they are, a representation of themselves. Throughout this short blerb, 8 of 10 of your points focused on emotional responses, your feelings about those, and your values, all of which are strongly valued and contemplated upon in the domain of a high F type.

If you feel as though there is more to elaborate on or something, I'd gladly provide more input (tag me [MENTION=34313]RooibosKrayfish[/MENTION] so I know), but I think if you're going between those two for certain, INFJ is a very safe bet