• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Type Me, Please!

tealight

MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp
I've been struggling with determining my MBTI type. I'm almost positive I'm a Fe/Ni user, but there's still a seed of doubt.

0. Is there anything that may affect the way you answer the questions? For example, a stressful time, mental illness, medications, special life circumstances? Other useful information includes sex, age, and current state of mind.

I'm 18 (19 in November), and I'm female (not sure how that helps but regardless). I have OCD, and I'm constantly troubled by intrusive thoughts. My current state of mind is pretty askew, between:

- my mom who has two broken toes
- aforementioned intrusive thoughts
- my grandmother who is a negative Nancy about everything, and is constantly grilling us about everything, and expects us to constantly go out with her even if we're not feeling well (or as mentioned above two broken toes).
- I'm also feeling underappreciated since no one really spends time with me unless they want me for something, and I feel as though I have no control over my life, which has really pushed me into a funk and I'm almost always angry because of that.

1. Click on this link: Flickr: Explore! Look at the random photo for about 30 seconds. Copy and paste it here, and write about your impression of it.
flickr[.]com/photos/juusonmaisemavalokuvat/40563524980/in/explore-2018-05-26

My first impression was "eh" but that's because I'm not really much of a nature person. The sky looks absolutely beautiful, and I'm extremely curious about the line of trees in the distance - where do they lead? The colors and shadows in the photo are magnificent, and I love the sunset. It reminds me a bit of a scene from the end of Riverdale's pilot, tbh, if only the colors were a bit more muted.

2. You are with a group of people in a car, heading to a different town to see your favorite band/artist/musician. Suddenly, the car breaks down for an unknown reason in the middle of nowhere. What are your initial thoughts? What are your outward reactions?

I'd be very disappointed/angry at the prospect of missing the concert, and then I'd probably get creeped out at the prospect of being in the middle of nowhere - that's where all the horror movies start. Honestly - this has happened only twice in my life - and both I was positively bored and melodramatic. We'd never see civilization again! Ect. Ect. And I don't think that will have changed much, except maybe I've gotten better at stopping when told to chill (though I hate being told to chill).

3. You somehow make it to the concert. The driver wants to go to the afterparty that was announced (and assure you they won't drink so they can drive back later). How do you feel about this party? What do you do?

Nope. Nopity nope nope nope. But I wouldn't be a party pooper, and I wouldn't fancy driving home with someone I didn't know, so I'd just find a semi quiet place and listen to music with my headphones and surf social media until they got done having their fun, and then go home. I don't deal with crowds/loud noises, so I sincerely doubt I'd do well with an after party. Or a party of any kind.

4. On the drive back, your friends are talking. A friend makes a claim that clashes with your current beliefs. What is your inward reaction? What do you outwardly say?

I have this happen almost on the regular. My inward reaction is seething anger, how could you even say that, and ranting mentally about how wrong they are, and happily imagining putting them in the place.

But I don't say anything, I keep quiet, and I might rant to my friends through text about it, but that's about the extent of it. My motto is unfortunately talk less, smile more.

5. What would you do if you actually saw/experienced something that clashes with your previous beliefs, experiences, and habits?
. Honestly, I'd be stubborn about it. I'd go into denial, even try to argue against it, clinging to my old belief, until realization finally set in and I started observing all the evidence that leads it to being this other thing. Then I'd slowly accept it, and then feel mind blown that I ever believed the other way.

6. What are some of your most important values? How did you come about determining them? How can they change?
I don't focus much on my values, but for the last two years (during my infamous search for my Hogwarts house yeah) I realized I value kindness, doing what is right, acceptance, and freedom.

A lot of my values I was taught, some of them I learned from Doctor Who - I never make judgments on people by anything but their character, I always try to be kind because there's too much of the other thing, and I always try do what is right, even if I don't feel like it.

I use to really value intelligence, but I realized being kind mattered more than being smart. So my beliefs have changed by the fact that I've noticed what matters more.

7. a) What about your personality most distinguishes you from everyone else? b) If you could change one thing about you personality, what would it be? Why?

Probably my habit of seeing outside the box, being intuitive, and asking the oddest questions. I tend to come up with solutions that no one else does, and I intuitively know how to do things, otherwise I jump in with both feet and expect to figure it out hands on (I almost always do). I ask a lot of weird questions - what would happen if you mixed bath bombs and bubble bath? Can cats' legs fall asleep like humans' do? Ect. Ect.

Just one thing?? Probably my quickness to anger. As soon as someone endangers someone I care about (at least in my eyes), or asks me to do something else for them when I'm trying to finally relax, I get extremely annoyed and sarcastic and rude. I tend to be extremely blunt and say the rudest things after being forced to do something I don't want to, and having to put up with someone I don't like all day. So I'd definitely change my attitude.

8. How do you treat hunches or gut feelings? In what situations are they most often triggered?

I trust them, most of the time. It's hard to differ what's a hunch and what's an intrusive thought sometimes, but when it comes to hunches, I trust them. Gut feelings not so much. But hunches I do, because they're at least partially based in logic.

If I get a gut feeling about something, I logic my way out of it after a few minutes of indecision.

Hunches appear when I hit road blocks, or when I'm thinking about my favorite shows, or processing information I've learned and generating ideas from that. I fully believe my hunches and am surprised if they turn out to be false. Gut feelings come around people, and while sometimes I logic myself out of them, I do search for evidence of being right. If my gut feeling is right, I do what is necessary (typically block them on social media if they are rude, or remain politely skeptical around suspicious folk irl).

9. a) What activities energize you most? b) What activities drain you most? Why?
a) talking with my friends, and exercising. I adore that and I feel energized afterward, like I could do whatever I want.
b) work, being asked to do more favors. Because typically it isn't fun, or I'm just tired of being asked, and I resign myself to being everyone's errand girl again.

10. What do you repress about your outward behavior or internal thought process when around others? Why?

I repress my sarcasm around those who aren't always around me, because I'm afraid they'll leave me if they see how rude I can be. And I almost always keep my opinions to myself, because I don't want to burden people or make it seem like I'm disagreeing or judging them for their opinions, and I'm terrified of being told I'm wrong, or being hated and rejected for my opinions.

Note: I've been typed several times, to varying results, but I was basing off behavior and not cognitive functions. Based on my own observations, I'm confident that I use fi/ni, but I'm not sure in what order. My friend believes I could be an esfp. This is imported from my thread on PC, because I received no help there.