• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What's my MBTI Type?

hurl3y4456

MBTI Type
SINE
First an foremost, I have taken the MBTI test a few times and always get "INTP" as the result, however, I am uncertain whether the result is correct. Now, I exhibit the following characteristics:
--> I am highly analytical and have an intense thirst for knowledge....I tend to assimilate information in an organized and subconscious manner over time, then I formulate multiple connections and patterns from my stored database. I am also very created and seek novel solutions to problems, especially within the field of Pure Mathematics....I also wrote a book (didn't finish) called "Modern Adaptation," in which I built upon known information to form hypothesis about how the future generations will adapt to the advancement of technology.
--> I am extremely sensitive at times and highly reactive to other people emotions (mainly negative)....For instance, I tend to be very calm, composed, and logical.....yet, when my Mom comes home angry after a rough day of work, her anger is translated within me, which in turn leads to a conflicting situation. To repress my emotions, I typically seek outward guidance (Grandparents) to revert me back to equilibrium. I also am quick to apologize for wrongful behavior because I am guilty for "hurting someone's feelings." I also have an issue of offending people with my humor, however, I am quite slow in reacting accordingly....I typically have a moment later on where everything sinks in, and I "connect the dots" based on my observations in regards to their reaction.
-->I enjoy research, however, not in a conventional approach. I always disregard literature reviews, and seek to find my own solutions to problems or formulate my own conclusions based on the patterns/trends within data.
--> I spend a lot of my time alone on the computer on various forums....I will always have a question pop up in my mind and I have a strong drive to seek the answer, but I enjoy learning from multiple angles (people).
--> I don't have many friends, but the few that I have are the following MBTI types: ENTP, INFP, and ENTJ.
-->I am always pondering about different subjects of interest at work...I tend to go off on a tangent and speak my mind only to find that the majority aren't paying attention. In fact, I talk more than the ENFJ who works there....he is very attuned to his surroundings and always on his phone whereas I am very aloof and inside my head.
--> I can pick up when someone loses interest in a conversation based on subtle changes in their voice/energy.

Here are some negative traits:
--> I lose things all the time (keys, wallet, debit card, exc,)...Sometimes, I am so internally focused that I will disregard anything communicating with me (This happened when I worked on some unsolved math conjecture for two weeks....it was one of the few times I was in the zone. The other time was when I derived Pi (3.14....) by transposing a square within a circle and splitting the outer half circles into infinitely many triangles).
--> I catch myself interrupting someone because a connection forms within my mind based on what was said (I've considered whether I have Asperger's syndrome based on my lack of social skills/awareness....I am a 27 year old virgin...not afraid to admit it either).
--> I dislike small talk and have trouble following group conversations such that everyone talks about their daily activities....I'd much rather talk about deeper topics such as Math theory, philosophy, behavioral psychology, and physiology.
--> I easily forget names, birthdays (even my own), places, historical facts, and other smaller details.....It effects my work performance....My own boss called me an "old man" due to the inattentiveness.
--> I was a hypochondriac in my early 20's (very obsessive about my health), which resulted in consistent anxiety.
--> My eating habits are highly sporadic and irregular...I tend to overeat or under-eat and do not follow any schedule.

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
Well, there seems to be little doubt that you're an intuitive. I suspect that you have conscious Fe/Ti. And probably not ENFJ.

So that leaves INTP, ENTP, INFJ.

N because of creative/theoretical approach and problems with areas requiring detailed awareness.

Fe/Ti because of the juxtaposition between being logical and calm at equilibrium, and sharing in the emotions of others.

You do emphasise the Ti aspects of yourself over the Fe it seems, but this can be consistent with INFJ sometimes too.

(disclaimer that typing based on self-generated descriptions is not my preferred method. I have other approaches that are more reliable)