• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Could I be an ISFP?

Gabby2

Enneagram
I have narrowed myself down to either INFJ or ISFP and I feel much more like an ISFP but the thing is is that I am extremely organized, obsess over my calendars, to do lists, and I'm always making lists and go into this checklist mode lol. I don't think those qualities are very P like at all. But what I'm curious about is that I recently came upon a video where this guy says that an ISFP is often like that under stress and I was wondering if that is true? I used to be very spontaneous and laid back (at least around my friends) and didn't really care wether my room was messy or not but lately I have been under tons of stress and now I'm not able to be like that at all, even with my best friend. So sorry this post is so long but to any of you ISFPs out there, has this ever happened to you and is it true that ISFPs get like that when under stress? Thank you!!

Yuurei

Noncompliant
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
My husband is an INFJ.
My bedt freind ( more like family) is ISFP.

My husband is so ovssesed with lists and other organizational attemps that it seens counter-oroductive, what, with little time remaining to actually DO the things on his lists.

My ISFP freind has no such tendancies at all. Though I think doing some would realky help him.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
[MENTION=38314]Gabby2[/MENTION]
Could you talk more about the reasons you feel like ISFP? The one apparent anomaly makes it hard to know, so it would be helpful to have more context. You talked a little about when you were younger and seemed like the type, so it could be interesting to hear a bit more. It is true that people behave differently under stress. On the ISFP forums in various places online some do talk about being a bit organized. One could make a kind of argument for Se-Te having some inclination to organize the external world, but it wouldn't be too fastidious I think in an ISFP. I try to make things as simple as possible - especially when it's something I don't like, so I have my errands I run Friday morning. My relaxed life in my house doesn't have much routine, though.

There is also the issue of the shadow self coming out in stress that some people believe to be true, in which case yours would be ENTJ.