• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

help a newbie aka type me thread

itsthatguy

Greetings everyone who might be reading this. As title suggests i'm quite a newbie in MBTI zone, so i'd like to hear your opinions on what my type might be. I'll start by filling out a questionnaire i found on other thread.

Personal concepts
1. What is beauty? What is love?

I have no idea what beauty is. Everyone finds it different things beautiful and objectively speaking if someone is beautiful it's only because majority of people found those features attractive. Regarding "What is love", all i can say is baby dont hurt me no more. I guess love for me is a moment when you want to spend with specific person more than you dont want to spend.

2. What are your most important values?
Freedom to do whatever i want at any given time. Yeah, i guess that the most important thing, not to be restricted by anything.

3. Do you have any sort of spiritual/religious beliefs, and why do you hold (or don't) those beliefs in the first place?

I dont really hold any specific or strong spiritual beliefs. My opinion on God is that it might exist or not, no one will prove for sure. I was raised as catholic but i didnt follow it strictly. On the other hand, it's extremely hard for me to find faith in myself.

4. Opinion on war and militaries? What is power to you?

Sometimes it's necessary to fight in order to survive. I dont really see myself in military (unless i'd get drafted or something) but it's necessary for peace. The more power you have the less your influenced by others - you can make whatever you want and others obey you.

Interests
5. What have you had long conversations about? What are your interests? Why?

I usually have long conversation with my mom about what i should do in my life and complete lack of inspiration and interest in life. Everything boils down to me have internal confusion and weak character "foundations". On one hand i'm afraid of future and possible bad scenarios but on other hand i just want to express myself freely and seek new sensations. My current interests are psychology, doing personality tests and numbing myself down with short dopamine injections such as overeating, drinking, smoking , playing video games and etc. I want to know myself but i feel like i better understand concepts visually - that's why i've always been interested in dreams. I used to vent myself through drawing stuff (even tho i dont do it anymore because of lack of ideas) in my childhood.

6. Interested in health/medicine as a conversation topic? Are you focused on your body?

I'm interested in medicine as a thing which could help me to know and understand my current condition. I neglect my body quite much because i could use much more physical activity and healthy diet. However i enjoy competitive sports because the feeling of physical contact.

7. What do you think of daily chores?

As much as i hate them or i'm not into mood to do it, those are necessary things. Still, i'd rather dont do it.

8. Books or films you liked? Recently read/watched or otherwise. Examples welcome.

I liked Matrix, Bladerunner, Big Lebowski. I usually read random stuff but the latest is Huxley Hell and Heaven. It's about how certain substances can open doors of perception.

9. What has made you cry? What has made you smile? Why?

I usually cry from songs or movies when it strikes at some precise moment. I wish i could explain what happens but it feels like i start feeling everything at the same moment and massive wave of sadness hits me.

10. Where do you feel: at one with the environment/a sense of belonging?

Nowhere, i feel like eternal nomad, like it's good but it's not my place.

Evaluation & Behaviour
11. What have people seen as your weaknesses? What do you dislike about yourself?

I can be moody, arrogant, stubborn, childish when it comes to arguments, not really future orientated. The most i dislike about myself is that i dont have strong core values therefore i feel like a broken person without personal vision and confidence. I can give a good impression to other people but in the end it's just a fake thing.

12. What have people seen as your strengths? What do you like about yourself?

Thoughtful, knowledgeable, inspiring, smart, quick to react. I guess i somewhat like my humor sense, ability to question anything and having immense curiosity about world.

13. In what areas of your life would you like help?

Someone like a mentor who'd help me to understand myself better and access inner potential.

14. Ever feel stuck in a rut? If yes, describe the causes and your reaction to it.

I feel like stuck in rut for a long time because everything basically stays the same - nothing that worse or better. It feels like i'm not meant to live that kind of lifestyle and i should aim higher but then i reach the question "whats my end goal?". Then i become confused and angry for a while till i reach neutral point.

People & Interactions
15. What qualities do you most like and dislike in other people? What types do you get along with?

I strongly dislike people who are pretentious and give a "you're lower than me" vibe. I like the people around whom you can be relaxed and say things having in mind that they wont take it personally. I get quite good with NT types and less so with enfp (might get to excited and vocal) and intj (from my experience they tend to give really cringey humor and be insufferable with opinions)

16. How do you feel about romance/sex? What qualities do you want in a partner?

That's a sensitive topic for me because i've never been in actual relationship and sex looks kind of disgusting and nasty (maybe because i'm pure). I dont subscribe myself to all this soulmate/quality mate nonsense, there people with whom you're more or less compatible. I guess i couldnt be with a girl who has no humor sense or has radically different opinions than mine. All in all i find dating tedious thing because you have to be someone else and monkey around her just to get approval. It puts me in cage that i have to do this to get to another thing and etc.

17. If you were to raise a child, what would be your main concerns, what measures would you take, and why?

I dont really see myself as a father ever but i think that having quality bonding time and setting positive masculine example would be a priority.

18. A friend makes a claim that clashes with your current beliefs. What is your inward and outward reaction?

My outward reaction would be to dismiss his reaction by something like whatever and hand gesture but if he'd start dissing me further i'd get more and more angry.

19. Describe your relationship to society. How do you see people as a whole? What do you consider a prevalent social problem? Name one.

I dont see myself as a part of society, every person is on his own. I see people as apex species who control the world. One of the biggest social problems is that rich get richer and poor get poorer and the gap is drastically increasing with each year.

20. How do you choose your friends and how do you behave around them?

There's no complicated process - if i meet person and we click, then i want to spend more time with that person. if we dont click then i put no effort. I try to be authentic to myself but even i sometimes give up to being too nice and rounded.

21. How do you behave around strangers?

Usually i dont contact with strangers and avoid even eye contact. I show negative emotions much more easily.