• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Help type an older member

fetus

Enneagram
6w7
It's been a while since I've even thought about my type, and I was only 16 when I was most active here (so I was a bit young). I figured I'd come here to ask for type insights as I've developed into more of an adult.

I have been all over the map with type, but for MBTI I know I'm some sort of extrovert and feeler, and Enneagram I've most considered 6w7 and 2w3. Here goes...

Personal concepts
1. What is beauty? What is love?

Beauty is subjective, but I think love is more universal. Love is continually putting someone else first completely for their own benefit with no ulterior motive.

2. What are your most important values?
Loyalty, kindness, equality. I'm a politically active liberal and mental health advocate.

3. Do you have any sort of spiritual/religious beliefs, and why do you hold (or don't) those beliefs in the first place?
I'm spiritual, but not religious. Organized religion left a very bad taste in my mouth, but I don't want to give up that divine feeling of being a part of something bigger. I believe in karma, reincarnation, science, and the good nature of Jesus. I'm all curious and all over the map but I never push anything on anyone.

4. Opinion on war and militaries? What is power to you?
I have a very negative opinion. War usually kills the innocent and militaries, while a necessity, are usually too large and inflated. Power is whoever has the privilege.

Interests
5. What have you had long conversations about? What are your interests? Why?

I love to talk about interesting things that have happened in my past, and politics. My interests include writing, listening to music, hanging out with friends, and just doing whatever makes me happy.

6. Interested in health/medicine as a conversation topic? Are you focused on your body?

Mildly. I like to eat right and exercise because it makes me feel good.

7. What do you think of daily chores?
I'm disgusted by them. Too boring and tedious.

8. Books or films you liked? Recently read/watched or otherwise. Examples welcome.
Harry Potter, LOTR, Forrest Gump. I'm usually more of a book person than a movie person.

9. What has made you cry? What has made you smile? Why?
Everything mildly emotional makes me cry. I'm just very emotionally reactive. Random acts of kindness always make me smile, because it shows that this world isn't really such a horrifying place.

10. Where do you feel: at one with the environment/a sense of belonging?
Whenever I'm hanging out with friends who genuinely want me around and appreciate my offbeat personality.

Evaluation & Behaviour
11. What have people seen as your weaknesses? What do you dislike about yourself?

I'm very open and intense, to the point where it can scare people away. I'm too reactive and often assume the worst about people (like they're talking behind my talk, they don't really like me, etc).

12. What have people seen as your strengths? What do you like about yourself?
I consider myself to be very funny and great at connecting with almost anyone. I'm a people person and I know how to just be down to earth and casual! I'm also very kind and non-judgmental.

13. In what areas of your life would you like help?
I would like to care less about what people think of me, to trust my own judgement, and to quit assuming the worst.

14. Ever feel stuck in a rut? If yes, describe the causes and your reaction to it.
When life gets boring I usually just go out and get a new tattoo or piercing. Just because.

People & Interactions
15. What qualities do you most like and dislike in other people? What types do you get along with?

I like people who can put up with my emotional intensity and who are good listeners. I dislike closed-minded people, people who are willfully ignorant, etc.

16. How do you feel about romance/sex? What qualities do you want in a partner?
Romance is great when it isn't overly mushy. I like casual romance, but not the whole "I would die without you" shit. Sex without romance is only exercise and I've gotten too attached to hookups, so that's a no from me. In a partner, I want kindness, trust, honesty, and spontaneity. The kind of person who will be okay waking up at 4 AM to go to do something fun.

17. If you were to raise a child, what would be your main concerns, what measures would you take, and why?
I just want my kids in the future to be kind individuals who aren't ignorant and can think for themselves. I want them to think critically and treat others how they'd like to be treated.

18. A friend makes a claim that clashes with your current beliefs. What is your inward and outward reaction?
I'm honestly so afraid of being abandoned or upsetting my friends that I probably wouldn't make a big deal out of it. I might gently provide my own opposing opinion but not make a scene. Internally I probably would be uncomfortable, because I care about my beliefs but I don't like upsetting people.

19. Describe your relationship to society. How do you see people as a whole? What do you consider a prevalent social problem? Name one.
Society is only the sum of a bunch of broken, hurting individuals. I'm part of society and I seek to change it rather than sit around and complain about it. A prevalent social problem is the systematic discrimination and prejudice against people of color.

20. How do you choose your friends and how do you behave around them?
I attach to whoever makes me feel welcomed and safe to be myself. I like people who genuinely laugh at my jokes and antics! When I'm with friends I'm silly, zany, open about anything and ready to try anything once.

21. How do you behave around strangers?
Polite, more guarded but not so much that I can't open them up and possibly start a friendship. Strangers, to me, are like Rubik's Cubes. I want to solve them so we can get to friendship and what really matters (not the weather or sports teams).

Thanks for reading this text block!

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
If I recall, you once typed as ESFJ. I can see why, buuuuut think you sound far too spontaneous and rebellious, even emotionally inappropriate at times.

I don't know you at all, but I'm going to go out on a limb and say:

ENFP 6 So/Sx, possibly with a 9-fix, and maybe a 2-fix.

You can read about the type stackings here, and be sure to look at THE SAME instinct stack through all fixes:
Basic and Type Stackings | The Enneagram ...info from the underground.

(I didn't even see your typing in your signature until just now, so I'm feeling pretty smug atm ;) )

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Have you taken the test on the front page? (Typology Central Jung Test)? If you can do that and post the link to your results, I'll try and help.

Lord Lavender

Bluered Trickster
MBTI Type
EVLF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I'd say based on the above alpha extrovert. You are ether ESFJ or a very Fe focused ENTP. So/Sx is a sureness and your very postive outlook tritype wise 6w7 2w3 9w1.

fetus

Enneagram
6w7
Have you taken the test on the front page? (Typology Central Jung Test)? If you can do that and post the link to your results, I'll try and help.

It said ESFJ with this function order:

Fe = Si > Ne > Fi = Ni > Se > Ti > Te

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It said ESFJ with this function order:

Fe = Si > Ne > Fi = Ni > Se > Ti > Te

Can you post in the link to the test results?

Tilt

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Nothing to go against ESFJ. ESFJs can be raunchy, inappropriate, and spontaneous in the right context. Emphasis on "in the right context" because there always seems to be an underlying deliberate energy to them. In fact, the first well-known leaked celebrity sex tape scandal was that of Rob Lowe (most likely ESFJ 3w2/6w7/?) but then he settled down and has been married for the past 20+ years.

fetus

Enneagram
6w7
Nothing to go against ESFJ. ESFJs can be raunchy, inappropriate, and spontaneous in the right context. Emphasis on "in the right context" because there always seems to be an underlying deliberate energy to them. In fact, the first well-known leaked celebrity sex tape scandal was that of Rob Lowe (most likely ESFJ 3w2/6w7/?) but then he settled down and has been married for the past 20+ years.

Definitely rings true. Thank you for your input.