• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Help understanding my Ne/Si or Se/Ni preference?

Burning

Hello everyone. I would like to have help in understanding my type. Is better if someone is expert in SOCIONICS field, but also MBTI inputs are welcome. Thanks.

1) What aspect of your personality made you unsure of your type?
I am unsure about my S/N preference, is unclear for me if I prefer more Se/Ni or Ne/Si.

2) What do you yearn for in life? Why?
I would like to be the kind of person that can pass through problems smartly, basically I want to be a good problem solver and good at overcoming obstacles.

3) Think about a time where you felt like you were at your finest. Tell us what made you feel that way.
I am at my finest when I can prove myself I am capable to pass through stuffs and to accomplish goals. More I prove that to myself, more I am healthy. So, usually being able to deal with unexpected, problems and other stuffs like that make me feel energized and proud when I pass through those stuffs.

4) What makes you feel inferior?
Not reaching the standard I put on myself.

5) What tends to weigh on your decisions? (Do you think about people, pro-cons, how you feel about it, etc.)
I am more a tactician than a strategist. Or, better: the goal doesn't change, but the path to arrive it can be convoluted. I choose what is the best option in the current moment that will make me closer to my goal and stick to that till I accomplish my objective. On the way I can value new possibilities, and change the course of action to jump on something can lead me faster or in a more effective way to the goal. So, I would say I don't plan steps to arrive at the goal. To accomplish the task I take into account my own moral values and I don't cross them never... Or if I do, is always because a reaction to some external pressure.

6) When working on a project what is normally your emphasis? Do you like to have control of the outcome?
I try to accomplish the goal following a path that I think it works. If it doesn't, I brainstorm methods that can work, and go on to accomplish the goal.

7) Describe us a time where you had a lot of fun. How is your memory of it?
I don't experience a lot of fun, but people around me say that I warm up in social situations and that I result more enjoyable when I am in a situation that allow me to don't be so concerned about carrying out goals. Basically that means that I switch a lot between focused and on the spot at work and friendly and nice in social environments. This made me doubt a bit also Fi over Fe preference (also because for me is hard to hide my emotions) but I think I prefer Fi more because I strive for close interactions with people. If I am in a group with totally unknown people or people that I don't admire, I can't have fun (see discos, pubs, etc). Also I am more responding than initiating in social clues, and I need time to value the person in front of me, if is worth or not to be trust, if I like him/her or not, etc. I tend to make moral judgement on the person and my fun is related also to that.

8) When you want to learn something new, what feels more natural for you? (Are you more prone to be hands on, to theorize, to memorize, etc)
Take a book that explain it. FOllow explanations two or three time to understand the concept well and being sure of that. Then modify the procedure basing on my needs in new situations.

9) How organized do you to think of yourself as?
Average.

10) How do you judge new ideas? You try to understand the principles behind it to see if they make sense or do you look for information that supports it?
I try to see the theory and how it matches with real life. If it doesn't in a good way, theory is useless.

11) You find harmony by making sure everyone is doing fine and belonging to a given group or by making sure that you follow what you believe and being yourself?
Usually the most important thing is that what we do is in line wuth what I like. Can be exceptions: I went to a disco one time even if I dislike it, to don't interrupt the mood. But I left early to go and do something enjoyable to me :)

12) Are you the kind that thinks before speaking or do you speak before thinking? Do you prefer one-on-one communication or group discussions?
I prefer one-one communication, and I don't think excessively before to speak... usually I pinpoint facts that don't support the theory that is being discussed ('all the woman are black hair' 'I have 3 examples that prove you are wrong'). Is not that I dislike theory or law, but if they make a generalization it has to be at core point ('all the woman have biological characteristics') or it is not useful.

13) Do you jump into action right away or do you like to know where are you jumping before leaping? Does action speaks more than words?
Yes, actions speaks more than words and usually I jump in things without valuing proper risks... I am a positivist. I thing that I will find a good way to go out well.

14) It's Saturday. You're at home, and your favorite show is about to start. Your friends call you for a night out. What will you do?
If we have to go discos or other large social gatherings, I dislike and I stay at home. Otherwise they can join me in watching show together or I can register the show and go outside with my friend to do something enjoyable for both (drink something, go at theather, trying something new that I never did before).

15) How do you act when you're stressed out?
I got depressed and I am not able to move a finger. My mind becomes confuse. I can't distinguish reality and I overlook details, brainstorming on their possible meaning, I am not able to see the evidence of the big picture, I become over detailed, and over simplistic in detail explanation. I don't see how to act to go out the situation, everything seems not useful to accomplish the goal, the path to arrive it becomes to blur, and I esitate on what I have to do. To get out of that usually I need to acquire new concrete infos that allow me to be again in contact with reality, or someone that helps me to go out that through rational explanation of what is the best path to follow.

16) What makes you dislike the personalities of some people?
People that do uneffective stuffs, and that give a false impression of who they are. I will make some example.
I like Littlefinger in Game of Thrones. He has a shitty system of values, but he is able to accomplish goals, being effective... and he doesn't lie on his true nature. I mean, he is a snake and he doesn't hide it. Take in the same show, Margaery Tyrell. She wants power, but act friendly where she doesn't care about people... I dislike this thing, not the fact that she is driven.

17) Is there anything you really like talking about with other people?
Interactions of situations and how they can develop, what is likely, what is not. But usually I speak about effectiveness at work, or procedures, methods, etc. Not all the people are good at speaking about the first theme.

18) What kind of things do pay the least attention to in your life?
Order in real world. Till I can navigate the situation toward my goal, is ok, I don't pay attention at other stuffs around me.

19) How do your friends perceive you? What is wrong about their perception? What would your friends never say about your personality?
They have problem in defining me. Friendly, but selective in friendships (I want to be choosen and to choose, I dislike passive interactions). Positivist, go in the action, but overcautios when loved people are involved. Needs to go in the world a lot and experience stuffs, but some periodical rest is required, usually not a long one. Value privacy, but is also willing to have fun and go around, exploring new things. Never come back on past experiences, learn from them and go on. Overfocused

20) You got a whole day to do whatever you like. What kind of activities do you feel like doing?
Go in te world and try new things out. Dwelve in experiments and new opportunities, and then come back to apply my new knowledge on the main field I am interested in.