• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Who the heck am I? Help!

soul_searching

So I've stepped away from personality theory for several months, but I'm ready to come back to it and figure all this out.

1) What aspect of your personality made you unsure of your type?
I’m unsure whether I use Fi or Fe or Si or Ni. Because I feel like I use Fi on some levels because my feelings and reasoning for things are always more internally based, yet I feel I use Fe because often times other people’s feelings are more important, and in some cases I can push aside how I feel to keep the peace. I definitely don’t think I’m detail orientated (the aspect of Si that I don’t relate to) unless it’s something that’s impacted me personally, but I’m very reflective and have a hard time detaching myself from the past (the aspect of Si that I DO relate to). Ni feels other worldly to me because of the strong, magical intuition attached to it, and it doesn’t feel like me at all. I don’t fully grasp Ni, so it’s hard for me to pin-point what I do relate to. I just know that I don’t think Se is high in my stack because I’m much more internally and mind focused than I am surroundings focused.

2) What do you yearn for in life? Why?
I yearn for a simple, uncomplicated life because I feel like I’ve had to unnecessarily struggle on many levels. I do long for depth to a certain degree, but I don’t want to feel like I’m drowning in drama or issues.

3) Think about a time where you felt like you were at your finest. Tell us what made you feel that way.
It was about 4 years ago when I was working for a software company that I absolutely loved. I never felt I had a place I belonged or a job that I could truly get lost in and care about, but working for this company showed me potential that I never knew I had, and because of that, I developed confidence. In that same time period, I was writing, expressing myself and sharing my heart, and I was just in an all-around good place and mental state.

4) What makes you feel inferior?
When I feel like other people are getting more attention for things that I value and want to be noticed for (such as how they express themselves in words or their writing). When I feel ignored or unheard.

5) What tends to weigh on your decisions? (Do you think about people, pro-cons, how you feel about it, etc.)
How other people are going to feel about it, if I’m going to be happy with the outcome.

6) When working on a project what is normally your emphasis? Do you like to have control of the outcome?
I start so many things and never really finish them because I run out of steam so quickly. I’m very in the moment in that sense. But outside of personal projects, I tend to become hyper focused on one aspect, and sometimes that slows things down. I suppose it’s the tunnel vision.

7) Describe us a time where you had a lot of fun. How is your memory of it?
My sister and I got up early and headed to the beach. We took the bus and went out to breakfast first – I remember that was the first time I had French toasted stuffed with cheesecake filling and strawberries, and we joked that I always got dessert for breakfast. We walked along the beach, chatted incessantly, took selfies, and I remember the sun glistening on the water and it being a gorgeous, hot and sunny day. I don’t even remember what we talked about (and that’s weird for me because usually specific pieces of conversations stick in my head more than tiny details), but I remember feeling so close to her. My heart was filled with so much affection for her.

8) When you want to learn something new, what feels more natural for you? (Are you more prone to be hands on, to theorize, to memorize, etc)
I need precise explanations. I need to learn things in pieces, because if you try to explain something new too quickly or give me too much information, I feel overwhelmed. I need time to process it, time to realize my own mistakes. I always had a hard time with memorization unless I was given a particular way to remember it (i.e. visual, a song, etc).

9) How organized do you to think of yourself as?
I’m not very organized in my work life (I always struggled with structured organization – even in elementary school, my desk was a mess), but I’m extremely particular about my personal space, such as my bedroom. I’ll go through bursts where everything is a mess, but then become obsessive about rearranging/decluttering/purging.

10) How do you judge new ideas? You try to understand the principles behind it to see if they make sense or do you look for information that supports it?
I’d try to understand, but I may be resistant at first, especially if it’s something I’m unfamiliar with.

11) You find harmony by making sure everyone is doing fine and belonging to a given group or by making sure that you follow what you believe and being yourself?
When things around me are harmonious, then I’m harmonious. But I find if I have to pretend to feel something that I don’t, then that’s a problem. For example, if say I’m told I have to be a certain way in a job setting (I mean outside of the normal professional, respectful realm), such as bending over backwards for executives just because they’re executives or my boss has a particular, what I consider to be a ridiculous expectation, then that turns me off completely. I feel like I can’t function unless I’m feeling something or genuinely wanting to do something – if I cared about the job (either I love the people, the industry, whatever… but it has to be personal and mean something to me) and genuinely felt the need to bend over backwards, then I would. But if it’s expected of me, then that just causes me to shut down and not want to comply.

12) Are you the kind that thinks before speaking or do you speak before thinking? Do you prefer one-on-one communication or group discussions?
It all depends. Sometimes if I’m really emotionally charged, I tend to blurt things without thinking and regret them later, but that’s not very often anymore. If anything, I tend to over think and worry about people’s perceptions. I definitely prefer one-on-one communication than group discussions. I’m much more comfortable with one person, especially one person whom I know really well.

13) Do you jump into action right away or do you like to know where are you jumping before leaping? Does action speaks more than words?
Sometimes I have a tendency to jump into action without thinking things through, and that’s always proven to work out badly. Most of the time I tend to overthink things, and that’s why decisions are hard for me. I talk more than I act, because I’ll have all these revelations and visions for change, but actually implementing them isn’t my strong suit. I tend to run on feeling, and once that feeling has passed... I don’t feel the need to act.

14) It's Saturday. You're at home, and your favorite show is about to start. Your friends call you for a night out. What will you do?
It all depends. If I’m in the mood to go out, I’d go because a show isn’t that important to me. But if I’m really not feeling it, I may not answer the phone and avoid them (I'd rather them think I was busy) because this way I won’t have to tell them that I don’t feel like going, especially if they’re the type of people who would push me into going if I really wasn’t up for it.

15) How do you act when you're stressed out?
I’m a wrecking ball when I’m stressed – If I’m stressed about something in my personal life, then it carries over into my work life or vice versa. I can’t seem to find that happy medium where my personal life doesn’t impact my professional life, or my professional life doesn’t cause issues in my personal life. Whatever I’m stressed about becomes the main focus, and I don’t want to deal with anything else.

16) What makes you dislike the personalities of some people?
People who have no regard for people’s feelings, those who are domineering, stubborn, condescending. Those who never apologize and admit their faults.

17) Is there anything you really like talking about with other people?
I like discussing life, plans (seriously, I love imagining things and talking them to death, but I don’t really carry out any visions), hopes, dreams, fears. I like discussing personality theories, enneagram… anything that helps me delve deeper into myself and also gain a better understanding of those close to me.

18) What kind of things do pay the least attention to in your life?
Admittedly my health. I tend to be very casual about that. I care about those close to me and their health, but when it comes to my own, I tend to think nothing bad is going to happen. Plus I tend to avoid planning things for the long-term unless I’m forced to.

19) How do your friends perceive you? What is wrong about their perception? What would your friends never say about your personality?
My friends perceive me as passive, nice to a fault, and private. I don’t think they’re wrong, honestly because speaking up is something I’m working on. I don’t think they’d ever say I’m bossy, rude, or harsh.

20) You got a whole day to do whatever you like. What kind of activities do you feel like doing?
I’d sleep in, relax on the couch and have my coffee. I’d definitely do some writing done, read, maybe binge-watch a series… all without having to be available by text or others wanting to see me. I’m rarely ever alone, so it would be nice to spend some time alone and unplug from life.

The Cat

Just a Magic Cat who hangs out at the Crossroads.
Staff member
Have you considered IXFP?

The Cat

Just a Magic Cat who hangs out at the Crossroads.
Staff member
I was considering INFJ or ISFJ (I thought I used Fe-Ti and not Fi-Te). Can you explain why you think I may be IXFP?

based on the answers to your questions, but I haven't seen you posting much, so it's a bit hard to get a read, so I'm largely guessing at functions, based on your answers given...but if you're really interested; check out the following links, and feel free to share what you think here, and we can go from here, but like only you type you at the end of the day...

INFJ - Typology Wiki
ISFJ - Typology Wiki
ISFP - Typology Wiki
INFP - Typology Wiki

ugghh

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w2
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
INFJ or possibly ISFP would be my guess

Lord Lavender

Bluered Trickster
MBTI Type
EVLF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I would say ISFP based on this. You show obvious feeling lead and Se/Ni axis and you seem Fi over Fe by far so I can rule out ENFJ. Your inferior Te is clear as well to me.

I also think you are probably a 9 and 2 but unsure of head type right now. Would you say you deal with aniexty by withdrawing,seeking support or distraction.

soul_searching

I would say ISFP based on this. You show obvious feeling lead and Se/Ni axis and you seem Fi over Fe by far so I can rule out ENFJ. Your inferior Te is clear as well to me.

I also think you are probably a 9 and 2 but unsure of head type right now. Would you say you deal with aniexty by withdrawing,seeking support or distraction.

Interesting... do you mind elaborating on how I seem Fi over Fe, how I'm on the Se/Ni axis, and my inferior Te? I only ask because most people tell me I'm clearly Si-dom and Fe-aux.

I don't withdraw from anxiety... if anything I tend to harp on things I'm anxious about; always seeking solid answers and reassurance.

Forever_Jung

MBTI Type
ESFJ
I feel like you use Ne/Si not Se/Ni, because you come up with lots of ideas/visions but don't really feel the need to realize them. That whole answer about hating to conform to people's expectations of you (esp. at work), seemed a very NP thing to say, as well.

I also THINK I am a Ne/Si user, and since I relate a lot to what you've said, I'm assuming you share some elements of my type. That being said, I may be wrong about my own type, so take it with a grain of salt.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Can you provide the URL of your results to the Jung assessment on the home page

soul_searching

I feel like you use Ne/Si not Se/Ni, because you come up with lots of ideas/visions but don't really feel the need to realize them. That whole answer about hating to conform to people's expectations of you (esp. at work), seemed a very NP thing to say, as well.

I also THINK I am a Ne/Si user, and since I relate a lot to what you've said, I'm assuming you share some elements of my type. That being said, I may be wrong about my own type, so take it with a grain of salt.

I actually thought I might be INFP, but I'm not sure that I'm a Fi-dom. But I do relate to the INFP descriptions more than INFJ, for sure. Yet I almost always test INFJ or ISFJ.

Wunjo

Maverick thinker.
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
The title interested me.

I haven't yet read the content enough to form an opinion except to say that I see shades of introverted feeling, but people correlating their identity with their MBTI types in personality forums is something that I started to see often. I'd say for the title that you are not your MBTI type, rather your MBTI type uses concepts created in order to explain the scale of human behaviour (which is very, very wide and impossible to fit into a theory of personality with all of its important aspects, if you ask me) by using some of the strong points that form what you call who you are.

It's the word "tree", but not the tree itself; to speak briefly.

ThomasISFP

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
I think you might be ISFP. There is a lot that I relate to in your stories. :reading:

soul_searching

I think you might be ISFP. There is a lot that I relate to in your stories. :reading:

Ugh, I've had some people tell me that too! It's so confusing. I don't feel like my Se (if I even use Se?) is high at all. I can be so unaware of my surroundings.

Frosty

Poking the poodle
Instinctual Variant
sp
You read as an Ne/Si Fi/Te type. Definitely definitely Si. I dont know where people are getting se from at all. Half of your answers seem like obvious Si valuing.

Also you read like a 4 with 6 influence to me.

INFP 461 would be my guess from this

soul_searching

You read as an Ne/Si Fi/Te type. Definitely definitely Si. I dont know where people are getting se from at all. Half of your answers seem like obvious Si valuing.

Also you read like a 4 with 6 influence to me.

INFP 461 would be my guess from this

Thank you. I don't see any Se in me either. I feel like I'd possess an awareness of my surroundings, and I've always been told I'm kind of oblivious. hah.

--
So either INFP or ISFJ.

Temperamenthacker

MBTI Type
INTP
Self-awareness doesn't have to be challenging. It's simple! I use a new method of figuring out the mbti type of any personality. I use what we call numerology. Your mbti type is embedded in your date of birth.
Just alert me with your true date of birth if you would not mind and you will get your mbti type. You can even check some post I made to correct some famous celebrities and personalities who have been mistyped here:ARTICLES - TemperamentHacker