• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

ISFP or INFP?

Tonitrum

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
To start of, I'm 100% sure that I'm Fi dom, mainly because I tend to appear very emotional and sensitive, I dont like to upset and dissapoint people for failing promises (Which is why I usualy try to refuse promising something).

I'm sure that my Te is inferior because Fi surprases my inferior Te which is why usualy my rants/arguments comes off with a sack of cryout and emotionality and pointing out other people to stop being rude and sensitive (Which is why I hate being Fi dom, because I feel way too much emotionaly open and my emotions always surprass all other functions)

One thing I'm not sure about is If I'm using Ne - Si or Se - Ni.

I mean, I can enjoy thrills and sensational action, having my own style of wearing clothes (Unless It's summer), Which is Se, but I also can enjoy to share Ideas and can be very nostagic (Ne - Si).

So this confuses me, I'm ISFP or INFP.

SearchingforPeace

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Maybe neither. You get upset for not pleasing people. You "tend to appear very emotional".

Nothing you posted was really Fi and could easily be Fe.

Nostalgia isn't Si. Wearing own style of clothes isn't Se. Ne users can live thrill rides and sensational action.

BlueScreen

Fail 2.0
MBTI Type
YMCA
IXFJ? Or EXFJ if you are an extrovert.

IXFPs don't do rant and emotional that much in my experience. More go quiet and get out of there.

Tonitrum

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Maybe neither. You get upset for not pleasing people. You "tend to appear very emotional".

Nothing you posted was really Fi and could easily be Fe.

Nostalgia isn't Si. Wearing own style of clothes isn't Se. Ne users can live thrill rides and sensational action.

Ok...? But can't Fi dom do that aswell? Or they would act differently to that? Arent Fi dom was the function that most likely to be a crybaby?

As for being J, I dont find myself that organized, my room is messy and I tend to not follow plans and just go with what more comfortable for me (Unless this is what you mean by plans ofc...).

notmyapples

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I'm sure that my Te is inferior because Fi surprases my inferior Te which is why usualy my rants/arguments comes off with a sack of cryout and emotionality and pointing out other people to stop being rude and sensitive (Which is why I hate being Fi dom, because I feel way too much emotionaly open and my emotions always surprass all other functions)

This isn't Fi.

Tonitrum

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Ok then, how to figure out if My Fe is Dom or Secondary?

notmyapples

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I would research Ti and try to figure out if it functions in an inferior or tertiary position. If you'd like, post a questionnaire so we can try to type you ourselves.

Tonitrum

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Well, I dislike questionaires, and I've taken them multiple times, but ok, I'll take another one...

Questionaire by [MENTION=408]Tigerlily[/MENTION]

1-what makes you angry?
Answer:
Insensitive and Rude people, who have 0 respects towards sensitive people, even if they know that the user is sensitive, still discards it, It's very annoying to deal with such people
"Double-faced" people and elitists, and the fact that no one sees this obvious weakness in argument just drives me crazy.
People who assume things on you and claim they have "More than enough" proof for it, while in reality they dont have any proof, dont lie please.
Those feminists who scream for refund for absurd reasons and then talk random sh*t non-stop? Yeah, f*ck those annoying people.
Those people who support/like the flammer's posts? Yeah, I hate those too.
And finaly, when people always have this very annoying trend of sending personal insults towards others who have different opinions, probably the worst kind of people you can deal with.

2-what do you like/dislike most about people?
Answer: I think the answer for the first question answers this question aswell.

3-do you like animals? why?
Answer: Sure, who doesent like some cute kittens? Also pigeons are very funny birds xD. But for sure thing I dont take this on an extreme level, I.e not considering veganism since It's just stupid.

4-what do you like most about the favorite people in your life?
Answer: That they care about me, they love me.

5-what do you like/dislike most about yourself?
Answer: I dislike my own sensitivity, the sack of emotions just gets to me uncontrolable, I also dislike my lazyness, I'm lazy and I procastinate alot it gets me off from achieving/completing things. What I like about myself is my thirst for exploration and fun.

6-do you care about being fashionable? why/why not?
Answer: You mean dressing style? Well yeah, I like wearing jeans and jacket, which is my style, unless It's summer.

7-do you prefer to fit in or stand out?
Answer: I tend to fit myself, sometimes stand out when something is not alright (Read my answer for first question)

8-what activities do you enjoy?
Answer: Exploring new places, trips, and sometimes revisiting places that you loved alot, for nostalgia.

9-what makes you feel secure?
Answer: When I surrounded with sane people, when I'm not surrounded with those people I've described in my answer for the first question.

10-do you like being in a relationship? why/why not?
Answer: Releationship with a girl/woman? Well, not really, cause I dont feel ready for having a family or other of that complicated stuff. And btw, I tried many times confessing love to many girls (Which was very hard and pressuring), but always failed (They refused... And honestly I'm ok with that.)

11-what do you love and why? Could be people, things, places, etc...
Answer: Cinneret, It's a very beautifull place in israel, It's a lake, I love that place because I have so much great memories from there.

12-what do you spend the most time thinking about?
Answer:
Well for first, nostalgia thoughts, thinking how 2014 - 2016 we're the best years of my life, and just thinking about the memories and moments I had in those years.
Second, thought about the douchebags that live in this world, It's very annoying to deal with such people.

13-How much have you changed over the years? Who were you as a child?
Answer: I used to have friends, we used to play, in my chilldhood times I used to be more active in my life, I just remember how I played with my friend, picking up sticks, pretending It's our guns and pretending to shoot at fictious enemies that we pretend they are there, fun times. Now I just find myself waking up in the morning and sitting on the computer all day. What was changed on my life is that I used to be more active, I had some friends, but now I'm just lonely infront of the PC.

And now I want to add something not related to the questionaire:

In videos games you see those quests saying "Join a clan" and then people making invitations for their clan. Just want to ask one thing, who the heck would want to join a clan with people that you dont know? Speciality those clans that require teamspeak, why in the world I would want to talk through the microphone to poeple I dont know? A clan in my opinion is only good when you form it up with your friends.

Another things about forums, some forums do it right, some forums do it wrong in my opinion.

Score voting/Likes/thanks ratings should NEVER EVER be visible in your profile, because people can generate their biased opinions about you based on the likes/post count ratio you have. And finaly I think to make a rating or thanking a post you must state a reason why you do thatso your rating will be justified with a moderation option to remove those ratings if the user who clicked thanks or made a rate just spams out random letters to it so he can just put a rating on that post without a justified reason, I do not want to see people like/thank the flammers post for unknown reason, believe me, it happened, it puts unnecessary pressure on you.

notmyapples

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I would probably say XSFJ. There's a big focus on dwelling on the past, thinking about what once was, surrounding yourself with people who adhere to your heavily attuned personal preferences, things that point towards Si over Ni. Most of the questionnaire confirmed the thought of strong Fe, it's very apparent through your answers that you highly value other's feelings and hold people to a certain standard of behavior in preservation of feeling. I'm inclining towards ESFJ, as you seem to value Fe over Si and have the demeanor of an extroverted judging dominant with how you seem to push towards decisive conclusions concerning most topics you come across. You also say you struggle to hold back your emotions during logical debates, a trait I see ISFJs struggle with a bit less because their Ti is tertiary and they can balance Fe/Ti easier than an ESFJ can, and you emphasize on your love of exploration and fun which hints at Ne being tertiary rather than inferior.

SearchingforPeace

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I thought you said that Si has nothing to do with nostalgia...

It isn't. Si means processing new perceptions (Ne) through old ones. It is self referential.

Any type can be nostalgic. Any type can have a great memory.

notmyapples

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I thought you said that Si has nothing to do with nostalgia...

It's not, everyone experiences nostalgia. As another user said, Si is self-referential with signs of Si being a significant focus on past experiences, detail-oriented behavior, particularity about sensory preferences and tendency to build memories rather than live in the moment. Just experiencing nostalgia doesn't mean you are an Si user, but showing a distinct pattern of the above preferences may very well so.

Tonitrum

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Ok, thanks for explanation

Tonitrum

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I kinda question my type again...

I've heard that lack of Fe means bad at acting (playing as a character), and I certainly bad at acting. I mean It's fun to roleplay as a character, but It's very difficult to do, I always question what steps and what order do the actions needs to be taken, and forgeting the steps makes acting a very hard time. It's the times when I went to drama class in my middle school (It's fun times btw).

Does it means I'm actualy not a Fe Dom/secondary, or It is because of my J letter in the personality which determines why I have hard time acting without clear step by step explanation?

Also XXXJ personalies does not mean planning everything? Because you know, my room is messy, and I dont really plan alot, I also procastinate and I'm generaly lazy, which is why my room looks messy, and not that I really cared about tiding up room anyway.

Anyway, I gonna take another Questionaire. By [MENTION="4945"]EJCC[/MENTION]

Personal concepts
1. What is beauty? What is love?
Answer: There are many different kind of beautys, there is sexual beauty (Getting attracted to girl, no matter if she dresses up not that great), and there is beauty that you just find enjoyable, like a beautifull view or just certain object you think It's beautifull with It's coolnes, like guns/swords in video games, etc. Love is when you're very close to someone feelings and thus you want to get close to them, though, I never experienced such love, I've only read about It's that how love works.

2. What are your most important values?
Answer: Honesty, careness, kindness. Honestly, I value people who are nice and are not complete douchebags. It's those people that I can get closer with them rather than someone who is smart/intelligent but corrupt, arrogant and complete douchebag.

3. Do you have any sort of spiritual/religious beliefs, and why do you hold (or don't) those beliefs in the first place?
Answer: I dont have a religion, It's a waste of time, and how you can prove that god exists without proving it? Honestly I would love to believe there is a god that actualy cares about us, but from my learning god is selfish, I mean why would god give some people really good genes, and make them strong and able to outcome everything, while I need to be born with stupid genes where I have to check on those stupid diets? Just saying if there is actualy a god, I would say he is very unfair, and I honestly would love to see someone rebeling against god because of that.

4. Opinion on war and militaries? What is power to you?
Answer: Well, military is usefull to keep your country safe, so I dont see the problem having an strong military, especiality if your country is surrounded by a bunch of blood thirsty fanatical countries, like Israel being surrounded by those muslim countries.
And about power in general, believing in yourself and being strong willed is a big power, since you have the courage to do everything, I consider unwilingless, lazyness, procastination as weakness of myself.

Interests
5. What have you had long conversations about? What are your interests? Why?
Answer: Sure, long conversations for me are usualy about talking in which fun places I have been in, nostalgic times. My interests is well, live my life, explore as many as places as possible.

6. Interested in health/medicine as a conversation topic? Are you focused on your body?
Answer: Conversation about medicine? Nah, not really interested. I'm being focused on my body? Well yeah, everyday I do sports in order to drop some of that weight.

7. What do you think of daily chores?
Answer: Not really, they limit me from my free choices of whatever I want to do.

8. Books or films you liked? Recently read/watched or otherwise. Examples welcome.
Answer: I dont like reading books, mainly because It's just text everywhere, BORING.
As for movies...

There are many that I dont remember It's names, but I can list some:

Jumanji welcome to the jungle - I loved It's concept of you completely transporting into a video game, It seems to be heavily inspired from Sword art online with the virtual and complete transportation to that game world, I loved how you get put into a new much stronger body and you can easly gain some super abilities that in reality you dont have.

The Mechanic 2 - I didnt watch the other parts, but this video is awesome with all the cool action stuff with those modern guns, pistols with silencers.

And for the third move, I think It's called Security (2017) - I just loved the concept of you having to defend a with your team a whole big mall against "eugene" invaders.

9. What has made you cry? What has made you smile? Why?
Answer: I dont really know what makes me cry, I mean I had those moments where I cryed, but I rarely cryed in my life, I would say that dissapointing my closed ones makes me sad. As for what makes me happy/smile, It's when I have a great moment, when I have fun, or when I'm succefull.

10. Where do you feel: at one with the environment/a sense of belonging?
Answer: A sense of belonging. (Not sure what the question is asking, probably asking me to choose between those two)

Evaluation & Behaviour
11. What have people seen as your weaknesses? What do you dislike about yourself?
Answer: My sensitivity and me being emotionaly open. I honestly dislike being sensitive.

12. What have people seen as your strengths? What do you like about yourself?
Answer: Not sure, many called me smart, but I dont think it has to do anything with my MBTI personality. I dont really know what I like about myself.

13. In what areas of your life would you like help?
Answer: 1. Try to learn to live completely independent (I live with my dad, and I can already sense that I'm getting really old with living with parents, I just feel like it takes my independence), and 2 I just need friends so I dont end up burying my life completely with loneless.

14. Ever feel stuck in a rut? If yes, describe the causes and your reaction to it.
Answer: I just think myself "When will this end" or ask how much long it will take. It's kinda hard to answer this question.

People & Interactions
15. What qualities do you most like and dislike in other people? What types do you get along with?
Answer: Lets start with the dislikes: the kind of people I dislike already described in my answer for the first question on the first questionaire, maybe I should quote it:

"Insensitive and Rude people, who have 0 respects towards sensitive people, even if they know that the user is sensitive, but still discards it, It's very annoying to deal with such people
"Double-faced" people and elitists, and the fact that no one sees this obvious weakness in argument just drives me crazy.
People who assume things on you and claim they have "More than enough" proof for it, while in reality they dont have any proof, dont lie please.
Those feminists who scream for refund for absurd reasons and then talk random sh*t non-stop? Yeah, f*ck those annoying people.
Those people who support/like the flammer's posts? Yeah, I hate those too.
And finaly, when people always have this very annoying trend of sending personal insults towards others who have different opinions, probably the worst kind of people you can deal with."

And to add to it, kids/White-knights/Devils-advocate and others who protect those kind of people, just stop, you are not anything cool and/or edgy, you're just an idiot.

I like people who are kind and helpfull, and those are the ones that I get along with better.

16. How do you feel about romance/sex? What qualities do you want in a partner?
Answer: I dont know, and neither I'm ready for this. As for partner qualites, I've described already.

17. If you were to raise a child, what would be your main concerns, what measures would you take, and why?
Answer: I dont know, I dont feel like wanting to raise childs, and I dont really like childs, some people my find them adorable, but not for me, I find them kinda annoying, especiality when kids cry very outloud and rape your ears (Insert "RIP headphone users" joke here)

18. A friend makes a claim that clashes with your current beliefs. What is your inward and outward reaction?
Answer: I cant really tell, I never had this moment.

19. Describe your relationship to society. How do you see people as a whole? What do you consider a prevalent social problem? Name one.
Answer: I see people as other individuals, people who have their own life and story, their own memories, their own experiences/problems and etc. As what I consider a social problem, I've described it in one of my previous answers.

20. How do you choose your friends and how do you behave around them?
Answer: Well I generaly dont rush to have a friend, but I behave pretty openly to my friend since I can know him.

21. How do you behave around strangers?
Answer: Well, I act kinda privately and closed, because I dont know him, and tend to be sometimes shy, but once I get to know them, I tend to be open.

And PLEASE, I would like to see more people typing me.

notmyapples

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Does it means I'm actualy not a Fe Dom/secondary, or It is because of my J letter in the personality which determines why I have hard time acting without clear step by step explanation?

Si prefers step-by-step instructions because it is detail-oriented.

Also XXXJ personalies does not mean planning everything? Because you know, my room is messy, and I dont really plan alot, I also procastinate and I'm generaly lazy, which is why my room looks messy, and not that I really cared about tiding up room anyway.

No, that is a stereotype. All the J means is that you prefer an extroverted judging function over an introverted judging function.

Tonitrum

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I mean I have questions regarding me being Fe dom...

The thing is, I'm too quiet... and shy (being near strangers) for person for being dom Fe, I get closed when people ask my music taste (I love to listen to Metal rock, so most people find it weird) or what type of video game I play (It makes me feel like child)... Thats outside in real life, maybe It's because of my secondary Si?

SearchingforPeace

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I mean I have questions regarding me being Fe dom...

The thing is, I'm too quiet... and shy (being near strangers) for person for being dom Fe, I get closed when people ask my music taste (I love to listen to Metal rock, so most people find it weird) or what type of video game I play (It makes me feel like child)... Thats outside in real life, maybe It's because of my secondary Si?

Fe dom does not mean social. Fe is about being connected to the external emotional environment. MBTI and JCF are about how we think. Enneagram is about behavior. Cognitive process influences behavior, but environmental factors have a huge impact on enneagram.