• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Newbie here! Also unsure about my type.

littleviolet

Hello Everyone! It's nice to join this forum. It's been a couple of months since I've been getting into personality related theories, but now it's like my hobby, I'm always researching something about MBTI or enneagram. Although, I still have many 'black holes' in my understanding about cognitive functions etc.and so about my type too.
Things I would emphasize about myself:
I love making people laugh. Althoug I'm very shy and 'not really myself' with strangers, if I'm feeling comfortable I'm kinda crazy and bubbly with orhers. I like to say the most odd things to make my friends suprised and then laugh about it. I can think almost immediately something funny or sarcastic about anything. I think I developed this skill because I'm afraid of conflicts (the serious ones). I don't really know how to handle them... I usually just freez, but inside I'm screaming, I'm just scared that I make someone dislike me by saying what I mean. Even if I stand up to myself, after the argument I'm constantly thinking whether they hate me or not.
Another thing is that I love my mind, well more precisely my imagination. I never really get bored, because in that case I have my wild (well for me they are,haha) fantasies. For example : I really like to creaty myself bedtime stories, it helps me fall asleep faster (my fav.one is when the main characters are Voldemort and I ..... I'm like super powerful and I'm just laughing when he tries to kill me, but I'm also trying to save him from his demons...... soooooorrrryyyy it's like some korean drama,hahhaha).
I'm religious, but I think that my religion is just an aspect of reality- like if you take a picture of a flower from different angles. Every theory is just a tiny aspect of the reality - so every one of them can be true- but it's not the only truth (I learned this from a book, which is written by Péter Popper, hungarian philosoph).
My friends often come to me just to listen them (I'm not really good in giving advices). Usually I can easely find a new viewpoint of problem and they also said that they feel like I won't judge them.
I'm very naive and idealistic, I believe that everybody just wants to have a great life (in their conception) , and the 'evil' ones choose the path that is hurting others, but ultimately they are searching for the same thing as we are.
I'm not really good at planning... but I'm not an improviser. I usually just go with flow... I'm also not super organised (one of my roomates hates that, hahah).
I can be very passionate too- I'm almost shouting and speaking very fast about something I like (movies,books etc.)

Feel free to ask anything! :)

BlueScreen

Fail 2.0
MBTI Type
YMCA
I think something FP from the vibe of your post. Not sure if S or N, or I or E. I'd guess maybe INFP or ISFP. Also might be an INFJ.

Introspector

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
More information may be helpful, but my gut reaction is ENFP, possibly 9w1.

littleviolet

Here is some more information:
It's really hard for me to decide if I'm an introvert or an extrovert. I like to be alone and to reflect but after one or two days of 'loneliness' I become unmotivated and depressed. With my close friends I'm much more energetic. Sometimes even big parties fires me up, but this is very rare- I'm normally exhausted after a BIG social gathering (mentally too). Even self-analysis wear me out after one or two our. Although, I want to add that I'm generally shy, quiet and awkward around strangers or people whom I don't really know.
Big changes scare me. I like to change the style of my hair or reorganise my room- these simple everyday changes refreshes me, but for example going to university was kinda hard for me because it wasn't in my hometown.
Hmmmm, what to add more... I have promblems with overly kind people. I'm not 'hating' them, it's just I can't believe that somebody can honestly be always kind. Okay, maybe I won't show my 'angry' face to anybody, but at least with my friends I try to experess my true feelings. It frustrates me if someone is satisfied all the time and for her/him everything is just the same. I know I've said that I go with the flow but at least with opinion and sometimes I go against it.
Personally I think I'm 5w4 sx - the description ennagram 5 with sexual instinct fits me quiet good.

BlueScreen

Fail 2.0
MBTI Type
YMCA
More information may be helpful, but my gut reaction is ENFP, possibly 9w1.
It feels in the zone but not quite (talking as an ENFP but 7w6).

INFP was an early feeling, but I felt maybe a sensor or INFJ because I don't quite get the Ne vibe.

Here is some more information: It's really hard for me to decide if I'm an introvert or an extrovert. I like to be alone and to reflect but after one or two days of 'loneliness' I become unmotivated and depressed. With my close friends I'm much more energetic. Sometimes even big parties fires me up, but this is very rare- I'm normally exhausted after a BIG social gathering (mentally too). Even self-analysis wear me out after one or two our. Although, I want to add that I'm generally shy, quiet and awkward around strangers or people whom I don't really know. Big changes scare me. I like to change the style of my hair or reorganise my room- these simple everyday changes refreshes me, but for example going to university was kinda hard for me because it wasn't in my hometown. Hmmmm, what to add more... I have promblems with overly kind people. I'm not 'hating' them, it's just I can't believe that somebody can honestly be always kind. Okay, maybe I won't show my 'angry' face to anybody, but at least with my friends I try to experess my true feelings. It frustrates me if someone is satisfied all the time and for her/him everything is just the same. I know I've said that I go with the flow but at least with opinion and sometimes I go against it. Personally I think I'm 5w4 sx - the description ennagram 5 with sexual instinct fits me quiet good.
How does your thinking work? For example, if you are considering a new technology that you want to understand or a relationship issue, what do you do? What are you usually looking for/considering to solve or understand things?

littleviolet

How does your thinking work? For example, if you are considering a new technology that you want to understand or a relationship issue, what do you do? What are you usually looking for/considering to solve or understand things?

Hmm, well I try looking for possibilities. If one does not work, I'll move on the another, till I give up,haha. For example, I recently bought a new chair - firstly I tried to set it up by myself and after I failed (haha) , I checked the tutorial, but in the end I had to call my father for help.
I usually try to fix thing by myself. It's not a problem for me to ask for help, but in some cases I trust myself more than others.

BlueScreen

Fail 2.0
MBTI Type
YMCA
Hmm, well I try looking for possibilities. If one does not work, I'll move on the another, till I give up,haha. For example, I recently bought a new chair - firstly I tried to set it up by myself and after I failed (haha) , I checked the tutorial, but in the end I had to call my father for help. I usually try to fix thing by myself. It's not a problem for me to ask for help, but in some cases I trust myself more than others.
:)
Do you see it as a system to solve, or is it more like try one thing, doesn't work, try the next? Is "why" very important to you or just that you have it set up?

I ask this to try to rule in/out ENFP. Basically, at least for many ENFPs, others' input isn't trusted unless you can understand it yourself. In a way, life is an endless search for understanding everything interesting in your surroundings. By contrast, a sensor might want to connect with it and experience it.

Regarding the chair, ENFPs tend to be naturally good with practical problem solving unless they have no interest in the problem, whereas IXFPs can be a bit less so, and INFJs can completely miss details (inferior Se). Did you enjoy trying to figure out how to set it up (even if it did fail)?

Introspector

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Personally I think I'm 5w4 sx - the description ennagram 5 with sexual instinct fits me quiet good.

That's interesting, I didn't see much E5 traits at all. Why do you think 5w4?

In terms of MBTI, the ENFP doesn't think you're an ENFP, so you should probably trust that opinion since I'm the furthest one can get from ENFP and I don't have a clue about how ENFPs function.

littleviolet

:) Do you see it as a system to solve, or is it more like try one thing, doesn't work, try the next? Is "why" very important to you or just that you have it set up? I ask this to try to rule in/out ENFP. Basically, at least for many ENFPs, others' input isn't trusted unless you can understand it yourself. In a way, life is an endless search for understanding everything interesting in your surroundings. By contrast, a sensor might want to connect with it and experience it. Regarding the chair, ENFPs tend to be naturally good with practical problem solving unless they have no interest in the problem, whereas IXFPs can be a bit less so, and INFJs can completely miss details (inferior Se). Did you enjoy trying to figure out how to set it up (even if it did fail)?

I think I just try things and move on if it won't work, so the second and also I just wanted to set the chair up, although it was a fun experience- okay, maybe in the end I got a little nervous, haha.
Yes, I don't trust others opinions too much unless I understand it. My sister loves these 'Did you know it' facts, but she never reads them to me - I think she's tired of the 'why, who and when said it' questions. :D

littleviolet

That's interesting, I didn't see much E5 traits at all. Why do you think 5w4? In terms of MBTI, the ENFP doesn't think you're an ENFP, so you should probably trust that opinion since I'm the furthest one can get from ENFP and I don't have a clue about how ENFPs function.
Well, this: 'Sexual Fives are primarily focused in their imaginations, but they believe that most others would find their thoughts and preoccupations dark and even frightening. At the very least, they are certain that others will find them odd or eccentric. Nonetheless, they want to share their perceptions and hidden worlds and secretly hope to have a deep connection with a single soul, a mate for life, who can understand them and their sometimes bizarre views of reality. Intimacy for them entails finding someone else who will explore the surreal vistas of their inner world. They also look to their partner for some degree of help in dealing with people and the practical affairs of life.' This is soooo meee. Okay,okay, I admit,maybe I settled with ennea.5sx too fast, but this issue is gonna be for another post!

Introspector

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Well, this: 'Sexual Fives are primarily focused in their imaginations, but they believe that most others would find their thoughts and preoccupations dark and even frightening. At the very least, they are certain that others will find them odd or eccentric. Nonetheless, they want to share their perceptions and hidden worlds and secretly hope to have a deep connection with a single soul, a mate for life, who can understand them and their sometimes bizarre views of reality. Intimacy for them entails finding someone else who will explore the surreal vistas of their inner world. They also look to their partner for some degree of help in dealing with people and the practical affairs of life.' This is soooo meee. Okay,okay, I admit,maybe I settled with ennea.5sx too fast, but this issue is gonna be for another post!

I'm not quite familiar with sexual 5s versus other instinctual variants, but that description doesn't sound very 5-ish at all. It sounds much more like a 4 description.

notmyapples

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
To throw a shot in the dark based on your post, INFP 9w1 so/sx.

BlueScreen

Fail 2.0
MBTI Type
YMCA
I think I just try things and move on if it won't work, so the second and also I just wanted to set the chair up, although it was a fun experience- okay, maybe in the end I got a little nervous, haha.
Yes, I don't trust others opinions too much unless I understand it. My sister loves these 'Did you know it' facts, but she never reads them to me - I think she's tired of the 'why, who and when said it' questions. :D
You don't quite sound Ne dominant and you identified as being reasonably introverted (although ENFPs can be). I'm guessing INFP. They can be very talkative too when comfortable. And 5w4 is far more an INFP enneagram. Have a read about these types on the net and see if one seems like you.

This comment was interesting:
"I like to change the style of my hair or reorganise my room- these simple everyday changes refreshes me, but for example going to university was kinda hard for me because it wasn't in my hometown."

I also find cleaning my house or reorganizing my room meditative. Although cleaning my house is often down the priority list. One is part of seeking to create perfection (even though I don't believe in perfection, lol), the other is part of destroying routine (there's a feeling of being stuck when possibilities are limited, so doing something to change things up creates new possibilities or can even just feel like progress). At the same time, there's a weird sense of self thing and I don't feel comfortable at the start when changing dress sense or hair if it doesn't feel like me. Most things are full of competing forces like that. There's a pull to break out but also keep things in balance.

Changing towns can be weird but exciting. I love the adventure and new possibilities. And I can be quick to make casual friends, but slow to make close friends, especially in less stimulating/interesting environments.

Eastwood

Wow, you are so INFP, its not even close. I think there is a quality to your wit, that can be mistaken for extroversion. If your screaming on the inside, that is a huge factor of an impressive emotional intellect and that's something to be very proud of, almost like a super power. Get rid of this crap that your not good at advise giving. Base on your short description, I'm sure once you re-condition your mind, you'll find the confidence to inspire people. I think you would be great at conveying dialogue through some form of art as well. Not to fall into the cliche of an INFP.

littleviolet

Wow, you are so INFP, its not even close. I think there is a quality to your wit, that can be mistaken for extroversion. If your screaming on the inside, that is a huge factor of an impressive emotional intellect and that's something to be very proud of, almost like a super power. Get rid of this crap that your not good at advise giving. Base on your short description, I'm sure once you re-condition your mind, you'll find the confidence to inspire people. I think you would be great at conveying dialogue through some form of art as well. Not to fall into the cliche of an INFP.
Hahah, thank you very much for the encouraging words! :)

littleviolet

Thank you guys for your answers! Actually, I've already asked about my type on other forums, and there also said that I might be INFP, but INFJ or ISFJ too. Your viewpoints were very helpful and I'm grateful for them, but I think I'm an ISFJ. I read a lot about the ISFJ cognitive functions in the past few days, and overall, maybe the 'general' description of an INFP fits me better than the ISFJs, but the functions don't seem to apply on me.