• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Type me - video and questionnaire

Retsu

MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
A type me video - long! : MbtiTypeMe

Reddit link just in case I decide to delete later.

I think I'm a TJ, leaning towards IxTJ. I also have a questionnaire that I'll format to be a bit nicer when I'm back home.

Thanks!

1) What aspect of your personality made you unsure of your type?

Hm, I suppose recently I've stopped caring about MBTI so much so I haven't stopped to question it recently, but what made me question it when I flipped a lot was sort of a need to categorise myself and a perfect explanation for my behaviours/thinking

2) What do you yearn for in life? Why?

I think I've got most of what I yearn for now, that being a comfortable life with my partner in a safer town than my home town. We have a house and can buy things that we want for the most part. I don't want to be rich and have a big house because by God it would be so expensive to maintain and all the money would go there. My overall career ambition is to be a psychotherapist because I have had issues with my own mental health and I think it's what I'm best suited for - helping others with their mental baggage.

3) Think about a time where you felt like you were at your finest. Tell us what made you feel that way.

Probably within the last year when I've been at uni for my first year. I've been getting the highest grades you can get on the counselling side of my course and doing very well on the psychology portion of it, too. I feel like I'm finally using my brain and being challenged, but I don't feel out of my depth or anything. Not yet, anyway. :p It's just nice to finally be in a situation where I can excel, when I lost three jobs in the period before because of my depression and anxiety getting the better of me and forcing me to quit them. But yeah I'd say this last year has been me at my finest just because I have made some friends and I feel in control and confident, as well as having my partner to support me.

4) What makes you feel inferior?

Probably people not listening to me when I offer sage advice, like I know someone at uni who didn't see the point in referencing "stupid journal articles" and went right past an article she could have used, had to say like five times "use that article in your essay" in the exact same tone of voice to hammer it in and I'm just like am I even worth listening to or am I just surrounded by the perpetually brain dead. It's worse when I'll tell my partner something and then he'll see it for himself and he's like "this thing has happened"Yeah I told you it happened, you don't believe me on these things"It's not that, just I've never seen it before"But I literally told you about it an hour ago

5) What tends to weigh on your decisions? (Do you think about people, pro-cons, how you feel about it, etc.)

Definitely pros and cons. I will research a lot if it's a hobby I want to get into. Like Warhammer 40k for example, my first army was a glass cannon super fast army that looked cool. Now they've had a few updates and I've read more into 40k, I'm not interested in them any more because they're too powerful and I've tried other armies that I much prefer the lore and gameplay style of.

Usually most of my decisions are hits, though. I find it hardest to make decisions based on how I'm feeling, like where to go to eat. Anything else, I often make good decisions based on external factors and what would be most efficient.

6) When working on a project what is normally your emphasis? Do you like to have control of the outcome?

Yes, I like to get it done as quickly as possible with a lot of control over how it turns out. I trust my own competency so I don't doubt it very often. I do tend to doubt others, especially if I haven't worked with them much, but I won't say as much.

7) Describe us a time where you had a lot of fun. How is your memory of it?

I've found that within the past year or so, my memories have gotten a lot worse and I find it harder to remember things on demand, which is probably for the best. However, I did have a lot of fun playing 40k with my partner the other day because it was just so down to the wire and we were both playing armies that we really enjoyed.

8) When you want to learn something new, what feels more natural for you? (Are you more prone to be hands on, to theorize, to memorize, etc)

I need to be hands on and apply it to other contexts that I find more enjoyable. When I'm learning a new game, I tend to get right into it rather than read up on the rules.

9) How organized do you to think of yourself as?

Not very. I keep the house tidy but I don't have a filing cabinet or anything for important papers. They're in a plastic bag in a drawer.

10) How do you judge new ideas? You try to understand the principles behind it to see if they make sense or do you look for information that supports it?

I'll look for information to see what supports it. I'll apply it in my head to a current situation quickly and make a judgement. If someone suggests a shitty idea, I'll say "I'm not sure that that will work" and say why it won't.

11) You find harmony by making sure everyone is doing fine and belonging to a given group or by making sure that you follow what you believe and being yourself?

I like to look after my close friends, making sure that they're doing well and supporting them, but it doesn't matter to me what groups they belong to. They can affiliate with who they like.

12) Are you the kind that thinks before speaking or do you speak before thinking? Do you prefer one-on-one communication or group discussions?

I definitely prefer one on one discussions. I don't mind smaller groups either. I tend to think before speaking, too. I tend to choose the right words rather than put my foot in my mouth.

13) Do you jump into action right away or do you like to know where are you jumping before leaping? Does action speaks more than words?

I tend to look before I leap. I like doing research into things then taking action. I would say that actions do speak louder than words - I hate letting others down and I hate being let down.

14) It's Saturday. You're at home, and your favourite show is about to start. Your friends call you for a night out. What will you do?

Catch up services exist. I'd rather go out with friends I don't see as much than watch TV because I can watch TV any time.

15) How do you act when you're stressed out?

I'm very emotional and tend to become largely anxious and a bit of a wreck. A year and a half ago, I had been under some major emotional stress for some time, and that's when I met my partner. I asked my partner how I've changed since he first met me and he said when I'm really stressed I get emotional, and I used to seek validation about being an interesting person and being liked, but now I'm settled I'm more mellowed out and worry a lot less about things.

16) What makes you dislike the personalities of some people?

"Bubbly" personalities irritate me. It's usually a euphemism for loud and obnoxious. I hate more, however, when people apparently have something to prove and try to steamroll over others in order to prove that they're top dog when really they're fragile little people inside. Also people who say they don't give no shits about what people think of them; usually the ones who shout loudest about it are the ones who care most. Show, don't tell.

17) Is there anything you really like talking about with other people?

Warhammer 40k is a big one for me at the moment. There's so much to the lore and it's engaging to talk about what "happened". I also really like talking about the Eurovision Song Contest, but it's been part of my life for so long that I couldn't live without it.

18) What kind of things do you pay the least attention to in your life?

How I fit into groups. I don't pay attention to belonging groups - just fostering individual friendships. I'm just not interested in being part of something greater than myself. I get involved in the geek community in my town to an extent, like going to store events, but that's about it.

19) How do your friends perceive you? What is wrong about their perception? What would your friends never say about your personality?

They perceive me as good with technology, intelligent yet kind and they know they can come to me with any problems they have, whether that's with their emotions or their tech. Kind of an all-rounder. I guess they overestimate my ability to work with technology, seeing as I Google most problems and I just have the tenacity to stick with problems until I fix them. They'd never call me idiotic in any capacity - I tend to be competent in most areas and admit freely what I'm not good at (sewing and baking for example), but if they're good at the thing I'm bad at I'll encourage them to work on it.

20) You got a whole day to do whatever you like. What kind of activities do you feel like doing?

Depends what my obsession is at the time and if I'm alone. At the moment, it's been Digimon World Next Order which is basically a glorified Tamagotchi with a story. If I'm alone, I'll play vidya. If my partner is off work, I like to go out somewhere and do things together, like we have a docklands near us that I really like going to as well as going to the Warhammer shop near us.

Retsu

MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I don't know if I'm allowed to bump, but I'd like to anyway.

Bump