• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Can someone help me determine my type?

Allyrianne

Hi everyone!

I tried posting a long article here but it keeps getting denied. I posted it on reddit, and here's the link:

Help me determine my type

I hope someone can provide an in-depth analysis on it.

Thank you, and have a nice day!

Also, I'm sorry if this is a duplicate post. I posted the other one on the MBTI main forum and it was wrong, and for some reasons, I couldn't delete it.

Stepan

To me you come off as a textbook INFP. Especially the part about looking up places that make you comfortable and gave you good memories seems like an Fi and Si thing.
Also that part about saying honest thigs and then getting ignored, that's definitely something an introverted feeler would say. Somebody typed you as an ESFJ on Reddit, he probably was confused because INFP's (from what I've read) have an ESTJ subconscious.
I always say that I'm not good at typing people. But I'm fairly sure that you're an INFP. I hope someone more qualified than me will come and type you, and hopefully agree with what I'm saying. That would probably satisfy your Te-function as well.

René

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Yup, textbook INFP. This lyrical eruption let's me question my own INFP-ness.

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
To me you come off as a textbook INFP. Especially the part about looking up places that make you comfortable and gave you good memories seems like an Fi and Si thing.
Also that part about saying honest thigs and then getting ignored, that's definitely something an introverted feeler would say. Somebody typed you as an ESFJ on Reddit, he probably was confused because INFP's (from what I've read) have an ESTJ subconscious.
I always say that I'm not good at typing people. But I'm fairly sure that you're an INFP. I hope someone more qualified than me will come and type you, and hopefully agree with what I'm saying. That would probably satisfy your Te-function as well.

Agreed, with the exception that I'm not sure if they're an INFP or ENFP.

"a myriad of memory fragments attempting to describe and define something I've always been uncertain of about myself." - something about calling it a "myriad of memory fragments" makes me think you're talking about Si here. I can't relate to such a description.

"It would mean the world to me if you could spare a fraction of your day's time to help me paint a clearer picture of my person, to shed light to what seems vaguely defined yet something I've always been cognizant of, all my life." - the way you're trying to define yourself suggested Fi to me, and you're calling on the extroverted judgement of others.

Again, your focus on memories suggests Si - so much so that I would speculate that you may be overusing Si.

If you were, this would explain some of the reservation if you do happen to be an ENFP, as well as Ne dominant types generally being regarded as more typically introverted than other extroverts.

You don't listen to music that people you don't like listen to. I do listen to music that people I like listen to. Fi is a negative value judgement process, Fe is a positive value judgement process. So, whereas I use Fe consciously, you are likely using Fi consciously.

Sometimes you get too logical - something that is more likely to be said by an ENFP than an INFP.

Also, the eloquent way that you write is more suggestive (to me) of an ENFP rather than an INFP. IxxP types have the most trouble with articulating their thoughts.

The overall vibe I got was of an ENFP, rather than an INFP. However I won't rule the latter out.