• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The Case for ESFP

Dreamer

Potential is My Addiction
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Ok, I’m kind of a bit lazy atm, lies, but my mind is racing with a bunch of thoughts atm, but I’ll try to flesh this post out some when I get a chance.

I’ve been going over some thoughts and have compiled some evidence of what I think is actually Se/Ni in me and right now I’m just a bit excited over this potential so I changed my type and throwing this thread up! :happy2:

But ya, will have to come back to this when I’m not so challenged with inattention.

The Cat

Just a Magic Cat who hangs out at the Crossroads.
Staff member
hqdefault.jpg

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Ok, I’m kind of a bit lazy atm, lies, but my mind is racing with a bunch of thoughts atm, but I’ll try to flesh this post out some when I get a chance.

I’ve been going over some thoughts and have compiled some evidence of what I think is actually Se/Ni in me and right now I’m just a bit excited over this potential so I changed my type and throwing this thread up! :happy2:

But ya, will have to come back to this when I’m not so challenged with inattention.
You're throwing it up? That's about the size of it. I hope the journey is productive.

Metis

[MENTION=25763]Dreamer[/MENTION], don't you do the ESFP thing every year or so?

I do know someone I think is ESFP IRL who changes his nickname, haircut, and facial hair look about once a year or so.

Dreamer

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram

I do know someone I think is ESFP IRL who changes his nickname, haircut, and facial hair look about once a year or so.

...gah! You have some good memory there! I think it is roughly a once a year thing hah, but! The previous times were more so about me just trying on a type out of boredom. This time around, I’ve made a few connections and thought hmm...what I’m experiencing...might actually be Se with Ni in the background, not actually Ne after all...

Now, a few disclaimers to note: 1) I’ve been going through a bit of rough patch irl for a good time now, hence my fairly infrequent stopovers on the forum, so all this could just be tied to my 7’s desire to seek a way out, any way out, and 2) I do have a fairly high spatial intelligence and prefer to learn and think of things in relation to one another in 3 dimensional space...so, ya, what I perceive might be Se/Ni may just be some other stuff going on. Or, it might actually be Se!

It’s all really exciting to me to be honest. But, Mac and cheese is on the stove and I’m here sitting right in front of it because I know otherwise I’d let it all burn and go up in smoke being on the forum now, but I’ll have to return to this thread in a bit. To the Mac! :happy2:

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Now, a few disclaimers to note: 1) I’ve been going through a bit of rough patch irl for a good time now, hence my fairly infrequent stopovers on the forum, so all this could just be tied to my 7’s desire to seek a way out, any way out, and 2) I do have a fairly high spatial intelligence and prefer to learn and think of things in relation to one another in 3 dimensional space...so, ya, what I perceive might be Se/Ni may just be some other stuff going on. Or, it might actually be Se!
The highlighted is quite likely, but definitely go through the exercise. With type, it really is about the journey. FWIW, I can have exceptional attention to detail, not only to what my own senses observe, but to what I can measure with artificial extensions to my senses. But then I would be fairly useless in the lab otherwise. Consider, then, that we all can develop needed skills that don't necessarily align with our innate preferences.

It’s all really exciting to me to be honest. But, Mac and cheese is on the stove and I’m here sitting right in front of it because I know otherwise I’d let it all burn and go up in smoke being on the forum now, but I’ll have to return to this thread in a bit. To the Mac! :happy2:
Let it burn, and make some real food (just save the pot).

Dreamer

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
The highlighted is quite likely, but definitely go through the exercise. With type, it really is about the journey. FWIW, I can have exceptional attention to detail, not only to what my own senses observe, but to what I can measure with artificial extensions to my senses. But then I would be fairly useless in the lab otherwise. Consider, then, that we all can develop needed skills that don't necessarily align with our innate preferences.

Let it burn, and make some real food (just save the pot).

I do very much agree with you here. It’d be silly to assume an IFP could never get their act together with an inferior Te at play. I do think, for example, that my upbringing around so much Te has granted me at least some tact over my Te. In the least, I can better understand, or at least see where high Te users are coming from than many of my other Feeling dominated friends IRL :D

Dreamer

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Ugh, I can’t be bothered trying to fine tune my typing anymore at this point. Been thinking about it off and on here and there but what’s even the point when I’m clearly not in the best emotional state to do so. I still find bits and pieces of myself recuperating from my dad’s death, a brief stint of poverty, and being questioned of my value and ability within my professional endeavors, all within a four-year period, not all that long ago.

There are plenty times I’ve looked into being an Sp dom over an So dom, an Se-flavored e7 over an Ne-flavored one, an Se dom over an Ne dom for that matter, being more cautious and calculating perhaps, over what being a “P” type might suggest. But of course all that makes sense, I’m still recovering from those past trials I’ve lived through, and why try to type something that’ll only most likely become inadequate down the road as I more fully recover, it’s all just wasted mental energy and more importantly, time, of which I never feel like I have much of these days.

The above probably should instead go in my blog but eh, it circles around my own typing considerations so I’ll leave the post in this thread for the time being and perhaps offer a rationale behind why I might come across as this type or that over what my present typing displays as.

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus

I read this with stand-up comedy playing in the background and I couldn't mentally separate what I heard from what I read, and so I thought you said your friend changes the name of his dick once a year.

His dickname.

Metis

I read this with stand-up comedy playing in the background and I couldn't mentally separate what I heard from what I read, and so I thought you said your friend changes the name of his dick once a year.

His dickname.

I don't know the man well enough to ask him about that, but I wouldn't be too surprised.

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
Ugh, I can’t be bothered trying to fine tune my typing anymore at this point. Been thinking about it off and on here and there but what’s even the point when I’m clearly not in the best emotional state to do so. I still find bits and pieces of myself recuperating from my dad’s death, a brief stint of poverty, and being questioned of my value and ability within my professional endeavors, all within a four-year period, not all that long ago.

There are plenty times I’ve looked into being an Sp dom over an So dom, an Se-flavored e7 over an Ne-flavored one, an Se dom over an Ne dom for that matter, being more cautious and calculating perhaps, over what being a “P” type might suggest. But of course all that makes sense, I’m still recovering from those past trials I’ve lived through, and why try to type something that’ll only most likely become inadequate down the road as I more fully recover, it’s all just wasted mental energy and more importantly, time, of which I never feel like I have much of these days.

The above probably should instead go in my blog but eh, it circles around my own typing considerations so I’ll leave the post in this thread for the time being and perhaps offer a rationale behind why I might come across as this type or that over what my present typing displays as.

I understand this. I research this stuff h e a v i l y, mostly out of pure intellectual interest, but I still have mental and emotional relics from a time when I wasn't healthy or even safe really. Because of that, I find myself still, occasionally, getting protective of my opinion/insight into my own type. I actually figured out today that it's because of two pretty heavy reasons:

1. Because of years of psych/emotional manipulation and abuse, including a hefty dose of gaslighting, I am sensitive to people projecting uncertainty at me (as in simply implying that I have incorrectly typed myself or that I don't know what I'm talking about). I have been rewired to defend my stance and specifically my identity because my ex-husband used to try to sculpt a twisted image of me and tell me it's actually a reflection. It took me a really long time to learn to trust my own perspective again, and honestly, I think I'm still struggling with that occasionally.
2. Around that time, I lost nearly everyone, and I didn't know why. I internalized everything and concluded that I must have been "too much without being worth anything". So, I started suppressing parts of myself that I was previously oblivious to but now ashamed of, which has only led to further confusion about who I actually am.

Anyway, my point is that typology, although a great distraction or something to dive into in general, can easily become a really unhealthy habit, which by definition is toxic. This can impede necessary healing.

I think life was a lot simpler before I discovered this stuff, but I'm in too deep to give it up now, although I do think about doing just that (I tend to have singular interests that I dedicate all my leisure time to, so I don't really have a good replacement for this stuff right now).

kittenke

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
1/3
1. Because of years of psych/emotional manipulation and abuse, including a hefty dose of gaslighting (...) I have been rewired to defend my stance and specifically my identity because my ex-husband used to try to sculpt a twisted image of me and tell me it's actually a reflection. It took me a really long time to learn to trust my own perspective again, and honestly, I think I'm still struggling with that occasionally.
2. Around that time, I lost nearly everyone, and I didn't know why. I internalized everything and concluded that I must have been "too much without being worth anything". So, I started suppressing parts of myself that I was previously oblivious to but now ashamed of, which has only led to further confusion about who I actually am.

This* actually happened to me too. I believe 2) happens as a consequence to 1), the traumatic experience. You get more emotionally negative even without noticing, and while this is a perfectly natural response (and temporary), other people don't understand why it is happening and react badly to it.

*: (Not with a spouse but just as bad anyway.)