• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Spec Needs Enneagram Help

Introspector

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Enneagram is, in my opinion, better than MBTI because rather than measuring traits or thinking processes, it measures motives and fears. I feel that there is much more flexibility in enneagram, two E2s can be almost incomparable yet still undeniably E2, while from my findings, many people with the same MBTi type are pretty similar/comparable to each other. That being said, I still use both and I'm trying to learn more about enneagram in general as well as how enneagram and MBTI correlate and different combos look and act. Right now, I'm debating whether I'm a 5w6 or a 6w5. I'll write some stuff about that on this post later but this thread also exists so that I can have a way to get access to people who know more about typology than me and have a better idea, because right now, information on correlations and combos between MBTI and enneagram are lacking. Anyway, I'll start writing some little tidbits about myself.

-I am very, very spaced out most of the time. Unless something gets my attention, usually in some unexpected way, I have trouble registering what I hear and I usually forget what I heard only seconds later. My movements are also very clumsy and uncoordinated. I'm generally "out-of-it." Keep in mind that I have mild-moderate sensory processing disorder, so some of what I'm describing could be a symptom of that.

-I hate working in groups. I believe that the person best qualified for any project or task is myself, and that other people are slowing me down. When I do work with people, I take on much of the responsibility and I feel a lot of guilt if something goes wrong.

-I have some trust issues, and because of that I don't really ask people for help because I think they may be incapable of adequately helping. The only opinions I trust are my parents and really close friends, and in those cases, I don't hesitate to reach out for help. Other than that, I don't really ask though.

-I'd say that I have more of an emphasis on stability and security rather than gaining knowledge, but my core fear is definitely more 5 than 6. I feel really scared and almost queasy when something feels shifty or out of my control, and I have an emphasis on consistency, control, and reliability. I like to know the whole truth when making a decision, which makes me semi-indecisive on my values and viewpoints since it can be very hard to get an objective point of view these days.

-I enjoy troubleshooting a lot. Finding a practical and logical solution to a problem using theories is my cup of tea, which is why I'm interested in politics (not that you'd know from my activity on here). I like solving problems and finding more effective means of doing things.

Is that enough information? I hope so. As my question about my own type gets answered, I'm hoping to expand this thread into a Q&A type thing where I can ask something like, "what would a... let's say ISFJ 6w5-1w9-2w1 so/sx look like?" Anyway that is all. Please reply. Thank you.

~Spec

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
I have a few questions, if you don't mind.
How old are you?
What do you do for a living?
How do you feel about rules?
Do you test people for trustworthiness? Is this covert?

Introspector

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I have a few questions, if you don't mind.
How old are you?
What do you do for a living?
How do you feel about rules?
Do you test people for trustworthiness? Is this covert?

I don't feel comfortable with saying age or occupation, as I prefer for my actual life to not interfere with my online life. I will say this, however. I have an interest in politics and governments, and I feel an obligation to enhance the comfort, convenience, and quality of other people's lives. I feel that rules are necessary in order for a society, big or small, to function, although I see many rule makers get too carried away with their power. And yes, I do have trustworthiness "tests" which I'd like to think are covert.

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
I have more to say, but am a bit tied up with mom stuff right now. I will say that I wasn't implying anything in the typing thread, merely trying to feel you out for some things. I got the sense that you were skeptical of where I was coming from (I'm glad I didn't respond right away cuz I think I originally injected a reactive tone into your response, but read it otherwise a second time). As for my "Castle or Totem" question, I was trying to determine which type of 5 you were. However, now I'm wondering if you are an e6 Sp/So. I'd recommend reading both Sx-blind descriptions of 6 here: Six Stacks | The Enneagram ...info from the underground.

This is by no means an all encompassing resource, but it's a good intro. You can check out other type descriptions too.