• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Help this T decide if he's Fe or Fi

Sineva

Over the years trying to type myself, I found it hardest to determine whether I use Fe or Fi.
Typical MBTI/Jung tests don't really help. I constantly get random results.
If I could solve this question, figuring out the rest of my type would be much easier.

All I know is that I'm a T, but whether my Fe/Fi is tertiary or inferior is difficult to figure out.

Try to hypothetically place me into situations/environments that would require me to use F, and I'll try to answer how I would respond to said hypothetical situation and why I would respond that way.

Thanks!

The Cat

Just a Cat who hangs out at the Crossroads
Staff member
Let the scienceing begin!

Oh No! You're cute neighbor has lost their cat. You've no personal interest in this neighbor thus far, beyond they live next to you and are aesthetically pleasing. What do you do?

Sineva

Let the scienceing begin!

Oh No! You're cute neighbor has lost their cat. You've no personal interest in this neighbor thus far, beyond they live next to you and are aesthetically pleasing. What do you do?

I'd attempt to find the cat, but in secret, without telling the neighbor about it.
I don't like giving false promises. And since I think there's about 20% chance I'd actually be able to find the cat, I don't like giving false hopes either.

I'd treat finding the cat as a personal challenge, to test my skills as an investigator. (since I like to test my limits, my skills/abilities/talents, and whenever an opportunity presents to carry out such tests, I tend to jump at it)

If I won't find the cat, I won't tell the neighbor I ever tried. If I will find the cat, I'll just silently bring it, say "here you go", and try to leave as soon as possible.
The neighbor will likely tell me a lot of words of gratitude, but since I dislike emotional exchanges, I'll just nod, maybe smile a bit, turn around, and leave as soon as possible. As I'm walking away from my neighbors house, I'd be patting myself on the back, telling myself "I'm an awesome investigator!"

The Cat

Just a Cat who hangs out at the Crossroads
Staff member
I'd attempt to find the cat, but in secret, without telling the neighbor about it.
I don't like giving false promises. And since I think there's about 20% chance I'd actually be able to find the cat, I don't like giving false hopes either.

I'd treat finding the cat as a personal challenge, to test my skills as an investigator. (since I like to test my limits, my skills/abilities/talents, and whenever an opportunity presents to carry out such tests, I tend to jump at it)

If I won't find the cat, I won't tell the neighbor I ever tried. If I will find the cat, I'll just silently bring it, say "here you go", and try to leave as soon as possible.
The neighbor will likely tell me a lot of words of gratitude, but since I dislike emotional exchanges, I'll just nod, maybe smile a bit, turn around, and leave as soon as possible. As I'm walking away from my neighbors house, I'd be patting myself on the back, telling myself "I'm an awesome investigator!"

and now the bonus question for extra clarity: Why would you do it this way?

Sineva

and now the bonus question for extra clarity: Why would you do it this way?

Already explained it in my original response.

Why look for the cat? - to test my skills as an investigator. (since I like to test my limits, my skills/abilities/talents, and whenever an opportunity presents to carry out such tests, I tend to jump at it)
Why avoid declaring that I'll look for the cat? - I don't like giving false promises/hopes.
Why turn around, and leave as soon as possible? - I dislike emotional exchanges.