• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What type am I?

Hydroglyphic

MBTI Type
INT?
Enneagram
I'm terrible about introductions as I tend to be direct and straightforward so I'll just get down to it.
I consider myself to be a 5 because I'm mainly in my head.
My mind is interested in intellectually stimulated activities and gets bored easily with mundane and simple acts.

I have a monotone voice and have intense esoteric interests,
because of this new things that pop up or things that make me go out of my comfort zone make me anxious and confused thereby making my Se jump out at it in a confused manner.
If I'm forced to engage in new things I will only do the bare minimum until I can get away from it. (Se demons of course.)
New people and new tasks can frustrate me when I have change my thinking or my personality just so the other person doesn't dislike me.

I would consider myself shy to a fault but once I get to know someone I tend to be more open to them.
Most of my friendships are made by accident and people mainly start conversations with me.
(I tend to only start conversations with people I know.)
I have a hard time talking to others about subjects I know little to nothing about.

I typically observe things as they (unconsciously) are and make subjective understandings of them.
When people ask me my opinion on something I won't hesitate to tell them.
This of course leaves me with few friendships.

So if anyone's interested tell me what type you think I am.

Last edited:

hurl3y4456

MBTI Type
SINE
It seems as if you don't mind change given that you have a confortable grasp at the situation....For instance, you stated that "I get bored easily by mundane and simple tasks" should imply that you won't mind changing positions at work since tasks will become simpler over time, but only if you are prepared beforehand.....This leads me to believe that you are not an "NP" since you also state "I have a hard time talking about subjects I know little to nothing about." "NP" types are notorious for their spontaneity and idea generative approach....meaning that unkown conversations will increase their repository of ideas. Further, "SP" types are notorious quickly adapting to environental stimulus (high Se) and being welcome to changing environments....hence, it's unlikely you are an "SP" type.
Monotonous voice is typically associated with lack of enthusiasm/expression.....feeling is associated with expression....Hence, you're more likely a thinker. This is further solidified since you're interested in intellectually stimulated activities.
You definitely come across as an introvert since you don't initiate conversation or seem to value an expanded social circle.
The key question is whether you exhibit Si or Ni.
Now, Ni is not some mythical function that people make it out to be.....Yes, there is an unconscious aspect to it, being that your mind latches onto the outward projection of data gathered via Se and compiles it unconsciously to singularity. This is why you may come to some realization after you wake up, because your mind is forming connections that link each piece of data together synergistically to form a complete picture of the discrete data set. Basically, Ni is like a body of water with no outlet that is formed from multiple tributaries feeding into it....That is, the body of water represents some realization and each tributary is an external source of data which reinforces it. Now Ne is the reverse situation in which the body of water has no inlet such that multiple tributaries branch outward randomly to permit interconnectedness....In this case, the body of water represents the original idea and each tributary represents another idea relating to it.
Similarly, Si can represent the same scenario as Ni, except that the body of water now represents a repository of facts, places, events.....and each tributary is an external source of data which also reinforces it.
For Se, the body of water is now a particular external situation and each tributary flowing away from it represents a transition (outward) to a new situation/adventure.
Based on your description, Ni seems likely which would pinpoint to INTJ but ISTJ could be a possibility.
How do you relate to the inferior functions.....INTJ's have inferior Se, which implies that they have a propensity to be socially anxious and sensitive to noises/stimulus in the environment. Also, it causes binge addictions during periods of stress.
ISTJ's have inferior Ne, which causes them to be resistant to change, and heavily rely on a past database to function in their current environment. Otherwise, they may think catastrophically about upcoming events during periods of stress.