User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    SINE

Default Which MBTI Type tends to excel at pure mathematics

I always had an interest in "pure" mathematics relative to "applied." I just enjoyed solving proofs in a unique original way instead of resorting to sources of information to attain the answer. I liked how there were multiple ways to arrive at a sound conclusion. On one instance, I created a way to solve a typology problem prior to a midterm and ended up using it on the exam, which I knew was a risk. I also tried solving the "Goldbach conjecture" as a mathematics major, and spent an entire week trying to tackle it. My mom mentioned that I was very insensitive during that period. I never intended to be, however, I was very unaware of my environment at the time. I ended up creating some algorithm to solve for the set of all non-prime integers. I also created many "non practical" equations during that time, one of which was vedic multiplication. I do not intend to sound narcissistic via this post...I just want to emphasize my strengths. My weaknesses include poor attention to detail, lack of formatting research papers in the correct manner, lack of common sense, and indecisiveness. I believe if someone that has an interest in Mathematics coupled with an inquisitive mind, will sought after novel discoveries for its own sake. Utilizing creativity expends energy and can halt academic performance....hence, a lot of people who aren't inclined to use creativity will resort to conventional methods. Lately, I have been doubtful of my type...I always obtain "INTP" for my result, however, I am quite indecisive regarding my preferences. I have narrowed down the possibilities to either INTP, ISTP, or ISTJ. Also, I am quite adept at making predictions based on patterns/trends, and do tend to have emotional outbreaks at times. I can be "pessimistic" at times since I tend to analyze issues deeply...For instance, I believe the cosmetic industry is going to contribute to higher incidence of alcohol abuse and polygamy. I also tend to ignore females if they get emotionally "close" to me.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sp
    Socionics
    LIE Te

ESTJs according to functions are best mathematicians but theory and reality are two different things.

I believe if someone that has an interest in Mathematics coupled with an inquisitive mind
    Opposite. Realistic.

My weaknesses include poor attention to detail, lack of formatting research papers in the correct manner, lack of common sense, and indecisiveness.

ENFP.

I do not intend to sound narcissistic via this post...

Narcissistic ENFP --> ESFP

believe the cosmetic industry is going to contribute to higher incidence of alcohol abuse and polygamy.
    True Neutral 8 1 6 3 7 5 Teexcellent>Niexcellent>Figood>Tigood>>>>Siaverage>Fe unused
    The most sacred of the duties of a government [is] to do equal and impartial justice to all its citizens." --Thomas Jefferson
    ===Logical Crusader===

Dail [or Daer] ú-[o] chyn [or fyn/thyn] [?] Ú-danno i failad a thi; an úben tannatha le failad.

MBTI
    SINE

Well, I don't really consider people's feelings, however, I can tell their emotions through their behavior patterns. I'm spend a lot of alone time internally thinking about an idea or theoretical problem to solve, especially for graduate research. I highly doubt I am a feeler....I have met feelers, and they tend to show thoughtfulness and empathy. Pure mathematics requires strong logic at it's core...it's very similar to philosophy although symbolic in its approach. Feelers could very well excel in pure mathematics but I do not know how you reasoned that an estp would be an ideal mathematician (maybe decent at practical math). All your conclusions are opinionated....I wanted a reasoned response. MBTI is a theory, hence, you cannot determine types be stating a narcissist is a sensor. I'm sure intuitive can be narcissists, especially cerebral narcissists.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sp
    Socionics
    LIE Te

Well, I don't really consider people's feelings
    ESFP is low empathetic people and can be high egocentric unlike ENFP. They also have high narcissistic view of themselves.
    They also tend to shut down their Fi and go whatever is their mind and what they enjoy to do. So they practically use Se-Te branch instead Se-Fi.

I'm sure intuitive can be narcissists, especially cerebral narcissists.
    Yes ESFP's mirror INTJ

Temperament
    IJ - Controlling logical (like Capricorn)
    IP - Implosive emotional (like Scorpio)
    EJ - Explosive emotional (like Leo)
    EP - Shallow logical (like Gemini)
    True Neutral 8 1 6 3 7 5 Teexcellent>Niexcellent>Figood>Tigood>>>>Siaverage>Fe unused
    The most sacred of the duties of a government [is] to do equal and impartial justice to all its citizens." --Thomas Jefferson
    ===Logical Crusader===

Dail [or Daer] ú-[o] chyn [or fyn/thyn] [?] Ú-danno i failad a thi; an úben tannatha le failad.

MBTI
    SINE

The esfp function stack is SE > FI > TE > NI.
    I am definitely not Se dominant as I struggle to focus on visual details or minute details in the environment. I am constantly misplacing things such as keys, pens, exc. I rarely go out for sensation seeking. Also, I am very clumsy and never was adept at sports or hands on activity. Why do you state esfp without any logical basis aside from a few words that I mentioned such as "narcissist." Just because I mentioned it, doesn't imply that I am egocentric. I never get on social media such as Facebook, Instagram, or snap-chat. I never think anyone is less intellect than I am or see myself as superior in any regard. Everyone has strengths and weaknesses, and intelligence is not quantifiable. It is composed of many facets, and everyone displays a unique subset of the broader range of intelligence as a whole.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sp
    Socionics
    LIE Te

Lack of organization inf Si or inf Ni.

Te is obvious but I don't want to mention it.

ENFP.

believe the cosmetic industry is going to contribute to higher incidence of alcohol abuse and polygamy.
    ===Logical Crusader===

MBTI
    SINE

I don't know, maybe you're correct about esfp. My strongest skill in terms of research is pattern recognition, or finding patterns within data to create predictions. I do have various weaknesses, namely, taking forever to compile a text and poor social skills.

MBTI
    iNtP
    Enneagram
    954 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ili Ni

i have no idea about the trends, but the best at it i can think of meeting was an istp...
    "If you're honest, you sooner or later have to confront your values. Then you're forced to separate what is right from what is merely legal. This puts you metaphysically on the run. America is full of metaphysical outlaws."

"I remain someone of little consequence, as if nothing more than dandelion fluff caught on a breeze."

MBTI
    SINE

hmm maybe...Although I am not skilled with mechanical work or fixing things, which I know are just stereotypes. I was more drawn towards theory than practical matters, which contradicts Se secondary. I will note that my worst subject in college was mineralogy where we had to identify minerals within a rock. I could not focus on the small details competently relative to others, and I failed miserably on the lab exam. I was also horrible with anatomy where we had to identify the names of dissected organs. I can, however, come up with multiple ideas that follow a realistic approach. For instance, I want to study the convective effects of wind on a heated concrete slab. I know that wind is never sustained in reality, and rather follows a random scattered function. Therefore, I came to the conclusion that it would be useful to study the rebound effect of wind. That is, apply wind directed towards the slab according to a frequency. By altering the frequency, a rebound map can be created to possibly predict the steady-state temperature within a heated slab exposed to wind within a range. I think I utilize Te since I use data to deductively make an assumption or arrive at a conclusion. One thing I noticed that when I write technical reports, I find inconsistencies in my logic multiple times and have to constantly send my adviser updates.

Quote Originally Posted by Norexan View Post
    ESFP is low empathetic people and can be high egocentric unlike ENFP. They also have high narcissistic view of themselves.
    They also tend to shut down their Fi and go whatever is their mind and what they enjoy to do. So they practically use Se-Te branch instead Se-Fi.

Yes ESFP's mirror INTJ

Temperament
    IJ - Controlling logical (like Capricorn)
    IP - Implosive emotional (like Scorpio)
    EJ - Explosive emotional (like Leo)
    EP - Shallow logical (like Gemini)
    Where are you pulling the descriptions for the temperaments from since they don't align with the description from the four temperaments?