• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Am I using Fi/Te or Ti/Fe?

LanaInTheSky

Enneagram
This question seems to be bothering me the most in trying to discover my type. I found some questions that should be related to the use of these functions (I'll appreciate any thoughts on Ne/Ni & Se/Si if you spot something in my answers).

Anyone have any opinions & care to help me out?

1. Do you express your emotions/moods well?
Not really, I have a tendency to bottle thing up (for better or for worse), and I also usually don’t know how to express intense emotions, or perhaps process them (I tend to do some introspecting and ask myself what exactly it is that I’m feeling because it sometimes feels like a strange mixture, exp. happy/sad/ecstatic/anxious/enthusiastic/… all at once)

2. When someone else is crying, do you feel compelled to do something about it, right then?
I feel like I should, but I honestly have no clue how to console them… I’m not skilled in dealing with people’s emotional outbursts, but if I do anything it’s probably trying to find a solution. I feel like because I’m not emotionally involved in their problem I have a clearer insight and a different perspective so I might be able to see solutions that they don’t.

3. When you are stressed out do you turn paranoid and tactless or are you more sensitive & hypochondriacal?
Probably the first option.

4. If one of your values didn't make any logical sense, would you dismiss them?
It depends on the value, but if it were something that can objectively be proven wrong, I probably would at least reconsider believing in it.

5. Are you resistant to change or do you invite it?
Very open to change, it does make me nervous, but it keeps life interesting.

6. Do you read between the lines of what is said and do you sometimes predict future events?
Not really… Predicting the future, not at all. Reading between the lines – I do it sometimes (esp. in relationships), but I'm not good at it and it's usually just me being distrusting and looking for something to be suspicious about.

7. Do you treat people based on the "vibe" they give off or do you treat people according to a set of ethics?
Firstly ethics, I think, then the vibe. I’m usually fairly open minded when it comes to meeting new people and don’t make assumptions, but I tend to get some sort of gut feeling about them too. Now that I think about it, I think it’s maybe more a case of “Oh, this person seems ________, but let’s not make assumptions until I get to know them.” But even if I didn’t particularly like somebody, I’d still be nice to them if I had to be around them.

8. What are things you absolutely can't stand?
Overly emotional ppl, trivial conversations, rudeness, people who rain on your parade, nitpicking (though I'm guilty of this myself), ignorance, close-mindedness, cockiness.

9. What are things you like about life? (Including people?)
Music, art, my family, knowledge, people who are confident (for a reason), kind-hearted, intelligent, talented, who know who they are and what they want to do in life.

10. If a group of people were celebrating and happy over something that made no sense, would you be compelled to point out to them it made no sense, or would you just let them celebrate in peace?
I’d be tempted to point it out, but I wouldn’t. I’d let them have their fun, but perhaps I would later talk about the event to someone close to me, telling them my opinion on the celebration (that it made no sense).

11. On a regular basis, what is your energy spent on?
My hobbies, imagination, schoolwork, sometimes exercise, being in my head mostly, doing random things up there :p

LanaInTheSky

Enneagram
[MENTION=17452]TheCheeseBurgerKing[/MENTION] Thanks for the link, but I did this test (and several more)... My problem with them is that they're either too ambiguous or they're just measuring the wrong functions or what could be a mixture of functions...

If I take a few questions for example:

1. It is all fine and dandy to produce an insightful analysis, but if it doesn't contain a blueprint for action, its value will be limited.
I agree with this, but that doesn't mean that I'm a person who operates in such a way. Theory vs practice. Am I supposed to answer what I think objectively (is the statement true), or am I supposed to look at it subjectively (do I do this on a regular basis). Just because I would want to put sth in action doesn't mean that I do and that it doesn't usually just stay in my head.

2. People who whine about the regimen of their workplace, or the 9-5 routine, should suck it up or find another job.
This one just seems irrelevant & makes me either judgmental or sympathetic I guess?

3. It is annoying when people dress weirdly, or do weird things just to stand out.
There are two different things here. I'd say I don't care if people dress weirdly or do weird things if that's who they are... but if they're purposefully doing something just to stand out - yeah, annoying then.

4. I could see myself just ditching everything and starting an entirely new life, in a new country and with a new line of work.
Again - I could imagine doing that, but would I actually take the leap - 99% nope.

I've taken the test today and my results are Ne=Ni(85%)>Fi(64%)>Ti(60%)>Te(56%)>Fe(51%)>Si=Se(39%)
If I take the INFP or INTP I always score INTP... Even stranger is that when I take ENTP vs INTP I scored ENTP (which I know I can't be), albeit it was a small difference (like 53%-47%).

notmyapples

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I vote Fi/Te. The inexpressive emotions, discomfort with providing consolation and tendency to view your values in an objective lens seems like an Fi preference. The overall concern with objectivity and opinion that you gain a clearer insight when you are not emotionally connected to an issue also seems Te, but I do think you have a preference for Fi over Te.

It's common for Fi dominants to test as their Ti counterparts, specifically INFPs.

TheCheeseBurgerKing

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
Well for the record I agree with everyone's Fi assessment. Just reading one of your original write-ups I thought you sounded a little bit like my wife, who is an infp.

Try looking into your enneagram. Sometimes that can help bridge the gap between your type and your tendencies. People are so unique and complex that there is no one personality indicator that can capture all of our traits perfectly and at once.

Maybe you're enneagram is a "head center" enneagram. Whether it's us or not it should still provide more context.

[MENTION=37271]LanaInTheSky[/MENTION]