• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Which type am I?

Clintonsmithh

I took the MBTI test about 6 times. I've gotten ENFP 3 times, ENTP 2 times, and ISFP 1 time (yes i see the countdown too) I've delved deep into this personality type for a very long time since 9th grade (I'm in 11th now) and it's usually on my mind a lot (sometimes I can usually get it out of there) but I don't really want to ya know? It's as if in the back of my head I have to figure it all out. I read up on all the cognitive functions and watched most of DaveSuperPowers where he actually explains everything instead making it all surface level like the other sites do. I was fine with believing I was an ENFP for a while (9th to the middle of 10th) and I can't remember everything but I just got really into it again.. Summer came along and I stayed home for all of it not really talking to anybody outside of all my friends I have on Xbox (which is a good amount) and I don't know if I'm more Introveted than I like to think I am because of that.. I'd usually love to go out and hang out with people but I babysit most of the days, but still. Could that really be the reason I don't hang out with people outside of school? I love people I always have but I get in this like state of maybe depression? Where I just don't think I'm good with people and it's all an act.. I'm scared that I'm an INFP or an ISFP because that changes everything.. I talked to people about this stuff and most say that I'm an extrovert (I didn't just ask people on my Xbox) I talked to my mom, my bestfriends, my online friends, etc. They all said I'm extroverted.. One said that I'm an ESFP but he doesn't really get into the personality stuff as much as I do (also he's an ESFP so he might like the idea that we have the same personality type also me and him have always clicked as friends) I have no idea what I am still I don't mind talking about what's going on in the present but I usually talk about the future (without realizing it) I just need someone who knows how to help with my scattered thoughts like an ISTJ because you know.. if I am an ENFP the ISTJ could just organize everything for me 😂. Also I've been trying to see characters in movies that I relate to and seeing if I'm more like them after looking up their personality types and I always relate to people like BoJack Horseman, Chandler Bing, and Jim from the office but that could just be me wanting to be an ENTP because I enjoy how funny they are and relate to their sense of humour (BoJack Horseman is an all time favorite of mine since most of the things he ask or figures out are the same things I've thought of) anyways yeah. HELP ME 😂😅

Clintonsmithh

I just got INFJ on the test given to me by the Batman guy but I don't exactly think that's me... My mom is an INFJ and I see what she does for certain reasons and it kind of pisses me off and sometimes I've done the same things but for different reasons also her overlook on most things are not good to me.. I don't know the Ni at the start and then Se at the bottom don't seem like something that I'd have, when it looks like I'm using Ni I think it's my Ne and Fi working or my Ne and Ti working

BlueScreen

Fail 2.0
MBTI Type
YMCA
Also I've been trying to see characters in movies that I relate to and seeing if I'm more like them after looking up their personality types and I always relate to people like BoJack Horseman, Chandler Bing, and Jim from the office but that could just be me wanting to be an ENTP because I enjoy how funny they are and relate to their sense of humour (BoJack Horseman is an all time favorite of mine since most of the things he ask or figures out are the same things I've thought of) anyways yeah. HELP ME 😂😅
I'm ENFP and never once wished I was ENTP. Still I'm not sure if that counts for much or is just a nice anecdote 😄

Clintonsmithh

I'm ENFP and never once wished I was ENTP. Still I'm not sure if that counts for much or is just a nice anecdote 😄
Well either way it's nice to meet another ENFP that could probably talk to me about how they think about life. What thoughts consume you most of the day and why? How do you think you use your cognitive functions? How many friends do you have? Do you talk a lot or? Answer these questions and give me anymore information that you'd think help me figure out if I relate to an ENFP. ☺️

BlueScreen

Fail 2.0
MBTI Type
YMCA
Well either way it's nice to meet another ENFP that could probably talk to me about how they think about life. What thoughts consume you most of the day and why? How do you think you use your cognitive functions? How many friends do you have? Do you talk a lot or? Answer these questions and give me anymore information that you'd think help me figure out if I relate to an ENFP. ☺️
I think about anything and everything. There's a drive to question and understand everything, and figure out why it matters/where it fits/what's really going on. This includes things people take for granted and would say are silly to question, things that are taboo, really if anything is interesting there's a drive to dig deeper. I'm very contextual, as in never stepping in the same river twice. I'm guessing ENTPs share a lot of this too.

One thing that may be different is the idealistic approach to the understanding. There's a perfectionism about it and a drive to relate to things and see their essence. My Dad is INTP and says my last step in problem solving is not scientific. I don't want to just understand the system and solve the problem, I want to see the system in its perfect form (what it could be). This sort of artistic drive to move things toward an idea of perfection influences most things. Even if I clean the house (not something I'm usually routine about), I'll often focus on what changes have the most effect to make it look clean (rather than take a routine/normal approach).

I think very visually and aurally. Like in my head I explore the systems and consequences, hear what I'm writing, hear songs play, etc. When approaching a situation there's an awareness of what might happen and consequences of actions. In a science system, it will be more like "if that electron hits that what might happen?" There isn't a huge amount of logical thinking (even though I was the only person in my year at school to ace the logic test we took). I understand logic, but I rarely consciously use it. Things just fall out of seeing systems and consequences. I get a feeling about where is important to look in the system, see the possible outcomes and then know where/when the system closes and is complete. If I'm not seeing it, then I search for information to help me see it. Many ENFPs didn't study engineering and physics so might be less scientific or across understanding of science from a young age, but I've still read it's typical for ENFPs to handle logic and complex systems well by using intuition to see the answer then work down to the details.

Socially, I'm a mix of introvert and extrovert. In some situations I want to escape for my own time, in others I want to talk lots. For example, I talk a lot in work meetings and would never sit quietly. I can be shy sometimes. When I was younger I always knew a lot of people, but had a group of closer friends. I'd tend to know people across a very broad range of groups at school rather than fit one. Like some were in sporty groups, some in rebellious or countercultural groups, some in mathsy sciency groups, etc. I was always uncomfortable with any bullying of people, and tried to move things away from it subtly rather than directly intervene. I tend to accept everyone as equals and let the sporting skill, intelligence, etc. live in a separate domain rather than be a value or importance thing. I also am happy with info from any source and I don't really accept a theory unless I get it and understand it myself to a certain extent anyway. You can get ideas and learn from anyone even by seeing how stupidly wrong they are. I believe ENTPs might dismiss certain sources more often and trust certain sources more. But I might be wrong. At the same time, if I know or feel something is BS based on my understanding of the world, I might not give it much credit and be a bit dismissive. And context still matters. For example, if some drunk guy on the street tells me he has a message from God, I might listen for entertainment and maybe even wonder why he says what he says, but divine intervention will be low on my list of explanations.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I took the MBTI test about 6 times. I've gotten ENFP 3 times, ENTP 2 times, and ISFP 1 time (yes i see the countdown too) I've delved deep into this personality type for a very long time since 9th grade (I'm in 11th now) and it's usually on my mind a lot (sometimes I can usually get it out of there) but I don't really want to ya know? It's as if in the back of my head I have to figure it all out. I read up on all the cognitive functions and watched most of DaveSuperPowers where he actually explains everything instead making it all surface level like the other sites do. I was fine with believing I was an ENFP for a while (9th to the middle of 10th) and I can't remember everything but I just got really into it again.. Summer came along and I stayed home for all of it not really talking to anybody outside of all my friends I have on Xbox (which is a good amount) and I don't know if I'm more Introveted than I like to think I am because of that.. I'd usually love to go out and hang out with people but I babysit most of the days, but still. Could that really be the reason I don't hang out with people outside of school? I love people I always have but I get in this like state of maybe depression? Where I just don't think I'm good with people and it's all an act.. I'm scared that I'm an INFP or an ISFP because that changes everything.. I talked to people about this stuff and most say that I'm an extrovert (I didn't just ask people on my Xbox) I talked to my mom, my bestfriends, my online friends, etc. They all said I'm extroverted.. One said that I'm an ESFP but he doesn't really get into the personality stuff as much as I do (also he's an ESFP so he might like the idea that we have the same personality type also me and him have always clicked as friends) I have no idea what I am still I don't mind talking about what's going on in the present but I usually talk about the future (without realizing it) I just need someone who knows how to help with my scattered thoughts like an ISTJ because you know.. if I am an ENFP the ISTJ could just organize everything for me 😂. Also I've been trying to see characters in movies that I relate to and seeing if I'm more like them after looking up their personality types and I always relate to people like BoJack Horseman, Chandler Bing, and Jim from the office but that could just be me wanting to be an ENTP because I enjoy how funny they are and relate to their sense of humour (BoJack Horseman is an all time favorite of mine since most of the things he ask or figures out are the same things I've thought of) anyways yeah. HELP ME 😂😅
Actually, what type you are changes nothing. More specifically, it doesn't change you. You are still you, with all your strengths and weaknesses, quirks, talents, values, preferences, thought processes, and everything else. Don't get hung up on labels. It is good that you are digging deeper than just the results reported from some test or other, even if the "official" MBTI. Better than videos, read a couple books. I always recommend starting at the beginning with Gifts Differing written by Isabel Briggs Myers herself. It's not long, and most libraries have a copy. That explains not only how the system is supposed to categorize people, but also why - how it came about and what its purpose was/is. When it comes to personality type, it really is all about the journey, not the destination. (And if a TJ tells you that, you can take it to the bank.) It is a tool for helping you understand who you already really are, not for changing you by squeezing you into some mold that might not fit well, or for condensing the sum total of a real, live human being into a label.

Keep asking questions, reading, and reflecting, and you will get the answers you are looking for - and they won't be in the form of a four-letter type.

Dreamer

Potential is My Addiction
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram

I only jokingly wish I were an ENTP, but there are times I have wondered if I was an NT because many times it feels like I approach life much more analytically then through gut feelings but, that’s hardly a way to type. The times I DO actually wish to be another type I’ve found, is when I feel I’ve been in that analytical, head space for far too long and I feel like I’m not actually all THAT present and in touch with the world around me. In those times, ESFP can be VERY appealing to me. Or, at least due to my perception of them and a bit of idealizing, grass is greener sort of thing.
[MENTION=38050]Clintonsmithh[/MENTION], what about ENTP humor appeals to you, or in relation to the fictional characters you’ve mentioned, how do you find their humor to be different than yours? What about those situations, those scenes the characters are in when they make others in the show laugh, appeals to you?

Amberiat

Infinity
I only jokingly wish I were an ENTP, but there are times I have wondered if I was an NT because many times it feels like I approach life much more analytically then through gut feelings but, that’s hardly a way to type. The times I DO actually wish to be another type I’ve found, is when I feel I’ve been in that analytical, head space for far too long and I feel like I’m not actually all THAT present and in touch with the world around me. In those times, ESFP can be VERY appealing to me. Or, at least due to my perception of them and a bit of idealizing, grass is greener sort of thing.

[MENTION=38050]Clintonsmithh[/MENTION], what about ENTP humor appeals to you, or in relation to the fictional characters you’ve mentioned, how do you find their humor to be different than yours? What about those situations, those scenes the characters are in when they make others in the show laugh, appeals to you?

Could be strong sp instinct, personally I've always thought so/sp fit you quite well, maybe even sp/so. Sx lasts tend to be more analytical/detached regardless of their type. I also see you as a core 3(3w2 most likely) which is also more analytically oriented, just my 2 cents.