• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What's my MBTI type?

Asia

Hi!! I've been taking the online test several times, but I got a different type each time I did it, depending on what I believed I was. Now I'm too confused and can't type myself properly. I've tried using cognitive fuctions as well, but I'm not into this stuff enough to use it properly.

Here is a description of my personality:

First of all, when I was 11 I became kind of addicted to internet and I alienated myself from my classmates. Since that time I have always been an outcast, partly because I don't speak a lot, which is because most of the time I just don't know what to say. Especially when the discussion is about a deep topic, then I just adapt to the point of view that most of the people discussing have. This happens to me very often, I barely have my own opinions, they are all influenced by the people around me. Back to the story, I've been an outcast for a long time, but I didn't like it. I was too scared to change it, until now. I just started high school and decided it's time to finally have a decent social life. I try to speak as much as I can, since it's easier when the conversation is just a small talk, something everyday-ish. I really want to make a lot of good friends but I'm so quiet and it's so hard. I dream about being one of these popular people, I tried to get into this clique, but I didn't manage, so I sticked with the people that would be in the middle of a school hierarchy. I am still very desperate to be liked and known by a lot of people, so much that I happen to pretend to be rude sometimes (i don't like it but that's how it works in my school). And again, another trait of mine: whenever I'm with a bigger or smaller group of people, I always put them into higher and lower positions, like hierarchy, in my mind of course. Back to trying to be rude - I tried this in high school, but what I got is people saying how I'm too good and too nice. I really thought I wasn't acting that way, but they still think of me like that. Sometimes I try to manipulate people - I usually don't succeed. I'm not sure about whether I succeed in manipulating people unconsciously, because I simply don't notice it.

I used to be called a nerd and I REALLY didn't like it. Now I'm trying not to be better than average at school, so that people don't think about me as a genius and weirdo. I'm mot a genius, I'm just smart. But I'd rather be dumb and nice and liked than smart but lonely and isolated.

Another part of my personality: I always protagonize myself. I often think of myself as the protagonist of a situation. When sometimes a moment seems like a scene from a series or movie, I always see myself as the protagonist. When the situation makes me look like a villain, I just somehow don't notice it. However, sometimes there are stories when the villain or half-villain is what I desire to be - I sympathyze more with Galinda than Elphaba (the musical "Wicked") and I dream about being a Regina George of this school. I know she was bad and I know I would not enjoy being rude to people, but there is something that makes me want that popularity and attention. And now I called Regina bad - that usually happens to me. Although I love deep and ambiguous stuff (I'll get to that later), in studying or real life I often clasify things and people as good or bad. Black and white. Although I know it's more complicated, I need that a lot.

I love reading books, I love motifs, symbols, interpretations and all that my family calls "english-majoring". Yet I can't stand history and I'm studying mostly math and physics now, because that's what comes easiest to me. But I love thinking about how life is more than just good or bad, how sometimes same actions have different motivations. In short, I love reading and thinking about "moral conflicts". And here we come to my biggest conflict. Not moral though. As I mentioned, I'm in a class where we focus on math and physics, although I love art in every kind. Visual arts, performing arts. Theatre is what I'd love to study and pursuing a carreer in musical theatre would mean the world to me. But my parents want me to study physics in uni. They wanted me to study physics in high school, so I'm studying physics, to not let them down. But the same year I started taking singing and acting classes. Exactly the same time I changed schools. For two months I've been thinking about it, I knew having so much new stuff in my mind would be a bad idea. I knew I should wait a year and start the MT classes later, that would be a rational decision I wanted to make, but at the very end, I somehow felt I had to do it all right now. I know taking decisions through logical thinking is the best way and I try it so hard, but in the end I usually end up doing the opposite thing - what I feel is right, whether for me or for another person. Yet people always see me as the rational thinker, but that's not because I'm actually so, but because I'm smart with math. That's stupid but people assume you are a thinker over feeler when you have a strong mind.
Decision making: I am a very undecisive person, I usually leave taking decisions for the last moment. But I am also really bad at improvising (which might come from the lack of social skills?) and I love to have everything in my life planned. Mostly by someone else, because I am really bad at planning as well. And I'm a messy person, although I love to keep my place to study clean. I also hate taking spontaneous decisions - I can't handle this much stress. But after the spontaneous decision is made, I usually enjoy it. I don't like changes. Moving to a new place would really frighten me, I don't even like small changes, like new schedule at school. But even though, everyday routine makes me so nervous, I can't live every day of my life in the same way.

Another thing that I find interesting - today at school we were asked to write pros and cons for being a stay-at-home parent. While most people focused on economic, down-to-earth stuff like "you don't have to pay for a babysitter" & "you don't earn money if you don't work", all that I wrote was "you get closer with your children", "you can't meet new people (work colleagues) & "your life gets boring". I don't know why, but I felt like including it might be a good idea?

Overall, I'm an optimistic and bubbly person with a very positive approach to life.

Woah, that was VERY long. Congrats if you're still with me. Now please help me find out which am I? Intro- or extravert? Intuitioning or sensing? Thinker or feeler? & Judging or perceiving? Or go with cognitive functions, whichever works better. Thank you xx

enfrightened

Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm leaning towards EXFJ. You speak so much of people, hierarchies, the social ladder; Extraverted Feeling seems extremely likely in your functional stack. You also speak about hating improvising and liking planned life. This seems very Introverted Sensing to me.. So I say ESFJ is most likely. You are really young if you just started high school, so I feel like it's natural to be very confused about social things in general, but it still seems very ESFJ-like to me.

Asia

I've thought about these two options as well as ISFJ, INFJ and ENFP! I was leaning towards ESFJ but I don't fit in the popular girl stereotype at all :( But the description of the functions seemed quite accurate, more than the ENFJ ones. But I spend a lot of time lost in my thoughts and I love analysing books, movies etc. Getting lost in thoughts seems more as an N thing than an S thing.

hurl3y4456

MBTI Type
SINE
I've thought about these two options as well as ISFJ, INFJ and ENFP! I was leaning towards ESFJ but I don't fit in the popular girl stereotype at all :( But the description of the functions seemed quite accurate, more than the ENFJ ones. But I spend a lot of time lost in my thoughts and I love analysing books, movies etc. Getting lost in thoughts seems more as an N thing than an S thing.

Indecisiveness is positively related to introversion with exception to divergent thinking (Ne) as well as overthinking internally (high Ti/Fi). Exhibiting a fear for change implies inferior Ne (*)...This is further exemplified by the statement: This happens to me very often, I barely have my own opinions, they are all influenced by the people around me." That is, a high Ne user will be bombarded by multiple possibilities such that the probability of forming an opinion is much higher relative to lower Ne for opposing reasons. You also mention "social manipulation," which is likely a manifestation of Fe because you attempt to control the external environment via emoting. It seems as if you have a conflict between the F and T functions, which theoretically could be caused by a good balance of the two inner functions....You seem to exhibit patient analytical approach (Ti), however, your feelings can counter a rational decision, which causes some conflict. Also, you mentions your friends perceive you as "nice/friendly" and you wanted to make your parent's happy with a career choice....Hence, you likely have Fe usage which would imply Ti/Fe conflict....Further, decisiveness tends to be a function of extroversion, particular Te usage, which i don't observe....By these assertion, we are left with two possibilities: INFJ or ISFJ....By (*), you are more likely ISFJ (Si > Fe > Ti > Ne) relative to INFJ (Ni > Fe > Ti > Ne), however, perhaps your fear is due to the over stimulation of new environmental conditions, which would imply inferior Se. There seems to be a contradiction though....you mention disliking routine (daily life) yet you dislike changing schedules (abiding by same schedule is routine based)....I'm assuming you meant personal interests....Now, routine tends to be associated with high Si users because they slowly internalize past environmental factors (via association) in a database like assembling a puzzle (each piece is an environmental circumstance)....Thus, Si users will rely heavily on keeping the puzzle intact...meaning they do not want rapid change to their routine unless they can build a positive association...Otherwise, the piece won't fit. You do seem to have a good imagination and can find meaning within symbolism, which is associated with Ni usage. It's hard to pinpoint exactly, so you can answer the following questions to hopefully reach a conclusion..I hope that I clarified certain areas to help you solidify your type.Now, do you think catastrophically in regards to change and form negative consequences/scenarios in your mind that are highly improbable? If so, then I'd say you are ISFJ.....Or, do you unconsciously form patterns/associations within your mind through introspection/deep analysis that causes you to form immediate insights that are consciously inconclusive in the immediate present....If so, I'd say you are an INFJ. I do think inferior Se could cause one to panic within a changing environment only if there exists too much stimulus. otherwise, panic according to a changing circumstances relating to divergence from a particular habit/routine would imply inferior Ne.

Asia

Indecisiveness is positively related to introversion with exception to divergent thinking (Ne) as well as overthinking internally (high Ti/Fi). Exhibiting a fear for change implies inferior Ne (*)...This is further exemplified by the statement: This happens to me very often, I barely have my own opinions, they are all influenced by the people around me." That is, a high Ne user will be bombarded by multiple possibilities such that the probability of forming an opinion is much higher relative to lower Ne for opposing reasons. You also mention "social manipulation," which is likely a manifestation of Fe because you attempt to control the external environment via emoting. It seems as if you have a conflict between the F and T functions, which theoretically could be caused by a good balance of the two inner functions....You seem to exhibit patient analytical approach (Ti), however, your feelings can counter a rational decision, which causes some conflict. Also, you mentions your friends perceive you as "nice/friendly" and you wanted to make your parent's happy with a career choice....Hence, you likely have Fe usage which would imply Ti/Fe conflict....Further, decisiveness tends to be a function of extroversion, particular Te usage, which i don't observe....By these assertion, we are left with two possibilities: INFJ or ISFJ....By (*), you are more likely ISFJ (Si > Fe > Ti > Ne) relative to INFJ (Ni > Fe > Ti > Ne), however, perhaps your fear is due to the over stimulation of new environmental conditions, which would imply inferior Se. There seems to be a contradiction though....you mention disliking routine (daily life) yet you dislike changing schedules (abiding by same schedule is routine based)....I'm assuming you meant personal interests....Now, routine tends to be associated with high Si users because they slowly internalize past environmental factors (via association) in a database like assembling a puzzle (each piece is an environmental circumstance)....Thus, Si users will rely heavily on keeping the puzzle intact...meaning they do not want rapid change to their routine unless they can build a positive association...Otherwise, the piece won't fit. You do seem to have a good imagination and can find meaning within symbolism, which is associated with Ni usage. It's hard to pinpoint exactly, so you can answer the following questions to hopefully reach a conclusion..I hope that I clarified certain areas to help you solidify your type.Now, do you think catastrophically in regards to change and form negative consequences/scenarios in your mind that are highly improbable? If so, then I'd say you are ISFJ.....Or, do you unconsciously form patterns/associations within your mind through introspection/deep analysis that causes you to form immediate insights that are consciously inconclusive in the immediate present....If so, I'd say you are an INFJ. I do think inferior Se could cause one to panic within a changing environment only if there exists too much stimulus. otherwise, panic according to a changing circumstances relating to divergence from a particular habit/routine would imply inferior Ne.
Oh, I'm sorry! Let me explain the contradiction: I usually feel better when I know what's gonna happen, I like to have a well planned schedule to reduce the risk of taking spontaneous decisions since I'm very afraid of taking them. Yet the previous year I used to do nothing but go to school and study and only SOMETIMES go out with friends and it was killing me. I couldn't stand the routine without doing something that I really enjoy even though I knew school is important and I had to concentrate on studying. Something like 'pleasure over work' attitude, and also I found myself to procrastinate really a lot. Like, really really.
Also, since you talked about forming negative scenarios or patterns, I am definitely not. Like, for my whole life I, like every other person, have hoped for stuff and got disappointed. A lot of people have this attitude that if you don't hope for things, you won't be disappointed later. I clearly don't this - even when the posibility of something good happening, I still think of it as if it was the only option. I just forget that something can go wrong. And when I get disappointed, it doesn't stop me from repeating that process later, so I'd say I'm quite optimistic over realistic or pesimistic! :)
Thank you for this deep analysis, I appreciate it a lot!! :')

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Whatever it is, it’s a BIG personality... ha ha get it :)

hailey_parsons

MBTI Type
INFP
Defineatly and IXFJ for sure but I cant be sure if you are a N or S. One of the ways where I find it easy to determine a N from a S is they often day dream a lot. So did you ever day dream lot growing up or did you find yourself stuck in your own little world.