• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

I know I'm an ExxP. Trying to narrow it down.

Chase123

MBTI Type
ESxP
Enneagram
?
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Okay, so despite my research, I still am not sure what I am. I think my self projection is shit, lol.
I'm trying to mainly jot down if I'm an Fi or Ti user, and if I'm an intuitive or sensor.

1. I am very interested in emotions and spiritual things. I have out of the box thoughts like: What if we meet our soulmate best friend in a dream? I enjoy these thoughts quite much. I find emotions interesting, I find the whole concept of love and relationships very interesting and important to me. It seems like that would be a very feely thing to do. There is no logic in spirituality and I'm okay with that.

2. I'm not observant. I swear I thought I was an Se user. I'm good at sports, and I like to have fun doing thrill seeking things, but if I'm not dong anything fun, just living my boring day, I'm absolutely engrossed in my thoughts and daydreams which makes me miss a bunch of stuff. I also suck at practical things like building stuff and stuff like keys! I hate keys and lockers. I'm so bad at it, it's embarrassing.

3. I don't mind conflict and ruffling a few feathers. I don't usually cause conflict, but if it's necessary, I'm willing to get into it. I also like playfully teasing people and seeing what kind of reactions they have. Not in a dickish way, but more in a playful 'I wonder how far I can tease them' way. My humor's usually dry.

4. I'm not exactly selfless and sensitive. Nor am I heartless and blunt. I do get affected by the negative things in this world, but not by constructive criticism for example.

5. I don't think about the future enough to be a 'sensor'. I said before I wasn't very observant, which is true, but I'm not constantly planning what I'll be doing in the next few years. I usually go with the flow and do whatever happens in the moment, I do daydream but I'm very focused when something fun is happening in the moment.

6. I think I'm too much of a romantic person to be a thinker. I was with a few other dudes and A Thousand Years starts playing, and I'm absolutely feeling all them feels deep down even if I don't show it, while the other guys gave no shits. My music playlist has a bunch of love songs embarrassingly enough

7. I have no shame. I don't care what others think, I'll do whatever I want. I don't care if I'm breaking rules or standing up to authority, whatever! I'm the 'dance in the middle of the street without a shirt' kinda guy. I am also competitive and while I am lazy most of the time, if there's something I want, nothing will stop me. I am very aggressive for sports.

8. I'm friendly and outgoing, but not...Overly happy looking. I'm friendly in a more brotherly way. I had an ENFP friend, and she was smiling all the time, so happy about everything. I'm more calm and cool headed but I do have a goofball joker side to me that I like showing. I love cracking jokes. I am quite funny.

9. I trust my gut feeling about things.

10. I'm good in crisis situations. I am good at keeping calm.

11. I'm good at motivating other people. I am good at understanding how other people feel even if there isn't any logic to some of the things they feel.

12. My friend said I'm a daredevil bad boy with a soft side that I show only close friends and family. Any ESTPs relate to that? While I am a thrill seeking, no shits given dude, I also have a side that's interested in spirituality and relationships.

What do you think?

Last edited:

BlueScreen

Fail 2.0
MBTI Type
YMCA
Have you checked ESFP? That's the vibe I get.

I don't think you sound ENFP, although there is a lot of variation within each type.

Chase123

MBTI Type
ESxP
Enneagram
?
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Have you checked ESFP? That's the vibe I get.

Hmm, there's definitely a high chance I am one, I'll look into that one. Any reason why you get the ESFP vibe?

Betty Blue

Let me count the ways
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
You seem more like a feeler but I don't think theres a strong enough argument either way at this stage with the info given to indicate sensor or intuitive preference.

There are a few stereotypes of ENFP's which are quite misleading. I do think ENFP's can be assertive when needed (though they don't lead with it). I also think they can be brave and daring and also competitive and I see no reason they can't be good at sports either.

I am also projecting a little because I am an ENFP who doesn't fit into some of the overused ENFP stereotyping that happens.

So some questions...

what is most important to you?

what do you spend most of the time daydreaming about?

where do you see yourself in five years?

what are your goals/ambitions?

BlueScreen

Fail 2.0
MBTI Type
YMCA
For EXXP, the dominant traits are perceiving ones and the feeling vs thinking traits can be a little less obvious.

Extroverted sensors engage with their senses and the experience more, whereas extroverted intuitives perceive the world in a more theoetical way looking at patterns and possibilities. Faced with the same situation, I'd guess an ESXP would more readily dive straight into the experience and worry later, whereas an ENXP would often stall while considering the future or the consequences. ESXPs tend to test the waters more too to see how far they can go. ENTPs also like stir things up in a devils advocate type of way, but yours sounded more like ESXP.

In EXXPs, thinking vs feeling often comes down to how comfortable or in touch you are with personal things. You seemed to consider the personal side a lot especially in quieter times. The feeling side is introverted and secondary, so tends to come out more in quiet times. Most EXFPs aren't overly emo.

Chase123

MBTI Type
ESxP
Enneagram
?
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
what is most important to you?
Having fun and accomplishing my goals. I want to enjoy life to the fullest, make deep connections with people, and overall just enjoy the simple, fun things in life that are exciting, I want to live a thrilling adventure while also accomplishing my goals.

what do you spend most of the time daydreaming about?
Forming deep connections with people/living an adventure. Eventually I want to have a girlfriend and for some reason I like daydreaming about having a romantic relationship quite often, I don't know why it's important to me, I guess I just want a deep connection with someone. I also daydreaming about living adventures, superhero style.

where do you see yourself in five years?
Boy, that's a loooong way ahead. Off the top of my head, I hope I'm in a long term loving relationship, living my life to the fullest and accomplishing my goals.I don't know what I'd be studying in the college, haven't figured out yet.

what are your goals/ambitions?
My goals are mostly that I want to be a very good goalie, go to college, achieve my gym goals, become a better actor, basically be the best in everything I do.

Chase123

MBTI Type
ESxP
Enneagram
?
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Extroverted sensors engage with their senses and the experience more, whereas extroverted intuitives perceive the world in a more theoetical way looking at patterns and possibilities. Faced with the same situation, I'd guess an ESXP would more readily dive straight into the experience and worry later, whereas an ENXP would often stall while considering the future or the consequences. ESXPs tend to test the waters more too to see how far they can go. ENTPs also like stir things up in a devils advocate type of way, but yours sounded more like ESXP.

In EXXPs, thinking vs feeling often comes down to how comfortable or in touch you are with personal things. You seemed to consider the personal side a lot especially in quieter times. The feeling side is introverted and secondary, so tends to come out more in quiet times. Most EXFPs aren't overly emo.

Okay, so I definitely am impulsive, and I do things right now without thinking, so most of the time I'm just like: Crap, prolly should've thought of the consequences, I could've injured that person with that tackle!

Yeah, I definitely am not emotional in any sense. I do like to get in touch with my personal things, like music or poetry or motivational things, but that's usually really private and only comes out when I am alone, otherwise I think I definitely look like an ESTP on the outside in public, but deep down, I have those private emotional things that I get in touch with. I am not good at mechanics and building, while I am good at songwriting and art. I am also not sensitive, sassy and I'm plenty assertive. So, still deciding, but I could definitely be a secondary Fi user.

I had an ESFP friend, and I could relate a lot to him, except he had an obvious sensitive and soft side. I am cool headed and calm. It makes me a good leader, and I love being a leader, I love motivating my teammates and stepping up when I am needed. I like to think I'm fearless.

Betty Blue

Let me count the ways
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Having fun and accomplishing my goals. I want to enjoy life to the fullest, make deep connections with people, and overall just enjoy the simple, fun things in life that are exciting, I want to live a thrilling adventure while also accomplishing my goals.

Forming deep connections with people/living an adventure. Eventually I want to have a girlfriend and for some reason I like daydreaming about having a romantic relationship quite often, I don't know why it's important to me, I guess I just want a deep connection with someone. I also daydreaming about living adventures, superhero style.

Boy, that's a loooong way ahead. Off the top of my head, I hope I'm in a long term loving relationship, living my life to the fullest and accomplishing my goals.I don't know what I'd be studying in the college, haven't figured out yet.

My goals are mostly that I want to be a very good goalie, go to college, achieve my gym goals, become a better actor, basically be the best in everything I do.

These answers would indicate a preference more to Se than Ne, so for now you are displaying more ESXP vibes.

I wonder though is this just the surface? Just some kind of rote response because of your social experiences and expectations placed upon you?

I guess i'm just asking how far can you expand your mind? or do you think thats crazy talk?

The reason I ask is because for a long time i feel i played a part to fit in or played up because i didn't fit in. I suppressed a lot socially and when i tried to open up, i was often shut down and considered to be off the wall or wacky. It took me a very long time to be genuinely comfortable in my own skin and to express that in a safe way.

Chase123

MBTI Type
ESxP
Enneagram
?
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
These answers would indicate a preference more to Se than Ne, so for now you are displaying more ESXP vibes.

I wonder though is this just the surface? Just some kind of rote response because of your social experiences and expectations placed upon you?

I guess i'm just asking how far can you expand your mind? or do you think thats crazy talk?

The reason I ask is because for a long time i feel i played a part to fit in or played up because i didn't fit in. I suppressed a lot socially and when i tried to open up, i was often shut down and considered to be off the wall or wacky. It took me a very long time to be genuinely comfortable in my own skin and to express that in a safe way.

Kinda confused about expanding my mind? I mean, like I'm not all that mind-y except when I'm daydreaming. I dislike education and thought provoking stuff (novels, puzzles), I have trouble paying attention with reading for example. However I am interested in dreams and spirituality.

I feel more myself now than ever. Not living up to anyone's expectations except my own. I'm really comfortable in my skin right now.

Betty Blue

Let me count the ways
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Kinda confused about expanding my mind? I mean, like I'm not all that mind-y except when I'm daydreaming. I dislike education and thought provoking stuff (novels, puzzles), I have trouble paying attention with reading for example. However I am interested in dreams and spirituality.

I feel more myself now than ever. Not living up to anyone's expectations except my own. I'm really comfortable in my skin right now.

Ok, just wanted to cover a couple of bases. I think an Se preference is clear over Ne.

How are you within a group?
you mentioned you like to be leader, do you enjoy the limelight? or do you prefer to be pulling the strings?
How do you usually respond to confrontation?
If a friend is down how do you usually respond?

Chase123

MBTI Type
ESxP
Enneagram
?
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Ok, just wanted to cover a couple of bases. I think an Se preference is clear over Ne.

How are you within a group?
you mentioned you like to be leader, do you enjoy the limelight? or do you prefer to be pulling the strings?
How do you usually respond to confrontation?
If a friend is down how do you usually respond?

1. I'm really good in groups when I know I can contribute to the group. I like to engage everyone and make sure everyone is participating, while also motivating everyone. I also like to engage the quieter people in the group.

2. I prefer the limelight, I'm quite confident and I am not afraid of being in front of everyone. I'm the fearless goalkeeper captain who is calm, vocal but always positive and supportive to his teammates analyzing their play with a full view of the game on the back.

3. I usually respond to confrontation by resorting to humor, and making the situation funny or silly or my cocky dick side comes out to the person if it gets bad. I tend to enjoy trolling the heck out of people if they go too far with being mean. As I said, I have a dickish cocky side to me, but it usually only comes out during sports (in a playful way with the goal of getting a reaction out of the opposing player) or confrontation (a way of defending myself/someone and a way of exuding my confidence in myself).

4. I'll usually go hug the friend and tell them the words I think they would need to hear that other people usually won't say but are still words they need to hear that makes them feel a bit better. And then I'd offer them some solution or leave off on a note that makes them feel better, but at the same time also listening to their situation.

BlueScreen

Fail 2.0
MBTI Type
YMCA
1. I'm really good in groups when I know I can contribute to the group. I like to engage everyone and make sure everyone is participating, while also motivating everyone. I also like to engage the quieter people in the group. 2. I prefer the limelight, I'm quite confident and I am not afraid of being in front of everyone. I'm the fearless goalkeeper captain who is calm, vocal but always positive and supportive to his teammates analyzing their play with a full view of the game on the back. 3. I usually respond to confrontation by resorting to humor, and making the situation funny or silly or my cocky dick side comes out to the person if it gets bad. I tend to enjoy trolling the heck out of people if they go too far with being mean. As I said, I have a dickish cocky side to me, but it usually only comes out during sports (in a playful way with the goal of getting a reaction out of the opposing player) or confrontation (a way of defending myself/someone and a way of exuding my confidence in myself). 4. I'll usually go hug the friend and tell them the words I think they would need to hear that other people usually won't say but are still words they need to hear that makes them feel a bit better. And then I'd offer them some solution or leave off on a note that makes them feel better, but at the same time also listening to their situation.
I think you sound more F than T. Every type likes to help others, but you innately seem to handle the personal stuff well. I don't do emotional much either but am very clearly F. The emotional comes out more in my writing poetry and stuff than in daily life.

Maybe try the function test in this thread. It seemed to capture my F side well.

Function Identification Index 2.0 [Officially Online]

Chase123

MBTI Type
ESxP
Enneagram
?
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I think you sound more F than T. Every type likes to help others, but you innately seem to handle the personal stuff well. I don't do emotional much either but am very clearly F. The emotional comes out more in my writing poetry and stuff than in daily life.

Maybe try the function test in this thread. It seemed to capture my F side well.

Function Identification Index 2.0 [Officially Online]

I definitely am an Se dom. I got sensing dominant for the test. I like things that are beautiful, and I think an ENFP thought I was shallow going for beautiful girls, which isn't everything, but now I realize it's just my Se! My lack of concentration on boring things, my impulsive decision making, my ability to live in the present, and why I needed physical affection when I was in a relationship all is explained by Se.

I think I'm a feeler. I can relate to ESTP and ESFP descriptions in different ways, I think I may be near borderline. Some things make sense for me being a feeler, I love being in love, I love writing, I'm good at supporting other people if they let me. I think feelers are stereotyped as being sensitive and emotional, because being calm, not caring what others think and cool headedness are strengths of mine, but personally and in terms of things I like doing when I'm alone/things I desire I believe I'm a feeler.

LucieCat

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I would have to agree with ESFP.

ESFPs are often mischaracterized as these happy go lucky, bubbly, flighty, shallow and frankly not that intelligent. There are some that match some of all of these characteristics. But there is a lot of variation within a type.

ESFPs and ENFPs are also thought to be extremely similar. There are similarities between the two, but they are actually rather different when you peel back the core. It's more that their outside appearance can be similar.

Se isn't also necessarily about just being observant either. It's about learning and taking in information directly from your senses. Ne users tend to mentally bounce around finding patterns that are often not tangible (though they certainly can be). Ne doesn't really involve the senses to the extent Se does. That's why Ne types can often feel out of touch with their own body (this also correlated with INxJs as well but for slightly different reasons).

Many Se users are drawn to sports (though not all). It might have to deal with the fact that it allows them to be more in touch with the world around them and what's happening in the moment. For this reason, other Se users can enjoy performance arts like music and dance and acting.

I have the general impression that Se tends to learn best by actually doing things. SPs tend to strike me as kinesthetic learners. Of course, this is a generalization.

Chase123

MBTI Type
ESxP
Enneagram
?
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I would have to agree with ESFP.

ESFPs are often mischaracterized as these happy go lucky, bubbly, flighty, shallow and frankly not that intelligent. There are some that match some of all of these characteristics. But there is a lot of variation within a type.

ESFPs and ENFPs are also thought to be extremely similar. There are similarities between the two, but they are actually rather different when you peel back the core. It's more that their outside appearance can be similar.

Se isn't also necessarily about just being observant either. It's about learning and taking in information directly from your senses. Ne users tend to mentally bounce around finding patterns that are often not tangible (though they certainly can be). Ne doesn't really involve the senses to the extent Se does. That's why Ne types can often feel out of touch with their own body (this also correlated with INxJs as well but for slightly different reasons).

Many Se users are drawn to sports (though not all). It might have to deal with the fact that it allows them to be more in touch with the world around them and what's happening in the moment. For this reason, other Se users can enjoy performance arts like music and dance and acting.

I have the general impression that Se tends to learn best by actually doing things. SPs tend to strike me as kinesthetic learners. Of course, this is a generalization.

I think I'm an ESFP too. I'm definitely not an ENFP, my body's practically my temple and I love sports because I can be in the moment and use my body. If anything, at first glance, I seem to be an ESTP, I resemble them more than any other type besides ESFP.

I do learn best by doing something, and I also like performance arts, so at this point, I'm positive I'm an Se Dom, and also pretty positive I'm a feeler.