• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Help (re)confirm my type, please.

VILLANELLE

MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Ok, so if you translate their emotions within yourself and then perform a transformation by molding the response into your internal framework/understanding of emotion, then I'd say you exhibit Fi. Note that Fe is more superficial in which it detects/expresses the external emotions and tries to go outward to alter the emotional environment positively.....Fi transcends Fe by internalizing the reaction, which permits one to fight against acts of injustice (someone broke/trespassed their internal moral code). Now, it depends on how Fe/Fi is paired with other functions. If Ni is paired with Fe (Infj/Enfj), then energy will be directed outward to help people stay upbeat using surficial points of reference (positive direction). If Ne is paired with Fi (Infp/Enfp), then ideas will be generated according to the emotional response within an area (hence, able to quickly infer emotional energy and generate possibilities)...If Fi is lower within the stack as with ENTJ's, then negative reactions may occur such as impulsive shopping sprees (Ni's vision tied to a weak ability to control inner emotional state). If Fe is lower within the stack as with INTP, then outer emotions may be uncontrolled/extreme at times (negative direction)...

Being a people pleaser corresponds to Fe usage (expressing emotions outwardly), and you do seem similar to an ENFJ friend of mine. A good way to settle the type is to determine how you relate to the inferior functions, especially under stress....An INFP will order people around uncharacteristically in a negative manner and really dislike structure (authority) whereas an ENFP will have trouble learning from past mistakes (repetition) and keeping up with facts/details. Note that an ESFJ with also have Ti inferior (come up with rash conclusions at times)....Yet Si is paired with Fe, which causes one to rely on previous techniques that have effectively worked in regards to altering the emotional states within the environment.....If you can project a vision or predict how the emotional state will change within the near future, then I'd go with Ni-Fe....Else, if you relate more with Si, then I'd go with ESFJ

I tend to come up with rash conclusions/assumptions, but that's mainly from my anxiety. I can't always really predict how my life will go or change, and I tend to say a lot of things but not really follow through. I definitely am afraid to try something new -- like a huge life change, because I'm worried about potential consequences/failure... but anyone would be. Hmmm.

Mayflower

King Ping
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Try this. It may help narrow down your type. Also, I would think about type like this, what have you generally focused on throughout you life? Whether it be minute details to your dreams, what aspects of these things attract you?

For a sensing dom, your focus is on the experiences themselves, the world and the impressions that come with it.

For a feeling dom, you evaluate the world by what is "agreeable" and guided through life by such standard.

For a thinking dom, you see the world through impersonal principles and navigate life as such.

For an intuitive, You are focused on the "possibilities", the inner perspectives that lie under the surface.

Once you find your dominant function, the rest will be easy.

VILLANELLE

MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I got:
Feeler - 90%
Sensor - 62%
Thinker - 9%
Intuitive - 7%

kittenke

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
1/3
I tend to come up with rash conclusions/assumptions, but that's mainly from my anxiety. I can't always really predict how my life will go or change, and I tend to say a lot of things but not really follow through. I definitely am afraid to try something new -- like a huge life change, because I'm worried about potential consequences/failure... but anyone would be. Hmmm.

This along with your test results made me wonder about ISFJ, that would still be Fe, too, but IxFx can account for the Fi-ish thing I saw.

VILLANELLE

MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
This along with your test results made me wonder about ISFJ, that would still be Fe, too, but IxFx can account for the Fi-ish thing I saw.

Yeah, that's true too. And I like fun and stuff, but sometimes I can take things seriously — like being teased, I can find the humour at first but then I get a bit defensive.

kittenke

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
1/3
Yeah, that's true too. And I like fun and stuff, but sometimes I can take things seriously — like being teased, I can find the humour at first but then I get a bit defensive.

I don't like quite some kinds of teasing either. Idk if that's type dependent?

PS: Is the avatar you?

VILLANELLE

MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I don't like quite some kinds of teasing either. Idk if that's type dependent? PS: Is the avatar you?
Avatar: I wish. I just go with whatever actor/celebrity I like. I'm flattered, though.
I don't think anyone likes teasing, but... well, actually, I don't even think taking ones self seriously or not is even type dependent, either. Everyone is different. It's sometimes after I have a serious moment or get wound up that I'm like "okay, I didn't have to be so overdramatic". I over react a lot to things.

kittenke

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
1/3
Avatar: I wish. I just go with whatever actor/celebrity I like. I'm flattered, though.
I don't think anyone likes teasing, but... well, actually, I don't even think taking ones self seriously or not is even type dependent, either. Everyone is different. It's sometimes after I have a serious moment or get wound up that I'm like "okay, I didn't have to be so overdramatic". I over react a lot to things.

Heh ok, about the avatar :) And I agree it's not type dependent... I've known people who do like teasing though lol :huh:

Norrsken

self murderer
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I don't know but you're a cutie patootsie.

VILLANELLE

MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Aw, thanks. My avatar isn't me, though.

- - - Updated - - -

Okay, 123test gave me ESFJ. And I think I agree with it. I don't know, I agree with ENFJ/ENFP/ESFJ, but I definitely agree I'm Extroverted.