• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

20Q questionnaire- what are your thoughts?

Ocean_Breeze

Hi, I've filled in this questionnaire and was hoping someone would share their opinion about my MBTI type.

1) What aspect of your personality made you unsure of your type?
I’ve reached the point where I’m too aware of what I’m doing and thinking ‘ooh that could be X function’ so I’ve confused myself…

2) What do you yearn for in life? Why?
To be content and peaceful and live with as little stress as possible. For me the most important things are family, health and happiness.

3) Think about a time where you felt like you were at your finest. Tell us what made you feel that way.
When I dropped out of uni. I felt strong and confident because I’d followed my gut into making a decision and I made all my own decisions, sorted all the arrangements myself and felt like I’d made a choice that was absolutely right for me rather than following the ‘safe’ pathway of getting a degree because I didn’t know what else to do.

4) What makes you feel inferior?

I don’t ever feel inferior because I don’t think anyone should feel inferior or superior to anyone, including myself. I can feel intimidated when I’m in an unknown place or situation.

5) What tends to weigh on your decisions? (Do you think about people, pro-cons, how you feel about it, etc.)
My decision making process is changing. I used to consider all the pros and cons, consider the outcome of every scenario and all the future implications it may have but these days I follow my gut more as trying to be ‘sensible’ has gotten me into situations where I’m not truly happy.

6) When working on a project what is normally your emphasis? Do you like to have control of the outcome?
I can sometimes be a control freak. I have an idea of exactly how I want things to turn out and I make sure people do things that way. I’m good at being an efficient problem solver so in things like group projects at school or uni, I can break down the assignment and know exactly how to get the marks with minimal effort so my way of doing things can seem rigid and repetitive but it works.

7) Describe us a time where you had a lot of fun. How is your memory of it?
Okay this is going to make me sound really boring but when I think of fun I think of children running around, laughing and being care-free but I don’t remember the last time I felt care-free. Literally even when I was a small child I didn’t do the ‘care-free crazy fun’ like doing daring stunts on climbing frames or swinging too high because I knew the potential consequences of falling and injuring myself. That being said, I do have plenty of ‘enjoyable’ times. My happiest memories tend to involve hard work, beautiful surroundings and good food! For example I went to the Scottish Highlands this Winter just gone and on one of the days we climbed Ben Nevis then went for a pub meal. Climbing the mountain was cold and tiring, my fingers were totally numb and the steps/pathways were icy. I was sweating and frozen at the same time, I ached all over but the visuals were utterly stunning! Nevis range covered in snow and the houses/buildings/campsite at the base looking tiny. I love being high up and looking down on the world. Anyway, afterwards we sort of collapsed in seats at a pub were completely drained of energy and hurt all over. It was fantastic and felt like we’d really achieved something. And a huge lasagne with garlic bread then chocolate fudge cake was definitely well deserved.

8) When you want to learn something new, what feels more natural for you? (Are you more prone to be hands on, to theorize, to memorize, etc)
I learn with visuals (a diagram or video helps me) and by linking it to previous things through it being similar or a continuation somehow.

9) How organized do you to think of yourself as?
Well I’m fantastic at making lists. Sadly I tend to go off list. In my head I’m very organised but in reality I think I can appear scattered. For example, I have a list of every assignment/report/exam due this year. I can tell someone the due date of a piece of work months in advance. But I still do everything the night before. I think this may have more to do with how interested I am in what I’m doing though.

10) How do you judge new ideas? You try to understand the principles behind it to see if they make sense or do you look for information that supports it?
I don’t know how to answer this because I can’t think of an example to work off.

11) You find harmony by making sure everyone is doing fine and belonging to a given group or by making sure that you follow what you believe and being yourself?
This is a tough one. I want to say both. Being yourself doesn’t mean you have to be inconsiderate or rude. I believe in compromise.

12) Are you the kind that thinks before speaking or do you speak before thinking? Do you prefer one-on-one communication or group discussions?
Always think before speaking. Generally I prefer one one on one talks but it does depend on the person. If I know the person well or they are chatty, then great but if the other person is someone who is quiet and I don’t know them well then I can have difficulty making conversation. Small groups are my favourite as I can take a backseat in the conversation when I want to and just listen and interject when I want.

13) Do you jump into action right away or do you like to know where are you jumping before leaping? Does action speaks more than words?
I like to know where I’m leaping (I’m that person that researches the layout of the train station to know exactly where they’re going days in advance!). Actions speak way louder than words.

14) It's Saturday. You're at home, and your favorite show is about to start. Your friends call you for a night out. What will you do?
No way am I going out! My favourite show isn’t just a TV show- it’s my relaxation and escapism and will have my dinner and chocolate/sweets whilst I’m watching it. I’m also not into nights out really and tend to plan them way in advance. And turn off my notifications after 7 pm every night so I probably wouldn’t notice them ring.

15) How do you act when you're stressed out?
I shut down. I suffer with bad anxiety so the slightest stress send me into overdrive. I usually manage to simultaneously obsess over and ignore my problems. I spend hours thinking of every tiny possibility that could go wrong but don’t always act to solve the problem straight away because I feel paralysed. Even when people are trying to help I feel like they’re trying to ‘catch me out’ and I have to be able to justify and explain everything I do and think.

16) What makes you dislike the personalities of some people?
People who are callous, cold, look down on people or mock them, people who don’t try to empathetic or understanding. People who make mountains out of molehills and turn the tiniest of inconveniences into big dramas.

17) Is there anything you really like talking about with other people?
Not really, I chat about current things going on in my life, ask how friends are doing, the weather etc. I’m not one for ‘deep and meaningful’ conversations.

18) What kind of things do pay the least attention to in your life
Honestly I think I’d say my friends. I tend to disappear on people and whilst I would always be there for a friend in need, I don’t need to chat to them every day so I think that may make people feel a bit neglected.

19) How do your friends perceive you? What is wrong about their perception? ? What would your friends never say about your personality ?
I don’t know exactly how my friends perceive me but I imagine different friends think of me totally differently. Some people will say I’m bubbly and loud whereas others would tell you I’m quiet, reserved and thoughtful. I kind of change around different people in that people bring out different aspects of my personality. It’s confusing when trying to type myself because I wouldn’t say I’m being fake, it’s just a different side of me. On the plus side I can fit in almost anywhere and connect with and get along easily with most people.

20) You got a whole day to do whatever you like. What kind of activities do you feel like doing?
My ideal day- I’d wake up around 6 ish and go for a walk or run around the nearby forest, listening to the birds, watching the lake and enjoying the quietness. It would be a glorious, warm sunny day. After the run/walk I’d have a good breakfast (bacon and beans on toast with brown sauce to be precise) and just sit in my back garden for a little while. We have a NE facing garden so get really nice morning sunlight that’s not too hot. Then I’d do some gardening- pruning, planting new flowers etc. and in the afternoon I’d sit and read with some lovely fresh fruit and my cat curled up on my lap. I’d do some painting before having a nice evening meal outside with my close family in the heavy warmth and peace. Then I’d have a relaxing shower with my favourite smelling shampoo and body wash and relax in bed with my phone off so no one can disturb me and perhaps watch a favourite film (I’m very much still a child at heart. Shrek, HTTYD and Brave are some of my favourites!) then I’d get an early night.

Frosty

Poking the poodle
Instinctual Variant
sp
What Im more confident in for you: e9; sp dominant; introverted

Medium confident: so second; feeler; of Ne/Si axis

Iffy: Fi/Te axis
I DO think you are more likely Fi 9 than fe anything else. You seem textbook e9 and sp dominant

So.

INFP 9 (not nailed a wing down for you yet- do you know the enneagram? If so maybe look at the enneagram 1 and enneagram 8 descriptions and see which fits better) sp (which can make you seem kind of like a sensor- some of your descriptions sound very very sensor leaning, but I think it is more strong strong sp orientation more than anything else)/so (962)

So INFP 9 sp/so

Lord Lavender

Bluered Trickster
MBTI Type
EVLF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Overall I get a INFP impression from you, you have obvious Fi and Si to me and Fi is over Si so INFP over ISTJ. For tritype I see a really obvious 9 core and probably leaning w8 I don't see much 1 influence but more that steady and like hmmm that grounded 9w8 energy. Next is a really obvious 6w5 fix and lastly your image is hard to discern but Id guess a 2w1 at this stage.

Overall= INFP (ISTJ being a second possbillty) 9w8 6w5 2w1 Sp/So.