• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What's my type? I think ESTP. I always test as an ENTP and have gotten ENFP and INTP.

mirahlaila95

MBTI Type
EXTP
Enneagram
7x6
So there's a problem. The mbti test isn't working for me. I always get ENTP but I really think I am a mistyped ESTP. It sounds self defeating but I am not smart enough to be an ENTP and when I recall my history as a child and young adult, I was never really that great on sensory details (unless I was scrapbooking or something) or reading in between the lines to find deeper meanings. haha I could never write essays because I never read the books and never knew what the underlying meaning was. I would often get good grades until high school and was the girl that teachers described as "smart but a distraction to other students". I would be the first to finish a test then sit at my desk and hum, sing, and make noise with my writing utensil. I would make friends then lose them after being accused of being "fake" and "not a good friend" because I was a little too demanding and abrasive.

To bring you up to date, I am currently a few days from graduating from Temple University with a BS in Tourism and Hospitality Management. I am a 23 year old African-American woman. I never got skilled at anything and spent my 5 years of college partying, getting mediocre grades, and traveling the world. My minor is Anthropology. My IQ is somewhere around 110 and I got a 24 on the ACT. These things kind of let me know I am not an ENTP lmao.

In addition, I am contemplating leaving this Earth because generally, I don't see a purpose for my existence. ESTPs are awful and I am disappointed that my natural purpose on this Earth is to motivate others to have fun (or some stupid shit like that) and probably push NFs to exercise their patience and empathy to the highest extent. It really seems like a waste considering all it takes are the simplest stressful life happenings to turn us into sociopaths and narcissists. I don't like being an ESTP so I need someone to explain to me why ESTPs are useful. And yes, I know 4 letters doesn't define my entire being but now I can put a name to what I don't like about myself.

LucieCat

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
First of all, your existence is valid and important. There are phenomenal people of every type, and we need people of every type in this world. I would recommend seeking professional help regarding any feelings of "leaving the earth" as you say.

110 is a solid IQ. IQ and MBTI don't match up 1 to 1. Not all NTs are Mensa certified geniuses. And not all N types are geniuses either (some geniuses can be S types). I'm an ENFP and my IQ is somewhere around 120. Both are above the average of 100, but are not exceptional. And that's okay, it does not impact our value or worth.

Plus, IQ is not the most reliable indicator of intelligence. I don't think there is a reliable measure actually because there are many different types of intelligence.

And being an ESTP is not all about being fun. You can determine what the meaning of your life is. Many ESTPs are lively, fun people, but to say they are only that is selling them short.

I am not sure what your type is, but type does not determine a person's value. Some people like crapping on one type or another, but I honestly just think those people were hurt by one person of that type and now have a frankly immature vendetta against them.

And actual tests like the ones you find online can be rather unreliable. Most get at least the NF part of my personality right, but I got a rogue ISTJ result once. And that does not make much sense... at all... It wouldn't be bad to be an ISTJ, but yeah I'm not one.

Hang in there!

Quick

MBTI Type
INFX
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Just because you don't have a high IQ doesn't mean you are not an N.

I have an IQ of around 95 and I got an 18 on the ACT and I am an N.

But is this a forchan thing?

Carpe Vinum

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Just a thought: maybe you don't have a "natural purpose." Maybe none of us do. Maybe you have natural strengths and weaknesses, but maybe your "purpose" is something that you have to create and define.

Maybe it's also okay if you haven't created that purpose at 23. Maybe you need to give it time, get your career going and some more life experience, and eventually you'll figure it out.

Also, there is absolutely nothing wrong with being an ESTP or with making your purpose helping other people relax and have fun, if that's what you choose to do. A friend and colleague of mine is an ESTP physical education teacher, and he never gives himself enough credit for what he does. He talks like he never had the brains to do anything else (which to me is ironic because all of the health and P.E. teachers that I know are quite intelligent), and he ignores the thousands of lives he's impacted over the years.

In short, you'll figure out your purpose eventually. Or maybe you won't, but you have the opportunity to make an impact either way. Your choice.

Last edited:

mirahlaila95

MBTI Type
EXTP
Enneagram
7x6
Thanks everyone. Almost a year later and I still feel the same way. Wish I could unlearn this mbti shit.