• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Type Me Please? (Feel free to ask for typing)

tealight

MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp
I've been unable to work out my mbti type - but I have a year's worth of research on MBTI so I'm fairly good at typing others. So feel free to link me to your post!

1) What aspect of your personality made you unsure of your type?
The fact that I've observed both fe behavior (focus on others, enjoying the presence of others, feeling better after verbalizing my feelings, focus on keeping things harmony between a social group, and feeling uncomfortable at signs of danger to the peace) and Fi behavior (black and white mentality, ignoring people who go against my values, horrified to learn people do not share my values, not being able to voice my feelings particularly well), along with ni (focus on a singular vision, flashes of insight, knowing without a doubt I will be successful I just need to take the steps to get there) and also ne (thought process going for x to y to z in a few seconds, giving me the answer to a problem, mind constantly wandering, asking out of the box questions).

2) What do you yearn for in life? Why?
Freedom and adventure and success. I want my independence, and find out who I am beyond my relationships (I define myself and attach my self worth to my relationships to an unhealthy degree that I will believe no one wants to be around me if I haven't spent time with anyone in awhile), and have utter control of my life. I want to see and experience the world, and see London and Rome and Paris. I want to be successful in my writing endevors, and have financial stability and have my own cozy apartment with my cats.

3) Think about a time where you felt like you were at your finest. Tell us what made you feel that way.
For the last few days, actually, I decided to stop focusing on others and if they wanted to spend time with me, and ignore the voice in my head saying they didn't care about me. I helped people, and did tasks that were demanded of me without any complaining. I redid my room, making it my own again since it was redone without my permission, and I listened to my music at full blast as I reorganized my blog and gave it a face lift.

Basically taking control of my life, focusing on myself, looking nice, taking steps further into my career, and being productive makes me feel like the best version of myself.

4) What makes you feel inferior?
Being told I'm wrong about something, feeling inept (especially when it comes to my intelligence; I feel inferior around my friends who know more about school subjects or fandom trivia than me, and push myself to learn more on the subjects so I can prove I'm just as intelligent as them and not dumb), or feeling as though people are just using me for my talents, or being told that I'm being irresponsible or missed something crucial. I hate being treated as if I don't know what I'm doing, and being treated as though I am a child. Oh, and having people point out flaws in my appearance.

5) What tends to weigh on your decisions? (Do you think about people, pro-cons, how you feel about it, etc.)
My decision making skills are fairly poor. I consider how badly I want this, consider all the different ways it could go (good and bad), panic, ask for advice from different people, think about it some more, wonder if I can really do the Thingâ„¢, think about the advice, and usually doing my own thing anyway.

6) When working on a project what is normally your emphasis? Do you like to have control of the outcome?

My emphasis is just acknowledging the progress I've made, how good this turned out, and trying to work on the motivation and energy to continue on with it. I guess? I like to have control of things, but it's not a necessary thing for me.

7) Describe a time where you had a lot of fun. How is your memory of it?

Most recently, it was when I went to see Solo with my dad. It was the first time in months (almost a year) I'd gotten to go somewhere without having to worry about my grandmother making a scene, my mom having a panic attack, dealing with my own nerves, having to run errands, or babysit anyone. I felt free. I smiled the whole way to the theater and the whole way back. I was so joyous and free, and the day was perfect because it was also rainy, which I adore. And I got to spend time with my dad, and hear him talk joyously about Star Wars again.

8) When you want to learn something new, what feels more natural for you?
Winging it. I've always learned best from experience. I read a lot of tutorials when it comes to photoshop, but for the most part, I jump in expecting to be able to handle the thing. If I can't and I get stressed, I walk away for a bit until the answer comes to me, and I go back to work until I finish it.

9) How organized do you think of yourself as?
Organized in my own sense. My blog is extremely organized, everything is broken down by

- film: wonder woman
- ch: leopold fitz
- tv: teen wolf

Outside my blog, I have my own bizarre organization system, mainly for my books and comics, but I put things in certain drawers (I have a mementos drawer, a drawer filled with things I need (Tylenol, window locks, ect.) and such.

10) How do you judge new ideas? You try to understand the principles behind it to see if they make sense or do you look for information that supports it?
I tend to be skeptical at first, make my own opinion and stick to it (or adapt opinions from other people, especially my family), but then I'll start hearing other people's viewpoints, listen to what they have to say, start considering that theory/viewpoint seriously, argue with myself about it for a bit, try to give it a shot even if I think I won't like it, realize I do agree with it/like it, feel like an idiot for disagreeing in the first place or just not seeing it before, until I look back to where I started and can't believe I ever thought differently (which is also accompanied by shame or guilt).

11) You find harmony by making sure everyone is doing fine and belonging to a given group or by making sure that you follow what you believe and being yourself?

A little of both. I like knowing that I'm a part of something bigger, and having a sense of belonging, and my surroundings being calming and quiet, aka harmonious. But I do take care to make sure I'm being true to myself - recently I've started watching more films outside of my comfort zone (and the opinions I learned from my parents) to find out my own opinions, and I make a conscious decision to make sure my edits in Photoshop are vibrant like my style, so I'm not just melting into a crowd. And of course, following what I believe is super important.

12) Are you the kind that thinks before speaking or do you speak before thinking? Do you prefer one-on-one communication or group discussions?
I tend to speak before I think, which gets me into trouble a lot, or I'll say something that sounds fine in my head but *shrug emoji* winds up sounding pretty shitty. It depends on the company. In real life, I love having one on one conversations so no one gets left out. Online, I love having group chats with my friends. But only with my friends, especially those I've known for awhile.

13) Do you jump into action right away or do you like to know where are you jumping before leaping? Does action speaks more than words?
I jump in when it comes to tech, and try to jump in sometimes when it comes to moving things and such, but otherwise I need direction to know what to do. I work best when given orders, so that I know what exactly I'm suppose to do, and so I won't do something I'm not suppose to/do something wrong.

Both. Actions are nice and all, but sometimes it's best to hear it as well, ya know?

14) It's Saturday. You're at home, and your favorite show is about to start. Your friends call you for a night out. What will you do?
Tell them I'm not available. Sorry, but I'd prefer to stay home and watch my show then have to socialize. Besides...most of my friends live on the other side of the country, or in entirely different countries! No one is around to go out with anyway.

15) How do you act when you're stressed out?
I become an emotional wreck. I get furious, might throw some non breakable things (I'm not a heathen), then hit an emotional exhaustion stage where I just want to run and hide and I feel empty and awful, and then the smallest things will make me cry my eyes out. I also massively withdraw from people, burying myself in books, or learning about Typology, or getting things that need to be done, done.

16) What makes you dislike the personalities of some people?
I hate people that have to be center of attention, who are judgmental without knowing all the facts, who are unnecessarily rude to people, or are passive agressive. I really, really loathe people that treat others like dirt, to make themselves feel better, and people who try to control the people around them, and throw fits when things don't go their way. I hate people that turn viciously on people for something not happening the way they wanted, and people who are unnecessarily negative and try to ruin things for others.

17) Is there anything you really like talking about with other people?
I love hearing about my friends' original stories, how their day was, funny stories from their past, learning new things about them, and getting to talk about my interests with people who share them (Typology, fandoms, and ships).

18) What kind of things do you pay the least attention to in your life?
Myself? I tend to forget to take care of myself, and as a result I have a lot of flaws in my appearance and such. I don't pay much attention to our neighbors or people across the street, or whatever is catching my paranoid grandmother's eyes, because if it doesn't involve me, my family, my friends, or my cats, then I don't care.

(I mean I care about important stuff, like other people and causes, but ya know, I'm not going to worry about something ridiculous that doesn't concern me).

19) How do your friends perceive you? What is wrong with their perception? ? What would your friends never say about your personality ?
I hate questions like these cos I feel too embarrassed to ask. They tend to percieve me as "sassy, loyal, coffee obsessed, kickass, awkward, bright, optimistic, and sweet." For the most part, they don't see my sarcasm and rudeness, so they don't comment about that, unless by some miracle I've let them see that side of me (I'm terrified if they see my sarcasm/bluntness they'll leave me/hate me). So I would say they're wrong because I don't particularly see myself as good-hearted or sweet, I see myself as this angry, sarcastic person.

20) You got a whole day to do whatever you like. What kind of activities do you feel like doing?
whatever I want???

I'd get pink highlights like I've wanted, I'd go to the bookstore for hours and look at books and read and drink frappes, and meet up with my friends and hang with them and hear them laugh and talk and go see movies with them, and experience something new, and have fun, sing along to every song without feeling embarrassed, snuggling with my cats, spending time with my parents, and ending the day curled up in bed with a cup of tea, my lamp and my candles set up, snuggled under a blanket, and listening to calming music and reading.