• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Retyping Magnetica.

Wunjo

Maverick thinker.
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Hello everyone. Some of you know me as Glados, some of you as Magnetica.

It has been more than a year since I have joined this forum and I have been thinking of making a thread such as this for a while. So, I'll be answering some questions for you to type me. The users who know me more intimately can also use their knowledge of me to assist them, obviously.

1. What is beauty? What is love?

Beauty is what kindles passion within you because of an aesthetic match. Be it spiritual, phyiscal or mental, without that match, the beauty of the thing in question doesn't exist for you.

2. What are your most important values?

Power over myself and life, and acceptance, when my power is inadequate against life. Freedom. Spiritual nourishment. Questioning.

3. Do you have any sort of spiritual/religious beliefs, and why do you hold (or don't) those beliefs in the first place?

I do and I like to keep it private.

4. Opinion on war and militaries? What is power to you?

I have had a long time familiarity with war history since I was a little boy... Wars can be an end to a goal, but most of the time, as species our goals are flawed so that creates a lot of unnecessary wars... In a more subjective concept, war is one of the key realities of my life, for I think when living, it can be as necessary as peace. Power is the ability to direct to create or to destroy.

Interests

5. What have you had long conversations about? What are your interests? Why?

Art, psychology, poetry, philosophy, esoteric subjects, what made you afraid when you were a child. What makes you afraid now. I hink when I want to know, or start to know someone, there are times that I just want to penetrate within their existence. I am interested in music, travelling, reading, martial arts, psychology, good food.

6. Interested in health/medicine as a conversation topic? Are you focused on your body?

Definitely I am. Medicine is terrifyingly exciting field. I am interested in my body and lately have been more so.

7. What do you think of daily chores?

They are dull but necessary.

8. Books or films you liked? Recently read/watched or otherwise. Examples welcome.

Hrrm. The Left Hand of Darkness by LeGuin. Psychology and Religion by Jung. As of movies, I'd say Contratiempo and In the Mood For Love.

9. What has made you cry? What has made you smile? Why?

Sometimes the things that make me cry can also make me smile, like an interesting piece of music or art.

10. Where do you feel: at one with the environment/a sense of belonging?

My ancestral home. A lot of trees, sky is filled with the stars, little air pollution.

Evaluation & Behaviour
11. What have people seen as your weaknesses? What do you dislike about yourself?

Pride, anger and impulsivity, impatience. I think if I shorten these a bit it'd be better.

12. What have people seen as your strengths? What do you like about yourself?

Decisiveness. Mental Acuity. Presence. I also like these about myself.

13. In what areas of your life would you like help?

The areas where the weaknesses counted above could be welcome. But I am also a total believer in self-improvement.

14. Ever feel stuck in a rut? If yes, describe the causes and your reaction to it.

Yes. When I do I try to assess the situation, create or find methods of getting out of it.

People & Interactions

15. What qualities do you most like and dislike in other people? What types do you get along with?

I like competitiveness, a good sense of humour, depth and intensity. I dislike baseless arrogance and a quick display of genuineness, if only people learned to keep formality when it is necessary.

16. How do you feel about romance/sex? What qualities do you want in a partner?

Ah! The best question. Despite I have been sexually active, I can't say I have been romantically active but I am looking to change that situation for now. In a partner I want physical beauty combined with a strong, sharp wit, a powerfulness mixed with a quietude and confidence, for most people around keep partners that aren't confident just to quench their loneliness or their need to be loved, somehow.

17. If you were to raise a child, what would be your main concerns, what measures would you take, and why?

I think having a well adjusted home atmosphere, stable finances and a good educations are my main concerns, and I'd also have a couple of alternative routes in case of something unexpected happens. Raising a child is something very serious and I might never do it because of private perimeters that are not among the ones that I have counted.

18. A friend makes a claim that clashes with your current beliefs. What is your inward and outward reaction?

I'd gladly start to argue and if I can, make their claim crumble in front of them.

19. Describe your relationship to society. How do you see people as a whole? What do you consider a prevalent social problem? Name one.

Not really in tune with my own. I think some are bad some are good as they generally show, but in privacy they are more of a mixture of bad and good, in some societies, this mixture has a dominant component of course, like most mixtures. I think one of the most prevalent social problems are created by the pillars of the society and the social problems created results in the choice of even more incapable pillars. The snake eating its own tail, and so on.

20. How do you choose your friends and how do you behave around them?

Carefully. I am quite friendly, can be brash and also rash. Maybe too brash, a friend once told me that he was not feeling very umm... secure around me, I can be naturally intimidating around people which sometimes can create problems but I try to keep that in check.

21. How do you behave around strangers?

Again, can be brash and also rash. Depends on the situation but I can say that I am generally quite relaxed.

Red Memories

Haunted Echoes
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
8w9 7w8 3w4 Sp/Sx

likely xNTJ

Luminous

༻✧✧༺
MBTI Type
Iᑎᖴᑭ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I see in no particular order Fi, Se, Ni, Te. So... that would mean xNTJ.

For enneagram, 8, 3 or 4, and 5. 8 core, and sx/sp for sure.

Earl Grey

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
*cracks my knuckles* I'm only here because I was invited.
I do wonder why you make a type me thread when you are as studious, well-read, and insightful as you are.
Either way.

Even before knowing your typing, I would have guessed 8 core if not 8-second, in the 854 or 584 order.
My second guess was 4 core, but that flew out of the window pretty fricken darn fast.

What I know about 5 and 8s that they have in common are that the both of them are very boundary-keeping types (even when sx), and after talking to you more, your form of boundary-keeping seems more 8 than 5, charging in to invade than withdrawing to maintain a detachment towards the world. Another reason I think 8 core is you having a line of integration towards 2 (for reasons you already know).

GUT
The challenger archetype of the 8 does fit you on various levels, and while you are not blind to morals, I don't see you using a strict code as a guiding compass the way 1s do or having a strict vision or ideal of what is good and right, let alone the rigidity and self-criticism and (most especially) the compliance to the external that often comes with it. The lusty voraciousness of 8 suits you through and through in this aspect; you want it, you get it, you command your own destiny. 9 is also out of the question, do I even need to explain? Being double withdrawn and an introvert mitigates some of the usual extroversion of the 8 and lends to an interesting and amazing amount and depth of knowledge and introspection for an 8-core. I would have guessed balanced wings simply because I haven't seen any strong indicator of 7 or 9 both, though I would have been inclined to 7 just because double ID seems to make sense for you (at the risk of stereotyping; 8w7 takes what it wants, 8w9 protects what it has).

HEAD
Even your head type seems fairly simple. You have this self-confidence that comes from 5; knowing that you know your shit. I haven't seen any, any kind of outward stability-seeking or internal doubt the 6 does, neither have I ever, ever seen an avoidance of pain by running out to the world the 7 does.

HEART
Alas, I do not know enough about 4 to properly explain why that's what I'm giving as your heart type, but by process of elimination, you seem either 4 or to a lesser extent, possibly 3- though I doubt it, because I haven't seen that shifting-for-external-presentation that 3s can do, you much more strongly give the impression of a person in the shadows that comes out from time to time and holding onto your personal impressions of something as a way to dictate what you must do, rather than conforming to the external like a three.

Enneagram: tritype 458 in this order; 8w9, 5w4, 4w5, sx/?.

Guessing sx/sp just by virtue of not seeing soc-driven tendencies in you (being able to do it =/= being it). Your natural tendencies seem strongly sx/sp, there is very much focus on the self and how the internal framework sees the world, but I don't see any natural inclination to make bigger impact/movements in the social sphere that you might find satisfying, or rewarding just for the sake of it (doing it just for say, stability (eg; money) does not count). Also due to the strong inner-guidedness and doing things for the sake of the self (might be a bit hazy due to being sx-first 8, but I'm giving sp second due to that strong focus on the self over the social sphere).

Gut-Head-Heart because of reasons above, heart-last because I barely see any focus on image-seeking or image-presenting of the heart types. Whatever you do in that field, I see (or at least suspect) you do for reasons other than the image-seeking tendencies of the heart triad itself.

Earl Grey

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Making a new post since you've liked/read the previous (also, I made a few minor edits, mostly just correcting wrong word choices).
I did not give MBTI because I'm not as confident in it as I am in Enneagram. Functions (in general, not in you) are a bit hazy for me but you seem clearly Ni-dom (and for reasons you already know/have mentioned before, to a deeper extent than I know), I have no objections/will not contest that. The rest follows, more T than F, Ni-Te-Fi-Se, though I can't really give as detailed a reason or explanation why.

The Cat

Just a Cat who hangs out at the Crossroads
Staff member
Ever think about ESTJ?

Norrsken

self murderer
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
You simply ooze with 8 confidence. I wanted to just sit here and say, "He's a 5 core!" because of some archetypical image I have of you of being some perched dark angel sitting on a pew, taunting me. But all your answers keep pointing out to the obvious. You're an 8-core and an 8w9, since a w7 wing would have made you more outgoing than you are now. You don't shy away from a fight, especially that concerning your morals, knowledge, and experiences with a particular topic.

Tritype 854 triple dark. 8w9-5w4-4w5. Some may argue 3 for your heart, but don't make me laugh. :laugh: Trust me when I say that he doesn't run from his feelings like a 3 does. He embraces these feelings for what they are and what they could mean for him as a person. He is capable of emotional depth, while a 3 is capable of enterprising their skills over that of feelings. In private conversations, when he gets in touch with his own feelings, I cry just from the beauty of it all, and that's no exaggeration. He's not a 3. 3 is not better or worse than 4, just different. But 4 makes the most sense for Magnetica.

I definitely agree with the others that you are soc-blind. Though you may have a detached outlook of people and society in general, you don't want to do anything about it. It's really about your own life journey. Sx/sp. Your soc is in your 4, which is what many sources call "the social critic", and I see that a lot in you.

INTJ. The 8 sxness makes it seem like you're all about that good Se shit, but from my discussions with you, and don't take this the wrong way, but your Se use is kinda atrocious. Overeating, especially eating food that is NOT good for you, is just one example that I've concluded that the Se is in your inferior stacking.

Thank you for the thread tag.

Sacrophagus

Mastermind Fieldmarshal
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
I must've gone senile. I don't remember making this thread.

The Cat

Just a Cat who hangs out at the Crossroads
Staff member
No. Can you elaborate?

^_^ Sure ^_^ Whilst In perusing your questionnaire, some of your answers got me thinking about a few folks I know irl of that type. Then I figured nobody's suggested any S types for various reasons I suppose. Then I went over here: ESTJ - Typology Wiki read and watched the vids. Thought: I wonder if Magnetica would see any of this in himself, as he would know him better than anyone here, so.... then I asked if it was ever something you've considered. My thought process was exactly that. I'm afraid there's not much more to elaborate upon. I hope it helps. :cheers:

Mind Maverick

ENTP 8w7 845 Sp/Sx
I guess most here are typing based on personal interactions?
I don't see sufficient basis for 8, 6, 4, or xNTJ here--in fact, this tritype seems far too reactive for you based on impressions I've been getting, especially when Sx Dom on top of that. All I can see is some Sx Dominance. Most of the information included here is not type specific. None of Enneagram's core issues (8s with vulnerability and power dynamics, 6s with authority and stability, anything 4ish)...none of the dichotomy preferences are here, either. There isn't any, "energized vs drained by intereactions" or "How I think and process the world around me" of N vs S, etc.

Some parts that resemble certain things may fall under multiple categories. For example...
"Power over myself and life, and acceptance, when my power is inadequate against life. Freedom. Spiritual nourishment. Questioning."
It matters greatly how this is attained and why it is sought after. Ti is associated with autonomy and freedom, so is Fi (because of resistance to Te/Fe norms...that clash between the subjective Ti/Fi and collective Te/Fe). INPs are both notorious seekers of this.
"Power over myself and life," can easily be placed under the category of either INP, therefore. 8s also do this, but how they go about it is substantially different than how an INP does; the former typically obtains this by withdrawing and seeking independent space and seeks authority over the self, the latter does it by asserting the self and directing others more. 5s may seek power over their own lives by being independent and isolated away from those with power. 9s may seek power over themselves and their lives by remaining unaffected, unmoved, unbudged, in service of their peace (which is especially clear in an example of a 9w8 doing this to resist and be unmoved by emotional manipulation, for instance).
Details matter due to their ability to be interpreted in multiple ways or seen form multiple angles.

Another example is an American Psycho quote.
"There is no real me, only an entity, something illusory."
Someone once said this as my signature caused me to seem very INFJ.
Without the full thing, it can also seem E9 (forsaking self).
In reality, the quote more than likely is from an Sp Dom E3 who is the absolute furthest thing from E9, F, or an INFJ, yet all of these are potentially correct applications for this quote depending on its context.

It is worth noting that I see INTJ and 8 as having some rather low potential for accuracy as a combination based on overlap alone.
If you're both Sx Dom and on the fence about E vs I then you are more than likely not a 5 core.
If you're absolutely positive of 8 and the two NTJs are absolutely your only possibilities, I'd guess E.

PS: I'm sorry but I have to say it, stuff like "Likes aesthetics = Se, overeating = Inferior Se" are stereotypes and Tumblr memes, nothing more.

Wunjo

Maverick thinker.
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I guess most here are typing based on personal interactions?
I don't see sufficient basis for 8, 6, 4, or xNTJ here--in fact, this tritype seems far too reactive for you based on impressions I've been getting, especially when Sx Dom on top of that. All I can see is some Sx Dominance. Most of the information included here is not type specific. None of Enneagram's core issues (8s with vulnerability and power dynamics, 6s with authority and stability, anything 4ish)...none of the dichotomy preferences are here, either. There isn't any, "energized vs drained by intereactions" or "How I think and process the world around me" of N vs S, etc.

Some parts that resemble certain things may fall under multiple categories. For example...
"Power over myself and life, and acceptance, when my power is inadequate against life. Freedom. Spiritual nourishment. Questioning."
It matters greatly how this is attained and why it is sought after. Ti is associated with autonomy and freedom, so is Fi (because of resistance to Te/Fe norms...that clash between the subjective Ti/Fi and collective Te/Fe). INPs are both notorious seekers of this.
"Power over myself and life," can easily be placed under the category of either INP, therefore. 8s also do this, but how they go about it is substantially different than how an INP does; the former typically obtains this by withdrawing and seeking independent space and seeks authority over the self, the latter does it by asserting the self and directing others more. 5s may seek power over their own lives by being independent and isolated away from those with power. 9s may seek power over themselves and their lives by remaining unaffected, unmoved, unbudged, in service of their peace (which is especially clear in an example of a 9w8 doing this to resist and be unmoved by emotional manipulation, for instance).
Details matter due to their ability to be interpreted in multiple ways or seen form multiple angles.

Another example is an American Psycho quote.
"There is no real me, only an entity, something illusory."
Someone once said this as my signature caused me to seem very INFJ.
Without the full thing, it can also seem E9 (forsaking self).
In reality, the quote more than likely is from an Sp Dom E3 who is the absolute furthest thing from E9, F, or an INFJ, yet all of these are potentially correct applications for this quote depending on its context.

It is worth noting that I see INTJ and 8 as having some rather low potential for accuracy as a combination based on overlap alone.
If you're both Sx Dom and on the fence about E vs I then you are more than likely not a 5 core.
If you're absolutely positive of 8 and the two NTJs are absolutely your only possibilities, I'd guess E.

PS: I'm sorry but I have to say it, stuff like "Likes aesthetics = Se, overeating = Inferior Se" are stereotypes and Tumblr memes, nothing more.

Interesting opinions and observations, but I fail to see a whole of anything, sentences do not seem to follow themselves.

Please don't be shy about elaborating more, I am all ears about your assumptions, yet there should me more of them I think for me to consider them as arguments, rather than stating that they are your way of seeing things. If you think most of the questions answered here are not type specific, I'll be needing a new questionnaire. I was very hopeful of your opinion, which is probably the reason that I am quite disappointed by the vagueness of it right now despite your good choice of words, but then again, you think the answers are not type specific. Although you are keen on delivering criticism, (I can see that you have a personal liking towards the matter) the situation at hand is more about constructing an argument.

Footnote: I think I have answered some Se-related questions in the questionnaire, they might be useful.

j.c.t.

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
If anything, it should be attributed to Si - the function of bodily awareness and of internal experiences provoked by sensations.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Retyping Magnetica. Magnetica. There. I retyped it. That was probably a good exercise for me. I've been saying it in my mind as "magenta," but now that I had to concentrate on typing it, I know that I had it wrong.

Mind Maverick

ENTP 8w7 845 Sp/Sx
If anything, it should be attributed to Si - the function of bodily awareness and of internal experiences provoked by sensations.
Yes, it would be closer to Si...but stil faulty as reasoning behind typing.
[MENTION=32548]magnetica[/MENTION] my response to you will be longer and more thoughtful than this one, I'm not ignoring you I just still haven't had the chance.