• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

New to this. ISTP or ESTP

DarthMaul

Hey. So ive taken some of these quizzes online.
Mbti. Ennegram. Cognitive function.
Mbti-istp,estp most common
Ennegram-7w8 or 8w7
Cognitive function-istp estp or esfp
I defintely think im a STP.
Even though reading the profiles some of it doesnt match such as istp im not constantly fixing things and or for estp im not always life of the party.
-i dont like to be told what to do. Being micro managed is a sure way to get on my nerves. Even as ive gotten older i dont like dealing with it.
-i had some friends and family tell me 3 words that describe me and the most common of the 3 were
*rebellious
*stubborn
*goofy
*competitive
-im very upfront and speak my mind
-opinionated
-open minded
-loud depending on whom im with
-over analyze
-i like to laugh and make others laugh
-laid back work attitude
-irritated easily
-lover of science fiction. Books and movies. Collectibles
-my favorite past time is watching movies. I love movies. I like seeing how there made. I like talking about the deeper meaning or cinematography. My go to genre is horror or sci fi.
-music is a big part of my life. I play bass and guitar. I have a wide varied taste but my favorite is metal.(symphonic and death metal and power metal).
-work out 5 days a week
-i work maitnence and enjoy it most of the time
-im a laid back loving goofy parent.
-as a husband im caring and try to be thoughtful. I like quality time and touch is a big thing with my wife.
-people generally annoy me. But i can be very talkative with those i like and close ones
-i game a lot and read a lot when able to
-i dont like silence as much as my intp wife but i do need it to gather my thoughts
-i always have to be doing something or im always moving even when sitting im fidgety.
-jokester
-use to love going and partying but perfer being home with family and having fun at home
-trying to have fun as much as i can
-blunt and straight forward
-like to debate
-like trouble shooting
-conversations tend to drift away from my original topic because i start talking about other things
-energetic

Any help is appreciated.

The Cat

Just a Magic Cat who hangs out at the Crossroads.
Staff member
ISTP - Typology Wiki

ESTP - Typology Wiki

Take a look through here, read the articles, watch the videos and let me know what you think, and we can go from there. ^_^

But first glance from youre questionnaire Id go with I over E STP but I dont like going on first glances so, let's get through this together ^_^ then we can take revenge upon the Jedi.

DarthMaul

ISTP - Typology Wiki

ESTP - Typology Wiki

Take a look through here, read the articles, watch the videos and let me know what you think, and we can go from there. ^_^

But first glance from youre questionnaire Id go with I over E STP but I dont like going on first glances so, let's get through this together ^_^ then we can take revenge upon the Jedi.

Sorry for the delay.
I watched and read.
For estp i am somewhat action oriented in the sense though ill get something done right away if i want to and makes sense to do right away. I do have lots of energy.

Istp i like the quote about you give me courtest ill give it back type of thing. Im not the most mechanical person but instead of say fixing cars and figuring out how they work im more inclined to figure out how to do practical special fx amd take apart things that way.
I do maitnence for a living i do like figuring out why something doesnt work.

The estp ignoring of rules is fitting for me but i know istp has a similar outlook.
The istp constant caught between ti and se (nerdy and cool) is what i feel constantly