• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

ISTP or ISFP? Can't decide

Aetherialdnb

Hey all,
After taking several tests, doing research on the cognitive functions, interaction styles etc, I'm still not sure if I'm an ISTP or an ISFP. I'm leaning more towards ISTP tho.

1-what makes you angry?
Nothing really, I don't think I've ever been angry. More just pissed off or annoyed.
I can get pissed off/annoyed when people try to make me do things I don't want to do. Try to shove their beliefs down my throat. People who keep going on and on about things after they've already made their point, or take a long time before they get to the point. Loud and/or obnoxious people. I guess people in general lol.

2-what do you like/dislike most about people?
Like: When they're intelligent. Kindness to animals. Honesty. When they laugh about my jokes or things I say.
Dislike: Judgmental people. Stupid people. When they act childish and are being annoying. Grow the fuck up. long-winded people. I dislike most people in general before I even know them. Even if I just don't like their face, I tend to dislike them.

3-do you like animals? why?
Yes, I love animals. I bond with them easily. I have 4 cats and they're just a part of the family. I fucking hate animal abusers and if someone hurt my cats I'd kill them (I probably wouldn't but that's only because I'd rather not go to jail).

4-what do you like most about the favorite people in your life?
We share a similar interest. They are interested in what I do. They appreciate it when I do something for them. We can say whatever we want to each other without offending each other. (Altho, I suppose I do tend to go too far sometimes).

5-what do you like/dislike most about yourself?
Like: I'm confident. I'm good at what I enjoy doing. I can be funny as fuck. My puns are the best. I don't get stressed. I'm generally really relaxed/chill to be around with people I know well.
Dislike: I'm pretty shy. Or idk if it's shy, I just don't really initiate conversations or make the first move on a woman I'm attracted to. I'm lazy. Even tho I wanna do stuff, I'm usually too lazy to actually do it.

6-do you care about being fashionable? why/why not?
Really depends. If I'm going somewhere where there are people I might be interested in(Festivals for example) or someone in specific I'm interested in, I'll do my best to dress decently. If I'm at home, or going to the store or something, It's all about comfort (Sweatpants and a shirt or baggy sweater)

7-do you prefer to fit in or stand out?
Stand out. I'm being myself and I couldn't care less if you like it or not.

8-what activities do you enjoy?
Producing music (My main thing, and hopefully some day I'll be able to make a living off of it, altho I doubt it with todays music industry) Gaming, Watching series, Traveling and sightseeing, I think I'd enjoy adventurous things like skydiving(eventho I'm afraid of heights, it still seems fun to me) Canyoning, stuff like that. Never tried it tho but I definitely want to. Driving(fast),

9-what makes you feel secure?
Being by myself in my room. My parents I suppose. Losing them is one of my biggest fears and I honestly wouldn't know what to do.

10-do you like being in a relationship? why/why not?
It depends on who I'm in a relationship with. Most, if not all, of my relationships started out positive and became negative very quickly.(Being taken advantage of and not caring about it because I didn't want to lose them no matter what) I tend to attract people with mental health issues for some reason. Maybe because I have a tendency of wanting to fix people, I don't know. I think I used to have and maybe still have a saviour comples. But only for women I'm attracted to. I do crave a good relationship tho tbh. Someone I can love, someone who loves me too, someone who actually gives a fuck, someone who appreciates me and what I do for them. Also because of the physical stuff. And I really like hugs lmao(From women I'm attracted to).

11-what do you love and why? Could be people, things, places, etc...
Traveling(Because things are different than at home. There are things to do and see that I can't do or see here. I prefer traveling alone because then I can do whatever I want, whenever I want) Producing music (Because I like creating something I enjoy, Because I'm good at it, Because it feels nice when people are saying good things about my music which also gives me an egoboost)

12-what do you spend the most time thinking about?
Hmm, I usually think about the stuff that's relevant to me at that moment. For example, right now I'm thinking a lot about personality types, which type I really am etc. Last night in bed while I was trying to sleep, my mind was like "ISTP, am I an ISTP? Maybe I'm an ISFP, but I lean more towards ISTP. Se Aux. Hi, I'm Josh, I'm an ENTJ. Who is Josh. Hmm, INTP? Definitely ISTP etc etc etc. It's really fucking annoying lol.

13-How much have you changed over the years? Who were you as a child?
I'm not sure really. I have a bad memory and I don't really remember much of my childhood lol. I know I was very hyper and talked a lot tho. The opposite of now. Now I'm the most quiet person around.

If you have any other questions, please ask!

Edit: I just realised I tend to edit my posts when I see a spelling error every time lol, which I just did.