• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Please help me with my type

Kaiser

Hey you guys. I would really appreciate it if you could help me identify my personality type, I will follow EJCC's qustionairre.

- What aspect of your personality made you unsure of your type?
Recently I have been getting ENTJ a lot. Before that I got INTJ very often. I get those types because I'm a rational long term planner. Maybe I don't know enough about these types, but of what I know these two types don't fit my profile.
I'm not a natural leader like the ENTJ and I'm not shy like the INTJ is (don't mean to offend anyone, just basing this of stereotypes).

- What do you yearn for in life? Why?
I want to be successful. I want to contribute to something, make a difference. I want to be respected and known as a great leader. I feel that you live this one time, you should make the most of it. I don't want to be forgotten 5 years after I die.

- What makes you feel inferior?
When my voice isn't heard. When I speak and no one listens, and when I'm constantly being told what to do. When I'm not invited to something. I get over it pretty quickly though.

- What tends to weigh on your decisions?
I make a pro's and con's list. Either mentally or on paper, emotion doesn't affect my action, even if I feel bad about it (if I'm nervous, anxious, feeling depressed, which doesn't happen often).

- When working on a project what is normally your emphasis?
Depends if I care about the project or not. If i care, there are thousand times i would just wish I could do it myself. I want to have control and know what everyone in the group are writing (and they usually ask me to read their part). If i don't care, I'll just do my part.

- Describe a memory where you had lots of fun. How is your memory of it?
I have a memory of when I was my country's capital, me and my dad went swimming. I was maybe 8 years old. And I remember the water was so warm and it felt so nice,and me and my dad threw a small ball to each other. I don't know why I remember that specific memory, we went swimming a thousand times, but that one really sticks out.

- When you want to learn something new, what feels most natural for you?
I learn best if I pressure myself and try it out myself. Take my time. I only feel it's necessary to learn things that apply to the real world, knowledge is useless if you can't use it. Sure, I think abstract concepts are fun but I prefer to be able to use knowledge to my advantage.

- How organized do you think of yourself as?
I think of myself as an organised person. All my stuff is in order, I prepare clothes for every morning, I have my day planned out. I plan my trips. And it all happens naturally in my head. I'm not extremely organised, but I'm not messy.

- How do you judge new ideas?
I try to understand the principle behind it. If anything I look for information that does NOT support it. It easier to try to figure out why it works, you should try to anticipate why it won't work.

- Are you the kind who thinks before speaking or speak before thinking? Do you prefer group conversations or one on one conversations?
I think before I speak. In anger I speak before I think. I prefer working as a group, but prefer one on one conversations. It's harder to motivate a group of people because everyone is motivated by different things. I have no issues talking In front of a group, but one on one is my preference. I am not imitated by anyone in a one on one conversation, I could speak with Stalin in a one on one conversations without breaking a sweat.

- Do you jump into action right away or do you like to know where you are jumping before leaping? Does action speaks more than words?
I jump into action a right away. I can tell after 1 second if it's a good idea or not. I like to get things done. I much better enjoy acting than talking. But if I get a good idea, I like to bring it up and discuss it with someone.

- What makes you dislike the personality of some people?
People who can't accept they are wrong. People who complain about stuff and NEVER do anything about it. People who complain about small things in life and takes everything for granted. People who limit themselves.

Hope that is enough info. If you have any questions I'd be happy to answer!

Kaiser

I did the key2cognition test and got a interesting result. I can't copy and paste on my phone for some reason, but I posted my results on another subforum. I know tests and quizes aren't always accurate, but it might give some insight of what type of personality I have.

You can find my post here

Any help would be appreciated.

Lord Lavender

Bluered Trickster
MBTI Type
EVLF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Hmmmm overall I get a lot of Te here its obviously your main way of seeing the world so id say at a first glance ExTJ. Overall I get more of a ESTJ vibe here but then your aux function isn't really visible here you just seem more grounded and action orientated than abstract but ENTJ with well honed Se could work too. I see a really obvious 3w4 core and a 8 fix with balanced wings but your head type isn't clear from the above.

Hmm to figure out your head type do you deal with anxiety by withdrawing, seeking reassurance or distracting yourself?

Kaiser

Hmmmm overall I get a lot of Te here its obviously your main way of seeing the world so id say at a first glance ExTJ. Overall I get more of a ESTJ vibe here but then your aux function isn't really visible here you just seem more grounded and action orientated than abstract but ENTJ with well honed Se could work too. I see a really obvious 3w4 core and a 8 fix with balanced wings but your head type isn't clear from the above. Hmm to figure out your head type do you deal with anxiety by withdrawing, seeking reassurance or distracting yourself?
Hmm. I do not seek reassurance. I usually try to withdraw, but can't because I want solve what's stressing me out or distract myself. Usually distract myself by solving it. This is how I handle stress. I haven't had anxiety for a while though and can't remember how I handled it. Distracting myself seem most relatable.
I'm not familiar with ennegrams, what's the best website to read about it?

Mayflower

King Ping
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Hello. I'm about to fall flat on my face so I'll leave a link to a little test to see where you stand. I return tomorrow to give my opinion. This Test

Mayflower

King Ping
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
After reading your questionnaire, you do seem like a T type, particularly Te. Let me try to weed out your axis.

Which of the statements is the most you?

-Something is true / acceptable if:

A). It ties in with my inner logic and understanding / is politic and mannerly based on the external circumstances.

B). It has been deemed so through objective measure and structure / it is in accordance to an inner ethic or value.

-What aspect of the world warrants the most attention from you?

A). Your focus is on experiencing the world as is / You are drawn to pinpoint an inner essence or symbolism within the objective world.

B). Your focus is taking note of the subjective sensations that strike within / the various connections that tie sensations together.

Kaiser

After reading your questionnaire, you do seem like a T type, particularly Te. Let me try to weed out your axis. Which of the statements is the most you? -Something is true / acceptable if: A). It ties in with my inner logic and understanding / is politic and mannerly based on the external circumstances. B). It has been deemed so through objective measure and structure / it is in accordance to an inner ethic or value. -What aspect of the world warrants the most attention from you? A). Your focus is on experiencing the world as is / You are drawn to pinpoint an inner essence or symbolism within the objective world. B). Your focus is taking note of the subjective sensations that strike within / the various connections that tie sensations together.

First question:
A) is the most relatable.
Second question:
B)
Just some info that might be helpful; I've been a lot more spontaneous and live in the moment type of guy ever since i met my girlfriend (met her 3 years ago). I now enjoy art, I enjoy quality food and wine (not just pizza and beer lol), we take trips to countries we've never been to, and I also started smoking. All these things are Se, if I'm not mistaken?
We are both 20 years old. I don't know if she helped me develop my Se, or just helped me find my true identity which is Se dominant. My life was not as exciting before I met her I can tell you that.
I do know I agree with what Lord Lavender said, 3w4 is a perfect fit for me.

Mayflower

King Ping
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
First question:
A) is the most relatable.
Second question:
B)
Just some info that might be helpful; I've been a lot more spontaneous and live in the moment type of guy ever since i met my girlfriend (met her 3 years ago). I now enjoy art, I enjoy quality food and wine (not just pizza and beer lol), we take trips to countries we've never been to, and I also started smoking. All these things are Se, if I'm not mistaken?
We are both 20 years old. I don't know if she helped me develop my Se, or just helped me find my true identity which is Se dominant. My life was not as exciting before I met her I can tell you that.
I do know I agree with what Lord Lavender said, 3w4 is a perfect fit for me.

With this, I'm leaning IXTP..? When you are doing these activities, what about them really sticks with you (say you are looking back at your past. What would be the most memorable aspect). Take a look at this link to see which dom function seems like you. Jung Summary

I do agree you seem 3'ish

Kaiser

With this, I'm leaning IXTP..? When you are doing these activities, what about them really sticks with you (say you are looking back at your past. What would be the most memorable aspect). Take a look at this link to see which dom function seems like you. Jung Summary I do agree you seem 3'ish
I have actually considered IXTP. Problem is, I don't relate to much with introverted thinking. I'm the opposite, 85% if the time i want to learn things that I can actually use in the real world. I like to get stuff done.
I do have Se in my stack, I just don't know where.
When I'm doing all of these activities, I think this will make my girlfriend happy. And if she is happy, she will make me happy. She suffers from depression and anxiety attacks (which was totally new and unfamiliar with me when we first met) and she has been fighting it like a warrior ever since we started dating. She deserves a good time. It also gives me an opportunity to see how things are like in different countries, I'm not gonna stay for the rest of my life in my current town. There's nothing to do here, and it limits your potential so much. There's a lot more possibilities in the bigger cities like Paris or London.
Edit: I've piled it town to two types: ESTJ or ENTJ. Both make sense, just got to research a bit. Your help has been tremendous!

Mayflower

King Ping
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
If you need more help, I'll be around.

Kaiser

If you need more help, I'll be around.
Thanks. I appreciate it l.
I started getting annoyed with MBTI. It's to vague, and to relatable for everyone, which pissed me off. So I turned to the ennegram and in my honest opinion, is a thousand times better.
So the plan was; identify which ennegram type I am, and then see which MBTI type is most likely to be that type.
Type three was perfect fit, at first. I don't really care about my image. Otherwise it was a good fit.
Type eight was also nearly perfect. Fear of being controlled and manipulated? That's me right there. If someone gives me orders, I can become a jerk/asshole about it and make them feel bad.
For example, someone tells me to clean the dishes. I respond "as soon as you picked up all your clothes that are laying all over the apartment". Kinda dicky, rude, but that's how I control situations. I feel like a dog if I follow orders. I always tell them to ask, not tell. I want to have a choice. I hate being forced into stuff. Because of this people can get annoyed or tired of me and it's understandable, I don't blame them at all.
I don't take charge in every situation I am in. I just make it clear that I don't take bullshit, I say what I think and I'm not shy. Of course I don't walk around with a stick up my ass all the time, I also put a lot effort in to be friendly charming and generous.
My girlfriend took an Ennegram test for me and got a 8w7. So according to her I'm 8w7, but not according to me. They seem to have a lot more energy than I have. I am a little bit more laid back. I enjoy traveling like a 7 does, but the description of a 8w7 seem to be a bit "too much if you know what I mean.
Either way, ENTJs seem to either be 8s or 3s. ESTJs as well. So I'm back at square one.

LucieCat

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I have to agree that ExTJ sounds most likely. If you really think Se is in your stack, it could be your tertiary making it you an ENTJ since ESTJs use Si. Sometimes our tertiary functions can influence us a lot because they have the same focus (outer world or inner world) as our dominant function. For me, I'm personally very aware of my own tertiary function, particularly my shortcomings with it. We're supposed to rely on our auxiliary more, but there's no denying that sometimes the tertiary feels a bit safer and like something we should have a greater mastery of even if we really don't.

Kaiser

I have to agree that ExTJ sounds most likely. If you really think Se is in your stack, it could be your tertiary making it you an ENTJ since ESTJs use Si. Sometimes our tertiary functions can influence us a lot because they have the same focus (outer world or inner world) as our dominant function. For me, I'm personally very aware of my own tertiary function, particularly my shortcomings with it. We're supposed to rely on our auxiliary more, but there's no denying that sometimes the tertiary feels a bit safer and like something we should have a greater mastery of even if we really don't.
I know I get this "aha" moments that Ni comes with. When I was studying math and had trouble; later that day when I'm sitting on the balcony, the answer or which method to use would magically pop into my head. The trouble with this is I don't trust these "hunches. I don't feel it makes sense going around believing what your gut is telling you all the time. I felt the need to run inside and immediately try it out and see if it works though and it usually did. Another weird thing is after these "realizations" the rest of the chapter was way easier than it was in the beginning.
This might be Ne however. I have read about Ni and Ne but don't understand the descriptions. It's so vague and they're awfully similar, so please correct me if I'm wrong.

Mayflower

King Ping
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Have you watched some of Michael Pierce's videos? He does a great job of described the functions and getting into the mindsets of each type. Michael Pierce

Lord Lavender

Bluered Trickster
MBTI Type
EVLF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Hmm. I do not seek reassurance. I usually try to withdraw, but can't because I want solve what's stressing me out or distract myself. Usually distract myself by solving it. This is how I handle stress. I haven't had anxiety for a while though and can't remember how I handled it. Distracting myself seem most relatable.
I'm not familiar with ennegrams, what's the best website to read about it?

That seems very competency outlook how you deal with aniexty which points to a 5 in head. You seem by far more 5w6 than 5w4 just by feel alone nothing concrete. Ive got a few sites that may interest you.

9types.com - Enneagram tests, type descriptions, forums

Explore the 9 Enneagram type descriptions