• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

This Enneagram Stuff is Hard

Introspector

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I'm stuck in a conundrum again. Am I a 5 or a 6? I need some help figuring that out. Feel free to ask questions and stuff. I'd like to figure this stuff out quick so I can move on to typing other people and whatnot.

Amberiat

Infinity
I've always seen you as more of a 6 rather than a 5. It's not by much but I think you lean towards 6 more.

LucieCat

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I've been told that the people who question their Enneagram the most are 6s. I don't know if that helps, it doesn't really for me personally.

Chad of the OttomanEmpire

Give me a fourth dot.
MBTI Type
NeTi
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Well are you a competency type or a reactive type?

An attachment type or a withdrawn type?

Do you have more of a 4 subwing or a 7 subwing?

That should give you answers. I don't know you well enough to type you, and neither do those tests. But a quick read through the triads should at least help you refine your ideas.

Lord Lavender

Bluered Trickster
MBTI Type
EVLF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
By far I think 5w6 over 6w5 you seem more aloof and detached than most 6w5s Ive met but then 6w5 w/strong 5 wing and Sp can look more 5w6. My options for your head fix is ether 5w6 or 6w5 with very strong 5 wing and Sp dom as I find Sp/So 6w5 looks more 5w6.

Introspector

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Well are you a competency type or a reactive type?

An attachment type or a withdrawn type?

Do you have more of a 4 subwing or a 7 subwing?

That should give you answers. I don't know you well enough to type you, and neither do those tests. But a quick read through the triads should at least help you refine your ideas.

I'm not sure what you mean by subwings. I relate more to 4 than 7 if that's what you're asking.

Introspector

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
So it's not so hard after all.

I really don't think I'm a 1w9 core type. My mom's an ISFJ 1 and there is a clear difference is terms of detail-orientedness and thought process.

rav3n

I really don't think I'm a 1w9 core type. My mom's an ISFJ 1 and there is a clear difference is terms of detail-orientedness and thought process.
Forget your mother. She's irrelevant to this since you have no idea of her basic fears and desires.

Which enneagram type do you relate to more?

Type One — The Enneagram Institute

Type One in Brief

Ones are conscientious and ethical, with a strong sense of right and wrong. They are teachers, crusaders, and advocates for change: always striving to improve things, but afraid of making a mistake. Well-organized, orderly, and fastidious, they try to maintain high standards, but can slip into being critical and perfectionistic. They typically have problems with resentment and impatience. At their Best: wise, discerning, realistic, and noble. Can be morally heroic.

Basic Fear: Of being corrupt/evil, defective
Basic Desire: To be good, to have integrity, to be balanced
Enneagram One with a Nine-Wing: "The Idealist"
Enneagram One with a Two-Wing: "The Advocate"
Key Motivations: Want to be right, to strive higher and improve everything, to be consistent with their ideals, to justify themselves, to be beyond criticism so as not to be condemned by anyone.

The Meaning of the Arrows (in brief)
When moving in their Direction of Disintegration (stress), methodical Ones suddenly become moody and irrational at Four. However, when moving in their Direction of Integration (growth), angry, critical Ones become more spontaneous and joyful, like healthy Sevens. Learn more about the arrows.

Type Six — The Enneagram Institute

Type Six in Brief

The committed, security-oriented type. Sixes are reliable, hard-working, responsible, and trustworthy. Excellent "troubleshooters," they foresee problems and foster cooperation, but can also become defensive, evasive, and anxious—running on stress while complaining about it. They can be cautious and indecisive, but also reactive, defiant and rebellious. They typically have problems with self-doubt and suspicion. At their Best: internally stable and self-reliant, courageously championing themselves and others.

Basic Fear: Of being without support and guidance
Basic Desire: To have security and support
Enneagram Six with a Five-Wing: "The Defender"
Enneagram Six with a Seven-Wing: "The Buddy"
Key Motivations: Want to have security, to feel supported by others, to have certitude and reassurance, to test the attitudes of others toward them, to fight against anxiety and insecurity.

The Meaning of the Arrows (in brief)
When moving in their Direction of Disintegration (stress), dutiful Sixes suddenly become competitive and arrogant at Three. However, when moving in their Direction of Integration (growth), fearful, pessimistic Sixes become more relaxed and optimistic, like healthy Nine. Learn more about the arrows.

misfortuneteller

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
It is pretty hard. I'd consider myself pretty advanced in it and I still learn some new things now and then. The clue is to focus on the basic motives, basic fears and the harmonic triads. If you still continue to want to learn more then look into disintegration and integration but please avoid tritype and the tests like the black plague.