• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Am I entp or Intp?

heavydirtysoul

I spend a lot of time thinking about the future. I’m always preoccupied with what needs to happen next. I find that I’m always thinking about two or three major topics that are usually somewhat related to one another (though often rather loosely). I daydream a LOT, sometimes to the point where I’m completely unaware of my surroundings. When I daydream, I usually entertain different possibilities in the future. I always have an inner monologue going 24/7 - except when I'm talking out loud and then it becomes my outer monologue - or when I'm listening to someone else or intently observing something (though it will constantly make little comments in my head as I listen and observe). Often, I'll imagine myself talking to someone else, such as someone in particular I know or imagine myself being interviewed on a tv show or teaching a lecture etc.... and imagining that I'm talking to someone else is how I think through things and develop ideas and solve problems. I think of my inner self as a little person in a boat in a dark and endless sea. I see whatever my lantern illuminates.

My biggest weaknesses are getting bored easily, needing a lot of mental stimulation, and being super absent minded. My biggest strength being an open-minded person. I’m always open to new information and ideas.

Music, personality theory/typology, art and video games are my interests - each of them is something I can dig into and really explore the depths of - not shallow - could just learn more about them forever.

When dealing with conflict I don’t really care to confront other people unless I feel that they’re completely out of line and no one else is doing anything about it. In the times that I have confronted others, I try to do it respectfully if possible. My relationship to the person doesn’t really matter. Whether their actions directly affect me, however, does.

My goal in life is to try to experience and enjoy as much of it as possible.

I’m an idealist.

I think I come across as a very different person than who I am. I come across as quite serious and aloof, when I really am very goofy.

SigmaEnigma

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You definitely sound intuitive dominant, so between the two ENTP. However what you said about digging deep into a select few interests sounds Ni.

BlueScreen

Fail 2.0
MBTI Type
YMCA
Probably NP, with small chance of NJ as SigmaEnigma said.

Could be any of the four NP types from what you've said so far, but I'd guess ENFP or ENTP. What makes you think you are T?

These few questions will probably help type you too:

1. What are your thoughts on emoticons?
  2. Do you like memes? Why?
  3. What do you think of sock puppets?

Red Memories

Haunted Echoes
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
sure you aren't an NFP rather than an NTP?

BlueScreen

Fail 2.0
MBTI Type
YMCA
On reading the OP again, most seems Ne dom. The things that put a little doubt in my mind are these:

"Whether their actions directly affect me, however, does." - possibly Fi dom rather than auxiliary (or ENTP maybe). Though it might just be an offhand comment, so don't want to overanalyse it.

"I daydream a LOT, sometimes to the point where I’m completely unaware of my surroundings." - I do this occasionally, but see INXPs do it far more naturally. As an Ne dom, I wish I could detach from my surroundings more easily.

Lib

Permabanned
On reading the OP again, most seems Ne dom. The things that put a little doubt in my mind are these:

"Whether their actions directly affect me, however, does." - possibly Fi dom rather than auxiliary (or ENTP maybe)

"I daydream a LOT, sometimes to the point where I’m completely unaware of my surroundings." - I do this occasionally, but see INXPs do it far more naturally. As an Ne dom, I wish I could detach from my surroundings more easily.
I was wondering about the same - are Ne daydreaming? All of Ne I met irl are hungry for action.

Ode to Joy. Nice.

BlueScreen

Fail 2.0
MBTI Type
YMCA
I was wondering about the same - are Ne daydreaming? All of Ne I met irl are hungry for action. Ode to Joy. Nice.
I love it when the strong German singing starts :)

Regarding daydreaming, I do a lot of daydreaming in my head, often imagining possible scenarios and silly twists on the present and stuff. It can be even be things that are just curiousities triggered by something. Still it's rare to be oblivious to my surroundings if there is anything interesting happening.

Lib

Permabanned
I love it when the strong German singing starts :)

Regarding daydreaming, I do a lot of daydreaming in my head, often imagining possible scenarios and silly twists on the present and stuff. It can be even be things that are just curiousities triggered by something. Still it's rare to be oblivious to my surroundings if there is anything interesting happening.
That does sound like daydreaming but may be not as deep as in introverts.

heavydirtysoul

Probably NP, with small chance of NJ as SigmaEnigma said.

Could be any of the four NP types from what you've said so far, but I'd guess ENFP or ENTP. What makes you think you are T?

I'm pretty sure I am on the fe and ti axis.

I never know how to explain what feel, if I was forced to pick I'd deal with others people's feelings over my own, I don't have stong morals, I love arguing because I can switch perspectives easily and see the flaws on both sides of the argument, when I was younger I could be a little bit manipulative, and for the most part naturally change my personality depending on who I'm with.

heavydirtysoul

Also forgot to mention:
I like MBTI because Before I learned it people were confusing. With MBTI, I was able to figure out and categorize people into a system, which was amazing for its function and just how fun it was.

BlueScreen

Fail 2.0
MBTI Type
YMCA
I'm pretty sure I am on the fe and ti axis. I never know how to explain what feel, if I was forced to pick I'd deal with others people's feelings over my own, I don't have stong morals, I love arguing because I can switch perspectives easily and see the flaws on both sides of the argument, when I was younger I could be a little bit manipulative, and for the most part naturally change my personality depending on who I'm with.
Sounds ENTP or ENFP. Probably ENTP because less on the personal side, but it depends what you mean by morals. ENFPs are often more like if it hurts no one, who cares. They wouldn't care about traditional morals, but be pretty aware of the consequences of actions.