• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Is this related to my inferior function?

hurl3y4456

MBTI Type
SINE
I've been told I can be "pessimistic" at times. I don't make these connections necessarily under stress, so perhaps, it's not a manifestation of my inferior function. Here's an example of my line of reasoning to why depression and polygamy are going to increase in the future...
The implication starts with the birth of the cosmetic industry and social media....It can be observed that society as a whole is becoming more "ego" driven as a consequence of validation (think snap-chat, Instagram, twitter, exc). Also, female attraction is being skewed upward due to the cosmetic industry (make-up). Hence, there will exists more relational options than in the past. Of course, population has a control on this factor as well, but it's increasing proportionally. Thus, there exists a higher drive to seek validation, which may be the reason more females are "exposing skin" relative to the past. Another reason for this is the increase in testosterone levels of females. The opposite effect is happening to men (increase in estrogen). Testosterone levels are increasing partly due to "pesticides" and other toxins in our food supply, which is a burden for the liver (balances hormones). But since appearance is of high demand in modern society, it follows that more males and females will "watch" their diet and exercise more frequently. This would mitigate the transitioning of hormones, so that point is not fully valid. Also, alcohol consumption will most likely increase... Think of the following situation: Suppose, someone takes drug X each day in the same quantity to increase neurotransmitter output. Over time, this person will need to increase the dosage to yield the same effect. This is a consequence a rebound effect in neurotransmitters. That is, the receptors will de-sensitize to achieve equilibrium state. This is because the body senses "too much" output from external sources, so it causes the receptors to be more resistant to the effect of the drug to normalize the body. The same factor could occur with our addiction to seek validation....so, social media becomes a avenue for increased neurotransmitter production, namely dopamine. Now, we become used to this effect, but what happens as we age....of course, attraction eventually diminishes with age...hence, there will be less validation. Therefore, we may seek other avenues such as alcohol to get the "same" boost as in the past. Also, more people are clearly resorted to alcohol than in the past for the following reasons: competition, higher expectations, more toxins in water supply, more stimulus to build insecurities, exc....Therefore, since alcohol abuse can negatively effect the messaging between neurotransmitters, which implies that you will need more supply to induce the same effect...it will follow that more alcohol will (most likely) be consumed to compensate.
Now, the potential reason polygamy will increase is because if females have more options, they can raise the bar in regards to standards. This will inevitably push males to either exercise harder, take performance enhancing drugs, exc. to compete. Of course, not all males will be driven for these superficial reasons. Also, the cosmetic industry is increasing female demand....so, it will be more likely that females will cheat (more options + static temptation = higher likelihood to cheat) in future. Conversely, if more males take performance enhancing drugs (seek validation), then they will be more likely to cheat as well (more options + higher sex drive + static temptation = higher likelihood to cheat).

René

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Damn that's deep. And much. But yeah, I am also very pessimistic, not only at times, but constantly. I tend to worry about global things, like climate change or capitalism, though. For me I think it's more an Ne thing, but since the inferior function is considered the fearful one, those thoughts can happen,and if I think about it that way, it makes sense that my worries are often driven over scientifical or systemical stuff since I'm an Te inferior. Don't know your type, but if you're an Fe inferior type like INTP, those fears would fit in your hypothesis, from what I interpret in all these things.