• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

ENTJ or INTJ?

SamanHit

Enneagram
3w4
Hello folks
My name is Saman,im 23 and i live in iran
i want some help about my true mbti type,the problem is most of my personality fits entj description like being Very-driven,hardworking and i also have a very high tendency to marshall and direct others(Im currently in the military)but when it comes to social interaction on a regular basis im not social at all,i cant stand small talk and even worse talk about feelings.

so can i be a very active intj or im just a reserved entj?

Thanks!

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Hello, [MENTION=37342]SamanHit[/MENTION], and welcome to the forum. There are plenty of people here who would be happy to help you figure out your type. It is hard, though, when you have just joined and we have only a couple posts to go by. I suggest you check out some of the threads in the Online Personality Tests subforum, starting with the top one, created here. Some of the threads in the MBTI and Cognitive Functions subforum might be helpful as well. Meanwhile, make some posts on whatever topics interest you, so people can get to know you better. Consider this type-me a thread to be a work in progress. Eventually you should get some helpful replies.

MZJohnson

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w2
Shouldn't have to ask

I would ask some other questions that could help you decide:

ENTJs often prefer a life of business, scheduled out hour by hour. ENTJs are pros at organizing people and getting them to support their causes.

INTJs on the other hand, don’t always want their life to be scheduled strictly, and INTJs are well known as school-haters for this very reason. They are efficient in completing tasks, but often, those tasks are done without other people, and thus, don’t require a schedule. They do not enjoy leadership roles unless necessary. They are more introspective and in tune with their emotions than ENTJs.

Which do you picture yourself as?

SamanHit

Enneagram
3w4
I would ask some other questions that could help you decide:

ENTJs often prefer a life of business, scheduled out hour by hour. ENTJs are pros at organizing people and getting them to support their causes.

INTJs on the other hand, don’t always want their life to be scheduled strictly, and INTJs are well known as school-haters for this very reason. They are efficient in completing tasks, but often, those tasks are done without other people, and thus, don’t require a schedule. They do not enjoy leadership roles unless necessary. They are more introspective and in tune with their emotions than ENTJs.

Which do you picture yourself as?

i prefer a scheduled life mainly becasue it makes things much easier specially at work.i also tend to be a bit bossy and people often tell me that i get on their nerves casue im too serious and rigid...while i can be very controlling i do most of my things alone cause i dont really need the help of other people in doing my stuff.

i hated school though becasue most things they teach you there is time wasting and they dont have any use in real life(specially in my country becasue they teach too much religious stuff)

but i crave leadership roles and i really like to be in charge:D...its the goal of my life

Yuurei

Noncompliant
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Hello folks
My name is Saman,im 23 and i live in iran
i want some help about my true mbti type,the problem is most of my personality fits entj description like being Very-driven,hardworking and i also have a very high tendency to marshall and direct others(Im currently in the military)but when it comes to social interaction on a regular basis im not social at all,i cant stand small talk and even worse talk about feelings.

so can i be a very active intj or im just a reserved entj?

Thanks!

It sounds a lot like you have been taken in by many frustrating stereotypes about extroverts:

-That we are loud
-That we get along with/love everyone
-That we are very open
-That we talk to much

None of these have anything to do with being an Extrovert and have more to do with the individual. Frankly, I have NO idea where you got the idea the impression that ENTJ correlates to being more emotional than INTJ. We're pretty much the same on that front.

As I often explain to others " I do not LIKE people. I am just bored without them." I detest small talk and have even abandoned friendships over their habit of speaking for hours and saying nothing.

Last edited: