• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What am I?

Huhu

I don't really know what is my mbti type. First at all, I was sure to be an ENTP but I've heard that a lot of people were mistyped, so I decided to do a test on the website Jung test typologycentral (I also wanted to see which were the functions that I used the most) :

And I had this

mbti.jpg
mbti2.jpg

So I was wondering if this test was trustworthy or not, and I also why this test typed me INTP meanwhile my strongest function is Ne...
(Btw, I don't do that much online tests because english isn't my first language that's why I always have to look for the definition of the words, which is really boring...

Amberiat

Infinity
Since there's nothing to analyze other than your test results I'll say ENTP just because your score on Ne is more than twice of your score in Ti and Fe/Si appear as equal, tests aren't usually very reliable though, focus on analyzing your own behavior and gaining a deeper understanding of the cognitive functions, researching Enneagram and Socionics can help provide even more knowledge to use in understanding your cognitive processes, try to question what the underlying motives of your behaviors are, don't just take your behavior at face value.

Just some tips, good luck.

Huhu

Since there's nothing to analyze other than your test results I'll say ENTP just because your score on Ne is more than twice of your score in Ti and Fe/Si appear as equal, tests aren't usually very reliable though, focus on analyzing your own behavior and gaining a deeper understanding of the cognitive functions, researching Enneagram and Socionics can help provide even more knowledge to use in understanding your cognitive processes, try to question what the underlying motives of your behaviors are, don't just take your behavior at face value.

Just some tips, good luck.

Thanks for the advice. I'll try to find information about cognitive functions but in french.

About the analyze, I'd like to know if I should also analyze the behaviors that I used to have during my adolescence (I'm 19).

BlueScreen

Fail 2.0
MBTI Type
YMCA
Yeah, the test results point to ENTP. Not sure why it guessed INTP.

The difference that I normally notice between the two is that INTPs are more considered, whereas ENTPs enjoy debating things on the fly. This is consistent with their primary functions too. Ti types like INTPs seem to be primarily logical, whereas Ne types like ENTP seem to be primarily about seeing patterns and possibilities.

In problem solving, INTPs I know generally tell me the answer with basic reasoning and if I disagree they tell me the logic and why that is the answer. If they think there isn't an answer they often say it's impossible. Logic seems to dictate.

On the other hand, ENTPs I know will go off on tangents and tell all the creative ideas they have about solving the system. They will engage in the discussion and throw ideas around a lot more. Also, the seemingly impossible might be more like a challenge for them to reimagine rather than a dead end.

elizabethmarie

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
It would be helpful if you could share more about your interests, values, thought-processes, etc. :)

Huhu

Yeah, the test results point to ENTP. Not sure why it guessed INTP.

The difference that I normally notice between the two is that INTPs are more considered, whereas ENTPs enjoy debating things on the fly. This is consistent with their primary functions too. Ti types like INTPs seem to be primarily logical, whereas Ne types like ENTP seem to be primarily about seeing patterns and possibilities.

In problem solving, INTPs I know generally tell me the answer with basic reasoning and if I disagree they tell me the logic and why that is the answer. If they think there isn't an answer they often say it's impossible. Logic seems to dictate.

On the other hand, ENTPs I know will go off on tangents and tell all the creative ideas they have about solving the system. They will engage in the discussion and throw ideas around a lot more. Also, the seemingly impossible might be more like a challenge for them to reimagine rather than a dead end.

Oh ok I see. Indeed, I relate much more to the ENTP description than the INTP one.

It would be helpful if you could share more about your interests, values, thought-processes, etc. :)

Well, I spend a lot of time doing searches on the subjects that interest me. Most of the time, I do it on my computer but I can also do searches on books.
I have a lot of interest so I tend to wander a lot: hard sciences, astronomy, psychology, social sciences...

My principal values are : justice, honesty, authenticity, respect, open-mindedness, accuracy, determination.
My Fe and my Ti are quite low but the difference is that my Ti is developping whereas my Fe don't. This is much worse for my Si, I probably lean on too much on my primary function.

I really enjoy of new ideas, points of view and new views.

I'm come from a practicing and conservative family : my father is an ESXJ and my mother an ISFJ. We quarrel a lot because they don't like my ideas, they think I'm going too far (for example, they reproached to me this when I was talking about the fact that we might be living in a simulation).

About my thought-processes, I think I need more time to analyse it, a lot of things changed in my life during my teenager end's period.
All I know is that I'm looking way more than before for accuracy and I'm more skeptical than before too.

I spend my time doubting about everything and asking myself existential and philosophical questions...

(Sorry for my english, english isn't my native language)

Last edited:

BlueScreen

Fail 2.0
MBTI Type
YMCA
Oh ok I see. Indeed, I relate much more to the ENTP description than the INTP one. Well, I spend a lot of time doing searches on the subjects that interest me. Most of the time, I do it on my computer but I can also do searches on books. I have a lot of interest so I tend to wander a lot: hard sciences, astronomy, psychology, social sciences... My principal values are : justice, honesty, authenticity, respect, open-mindedness, accuracy, determination. My Fe and my Ti are quite low but the difference is that my Ti is developping whereas my Fe don't. This is much worse for my Si, I probably lean on too much on my primary function. I really enjoy of new ideas, points of view and new views. I'm come from a practicing and conservative family : my father is an ESFJ and my mother an ISFJ. We quarrel a lot because they don't like my ideas, they think I'm going too far (for example, they reproached to me this when I was talking about the fact that we might be living in a simulation). About my thought-processes, I think I need more time to analyse it, a lot of things changed in my life during my teenager end's period. All I know is that I'm looking way more than before for accuracy and I'm more skeptical than before too. I spend my time doubting about everything and asking myself existential and philosophical questions... (Sorry for my english, english isn't my native language)
You seem ENTP or ENFP. Probably ENTP, but it's worthwhile ruling ENFP out because some of your values and interests are common for ENFPs.

The difference between T and F isn't what you can do, it is the motivation, why you do it and also how.

For example, give the same problem to either ENXP type and they will probably have big ideas and see the patterns, possibilities and logical solutions. But ENTPs will be happy solving things for the challenge and to make improvements or just find genius solutions. Whereas ENFPs like to improve the world and people (they are typically very aware of potential and consequences). ENTPs often read people really well and can place things about them like their background. ENFPs tend to read people (and sometimes systems) by inhabiting them (like they consider things as the other person based on the information from their intuition). If that approach seems at all familiar have a look into introverted feeling. It's often tested really badly by tests. If not, you are probably ENTP.

Huhu

ENTPs will be happy solving things for the challenge and to make improvements or just find genius solutions.

I totally recognized myself in this, I really like challenging myself by solving problems and riddles.
I also want to know how things work, for example when I was a child, I used to take objects that interested me to pieces. I also liked to study insects.

ENFPs tend to read people (and sometimes systems) by inhabiting them (like they consider things as the other person based on the information from their intuition). If that approach seems at all familiar have a look into introverted feeling. It's often tested really badly by tests. If not, you are probably ENTP.

Well, I used to think that I was an ENFP (I did the test on 16personalities.com, and I know now that it really sucks) but I understood that I wasn't one when I saw the descriptions about the feelings and thinking part. Plus, most of the time I value more thinking when I take decisions.

When I try to read people, first at all, I collect information about them by observing their behavior in differents environment, when they are or not with people, their body languague, their way to talk, their tastes and reactions. Afterwards, I try to classify pertinent information then I analyze it and I make hypothesis (I don't really like to make statements).
Then, I continue to study the person to see if I was right. Most of time, I do this when I'm bored.

The difference between T and F isn't what you can do, it is the motivation, why you do it and also how.

Ok, I see. I understand better now, thank you.

BlueScreen

Fail 2.0
MBTI Type
YMCA
You sound very ENTP and your approach to things reminds me of ENTPs that I know.