• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Peter as NTP. Fite me.

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
- Poor Ji (Ti wouldn't care about objectively referencing its points with external facts since it follows its own worldview, it would back up using its own understanding which is where the argument begins in the first place, and Fi would more often than not call out something immoral regardless of whether or not it fit the Fe atmosphere).

- Very FiTe/TeFi approach, relying on objective facts rather than your own understanding

I don't have poor Ji. I'm in my 30s and have put A LOT of effort into assessing when and when not to open my mouth. I learned by trial and error and more error. I now (usually) know when to speak up, when to pass because I'm not informed enough/don't actually care enough, and when to reserve my energy just because.

Thank you for your guest appearance, please exit stage left.

SigmaEnigma

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't have poor Ji. I'm in my 30s and have put A LOT of effort into assessing when and when not to open my mouth. I learned by trial and error and more error. I now (usually) know when to speak up, when to pass because I'm not informed enough/don't actually care enough, and when to reserve my energy just because.

Thank you for your guest appearance, please exit stage left.

The way you put it I figured you were referring to when you do care, but don't know how to back it up.

Metis

For the record, I did start this thread just for funsies. I would like to pick the brains of actual confirmed NTPs, mainly to solidify my understanding of Ti, and also to help me with my relationship with an INTP.

But in all seriousness, I do receive this result often. I like to take tests periodically to see how I morph or stay consistent, it's just fun to me (pushes up taped spectacles and snorts).

Here are two recent results:

I am not sure if these are more dichotemy based, but if they are, that could definitely explain any skewing. I seem to have the hardest time answering I vs E and T vs F questions comparatively. With that said, I think it's clear I am capable of being extremely emotional but also relatively insensitive at times.

I guess I just continue to make little sense. :happy2:

As far as I understand it, Ti is too lazy to compile a bunch of references, so it just assumes that whatever the fuck it's talking about makes sense. On the other hand, Te will throw in some references, but the connections it makes will be spurious at best. It'll try to make up for that through force of will.