• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Type these impulses

mez

I've already made a few type-me threads, so I don't need a full typing. I simply want to know your opinion on what these mental impulses are indicative of. (in terms of MBTI type and Jung functions?)

- Since childhood I always experienced a guilty pleasure in asserting my decisions. When a situation arises, and people aren't certain on what course to take, I tend to jump in and tell everyone that "this or that needs to be done", and I tend to be very imposing/assertive on forcing others to follow/implement my decision, even if I'm not 100% sure in its actual value/effectiveness. Somehow, maybe on an "ego" level, I find it more important to "take initiative" and "impose decisions", while the effectiveness/value of said decision takes a secondary priority. Although, this is a trait I have, despite the fact that I tend to be 90% of the time very pensive/reflecting/indecisive/sluggish, silent, introverted, trying to gather as much information, and determine all the pros and cons, before making a decision on any issue... when the situation affects a group of people, rather than myself, I jump into assertive-decision-making-mode much quicker, and much slower when the situation only affects me.
I call it a guilty pleasure, because while I impose/enforce my decisions, at the back of my head I perfectly understand that "I should have given this more careful thought, I should have gathered more data, I should have done more calculations... but heck, putting my foot down here and now matters more than that, so let's go with that!"
Logically - I'm very scared to be wrong. But emotionally - I find pleasure in imposing decisions.

- I also get almost ecstatic pleasure from witnessing myself being "physically efficient". Any kind of efficiency that's connected to physical movement... for example, if I can take a task/action that typically requires 3 steps, and carry it out just in a single smooth motion. And I tend to usually aim at this kind of physically efficiency, smoothness and quickness in all of my daily tasks, whether they are work related, or related to something as simple as making a cup of tea. I even try to implement as much physical efficiency in the way I walk or generally navigate, so that, for example, my body's center of mass would always be in the right place and velocity when navigating through obstacles on the street, so I could get through with minimal physical efforts and maximum lightness and speed. And I get extremely irritated when I witness people making physically inefficient motions... for example, this lady in the grocery store I often stop by, tends to make 1 individual movement for every individual item on the cash table she needs to scan. And to make things worse, she also shifts her center of mass when reaching for another item, which puts more physical strain on her body, and makes the entire process of scanning products longer. It always nags me, and I keep scolding her in my mind: "Why are you so energy inefficient, why are you so slow, why are you torturing yourself and your body, why can't you combine several tasks into one..."