• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

i'm new! and i'm pretty sure of my mbti, but uncertain about my enneagram

ek46

Hi! so i am a new user here and I am pretty sure of my mbti type but i'm not so sure of my enneagram type or tritype (that stuff gets kind of confusing lol...) I don't say what I think my type is because i don't wanna have a bias put into this buuuut here we go!

1. Is there anything that may affect the way you answer the questions? For example, a stressful time, mental illness, medications, special life circumstances? Other useful information includes sex, age, and current state of mind.

Currently i'm in my first semester of college and it's kind of stressful but i enjoy the newfound freedom i get lol. I have dealt with severe depression and anxiety in the past but right now I'm feeling ok and a little nervous but optimistic. I am a male and I'm 18.

2. Study these two images here and here. Which one do you prefer and why? How would you describe it?

I can't post a link so my answer may not be that helpful but one image was like a beach and ocean at night with the stars showing and a bunch of pretty flares, and the other was of a woman sitting down eating croissants with an earthly tone filter. I like the first one the best because it gives me such a relaxing and otherworldly vibe, the stars just fill me with wonder and i happen to think that water is the best element of nature because of how it can look beautiful no matter what people do to it. (and it's good for you lol)

3. Please describe yourself as a person if you were to introduce yourself to someone else like in a cover letter. What kind of person are you and why?

I would say that i am a friendly, creative, and enthusiastic person. I always like to treat everyone who I respect nicely, I write poems and rap as a creative outlet, and unless i'm depressed i love going out and experiencing new things. Also people say that I'm funny (although usually i'm not trying to be, if i do then i end up being less funny) People who know me well say that I also have very scatterbrained tendencies.

4. What kind of person would you LIKE to be? Why? What kind of person would you NOT want to be? Why?

I would like to be a little more bold and outgoing, those types of people inspire me sooo much and i love people who aren't afraid to do their own thing (as long as it's not morally abhorrent) and be themselves. I would also like to have a little more of an ability to follow through on projects and not rush at the last minute. The type of person that I wouldn't want to be is the person who is so close minded and judges everyone for everything all the time (unless its like being a rapist or something) because everyone has their own stories and their own reasons for doing what they do, and I feel like nowadays people forget that others can change and don't stay the same all the time.

5. Do you think there are any differences to how you described yourself and how people actually perceive you? How do you think others would describe you? If there are any discrepancies between these two that are you are aware of; do you know why exactly that is?

I think that i give off an impression that i'm kind of aloof when i first meet someone, but with time they see my full personality if i get the right vibes from them.

6. What in life do you find to be of importance? Why? If you are unsure you can always take the Value Test and post the results here. Do note that it helps if you narrow it down to 20 or ideally 10 values as suggested at stage 2.

umm i've never taken the test and i don't really want to but some things that are important to me are
-respect
-equality
-humor
-individuality
-compassion
-freedom
-exploration
-creativity
-happiness
-honesty

7. How do you react to new situations in your life? Can you describe an event in your life where you were in an unknown situation? How did you deal with it?

when presented with an unknown situation my reaction honestly depends on what the situation is. i'll be open to letting the situation take its course but if things go south i can get very worried, however if it doesn't then i'll have an awesome time. idk i feel like there can be many types of unknown situations so this question seems too vague to me.

8. Please describe yourself when you are in a stressful situation. How do you act and why? Real life experiences are welcome.

if it has anything to do with an interpersonal relationship then i want to get it solved as soon as possible and get really nervous, but once it's done im fine. however if it ends up having a negative outcome then i get reallly sad and cry and isolate myself from everyone. I can only talk to people i really trust about the specifics, otherwise i don't let anyone in.

9. Please describe yourself when you are in an enjoyable situation. How do you act and why? Real life experiences are welcome.

i usually act very excitable and enthusiasitc in enjoyable situations, when i'm with my friends and family i can have a little bit of a teasing and trolling side to me that comes out. i get very expressive and i'm told i talk with my hands and move around the room alot when i talk to people. I also feel very good if i finished something that was important to me, like writing a song or if i went and worked out, and in those scenarios it's like i can feel the joy rushing through me. I also love exploring different places and if i get taken somewhere like a museum or an aquarium or an amusement par, i'd want to see every exhibit/ride.

10. Describe your relationship to socialization. How do you perceive one-on-one interaction? How do you perceive group interaction?

i can be kind of shy when i first meet someone and while i think i can make accquaintance with people easily, making deeper connections is a little harder. once i get the general vibe of someone i can show my friendly and funny side easily, but it takes alot to get me to trust you to the point where i can talk about my deep feelings on things (however on social media and in my music i'm an open book so this miiiight be hypocritical) if it's just a surface level conversation or if i'm out doing something fun and exciting, i prefer groups (not insanely huge ones tho) but if i'm talking about one of the aforementioned deep feelings i'd prefer for it to be one on one.

11. Describe your relationship to society. What are the elements of it you hold important or unimportant (e.g. social norms, values, customs, traditions)? How do you see people as a whole?

i see people as generally good, and sometimes it's to a fault because i used to have a problem where i saw more people as just automatically better than me. even if someone is bad, i'm usually very forgiving, sometimes i think that i get to a point where i can cut someone off for good, but if they show that they can change i usually go back. i think that challenging social norms is a very good thing and is a thing that needs to happen if we want the world to progress, and even if i don't agree with you, we can still have a conversation.

12. Describe your relationship to authority. How do you perceive authority? What does it mean to you, and how do you deal with it?

i used to be a huuge stickler for rules as a little kid, but now i only follow rules if i think that they make sense to me. i don't like making people mad so i'll try and bring it up with the authority, and sometimes i still follow the rules anyway because it's too much of a hassle to bring it up, but if it doesn't make sense to me i usually won't do it or will be irritated if i do

13. Describe your relationship to order and chaos. What do order and chaos mean to you? How do they manifest in your daily life?

both order and chaos have their good and bad sides imo. order i tend to associate with organization (not my strong suit) but also kind of a sense of boredom and stangation. however, i associate chaos with improvisation, and freedom, but also anxiety. I think that ideally, ii would have a balance between order and chaos, but realistically i'm probably more in the chaos side. Chaos sounds like a completely negative word but it has its perks. I'm not very organized, and i have a general idea of what i want to accomplish daily, but i don't actually plan it out step by step and i kind of just go with the flow and where my heart and brain take me.

14. What is it that you fear in life? Why? How does this fear manifest to you both in how you think and how you act?

my 2 major fears are being completely alone and disappointing the people i care about the most. I think that those fears manifest in me only liking being alone for like a day before starting to get sad, and in me being a huuuge people pleaser for parts of my life. I think that these fears started because when i was a kid i'd be made fun of all the time for being awkward and so i became really shy for a bit and for a while had no friends at all, and then my fear of disappointing people comes from not wanting to make people mad but still wanting to be myself, and it doesn't help that for a while i was in a few emotionally abusive situations (they're solved now don't worry)

15. What is it that you desire in life? What do you strive to achieve? Why? Where do you think these drives and desires stem from or are inspired by?

i desire to make an impact on other people and to improve other's lives. i don't know what exactly i want to do for a career, but the best case scenario would be if my music blew up lol. other paths i've considered are becoming a counselor to help others, or going into marketing so i could use my energy to make ads. i considered going into advocacy and politics and while i'll always be an advocate for causes that i believe in, politics gets ugly and hateful very quickly and that environment isn't for me. I guess that my desires come from seeing just how bad people's situations can be in life and wanting to either help fix the situations, or inspire someone who will.

16. a) What activities energize you most? b) What activities drain you most? Why?

I'm energized by talking with my friends, writing, exploring, biking, reading random things on the internet, listening to music, and good tv.

I'm drained by hateful people, people who are too loud, being constrained, and doing things i think are pointless

Thanks for reading this far!

Stepan

I don't know anything about enneagram, but I did try to type you. I got an Fe vibe from you, this would also indicate Ti (which I couldn't really tell based on your answers). You also seem Se to me, which would also indicate the presence of Ni. I can't realy tell the order of the functions but I think you're an introvert so are you either an INFJ or ISTP. Or did I got it completely wrong :D?

BlueScreen

Fail 2.0
MBTI Type
YMCA
I would've guessed a clear ESFP for MBTI, connection to senses and experience seemed pretty strong, as well as the draw to integrity and improving the world. All round one of my favourite types.

Real life ESFPs are often are far less spontaneous and extroverted than the web descriptions. Actually, the ESFP web descriptions tend to suck and be pretty one dimensional. Most ESFPs are pretty complex and well considered, as you'd expect from someone with strong personal values and a good eye for detail in their surroundings. They often love the action of sport and the moment, but are also drawn to quieter reflective things like music, art, reading, walks in the forest and yoga. Few of the ESFPs I know go clubbing, and most would prefer nature instead or something more personal like a BBQ or a picnic where they can chat and play sport.

Not that great with enneagrams, but maybe 7w6. A bit of a loyal idealistic adventurer. 7w6s seem to have a few more hang ups than 7w8s who can be a bit more freely entrepreneurial. Type 2 is also common for ESFPs.

ek46

hmmm the results are kind of interesting, and they're different than when i used a video. on the other website i couldn't post a link since i am a new user but let me try it here YouTube

BlueScreen

Fail 2.0
MBTI Type
YMCA
hmmm the results are kind of interesting, and they're different than when i used a video. on the other website i couldn't post a link since i am a new user but let me try it here YouTube
I'm guessing ESFP from your video too. However, you'll be the best judge. If you want to differentiate between ESFP and ENFP (maybe ENTP), ask yourself about how you approach things. Do you hesitate and theorise a lot before doing anything (ENFP) or do you go do it (ESFP) (ignoring anxiety as a factor)? Do you like abstract theory, considering possible consequences, asking why all the time, etc (ENFP) or would you rather get on with doing things and analyse more realistic or grounded topics (ESFP)?

Out of interest, what is your major at college? What draws you to it?

Some food for thought:
How To Tell The Difference Between An ENFP And An ESFP | Thought Catalog