• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Newbie here! ENFP or ENFJ? (Also, Enneagram help?)

pinkfreud

Hello! I'm a new member called pinkfreud, and (as you might be able to guess) I'm a lover of both the band Pink Floyd and the discipline of psychology. I've always had some trouble identifying my MBTI and Enneagram because I consider myself the type of person who overlaps pretty well with most types. I think I'm either ENFP or ENFJ (and, yes -- I am aware they share no functions.) As for Enneagram, I've considered every type except 5 and 9 (though I'm most strongly considering 2, 3, 6, and 7.) If anyone could give a little help, that'd be great. I'm just gonna type out stuff about myself and see where it goes. *shrug*

The Good: Most people say I am the kindest person they have ever met. I go out of my way to make others' lives easier -- often at my own expense. I exhibit a genuine warmth and interest in others and have a way with words that always puts others at ease. People feel comfortable around me because I treat everyone I meet as the most special person in the world. Lots of people take me for granted, though I'm far less sycophantic (for lack of a better word) than I used to be. I live to make others laugh and am excellent at it, and I'm often the life of the party. I love attention and "appearing the best." I'm at my best when I feel attractive, admired, and am at the center of attention making others laugh. I've often said I'd rather be envied than liked. I've been called blunt and undiplomatic before because I have my foot in my mouth more often than not, but I never mean any malice towards anybody. In spite of my kindness and parental nature, I am outspoken and unafraid to voice my opinions or my anger. I am very witty, always coming up with the smartest and funniest (and often crudest) remarks that keep people belly-laughing. I fluctuate between the "mom" role and the "excited little kid" role in most of my circles, and I am independent often to a fault. I believe that everything happens for a reason and am an eternal optimist -- everything will be so beautiful and perfect in the end, period. That is my deepest and most unshakable belief.

The Bad: I keep a lot of people at arm's length. I have lots of close friendships, but almost none of them know the deepest parts of my psyche. (However, somewhat hypocritically, I always encourage friends to reach out to me if they need anyone -- I thrive in protecting others so that I appear strong and in control.) I have tremendous pride issues and detest appearing as anything other than competent, happy, and -- for lack of a better word -- perfect. I love to look good -- but not just good, the most attractive in the room. I love to sound good (I'm a singer) -- but not just good, the best singer in the room. I'm also tremendously sensitive and cry easily (something I wish I could hide better but often cannot.) However, when people ask why I'm crying I always give a cop-out answer instead of letting them see my vulnerabilities. In terms of my biggest fears, I fear appearing weak/incompetent/scared/flawed/unattractive in any way (and thus sacrificing my pride.) I am a very anxious person and often fail to conceal it, as much as I might try. I hate being vulnerable but I long for someone to ask me about my deepest self so I can finally open up as much as I am yearning to. I constantly see myself as a burden and withdraw from others to avoid being burned, as I have before. I want to hold all the cards to protect myself, my pride, and my image.

At my best I am the entertaining, fun, hostess-with-the-mostest Linda Belcher (Bob's Burgers.) At my worst I am the neurotic, perfectionistic, drowning-herself-in-work-and-others-to-distract-herself-FROM-herself Princess Carolyn (BoJack Horseman.)

I normally go back to ENFP 3w2 at the end of the day, but I'm so engaged in all the other possibilities that I'm not entirely sure. Any help would be amazing. Thank you!

BlueScreen

Fail 2.0
MBTI Type
YMCA
I'm guessing ENFJ.

I believe 3w2 is more typically associated with ENFJs. 7w6 is a common ENFP enneagram.

I'd say you are very likely E and F, and probably J because as much as EXFPs love to interact with people socially, they spend half their time escaping for down time. I couldn't tell regarding N/S.

Tilt

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

AStrange~Nostalgia

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
2w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
That's a really nice ENFJ personality , keep up with the good work. Helping others and going out of you way for it is pure ENFJ. NO DOUBT
Also, it felt weird yet refreshing to read my whole self in a comment. I couldn't agree more with a dicription of my true self than this :).